LEGO Announces 10252 Volkswagen Beetle

10252_Volkswagen_Beetle_Reveal_teaser.jp

Today LEGO is announcing the perfect compliment to previous Creator Expert vehicles like the 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van and 10242 Mini Cooper. The 10252 Volkswagen Beetle weighs in at 1167 pieces and will retail for $99.99 in the US starting in August. Mike Psiaki has done an excellent job capturing the shape of the classic 60s car while fitting in tons of play features and details. Read on to check out high resolution images, the full press release, and more!

View the full article

The design is awesome, and I love the azure color! (I think I read that it's medium azure instead of dark azure, and they don't exactly specify which in the article.) It does seem a bit too pricey for a parts pack, which is what I'd be more interested in, but it still does an amazing job of capturing the shape of the vehicle. I bet this one will do well.

:music:

The design is awesome, and I love the azure color! (I think I read that it's medium azure instead of dark azure, and they don't exactly specify which in the article.) It does seem a bit too pricey for a parts pack, which is what I'd be more interested in, but it still does an amazing job of capturing the shape of the vehicle. I bet this one will do well.

:music:

It's Dark Azur. When they show the new recolors in the designer video, some of them are parts that already exist in Medium Azur, while others that WOULD be new in Medium Azur (like the 1x1 brick with side stud) are omitted.

• Upvote 1

I really like how realistic it looks compared to the real thing. Though I guess that's one of the main points of getting this set. :P

The price is a little high for my liking, but I still think this is a cool set. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Can I get this thing in yellow so that I can make it into G1 Bumblebee? :P

Joking aside, it's cool that we're getting more large-scale System vehicles. They're always so detailed and well designed! ^_^

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Can I get this thing in yellow so that I can make it into G1 Bumblebee? :P

Joking aside, it's cool that we're getting more large-scale System vehicles. They're always so detailed and well designed! ^_^

Unfortunately, one side effect of the new bow pieces it uses for the wheel wells is that until those start coming in other colors in other sets, it's basically impossible to recolor this one. That said, it looks like a useful new piece, so it'll presumably only be a matter of time before it starts showing up in other colors.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother