The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

I think it's entirely unreasonable to expect no fights to happen in an RPG about organized crime.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: I'm fine with minimal combat, too. I guess that's what I meant when I said "without combat". My general meaning was that combat wasn't the focus.The only RPG on these forums that I can think of without a ton of violence was the Harry Potter RPG of old. Dang, that was a long time ago.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

If it plays out my way, the beginning of combat and the end of combat will be drawing a gun and pointing it at someone. Realistically, nobody would draw with a gun being pointed at them unless he was drunk, but hey, lets take a look at all the RPGs on this site and see how many people have anyways.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

If I had a character do that, I'd have that character do it simply as a stalemate, or for the laughs(For the other person, of course, as the character who did that would simply be lying on the floor.). It'd more or less be a 'draw at the same time' situation, for the stalemate, of course. Unless it's also a 'get a distraction, and pull out gun to cover fire as you flee' sort of situation. =P

I dunno, Mafia stuff sounds a bit much for BZP.

Care to elaborate?

Well Jimmy the Squealer let it slip about the big heist see, so we're gonna give him a pair of cement shoes, see? And Johnny Tightlips won't talk see, so we'll have to remove his fingers one by one until he loosens his lips see, and...Sterotypical Mafia is pretty hardcore crime stuff, not sure how that could be played on BZP and well... if you really wanted to play THAT kinda stuff... it's kinda messed up. Unless you're like, the mafia accountant and spend all your days numbercrunching and buying bodybags.But never mind that stuff. You, RPG-creating people, we need a Transformers RPG and/or Mass Effect RPG! I'm not leaving this spot until one is created (without my help *lazy*)! :P Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

I've seen worse. I've seen characters beat to a pulp, sold into slavery to a GMPC, and cursed with a need for life energy that only their master can supply. Then, after some do-gooders tried to free said slave, they were almost killed by said master channeling the powers of a dark god to poison, blind, and drop a meteor on them. Then said high cultist slave owner took back his slave and brainwashed her into eternal loyalty. I've seen omnicidal maniacs slaughter hapless people inside a hospital. That's jussst the tip of the iceberg, and that's just in the last two years of the Official BZPRPG itself. And even then, that's only things that were done either by the GM or with his explicit permission.Offing a man or torturing him is peanuts compared to what I've seen.:w:

I've seen worse. I've seen characters beat to a pulp, sold into slavery to a GMPC, and cursed with a need for life energy that only their master can supply. Then, after some do-gooders tried to free said slave, they were almost killed by said master channeling the powers of a dark god to poison, blind, and drop a meteor on them. Then said high cultist slave owner took back his slave and brainwashed her into eternal loyalty. I've seen omnicidal maniacs slaughter hapless people inside a hospital. That's jussst the tip of the iceberg, and that's just in the last two years of the Official BZPRPG itself. And even then, that's only things that were done either by the GM or with his explicit permission.Offing a man or torturing him is peanuts compared to what I've seen. :w:

Why does that sound so familiar...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I've seen worse. I've seen characters beat to a pulp, sold into slavery to a GMPC, and cursed with a need for life energy that only their master can supply. Then, after some do-gooders tried to free said slave, they were almost killed by said master channeling the powers of a dark god to poison, blind, and drop a meteor on them. Then said high cultist slave owner took back his slave and brainwashed her into eternal loyalty. I've seen omnicidal maniacs slaughter hapless people inside a hospital. That's jussst the tip of the iceberg, and that's just in the last two years of the Official BZPRPG itself. And even then, that's only things that were done either by the GM or with his explicit permission. Offing a man or torturing him is peanuts compared to what I've seen. :w:

You softieI think that some darker stuff isn't too out of place, if anything it'd be good for the RPing community. Edited by ~JC~

I've seen worse. I've seen characters beat to a pulp, sold into slavery to a GMPC, and cursed with a need for life energy that only their master can supply. Then, after some do-gooders tried to free said slave, they were almost killed by said master channeling the powers of a dark god to poison, blind, and drop a meteor on them. Then said high cultist slave owner took back his slave and brainwashed her into eternal loyalty. I've seen omnicidal maniacs slaughter hapless people inside a hospital. That's jussst the tip of the iceberg, and that's just in the last two years of the Official BZPRPG itself. And even then, that's only things that were done either by the GM or with his explicit permission.Offing a man or torturing him is peanuts compared to what I've seen. :w:

See, I play Warhammer 40k. We call that Tuesday.Personally, I think we've got enough HRRRNGHGHG GRIMDARK. What's everyone say to some nice traditional adventuring in a somewhat traditional fantasy world?
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it (seeing as my stories run off of grimdark), we do need a light hearted tale. We need a game where you go and save the prince/ss and actually succeed. You get to beat the wizard without the wizard being some byproduct of childhood scaring , parental abuse, and being a failure at life. It's never black and white in the real world, but having a game where you're solidly good or bad is possible. Good guys get to beat bad guys, and bad guys get to never die and ham it up.That, that would be an RPG I could play after getting depressed by the world. ****, I'd even be willing to write someone up a plot and co-host it if they'd be so willing.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Well, first off I don't see how the need for a lighthearted RPG automatically nixes the interest in a Mafia RPG.Second off, I personally don't think I'd be able to get along in a black-and-white RPG. I'd start playing both sides out of habit. Not saying that you shouldn't start one, but that's just what I'd find myself doing. Maybe I'm so jaded that the aggravation of real life doesn't bother me anymore.:w:

Personally, I think we've got enough HRRRNGHGHG GRIMDARK.

6761bccd.pngI forget this is a children's website, but seriously, most of you are teenagers. The only grayness there should be in your RPGs is morality, not the entire mood. Edited by ~JC~

I wish Necro were still around. I have an idea, but it's kind of stepping on Concerto's shoes.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

He said he kinda lost interest, and college was getting to be a bit much for him.

-Rover

Err... Where is this "hrrrngh grimdark" you refer to? To Save the World isn't grimdark, it's a superhero RPG in which gratuitous violence happens between plainly-good and plainly-bad, with a smattering of clever. Striö Karla isn't grimdark, it's politics.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, but SK really isn't grimdark politics. It's trade agreements and international paintball and a so-far non-violent spy-war between two countries that has yet to affect anyone else.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I know, but a lot of people consider politics the worst thing ever. :P :w:

*sigh* Think about what you're saying.Who brought up that nonsensical word, grimdark. Was it the guy with an 70 page RPG about politics? Was it the guy who very actively plays the current one about politics?So why would he say politics are bad if he clearly enjoys them so much?And if you aren't even referring to him, then who? Yourself? Correct me if I'm wrong but you also play the current political RPG, so unless you are there for the company, how can you say politics are bad?And if you aren't referring to him or yourself, then who? Where are these political RPG haters who thinks politics is dark and darkness needs to be abolished? Because I don't see any.

Not as far as I could tell. Statements were made, grimdarkness was questioned, and jokes followed. No "grr" to be found.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom