Boxor....

Boidoh

Do you think maybe a Bohrok would lose colour upon its dis-assembly like a Toa would? (the Toa Mata were uncoloured before reassembling themselves). Maybe the sparks and stuff charred the Bohrok shells.

Also I wonder when the Av-Matoran->Bohrok twist was originally conceived...

-NotS

Do Matoran do the same when they're disassembled? Because if they do, then that would be a rather reasonable explanation. 

bZpOwEr

Methinks early on, like before 2003..? 

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

What are the four things above the Bohrok? I think that the one directly below the Kanohi is a Krana, but I can't tell. 

EDIT: There's an '01' next to Chris Faber's signature. It looks like they had this idea since the very beginning. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

What are the four things above the Bohrok? I think that the one directly below the Kanohi is a Krana, but I can't tell. 

EDIT: There's an '01' next to Chris Faber's signature. It looks like they had this idea since the very beginning.

They did -- the Bahrag had a line during their battle with the Toa Mata that was something to the effect of "You dare harm your own brothers!" which was specifically a reference to the origins of the Bohrok

• Upvote 2

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Woah, very cool. I always thought that it was something added in around 04 with the whole "evolution from biomechanical species" foreshadowing but this sheds some new light on my perspective. Very impressive that they were able to keep even that a secret for so long.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

To quote Faber's comment below the post on his blog:

"This was done at a very early stage in the design process. We did not know what the creatures would look like so I drew my impression of the Bahrag. I saw them spider like with the ability to carry Bohrok folded on their back. The same with the different stages of Bohrok it was my guess. The Toa line is made up of the mask then the Matoran, then the Turaga and then the Toa."

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

"This was done at a very early stage in the design process. We did not know what the creatures would look like so I drew my impression of the Bahrag. I saw them spider like with the ability to carry Bohrok folded on their back. The same with the different stages of Bohrok it was my guess. The Toa line is made up of the mask then the Matoran, then the Turaga and then the Toa."

So then that begs the question - was Turaga initially supposed to come before Toa and the evolutionary route was switched upon the direction they took in 04? (I guess that it would seem strange though - it'd make more sense for that to come after Toa, since they are elders). 

That picture does seem to depict Bohrok evolving from Rahi though, so it might just be a rough interpretation.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

So then that begs the question - was Turaga initially supposed to come before Toa and the evolutionary route was switched upon the direction they took in 04?

-NotS

The Turaga being former Toa was planned from the beginning; the picture just looked better with them switched.  (And since the picture was accidentally used in an advertisement, this chande ended up helping hide the reveal about the Turaga at the end of 2003)

• Upvote 2

The Turaga being former Toa was planned from the beginning; the picture just looked better with them switched.  (And since the picture was accidentally used in an advertisement, this chande ended up helping hide the reveal about the Turaga at the end of 2003)

Makes sense. I guess yeah, it does look better for the sake of the artwork

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg