Origin of the Okoto Symbols?

SPIRIT

I was looking through the concept art of the Bionicle movies that just recently surfaced when I noticed something oddly familiar on the following pictures:

Lhikan's Robes

The Entrance to Makuta's Prison

The Giant Kraahkan

So the rough consensus over in S&T seems to be that the symbols as we see them in the 2015 storyline have no meaning, but perhaps these images shed light on where the 2015 story team got them from.

What do you think?

• Upvote 7

It's got those similar symbols that are familiar to me. Those do definatly resemble the ones used for 2015. Maybe those images were one of the concepts that the new Bionicle team used to make the 2015 storyline. A lot of if not all of their research was G1 Bionicle concepts.

Overall those concept art images do look good

• Upvote 1

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Good find! I can definitely see the similarity there. Just, one thing...

I was looking through the concept art of the Bionicle movies that just recently surfaced when I noticed something oddly familiar on the following pictures:

Recently?  :blink: You must mean "REsurfaced," because we've had those images for years now. They're nothing new.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Yeah when the 2015(not really since this has been in the works for what 2years now?) team were doing when deciding how the Toa and alike would look they did research into the Gen1 designs. So it is not outside the realm of possibility that the story and artist teams seen such symbols an carried them over. More Proof for the Gen 1-2 conspiracy theorist. Come to think of it have we had any new topics/posts about Gen 1 and 2 being connected or has the community at large finally accepted that just maybe they are not. Making Gen2 more of a retelling of Gen1 rather than a continuation or prequel.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Eh... they're vaguely similar, but there are some significant differences (notably, these symbols include rounded segments, unlike the Okoto glyphs). They may have inspired some of Okoto's scenery, but it's just as likely that both were just inspired by the similar Nuva symbols.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother