The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Shakespeare, God Of Stories?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

He was a demigod before, and is a god now, you mean?

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Shakespeare, God Of Stories?

Oh I hate you so much right now.In any case it's disappointing to see this transform into a territory based RPG but I suppose its still a step up [or down, depending on how you look at it] from the RTS' that populate this forum. Just as a quick question, what exactly do you qualify as a minor god?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Would you have any objections to gods whose powers are never really made clear? I've been having fun drifting towards the stranger, more surrealistic ideas, so right now I'm thinking it would be fun to play as a donkey-riding god who sells limes, but otherwise doesn't do very much.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No territory colors like that... One will show cities with new gods, maybe two if we get more pantheons than that, and if enough people are solo, I'll give them one too. But the colors would show where the Aztec line of advance is, for instance. How much they've already taken.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

He'd definitely be a traveling cultish-type god. His followers would probably do more than he would, in terms of, you know, fighting and things.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

He wanders the desert selling limes to people. If that's not miraculous enough to sustain a healthy following, I don't know what is.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

There aren't really "bad guys" among the pantheons, but they want to keep Aztec power in Mexico. The European gods want to expand their power out of fear of the Asian gods(who will not appear in game, for various reasons). They want to make sure they're not easy targets if the Asians try to expand. The Yoruba are there because they've been spreading from west Africa through the Caribbean and into the Southern U.S. among the African-American community, particularly in Louisiana as Voodoo already has a presence there in the real world.Basically, everybody just wants to be the most powerful.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

He wanders the desert selling limes to people. If that's not miraculous enough to sustain a healthy following, I don't know what is.

Perhaps he also sells camels at ridiculously cheap prices?Perhaps some know him as Crazy Hassan?

-Rover

I feel the need to point out that from where I'm sitting, there are really only two Oriental religions, Hinduism and Shintoism. The others are mostly humanistic philosophies that use spiritual terminology.If everyone is competing, why worry about the Aztecs in particular? Wouldn't you want to track where all of the groups are?:w:

I'm not sure what you mean... The Aztecs are growing across the southwest quite quickly, and they're even taking over cities which are run by new gods- like El Paso. That was what kicked off the war. Before they destroyed the gods of El Paso and took the city, everyone was somewhat divided into their own territory, but it was like a box of fireworks. The Aztecs pushing out of Mexico and taking El Paso was the match.So, everyone wants a piece of the action now, and the pantheons both want to expand their footholds in North America and show their dominion over the others. Mainly, however, they want to get rid of the new gods.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

...Are... are we going to compete to see who has the sillier - and yet still oddly plausible - god? Is that what's going to happen?Because I am down for a silly god-off.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

BRING ON THE CAMELSI'll be doing The Prince of Stories pretty seriously.

-Rover

Limes are not camels. My guy's department is very specifically "riding a donkey through the desert, selling limes to those in need."In fact, I'm not even sure he has any goals. I think this is going to be an interesting case where the followers steer the ship.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, that was an example. The map will track everyone's progress.National governments have mostly ceased to control things, and the world is made up of various theocracies. However, they still have a bit of a presence, but that will be a plot point. Haha.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

Waaaaait, the world governments have ceased to exist? What?I can understand gods coming back is a pretty massive thing, but it's not going instantly turn everyone into a theocracy. It'd be even worse in America, seeing as it's predominantly Christian, so while you're going get a good share that go to the gods, you're also going have to face a massive force of monotheists who aren't going to give up control to cultists/pagans so easily.Even if America did turn into a bunch of theocracies, I doubt the rest of the world would, and some nations might take this as an opportunity to invade a weakened foe. Mortal steel can overcome divine power with enough time.TL;DR, the nations of the world aren't just going fall over and be all 'I for one welcome our divine overlords'

Edited by Gaius Alex Humvus Augustus

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I agree with Humva on this one--a bunch of minor gods showing up to try and take over will ruffle a lot of feathers the wrong way, and if there's one thing we can learn from Zeus and Ragnarok it's that even the greater gods in pantheons can be killed.And I'm probably going to have a fairly large support base for the Messenger. :P :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

Ah, I think that, as a matter of necessity, the major modern religions will not be shown/present in this. Consider it an alternate universe, or whatever makes you happy, just so long as they are not there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Unless we apply the MST3K mantra a little more liberally than originally intended.Which basically means hush, you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Personally, if we're not making a specific religion the bad guys I have a hard time believing it'll offend anyone. Completely erasing a very large group of people from the face of the earth because it might offend someone else, however...that might be offensive to some of us. And if you're going to say "tough luck, live with it" I ask why can't you just say the same to anyone else? I don't see a reason why the GM could just tell anyone who looks like they might start flaming to shut up or leave.:w: