Kohaku

Tilius: You have to make it through the four races of the grand prix you race on. Then it's recorded. =)And yeah, I've been doing that, but apparently I need to focus on acceleration even more. xD Hopefully my new Glider will help with that a bit. Takes weight down, and adds to acceleration. Hopefully it didn't take away from the height I'm allowed to get, or some courses will be unplayable...

Swoop down? How do you do that?Also, it's weird, I sometimes get 3 stars next to my name, and sometimes one, and sometimes just my normal wheel. And I haven't completed all the grand prixs by any means. 0_o

D= Playing with someone in the BZP community, and I nearly won. And just getting to the finish line of Airship Fortress, I go and drift off into the pit. D= Dang it, was so close there.Got two more to catch up and tie, but...

Huh. That's interesting. I'm assuming you can't do an equivalent with the gyroscope when in First Person? =PAlso, the coin count differs every so often. Like, there's one that's every 200 coins or so, and the first ones are every 50 coins.

1. Ah, so it is you I'm facing. xD And yes. I seem to do better, IMO. I just fail horribly at most of the tracks, like Rainbow Road. xD2. yeah, I'm doing that, it helps a lot. =)3. Oh dang, SNES Rainbow Road. ._.'

Yeah, I'd seen that, but it looked like I was first on my screen, and that you were still miles behind. xDI've had practice on it, given that I've had to beat it so much. xDI'm not sure where you came from on that last race though, you appeared out of nowhere. xDGood games, though. =)

Whoever was in the group just now, I apologize for leaving without even starting the race; I was setting some communities up and didn't mean to try and start a race right this instant.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Lakitu was Tilius, yes. =PI noticed the lag myself. ... When you can't knock down a kart with a Red Shell, you pretty much know that there's some sort of lag. xDWould've won that first race if I had've been paying attention, though. xD

Sorry, I haven't been on it much. I've been playing Mario 3D Land and Swapnote. XDI will try to be on in an hour or two for a few races. If anyone wants my 3DS code it is: 2019-9653-8564. I'll add pretty much anyone. And, I'm on.

Edited by Kohaku

In MKDS, if tou hold A and B on the stairs going into the mansion and press either left or right, the game freezes up and you have to restart the system. It affects everyone playing, so it can be quite an annoyance...Anyways, I have 3 stars on both 50cc and 100cc, really close to getting a 3-Star ranking...

I finally got 3 stars on all of the Grand Prix speed levels. I found that the best results came from using light characters with fast acceleration but good weight. The most annoying part is getting blue shelled right at the end of a race and losing.And yes, Maka Wuhu is annoying to race online. I want to glitch/cheat like everyone else to keep up a good VR rating, but then I feel bad about the one or two people who don't glitch, so I usually stay on the right path, unless the race comes up twice in a row, because then its just annoying to lose because I'm not cheating.My favourite track has to be Neo Bowser City or DK Jungle. NBC has cool turns which are fun for drift boosting, but DK Jungle has the best graphics, IMO, in the game, and the game it was based off of was awesome.

black_-_the_host.png

I usually fall off one of the turns at least once on NBC on 150cc and Mirror. Need to work on that for my 3-Star ranking...And almost 99% of the time I play, I use Rosalina, and I've found the difference between weight classes to be much less than in previous games.

Depending on which combo of kart/tires, perhaps changing the combo to have a bit more Handling will help you not fall off. And drifting will also help, if you get the hang of drifting at the right times.And while the weight classes aren't that different, I can definately notice the difference between using a combo of Toad, Cloud Kart, and Roller Wheels and Metal Mario/B Dasher/Slick. Both have upsides, depending on what kind of racer you are.Acceleration is definately important in races where items are a big part of the race (like in Single Player GPs).

black_-_the_host.png

Mario Kart 7 wheel? The first I've heard of this...That being said, however, I wonder how well the Circle Pad pro would work with this, assuming it emulates L and R for the buttons on the left and right side like it does in Monster Hunter. =P

It's this.I wouldn't want to use the Circle Pad Pro with MK7, since it apparently makes the A/B/X/Y buttons harder to reach... I'd hope that the right circle pad would be able to be used as those buttons, though, at least for DS games (I'm looking at you, Metroid Prime: Hunters), but it would really be awkward in Kart.

• 2 weeks later...