Rpg: Skylight

Noxryn

OOC: Not quite sure how to react to the Prince-thing so I'll keep that vagueIC: Gisabelle remained on one knee while still in the prince's presence, but she began to cast uneasy looks from side to side. Something was wrong here. The people weren't happy. Which was the second reason she was staying on one knee; it meant she was closer to the knife sheathed in her bootIC: The time between getting the gun, aiming and firing had given Masque some time, even at Legious' speeds. She swerved to the side, just enough that the bullet tore its way through her side rather than through something vital. It was enough to stagger her, as she stumbled close to the ground...only to throw a handful of pebbles at Legious that she'd grabbed while down there. Her strength couldn't match a gun, but the pebbles were still moving with enough force to cause damage

7AOYGDJ.jpg

:kaukau: IC: (Master Legious, Orrheim)Unfortunately, it would only be a one-shot wonder for Legious, as gun only had one bullet. He discarded it, but as the dirt came toward his face, he swerved to the side. Only it wasn't fast enough, and much of the dirt hit him hard on the side of the neck, which he knew would be soar for a few minutes before he healed. Fortunately, he was able to take being shot, but it would still make the fight an uneasy and tense affair.Master considered for a moment. He was the last Legious. He could die here, now. He was risking himself by fighting this vigilante for the sake of a single small invasion effort. He was strong, but there were so many amazing things in the world that he was but one of few. There was the distant Tywch an Sibodh clan and the Faeries, the Graeaitar tribes of the vampire frontier and the Oxylotl people whose origins were a mystery. He wa fighting someone who was most certainly within his league."For the record, Tanglebreath really is known for their textile exports," commented Legious as he jumped back from another barage of rocks, this time fully set in his proper footing.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

OOC: By staying quiet and keeping out of it. So basically how she reacted in the post. I mean, if our Queen had a bit of a tiff with a high-ranking servant in front of me I wouldn't poke my nose into it, especially if I'd been invited to her palace as a guestIC: "And I suppose you conquered that as well," Masque said. She kept up the volleys of rocks and pebbles as she used her earth-sense to feel through the ground, looking for weak spots. Legious had created the void under the town, perhaps she could use it against him. There was bound to be some part of Orrheim that was holding on to the edge of the chasm by the skin of its teeth, if she could hit it in the right place she could send Legious plummeting into his own creation

7AOYGDJ.jpg

:kaukau: IC: (Master Legious, Orrheim)Actually, the vampires hadn't touched Tanglebreath yet. It would have made their assault on the much larger Orrheim less of a surprise.Someone threw Master Legious his sword. Good, now he was back to normal. With a kink in the neck, but still better equipped to take on Red Masque in a slightly more aggressive manner. Not that Legious wanted to try too hard, though. That would have driven him to recklessness.Legious observed something odd about the way Red Masque moved. It started when he had dodged the bullet, the way the center of balance had shifted in a way that didn't seem to fit with his anatomy. Legious continued to move, continued to watch his footing while keeping eye contact with Red Masque when feasible. Red Masque had greater strength and therefore could afford to be more firm, but Legious' agility was greater and better contributed to his chances if he was fluid in all of his motions."Your stance is all wrong," commented Master Legious. "It's firm, but hardly persistent and doesn't allow you to react as quickly as you should, what with is being so blatant and masculine. Meaning I can do something like this - " in a brief moment when his momentum carried him close enough too Red Masque he slashed at the spectre's side and tore a hole in the cloth that extented from the lats to the spine before falling back on his elbows and kicking Red Masque in the knee. Though it wasn't enough to cause Red Masque to collapse, it allowed him just enough time to escape. " - and get away with it."You know, I shouldn't have criticized you for your eyes. What really strikes me now is your voice. You must have been the silent type, otherwise your citizens might have been a little more perceptive. Something about your voice..."Master Legious gave a mischievous smile and winked. It was the last thing he did on Orrheim that night, because he sprung up on his powerful legs and caught on to a glider heading back to the Glory. As the ashes of Orrheim became smaller and smaller, the faint figure of Red Masque becoming more and more obscure in the dust, Master Legious nodded in contentment. This revelation was worth the rough business, even if its potential applications were slight and far-reaching.Back on the Glory he checked in with Vizer. "I got what I wanted," he said."Vizer didn't question the vagueness. It was more dignified of him to leave the Master to his own business."Are all the villagers contained?" asked Legious."Yes," said Vizer."what percent were taken alive?""93%," said Vizer.Legious nodded. That would be considered a success, especially when taking into account the...bump in the road. He put his cape back on when Vizer offered it to him and stared back at the ruins. And for a brief moment, before he disappeared into the night, he could see Red Masque's blue eyes piercing back at him.OOC: Felt like finishing that up, considering I might end up on another mission pretty soon.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

I don't tell people how to play their characters, what kind of person would do that? And don't worry about giving me much to work with, at least in this situation. I'd rather have a few meaty posts with limited character involvement than one enormous post that nobody'll read,Spink.and I was just trying to set up the former.IC[Aran - Veils Courtyard]Eyes darted from corner to corner of the courtyard. He glanced down at Ryko, who looked almost concerned, then back up at the official. Ryko nudged his leg with his nose, like a child trying to get attention. He glanced down at him, then nodded, and leapt up on the table Harkes had just been sitting behind. He cleared his throat.---[Romeo Amdusias - The Palace]"Romeo, Romeo!" Gavin's metallic grip almost caused the Prince to wince as he siezed his shoulder. "Do you have any idea of the scene you just caused? The people-""You caused." Romeo retorted, venom in his voice as if he were a snake. "I'm not some rarity they've never seen before. I walk these streets every day. Nobody has cried for me then, and nobody will now.""You walked them as a Prince!" The Paladin cried, which caused the youth to stop, and allow the Paladin to turn him one hundred eighty degrees. Anguish seemed to be on both their faces. It took Harkes a few seconds, but once it registered, his face softened and compassion soothed into his voice. "You walked them as a Prince. But can't you see that you are a King to these people?"---[Aran - Veils Courtyard]"People, people. I know you are distressed, and with good reason!" His voice carried far and wide, booming over the courtyard and attracting the attention of all. "The King! Oh, the beloved King." He clasped his hands and rested his head on 'Oh', milking the crowd to the best of his ability. "But please, please, stay strong, good people of Veils!"He stopped, and surveyed his surroundings. The courtyard was very hushed. His pause dragged on. Murmuring began breaking out, but this one was different. More of an awed murmur. He cleared his throat again, speaking softer now. "Lucian will be missed, but Romeo is his son, and surely, he can do something to fill his shoes." His tone persuasive, and soothing. The crowd sizzled, and Aran figured it was just about ready to flip."Please, do not be distressed." He repeated. "We are all very busy, I understand, and nobody needs to spend their valuable time panicking. If we are all under control, could we return to that business?" As he climbed off the table, the official that looked like seaweed a few moments before gruffly muttered some sort of thanks.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the downtime guys. You want an excuse or can you come up with one yourselves? Well, whatever you think is a good reason for not posting for so long, that's it. I hope that that reason won't come up anymore.IC[Aran - Veils' Courtyard]"Thank you."---[Romeo Amdusias - The Palace]"Thank you."---[Gavin Harkes - Veils' Courtyard]"Thank you."The Paladin stepped off the final stair about thirty seconds before, satisfied with Romeo's mental health. He had caught the gist of what the foreigner had done, which was enough to prompt a conversation. "Courage is something sooner said than proven, and judgement to apply it almost never seen. You'd be very welcome on our little expedition."Almost given no time to display his gratitude, Harkes cut Aran off. "I want you to round up the other mercenaries, the other few that were accepted. Tell them to meet back here at nightfall."

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: My excuse: tons and tons of homework. Pretty legitimate. Meanwhile, my character has pretty much nothing to do, so I'm going to have him coast for a little while until JC PMs me with the necessary information on a subplot I asked for.IC: (Master Legious, The Glory)There was trouble aboard the Glory as someone disturbed Master Legious' studies. Shadows formed underneath his doorframe, dawdling back and forth, and there was some scurrying. He leaned back and rested his hand on the pommel of his sword. What was the business of this?"Either continue you business elsewhere or come in if it has to do with me," said Master Legious.The door opened, but then closed again. Impatience tempered at the edge of Master Legious' mood. He was not easily aggrivated, although this lackluster behavior was beneath the respectable members of the Air Force. If the skulker would not show himself, there had to be a good reason. With that in mind, any lack of proper order on the ship was a sign of some magnitude of trouble. Master Legious put his charts aside and headed to the door."Enough," said Master Legious, whipping his sword into the air. It poked the back of Vizer, who stood with his back to the door, stooping. "What is the meaning of this uncertain pacing?"Vizer turned to Master Legious. "My apologies, but we received new messages several minutes ago. And I truly am uncertain for it, in a deep...and personal sense."Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh