Kohaku

On a side note, seeing as this is also a general MK topic, the Maka Wuhu glitch is... interesting. The most efficient way to perform it is to go a bit past the fence, turn around by braking and pressing A and B at the same time (a lesser known technique that is also incredibly useful in Coin Runners and if you run straight into a wall), and using a mushroom to soar over the rocks. Of course, the trick can easily be performed without a mushroom or the A+B trick, but it is much slower.Anyway, yeah, it can be annoying in communities and in worldwide when everyone chooses Maka Wuhu every time.--CV

banner.jpg

You know, I don't like saying this... but in order to survive online you kinda of need to do the Maka Wuhu glitch. >_>I'm not happy about it though.

On a side note, seeing as this is also a general MK topic, the Maka Wuhu glitch is... interesting. The most efficient way to perform it is to go a bit past the fence, turn around by braking and pressing A and B at the same time (a lesser known technique that is also incredibly useful in Coin Runners and if you run straight into a wall), and using a mushroom to soar over the rocks. Of course, the trick can easily be performed without a mushroom or the A+B trick, but it is much slower.Anyway, yeah, it can be annoying in communities and in worldwide when everyone chooses Maka Wuhu every time.--CV

Replying to both quotes: once you hit a certain VR rating Maka Wuhu is chosen a lot less, because everyone knows the glitch. But it is unfortunate that in order to get a higher VR you need to use the glitch. However, as I've probably said before, the glitch is so widely used that the course becomes a challenge of who can best pull off the glitch.And on another unrelated note: has anyone unlocked all 3 golden parts? I'd like to, but it takes a long time to do so without Streetpass.
black_-_the_host.png

You know, I don't like saying this... but in order to survive online you kinda of need to do the Maka Wuhu glitch. >_>I'm not happy about it though.

Replying to both quotes: once you hit a certain VR rating Maka Wuhu is chosen a lot less, because everyone knows the glitch. But it is unfortunate that in order to get a higher VR you need to use the glitch. However, as I've probably said before, the glitch is so widely used that the course becomes a challenge of who can best pull off the glitch.And on another unrelated note: has anyone unlocked all 3 golden parts? I'd like to, but it takes a long time to do so without Streetpass.
I got to my higher VR without doing the glitch, once I got to 3000 VR, everyone did the glitch when it was picked. I've gotten better at using it on random, but I still don't like it. Although, I do think that there should be another set of item boxes on Maka Wuhu, the item spacing isn't too good on the course.

Totally agree with above comment. Would LOVE a Waluigi!It would be nice if the characters finally had their own uniquely designed Karts instead of light, medium, and heavy.

...That's exactly what they have... I'm not sure what you mean...

banner.jpg

Tilius: They rarely patch any glitches; no matter what. In fact, they had a chance to fix the different glitches in OoT, and they left them in. Granted, they only left the more benign glitches, but still. It's not because their games are glitch-fests; but because some people like the glitches.(Though in game breaking cases, I do think they should make an exception. >_>)

I got to my higher VR without doing the glitch, once I got to 3000 VR, everyone did the glitch when it was picked. I've gotten better at using it on random, but I still don't like it. Although, I do think that there should be another set of item boxes on Maka Wuhu, the item spacing isn't too good on the course.
Everyone uses the glitch when Maka Wuhu is chosen, yes, but it isn't chosen as much as in lower VR levels (or at least, I've found it to be that way). And yeah, you can raise your VR without doing the glitch, as 1st place gives ~20 points, while last place is ~-3, so losing doesn't set you back to much, but it is annoying to be timed out on the course because you didn't use the glitch.I agree that it should be patched, though. The game should recognize that you haven't passed a certain point on the course, or a wall should be added.
black_-_the_host.png

Yeah; good matches. xD That pattern was pretty funny. =PWhat I found interesting, however, was how we'd win on the courses the other would pick. =P And me just plain epic failing on SNES Rainbow Road. I just couldn't drift on there, for some reason. xD

Tilius: They rarely patch any glitches; no matter what. In fact, they had a chance to fix the different glitches in OoT, and they left them in. Granted, they only left the more benign glitches, but still. It's not because their games are glitch-fests; but because some people like the glitches.(Though in game breaking cases, I do think they should make an exception. >_>)

Well, they left glitches in OoT 'cause of nostalgia or whatever. It's slightly different when it's an online competitive multiplayer game. And Nintendo never fixing glitches doesn't really mean it's okay. Other companies fix glitches no trouble at all.- Tilius
Actually, the game was rebuilt from the ground up and they intentionally put some of the glitches in. A lot of people think it is a simple port, that isn't true. ;)Anyway, as that subject is off topic, I would love DLC for Mario Kart, but that would be something that will start with the next game in the series. I'd love one with all the tracks from the series.

Well, they left glitches in OoT 'cause of nostalgia or whatever. It's slightly different when it's an online competitive multiplayer game. And Nintendo never fixing glitches doesn't really mean it's okay. Other companies fix glitches no trouble at all.- Tilius
Actually, the game was rebuilt from the ground up and they intentionally put some of the glitches in. A lot of people think it is a simple port, that isn't true. ;)Anyway, as that subject is off topic, I would love DLC for Mario Kart, but that would be something that will start with the next game in the series. I'd love one with all the tracks from the series.
A game with all the tracks ever would likely be a home console game, but it would still be epic. I miss a ton of the gamecube tracks, especially those from the Special Cup. And as I never owned SNES or the MK Gameboy Advance game it would be cool to try out all of the tracks I've never done before.Realistically, Nintendo could put out a giant game with all the tracks and all the characters that have ever been used, and all the karts as well (the DS had some pretty cool kart designs).
black_-_the_host.png

I've also logged into the community a few times, if anyone would like to race.And it would be interesting to play a mairo kart with everything they've ever done...perhaps for a mario kart 25 years thing?EDIT: I just had a match against someone named RACER#1...whoever that was, good game! ...but we agreed on no wuhu island/maka wuhu glitch. >.>

Edited by Zaxvo

{Z}

• 2 weeks later...

I've also logged into the community a few times, if anyone would like to race.And it would be interesting to play a mairo kart with everything they've ever done...perhaps for a mario kart 25 years thing?EDIT: I just had a match against someone named RACER#1...whoever that was, good game! ...but we agreed on no wuhu island/maka wuhu glitch. >.>

Not sure who that is, I'm Bjoacx on the community and you don't have to worry about that glitches with me... Because I STILL don't know how to do it... XD

I wonder if some racers on the community are guests or so. Just because of things like that. =PAlso, I will not glitch on the community, regardless of the fact that I know how to pull it off.

Oh of course, I was just making a funny, even if I knew how to do it I wouldn't...BTW: Anyone want to battle sometime later today in the new BZP battles group? If you want to beat someone I'm your guy... (Great at racing, a pile of poop at battling, I still like doing it though for some reason...)

Edited by Bjoacx