Ore Drone (Ldd)

Biohazard12

Hey guys, here i have for you, my first MOC I've ever posted here on BZPower, the Ore Drone. It was made in LDD, and I have ordered it in LEGO DesignbyME, and I will post another topic of the real-life thing when I get it. Anyways, here it is:Here ^ ^ ^ ^ click for gallery Anyways, my backstory for this guy is that on the planet Quatros, somehow, the Witch Doctor came back, but was not able to re-corrupt the organisms there to do his bidding. Desperately searching to build a new army, he accidentally discovered that the Quaza, being returned to the planets core, had somehow caused mutations in the microorganisms that dwelled in the iron ore at Quatros' mantle. He harvested this "mutated ore" and hoped to build a new army that would destroy the Hero Factory for good. His experiments proved to be somewhat successful, because he had created a new army to do his bidding, but they were very unstable. The Witch Doctor continued to perform experiments, and used the mechanical parts of the planet's organisms to enhance the substance for his legion. At that point, the ore became stable enough to become a "living" being. Unfortunately, the remaining instability of these creatures causes them to explode at high temperatures. These creatures are now being used as the Witch Doctor's bodyguards. So, there's my story. Do ya like it? Please leave any thoughts or critiscism that you have. Thanks!EDIT: Also, I give credit to .:Dandezille:. for the shoulder design, used in his Xplode MOC.Edit: Image linked due to large file size. Please keep posted images under 500 kB.

Edited by Biohazard12

ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm making PBZPs now, so please PM me with details! You know you want one!

completed: 1

in progress: 0

pending: 1

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Very cool. I like all the spikes, and it looks like something that should be in the Witch Doctor's personal guard. I expected it to be smaller, but I am very well pleased with the model. Now for the criticism part: A couple things I would have changed would have been his legs. I don't know how I would have done it, but I would have tried to make it bulkier. I also would have made his arms symmetrical. BUt it's a fantastic model nonetheless.

Edited by King Joe

wow that is one menacing looking robot. i can not think of any thing you could do to improve it. when i first saw it i thought WOW. I give it 9.5/10.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

That's a great color scheme and cool armor pieces. Are the red spikes supposed to represent the corrupted Quaza Cores?

Actually, no. They are just spikes that he can shoot off of his body that can explode upon hitting something, much like Xplode.BTW, I just edited the topic so the link goes to the actual gallery, not just one pic. Enjoy!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm making PBZPs now, so please PM me with details! You know you want one!

Those fingers look fragile, they may work in LDD, but when you build it in real life, they may fall out. Also, I would use a System clip plate plus a trans stud to give it eyes. Unless the eye is the gem on the chest, in which case it looks weird.

Yes, the gem on the chest is the eye, which is supposed to give it a cyclops-like appearance, and I think its fine. Anyway, what would you suggest to make the fingers more stable?

ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Those fingers look fragile, they may work in LDD, but when you build it in real life, they may fall out. Also, I would use a System clip plate plus a trans stud to give it eyes. Unless the eye is the gem on the chest, in which case it looks weird.

Yes, the gem on the chest is the eye, which is supposed to give it a cyclops-like appearance, and I think its fine. Anyway, what would you suggest to make the fingers more stable?
Attach the "T" parts to the sides of the hand rather than the same plus rod hole.

aouROFb.png