Takanuva, Guardian in the Light BBC #69

This is a very cool MOC with overall great appearence and color scheme. It resembles very well the new G2 style and has an incredibly cool weapon. I think that these dark gold pieces (especially these Iruini feet) make a little bit of weird contrast, but it's not too bad. Takanuva carried a Spear in the set, and even if this sword looks insanely good I think I would've liked a spear a little more. Overall great MOC, especially that torso, very creative.

This is a very cool MOC with overall great appearence and color scheme. It resembles very well the new G2 style and has an incredibly cool weapon. I think that these dark gold pieces (especially these Iruini feet) make a little bit of weird contrast, but it's not too bad. Takanuva carried a Spear in the set, and even if this sword looks insanely good I think I would've liked a spear a little more. Overall great MOC, especially that torso, very creative.

Thanks Petersheikah! I chose to give him a sword too have a little more diversity in the weapons (because Kopaka already has a spear and none of them has a single broadsword).

I don't know about a 'weird contrast', I think the use of both golds looks rather nice. Maybe a bit better color blocking is needed, but otherwise the color scheme is solid.

Of course I doubt they would release both golds in a single set, but it fits Takanuva, imo.

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

Nice! Funny enough, I just built myself a Takanuva today as well. The torso armour here with the suspended Zamor sphere is a pretty creative use of parts. I understand the use of both shades of gold, and I commend you for trying to distribute it properly. Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well. Love the weapon, really nice symmetry and use of large shapes to create something awesome. Overall, looks just like a CCBS Takanuva would. Good job!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg