BBC #69 The Lavahunters (Tahnok Va 2.0)

Ptah

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=553018

Greetings

The contest rules state one model so I officially submit Cinder for the contest.  But the other two are the same model with different colors and weapons.  Something I put together during Hero Factory after a bout of buyer's remorse over the Fire Villains.

cinder_01.jpg

Here is the backstory I created for them:

The lava fields are dangerous.  From searing heat to dangerous wildlife, the lava fields are not for the unwary.  This makes the three lava hunters Cinder, Ember and Ash especially hardcore.  In another time and place, they were scouts for a ravaging horde.  Since then, they’ve developed into the best game hunters in the Firelands.

Cinder is the leader and as far as the villagers now the only one who can speak their language.  He does the haggling.  He carries a Staff of Flames.

Ember is the least intimidating.  Even with his Burning blade and Searing shield, Ember seems to enjoy their brief village trips.

Ash is the opposite of Ember.  The grey and red hunter radiates hostility.  His hands are never far from his Charring chakrams. Everyone gives him a wide berth.

In the lava fields, the most desirable game is also the most dangerous: the Infernoboa  An adult Infernoboa can evaporate a river and often melts rock to channel lava flows to their nests. Villagers love the meat but the Infernoboa is lethal out of the egg.  They constrict their prey and their high body heat practically cooks them within their coils.  Only the lava hunters successfully bring these creatures down earning a high price for the much prized meat.

• Upvote 2

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

I like this MOC, although it doesn't seem very Gen 2 to me. The added bulk is nice, it seems like a formidable foe now, plus thr upgraded fire staff looks great, but it doesn't seem like it would fit in on Okoto

Perhaps, after the contest, if you try adding some more CCBS elements, that may help

Very cool story, though, I like your vivid imagination :)

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

So these are suppose to be the fire Bohrok Va? Also you are allowed multiple models, in a single submission, but only one submission picture. All three could have been in the same submission pic if you had wanted.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well, they grew in size :P 

Not bad. Definitely looks like Tahnok Va but the colours do clash a little, as only the head is in bright red. In that respect, Ember fulfills the Tahnok Va look a lot better. And yeah, there are some CCBS elements but a majority of it is old Bionicle. So as a G2 version of the character, I can't 100% say it succeeds. 

Regardless, I love the story you created and the variety of models is commendable. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.  I original made these during the second year of the Hero Factory when the CCBS was launched and I had few pieces of the short enough length. I'm happy how they turned out.  I'm glad others like them or have suggestions.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg