Parts Packs For Hero Factory. Remolded Ball Sockets.

Gonna be typing up a letter to LEGO about the possibility of parts packs and I wanna know if anyone thinks it's a good idea.My overall idea was take all the parts w/ the old ball socket from the currently released sets and remold them w/ the new ball socket we got on the 2.0 bone pieces.After remolding them release a parts pack for that wave on S@H and in LEGO Stores. The parts in question are: every part w/ a ball socket from the 1.0 wave, the heads on Fire Lord and Drilldozer, the feet on Waspix and Fangz, all glatorian head in the Breakout winter sets and Toxic Reapa's feet. I also think they should do such remolds before releasing the summer sets.So go on and tell me what you think. Do you want heads to keep breaking?

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think Lego would go for it, simply because they would have to spend the money for these brand new molds for pieces they may not use again. Sure, some they will, such as the glatorian heads, or Reapa's feet, but the others not as much. In fact, for the 1.0 line, 90% of the pieces (estimate) had that style of joint that broke easily. They might as well rerelease the entire 1.0 wave with the new pieces if they were to remold them. I do think something could be said for a new glatorian head remold though, just maybe not as a parts pack.

A parts designer on another forum has already said they're working on remolding the Glatorian heads and shadow matoran feet, but that it would not be finished in time for the release of the Breakour series, and as such, the remolded parts would start showing up in later production waves (a similar case to Jetbug).-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I think what would work far better would be one part pack of bone pieces and one part pack of basic armor cladding. There is barely a need for part packs with heads and feet, whereas bone pieces and armor cladding are used universally for MOCing with the new building system. An Arachnix drone pack wouldn´t be too bad either, if you think about it. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Why not just Pick a Brick or Bricklink?

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

He's not trying to attain the parts, he's trying to get LEGO to remold them and sell them separately.And sadly, I don't think LEGO would be all for it. It would cost too much money, and its not like they would use them in new sets or anything. And I can't imagine it being so popular, as none of my arms have broken, and only one of my heads has. So yeah, I think sales would be a big factor.

doom4revalt.png

I find it really odd that LEGO hasn't considered sets of parts in general for the new system Hero Factory introduced.They did so with BIONICLE by releasing the accessories kit.Why not do that now to promote a whole "build your own hero or villain" campaign with it?It would make way more sense now, considering it's called Hero Factory.I'd honestly rather just hop over to my nearest store to grab one of these,than strain myself with pick-a-brick or that Hero builder on the LEGO site,which then I'd have to wait several days for the arrival.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

He's not trying to attain the parts, he's trying to get LEGO to remold them and sell them separately.
That is what Pick a Brick is...

You are their rock.

He's not trying to attain the parts, he's trying to get LEGO to remold them and sell them separately.
The relevant part is "remold". Glatorian heads and Shadow Matoran feet, as well as a few other parts, use the older, fragile socket joint and not the almost unbreakable new socket joints. The OP wants LEGO to create parts packs of parts which only exist with the old sockets with the new socket design.The "sell them separately" is only a distribution suggestion for a more important idea.I personally think that the parts packs shouldn't happen, and that the sets should just have remolded parts.Parts packs would work better as one of the big tubs of parts that existed several years ago.

See, Kojol gets the overall idea.And yes, I too was thinking those big tubs would be better.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I find it really odd that LEGO hasn't considered sets of parts in general for the new system Hero Factory introduced.They did so with BIONICLE by releasing the accessories kit.Why not do that now to promote a whole "build your own hero or villain" campaign with it?It would make way more sense now, considering it's called Hero Factory.I'd honestly rather just hop over to my nearest store to grab one of these,than strain myself with pick-a-brick or that Hero builder on the LEGO site,which then I'd have to wait several days for the arrival.-V-

TLG stopped releasing those big tubs years before BIONICLE ended, so I would guess that they weren't too successful. Meanwhile, seeing as those tubs never had any exclusive parts in them, and usually only included parts from sets released a year or so earlier, I surmise that they might have been a way of either clearing out overstock parts, or getting additional use out of molds that were no longer being used as widely in sets. So it's also possible that there have been production changes that eliminate the financial benefits of this practice.

The relevant part is "remold". Glatorian heads and Shadow Matoran feet, as well as a few other parts, use the older, fragile socket joint and not the almost unbreakable new socket joints. The OP wants LEGO to create parts packs of parts which only exist with the old sockets with the new socket design.The "sell them separately" is only a distribution suggestion for a more important idea.I personally think that the parts packs shouldn't happen, and that the sets should just have remolded parts.Parts packs would work better as one of the big tubs of parts that existed several years ago.
Lego is not going to remold the parts unless they need to use them in a set. Once that is done you can get the remolded part from Lego. They are not going to remold a part just for a few people to have replacements for broken parts for sets that are a few years old.

You are their rock.

Like pretty much everyone before me, I agree. It just wouldn't be too practical. However, a big tub would work very well. And unlike what someone a few posts ago said, there were exclusive parts in them, because I remember seeing a tub at the local TRU with a Mata Green Hordika body.~DD

Herp Derp

There was a tub of Bionicle parts?

You are their rock.

Lego is not going to remold the parts unless they need to use them in a set. Once that is done you can get the remolded part from Lego. They are not going to remold a part just for a few people to have replacements for broken parts for sets that are a few years old.
I specifically listed Glatorian heads and Shadow Matoran feet because they're in newer sets. As such, old, fragile pieces are being used along with new, sturdy pieces.

I specifically listed Glatorian heads and Shadow Matoran feet because they're in newer sets. As such, old, fragile pieces are being used along with new, sturdy pieces.

I thought I read some where that Lego did remold those parts but they were not ready in time for the early 2012 sets, but will be in the summer sets?

You are their rock.

I thought I read some where that Lego did remold those parts but they were not ready in time for the early 2012 sets, but will be in the summer sets?
We're not sure how soon they will be in sets, but a redesign for them has taken place. We have no confirmation about other parts like the Glatorian heads, but I think the fact that the Shadow Matoran feet are being redesigned is a good sign.I've never heard of a BIONICLE tub with exclusive parts of any kind. A Mata Green Hordika body would be extremely weird, since I have never seen a picture of such a part, nor can I find any record of one having ever been sold online. BIONICLE tubs were not randomly packed, so if such a part was in a tub you'd expect at least someone online to actually own one... =/ Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I've never heard of a BIONICLE tub with exclusive parts of any kind.

Wasn't there a unique solid purple Kraata in the Bionicle Tub released around 2006?But to the issue mentioned here, yes, I really would favor remolds to fix weak parts. However, Lego would not necessarily create individual part packs for them. It seems we'll have to settle for the remolded parts being released only in new sets.~B~

Wasn't there a unique solid purple Kraata in the Bionicle Tub released around 2006?But to the issue mentioned here, yes, I really would favor remolds to fix weak parts. However, Lego would not necessarily create individual part packs for them. It seems we'll have to settle for the remolded parts being released only in new sets.~B~
And once that happens you can call Lego and order the remolded part.

You are their rock.

The solid purple Kraata was not unique or even new in 2006. It was introduced in a later production run of the Rahkshi sets in 2003 and advertised as a "Shadow Kraata", I think replacing the two-colored Kraata that came in the original production run of the Rahkshi.Similarly, the gold Kanohi Vahi and orange Kanoka Disk of Time from a 2005 tub had originally appeared as bonus items in a later production run of the Vahki sets of 2004.