Toy Fair 2018: Nexo Knights

TF18_Nexo_Knights_teaser.jpg

In 2018, Nexo Knights is entering its third and apparently final year, with only six sets being on display and none of them being overly large. The LEGO PR rep we talked to said they were not aware of any further Nexo Knights sets coming out this year, although they didn't specifically say it was canceled. Still, looking at previous themes like Legends of Chima, it seems to fit their usual three-year pattern for big-bang themes. I'm sure many of us will be sad to see it go, but it does make room for something cool and new to take its place! For now though, let's look at the current Nexo Knights offerings for this year!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

Yeah, this year's Nexo Knights sets are a fitting end for the theme. The Blacktron-esque color scheme of the bad guys and gold-infused colors of the good guys look great, and making Monstrox himself into a digital wizard (Nexomancer?) like Merlok sets up a pretty epic showdown for the finale. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few of them—I'm worried that like last year's sets I'll end up putting them on the back burner to focus on Ninjago and Elves until it's too late.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I do like the mobile armory. It appears there is a feature left unmentioned. Look at the box shot and you see a technic beam inside the trades at an angle. It makes me think either the treads themselves or the panel holding the axe inside the treads will extend out.

If Im right, Im hoping it's to reveal even more weapons, or to make the inside more accessible sort of like the fortrex.

Well, I am going to miss that great theme. I knew that it would be going to end this year. Interestingly, as much as Hero Factory is an inferior advanced-technology counterpart of the elemental-power theme called Bionicle, Nexo Knights is an inferior advanced-technology counterpart of the elemental-power theme called Ninjago. Plus, as much as Ninjago is a minifigure counterpart to Bionicle, which is constraction, Nexo Knights is a minifigure counterpart of Hero Factory, which is constraction. Anyone notice that? 

Anyway, I like the transparent green pieces, the Merlok Nexo Powers (the gold shield-like pieces), new Nexo Knight armor, and new villain helmet on the sets. Lance's, Axl's, and Aaron's vehicles are very neat. Lance's vehicle's turning function is cool, Axl's vehicle is big, and Aaron's vehicle's rotors look amazing. Axl's vehicle also looks like the Fortex from 2016. It's interesting that Jestro, reformed, is now helping the Nexo Knights. He looks cool with his new outfit. Clay's new mech looks awesome, and I like that he has a smaller back-up mech in it, and the mechs can carry the Merlok 2.0 plate thing. The sword and shield-gun thing on the mechs are very neat. The villain vehicles look quite cool. I like the green and black colors on them, and the spider-like creatures are neat. The villain minifigures look neat. I like that the Twinfector can split into two vehicles. It's neat that there are the Merlok 2.0 plate thing and the Monstrox 2.0 plate thing. It seems that Monstrox wants to get even with Merlok. 

There are some things missing, that is that I heard that there is the 7th Merlok Power (according to the trailer), and Ruina Stoneheart (Clay's corrupted mother in 2017 who is still on the loose) and Ava Prentice are not in any of the sets.

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)