Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

OOC: Thought up on the spot, after I realized that I knew the perfect epic plot twist.(Well, maybe not totally epic, but whatever. =P) And this would give all the reasons for his hate for... pretty much everything.I'm gonna save the last flashback of all that for when that's revealed. Which... probably will be about when we reach Castelia. =P

-==IC: Orange//S. S. Union==-

Orange nodded, as he sent out his Oshawott.

"Shell Blade." Orange called off, as he sent an attack off at the Charmeleon right as the battle started.

-==IC: Zach//S. S. Union==-

Zach smiled with a nod, as he sent out what appeared to be a Pikachu.

"Okay Heather, just go ahead and use Night Daze, I think everyone knows who I'd really send out first." Zach said with a laugh, as the disguised Katie chuckled, and nodded, as she sent out the attack.

OOC: =P

-==IC: Black//Castelia City==-

Black exited an alleyway a while from where he entered, and looked out at the ocean that the pier allowed travel over.

Another body of water near a big city. It's like all the big cities need that to be able to be classified as a large city. Black thought, as he scowled, and shook his head.

Six years ago.

Ryan ran up to the building after the group left, and frowned.

"Let me out!" Jessie yelled out, and Ryan thought about how to get her out.

"Stand back!" Ryan called to Jessie, who paused, and then stood back, as Ryan kicked the door in.

"Ryan? What are you doing here?" Jessie asked, and Ryan smiled.

"Well, I was going to meet you as usual, but, I saw some people trying to take you somewhere, so I thought I'd rescue you." Ryan said with a smile, and then nodded.

"Let's get out of here." Ryan said, and Jessie nodded, as the two of them started to run down the street.

"So, what's going on, anyway?" Ryan asked, and Jessie frowned.

"I don't know... Those Rocket goons... They framed me. I was just standing with the stray Pokemon that's always on our street, but... Those thugs walked up to me, and said that because I was seen with a Pokemon, I was a Liberty agent..." Jessie explained, and Ryan frowned.

"Rocket... Team Rocket? But... Why would they..." Ryan tried to make sense of all that, but just couldn't.

"Well, the good thing is that you're safe, and hopefully they won't try that again." Ryan said, and Jessie nodded, but frowned.

"They likely will, though... If only be- What the heck? What is that!?" Jessie said, as she was interrupted midway through her sentence by a giant dragon-type Pokemon appearing in the skies.

"That... That looks like... A Salamence? But that's native to Hoenn usually..." Ryan said, and his eyes widened, as it started to charge up a Hyper Beam.

"Look out!" Ryan said, as he grabbed Jessie, and dove to the ground, the Hyper Beam barely missing the two teenagers. Ryan looked up, and staggered to his feet, as he looked at Jessie, who smiled at Ryan.

"Two rescues in one day, I think that's a record for you, Ryan." Jessie said, which caused the black haired boy to chuckle, but then frown.

"We need to get to safety. This open area isn't safe if they're throwing Hyper Beams around like it's nothing..." Ryan said, but that made him wonder something; were the trainers targeting them? If so, why? Ryan shook his head, confused, as they reached Jessie's home.

"Stay inside; I don't know what I can do, but maybe I can keep the attacks away from you." Ryan said, and Jessie nodded, as the two went different ways. Jessie ran inside the house, and Ryan ran back down the street. Ryan, however, stopped in his tracks, as the Salamence charged up another Hyper Beam. Ryan dove to the side, as the Hyper Beam was unleashed... However, he wasn't the target. Ryan rolled so he could see the path of the attack, and his eyes widened in shock, as he realized what was being targeted.

"NO!" Ryan yelled out in horror, as the Hyper Beam ripped through Jessie's house, and then sent it crumbling to the ground. Ryan laid on the ground where he had rolled to, unable to process any thoughts, until he stood up quickly, and ran toward the house, tripping over some debris, but continuing to run toward the house.

"Jessi- JESSICA!!" Ryan called out frantically, as he simply looked at the ruins of the house, which was not moving at all, aside from debris still crumbling to the ground from the upper floor.

OOC: There's still more to be seen. I just don't want to overload people with information. Especially since everything else will more or less happen in the next two ICs to finish it off.(I know, short, but if I had've split each paragraph into a different IC, it'd be longer. But I wanted to have these flashbacks be different than normal, and not splitting information is a very good way to do that. =P)

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: *Makes self-complaint to post more*

By the way how far has the Darkrai takeover of Hoenn progressed?

IC: James felt trapped at the point where he was at in the base. He could not exactly move as fast as he could in the outer parts of the base. He could tell they were more guards patrolling, and while they had not seen him yet, he knew he would probably be spotted if he left the spot where he was.

There is one tactic I could try, it is similar to announcing that I am here to the whole building, but it may get me through unseen.

He sent Percival out and said, "I need you to find for me a computer. Anyone close by should do."

The Ghost nodded as he disappeared trying to go slowly as to not be detected.

I feel like I am taking too many unnecessary risks somehow.

He opened up his own computer and began to write a new program. He knew as he soon as he activated it, he would have to flee from that computer immeadiately. A little bit after he had finished writing the program, the ghost appeared slowly next to him as to not startle James. The ghost signaled James to follow him which he did. He came to a small room that appeared to have been emptied only moments ago.

Which means I have only moments in which to work, he thought as he started up the computer.

It loaded pretty fast as it was a newer computer as James plugged a flash drive into it he began looking into its programs and files.

The base here runs on a private network. All computers seem to be connected certain functions for security and to allow for a security alert to be given from anywhere.... Here it is. The two systems I need are connected to this computer.

He sent out Galahad to aid him and activated program and ran out of the room Galahad leading, using the Aura to help avoid guards.

As he did he questioned his own action slightly, I wonder how loud 'maximum output' is on these loudspeakers...

He couldn't hear his next thought but he thinks he thought 'quite I see.'

Two guards were standing a fair distance away simply watching for anything unusual when they began to hear something. It was quiet for about two seconds when suddenly the sound burst into Nyan Meowth, playing so loudly you couldn't yourself think. One of the two dropped his weapon when it exploded over the loudspeakers. Luckily for the guards, it did not discharge.

Similar reactions were occuring all over the base wherever the song was playing. However someone of course found out where it was coming from and as the information was distributed guards began to swarm towards one of two places, the room in which the song was playing, or back guarding Pierce's office.

Getting a good amount of guards to immeadiately head to where you are trying to go is generally not a good idea but in James' case, it allowed for him to pinpoint his office. He ducked into a nearby empty room. He pulled out Guinevere's pokeball and sent her out. He (using visual cues as the song was still playing) to say pull down an air conditioning grate and put her back into her pokeball. He then sent out Percival again and handed him Guinevere's pokeball and had Percival go through the vent straight towards Pierce's office, after making sure that he was there, at the moment, he threw the pokeball releasing Guinevere who at seeing the office guessed the last part of James' plan. She familiarized herself with the room teleported with Percival to the room with James and Galahad in it and teleported all four of them in to Pierce's office. He gave her a bow and then sat down in Pierce's seat, looking at his computer.

And then the music stopped.

Will they check the room now, or wait for Pierce to show up? That is the question.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Black thought about the reasons why he decided to head to Unova, and growled.

They just live their lives day by day; never even suspecting that there are people who could attack them. Not even aware that there's a war going on across the world. Black thought, and shook his head. He hopped up onto a fire escape, and then used that to get to the roof of a building, and then simply sat on the roof, as he looked at the ocean with a frown on his face, as he shook his head.

Why did things have to go the way they did!? ... No matter. I'll show them ALL where they made their mistake. Black thought, as he turned his head to the side.

Six years ago.

Ryan ran toward the mall, as he growled, the present that he had been wanting to give Jessica still in his hand. Ryan ran into the building, and then dashed up the stairs, amid surprised, shocked, and horrified shoppers.

"What's going on?" One asked, as Ryan pushed his way past her.

"Who would have the nerve to attack Goldenrod?" Another asked, as Ryan ignored him, and just continued to run up the stairs. He had seen the emblem on the shirt of the trainer who had ordered the Salamence to attack. He knew it was one of those Liberties. He also knew that he wasn't going to let them get away with just killing an innocent person. Ryan made his way to the roof, and saw the Liberty Trainer begin to fly by.

"You!" Ryan yelled out, as he ran toward the Trainer, and aimed to jump off the roof in an attempt to land on the Salamence... However; he didn't even get that far.

"Huh?" Ryan thought, as even as he prepared to jump, he felt the presence of multiple people behind him... Which was then confirmed, as four people tackled him to the ground.

"What is going on!?" Ryan called out, as he growled. The 'leader' of the group of Rockets from earlier simply waked onto the scene, emotionless, as he looked at Ryan.

"You're coming with us." The Rocket said, and Ryan narrowed his eyes.

"You effectively kidnapped an innocent girl, and then let her just get killed by the group you wish to stop. Why would I want to even associate myself with you criminals? And what is the meaning of this anyway!?" Ryan asked, and the Rocket rolled his eyes, as the guards stood up, and dragged Ryan off the ground. The Rocket didn't say anything, but simply turned around, and snapped his fingers, as the Rockets led Ryan back down the stairs.

"Answer me!" Ryan yelled out in frustration, as they got back down to the street. The Rocket paused, and then turned around with a glare.

"I was told that you would take a lot of... Persuading. However, I didn't actually believe it." The Rocket said, and Ryan narrowed his eyes again.

"'Persuading'? What the heck do you mean by that? If you're trying to imply that you want me to join Team Rocket, after all this, then you're crazy." Ryan said, and the Rocket smirked.

"Crazy huh? Let me ask you this. Do you think it was a coincidence that we 'allowed' you to see us earlier? Or that we didn't leave someone behind to guard the girl? Or that she was the one we took prisoner? Most of that was simply to see how you'd react." The Rocket explained, and paused for a minute, while Ryan growled at him.

"The other reason, is to prevent possible influence. That girl was thinking about joining the Liberties." The Rocket said, and Ryan laughed sarcastically.

"You really expect me to believe that? After watching the building she was in collapse because of a Liberty attack?!" Ryan yelled out, and the Rocket glared at Ryan again.

"You need to learn some manners. Did you know that your parents were once part of a rebellion group, and were thinking of joining up with the Liberties as well?" The Rocket asked, and that left Ryan stunned, unable to respond for a moment.

"While that goes through your head, let me show you how I deal with people who join Team Liberty." The Rocket said, and a sudden realization of his words went through Ryan's head.

"No, don't!" Ryan said in a frantic voice, as the Rocket tapped a button on his comm device.

"Send out the missile strike." The Rocket said with a smirk, as Ryan growled in desperation, but was still held back by the other Rocket members, as he could only watch, as a missile flew from an aircraft over Goldenrod, and destroyed the house that Ryan and his family lived in. Ryan was shocked, and just looked at the devastation with his mouth open in horror. Ryan collapsed to his knees, as he shook his head, trying to deny what his eyes were seeing.

"No..."

OOC: Almost done. Again, there's a few more things that need to be done aside from finishing the flashback to finish off his backstory; however, this is definitely setting up the majority of it...

And honestly, after all this, I'm feeling sorry for him now. xD

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: Minun: IIRC they're in.... Mauville at this point, or, at least, one group is. I don't know about the second group. However, Lavaridge and Pacifidilog have both fallen and the former was basically erased by a massive outburst of energy from a darkness-infused person.IC - James Pierce - HJS League Oval Office: James hadn't been at the computer - conveniently still turned on - for more than a moment before the desktop shut off. The lights in the room followed quickly after, casting the room into darkness. Dull light shone through the closed curtains from outside, not enough to illuminate the room."Hm. So here's the mouse," a soft voice called, seeming to come from all around the room. "Interesting use of the Nyan Meowth; that's the first time I've seen a meme used to break into the president's office... James Arthur, correct?"IC - Kyle Eston - S.S. Union: "Jaeda, use Metal Claw!" Kyle answered. Jaeda responded by running forward at the same time that the Oshawott did, her claws glowing silver and slashing outward. Both attacks met, putting the two Pokemon into a standstill as they pushed against each other.IC - Sonja Baron - S.S. Union: "Dodge and use Sleep Powder!" Sonja called. The Petilil moved out of the way of the Night Daze attack, sending a burst of snooze-inducing powder in 'Heather's' direction.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Orange nodded, as Hozukimaru jumped back, and then smiled.

"Swords Dance." Orange stated, as the Oshawott nodded, and then proceeded to perform a very silly looking dance, similar to what the Oshawott had performed back during the fight in Ecruteak City.

Zach frowned, as Kate caught a bit of the attack, even with dodging, and started to look very tired.

"Well this is certainly interesting. Faint Attack." Zach said, as the Zorua sleepily nodded, and ran toward the Petitlil, though not as fast as she typically moved.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: Good question! Next question? :PLessee... I believe we got to TA's base just as Hex's group got captured, and we're contemplating helping the TL agents again? I'm not entirely sure; no one's been posting in the group. :3IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: "That I am," James replied from his place... somewhere in the room. "And you're intruding in my office. True or false?"IC - Kyle E. - S.S. Union: Hm... "Jaeda! Smokescreen!The Charmeleon opened her mouth, breathing out a thick plume of smoke that immediately covered the field, obscuring Oshawott and Orange's vision.IC - Sonja B. - S.S. Union: "Use Mega Drain once they get close!" Sonja called. The Petilil did just that, albeit after getting it, barely managing to summon of a field from which to drain energy.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Can Black and you-know-who meet up, or are you still setting up stuff regarding that plot point? =P

Black laid on the roof, as he sighed, and frowned, as he looked up at the sky.

Could I have done things different? Could all that have been prevented? ... It doesn't matter. Black thought, as he then sat back up, and scowled.

I know what I have to do. I just have to put the plan into action.

5 years and 6 months ago.Ryan walked through the Rocket headquarters in Johto, dressed in a new black uniform, and an emotionless look on his face. If anyone tried to strike up a conversation with him, he'd typically just scowl and look away as he ignored the person... However, for people he didn't like, he'd outright tell them to shut up. It was hard to believe that Ryan was the same person, who just 6 months before, would run down the streets with a happy grin on his face as he laughed. No, in a way, Ryan was not the same person as he had been. Ryan looked into a room, and then scowled, as he focused on the hallway again.

"Both of them are just the same... The Rockets claim they're better than the Liberties, but when it comes down to action, they're both just wanting the same thing, control." Ryan muttered, as he passed by another room. The Pokeball on his belt reflected light for a moment, as the Larvitar it contained nodded with a slight glare, as it understood what Ryan was talking about in a way. Ryan, however, simply continued to walk down the hall, lost in his own thoughts.

"Neither of them care about the innocents. Why should they, as long as they have control? No, they're both the same... And the world would be better off without them. Who needs groups that are willing to sacrifice innocent lives to get what they want? No, if you ask me, the world's better off without them... Without any of them. Maybe... maybe to get what I want, things need to change... And change drastically..." Ryan muttered, not really caring if anyone heard his ranting or not.

"Who knows... Maybe there's a way to change what happened as well..." Ryan mused, and growled.

"Staying here certainly isn't going to accomplish anything..." Ryan muttered, as he walked into a room, and stood at the entrance, as a trainer paused, and then smiled malevolently as he turned around.

"Ah, Ryan... Or 'Black' as you seem to have been nicknamed nowadays... I'm guessing you have come for training?" The trainer asked, and 'Black' scowled, as he walked up to the trainer with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, I've come for training." Ryan said, as he chuckled.

"You know why I've gotten that nickname?" Ryan asked, and when the Trainer shrugged, Ryan growled, and shot his hand out to the trainer's throat, as Ryan grasped it, and held up the man a bit.

"Because of you! You caused everything to go wrong that day! If you had've just left well enough alone; my family would be alive! Jessie would be alive! But no! They aren't; just because you had to poke your sorry little nose into our lives, and ruin them!" Ryan yelled out, very obviously angry at the trainer, who had fear in his eyes, and was shocked. However, Ryan simply smirked at the trainer, and let him go as he walked to the centre of the room, and then looked back without turning his head much.

"Keep your sorry life. You'll get what's coming to you eventually. But as for your training..." Ryan stated, and paused as the man gasped for air.

"I need your 'training' as much as I need another hole in my head. Sayonara." Ryan stated, as he grit his teeth and walked out of the room.

"Things need to change. Not just here in the Kanto regions... but everywhere in the world. Jessie died... But not her family. Oh no; they were on vacation... In Unova of all places." Ryan said to himself sarcastically, as he narrowed his eyes.

"Hah. It's obvious they didn't go to Unova for a 'vacation'; they went to flee the war. Too bad they hadn't known that their daughter would get killed because of that war. Maybe they would have done something differently." Ryan scowled, as he shook his head.

"No, Unova's just as bad as Kanto... they might be trying to avoid the war, but as they live under their cozy little rock; stuff happens. Bad stuff happens. And one day, they'll find out exactly what the cost of not getting involved in this war is. And they will regret not doing a thing to help anyone when that day comes." Ryan said, as he walked out of the Rocket base, with only his Larvitar to help him.

OOC: Again, there's still one more thing to address, but I have to wait for that, as that'll happen a little later, in one final flashback. I can't address it until something else happens, as the next flashback would spoil that. A lot. =P

Gonna switch over to calling Black his real name in future ICs, though. Any updating of stuff like the Wiki, however, will have to wait until that final flashback, so I can do everything at once, and update multiple pages at once. =P

/EDIT: Oh, look, more ICs!

"intriguing." Orange said, and nodded.

"Aqua Jet." Orange called out, as the Oshawott shot off toward it's opponent as a circular wave of water surrounded him, though whether he'd hit his opponent or not was a different question.

Zach watched as Kate's true form was revealed, and restated the obvious. However, since the attack had landed after they got close, it meant that Kate had had some time to attack with the Faint Attack before getting knocked back by the sudden loss of energy, which did not do anything to help the fact that the Zorua was tired. Katie barely managed to stay awake, even as her head seemed to indicate that she was ready to take a sudden nap. Zach nodded, with a slight frown, as he considered his moves.

"Extrasensory." Zach called out, as he hoped that Katie was awake enough to use that move.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

OOC: eh.... I'm going to hold off on that for the moment. As I'm at my other parent's house and as such am forced to use a tiny little computer with connection issues, I'd rather not start big stuff on it, at least for now... X3I might change my mind in a few days, though. We'll see. XPIC - Kyle E. - S.S. Union: Oshawott's attack collided with... air. It missed. A moment later, Jaeda burst forth from the smoke to its right, aiming to slash again with Metal Claw.IC - Sonja B. - S.S. Union: Gaia reeled at the Extrasensory; however, a second later, Sonja had ordered her to use Synthesis, taking in sunlight and healing herself slightly before aiming another Mega Drain at Kate.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: That's fine by me, I've neglected Ryan for this long, I can wait a few more days. =P Plus, we likely won't have too much to do after that, until everyone actually gets there, and everyone finally finds out who Black actually is. =P

What about a response to the ICs I edited in? =P

Edited by Tiz Arrior

Orange frowned, as Oshawott flew out of the smoke, and laid on the ground for a few moments. However, he then picked himself up, and looked in the direction of Jaeda with slight annoyance.

"Air Slash." Orange stated, as the Oshawott gathered a blade of air, and sent it flying toward where the Charmeleon was... However, hitting Jaeda was only part of the goal for the attack. Clearing the smoke, was another.

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach frowned, as Katie had simply fallen asleep after that attack, leaving herself wide open to the second Mega Drain. Zach frowned, as the Zorua continued to sleep, the Sleep Powder finally having taken effect.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: "To be honest, that was just common courtesy," Pierce replied. "Here's my point. You're in my office. I know you're after something, and I know you're a member of Team Liberty. So why don't you tell me just what you're up to?"IC - Kyle E. - S.S. Union: The Air Slash managed to clear the smokescreen, revealing a fire ball that had been launched toward Oshawott.IC - Sonja B. - S.S. Union: Sonja smiled, pleased with her work. "Sweet," she said. "I'm not going to attack a sleeping Pokemon, though; you might as well recall her, Zach."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: The Darkrai hovered over Mauville, surveying the destruction they had caused. Six silently hovered off to the side, being her silent self. She shot a look to Five, who tried to avoid her gaze, but had a solemn expression. Five knew that Six was up to something, he just hoped it didn't interfere with his own plans for Sombra. Buildings fell apart as Four and Two launched unnecessary attacks, something which got on the nerves of Three. One hung around Eight, both of them speaking silently to each other. Only Seven wasn't acting suspicious, merely humming to himself as he carelessly flew about.IC: Sombra's essence hovered in his dimensional prison. "It is only a matter of time before my plan goes into full motion.... And I will have no use for any of these pawns...." Sombra thought to himself. "My full escape is inevitable... And those three 'Chosen Ones' can't even stop me! They aren't meant to save the world... They're meant to help me destroy it! They think everything revolves around them... Just as they should, but messing with their memories is so much fun, they don't even know the full consequences of what they are about to do. My plans extend far beyond them... Each of these 'heroes' in the world, will soon find that there are bigger things to worry about each other, and even if I fail, my essence will go on, and I will continue my ultimate plan!" Sombra laughed as he imagined all of the possible outcomes of his grand plan."Why waste my energy and destroy them myself when I know that they will destroy each other for me?"IC: Seth wandered Unova, heading towards the Abyssal Ruins, guided by some ancient force. As he made his way forward, he suddenly fell to his knees, clutching his head in pain as memories flooded his head. "These.. Aren't mine! They can't be!" Seth gasped. He saw several people gathered around a table, but what was on the table he could not see. All he knew is that he was there. An electric shock snapped him back to reality as he saw Volt helping him to his feet. The Luxray looked into his trainer's eyes, a gaunt expression on its face. Lucario burst from its Poke Ball, looking over Seth."What is wrong, Master Longcoat?" Lucario asked telepathically."I'm fine," replied Seth. "And don't call me Master Longcoat.""My apologies, Master Longcoat," Lucario replied, a smug grin on his face. Lucario helped Seth walk a few steps, but Seth pushed himself away, trying to walk on his own. Lucario and Volt glanced at each other and nodded, trailing behind Seth as he walked onwards.~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

OOC: Skipping ahead to the next day...

IC: Dack
Dack awoke at the crack of dawn and quickly got dressed. He then went down to the entrance of Chapel, where he met Hannah.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Of course," Dack nodded. The two Rockets sent out their bird Pokemon -- Swellow swooped down to grab Dack by the shoulders, while Hannah jumped onto her Staraptor's back -- and they flew off toward Indigo Plateau.

As Chapel was near Victory Road, it did not take them long to reach the site of the Pokemon League. Dack looked in awe at the superstructure. Twenty years ago, this had been the ultimate goal of ambitious trainers. Now, however, the structure lacked some of its former glory: the brilliant red and gold coloring had faded and looked like no one had been there for years. But despite the effects of time, the Pokemon League remained a wonderous sight to behold, for it still represented the dreams and ambitions of countless trainers.

Dack and Hannah entered into the abandoned lobby, which like the outside was spectacular yet aged. "It looks like this place was really something back in the day," Hannah said, looking around at the spacious room.

"I don't see any hints of where Karen is," Dack frowned after he had scanned the lobby. "According to that file we got from the Rocket database, she was the fourth of the Elite Four, so we'll have to go deeper into the building."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"What is wrong, Master Longcoat?" Lucario asked telepathically.

"I'm fine," replied Seth. "And don't call me Master Longcoat."

"My apologies, Master Longcoat," Lucario replied, a smug grin on his face. Lucario helped Seth walk a few steps, but Seth pushed himself away, trying to walk on his own. Lucario and Volt glanced at each other and nodded, trailing behind Seth as he walked onwards.

~Det

OOC: Someone's been playing Skyward Sword, I think. =P

Zach chuckled, but nodded, as he recalled Kate for the moment, and then thought for a moment, and shrugged, as he sent out Heather... The real Heather.

"Agility." Zach said simply, as he smiled... This would certainly be an interesting fight, especially as he hadn't actually used Heather in a fight for a long while.

Orange raised an eyebrow. Hozukimaru simply stood there, and took the blast head on. Luckily for him, he still had some energy left, but the drain from that attack was fairly noticeable.

"Aqua Jet." Orange called out, as the Oshawott attempted to use the quickly moving attack once more.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: Pierce began to chuckle at James's words. "Oh, come now, Mr. Arthur," he said, his words followed by a barely audible clicking noise. "You know I can't do that. Not only would I betray my position by doing that, but you would also inevitably find some way to connect the computer to the power source for the light and thereby gain just what you're looking for here." That clicking sounded again. "Believe me, you aren't the first tech savvy opponent that I've met."The clicking stopped. From his hiding place, Pierce leaned back against the wall. "In any case, I fail to see your logic in not telling me what you're up to. I know you broke in for something, and I can guess what that something is. You're being confronted by the president of Hoenn and the Hojohsin League himself. You're very presence here is detrimental to your operation."The click sounded again."Now, I'm afraid that if you do not honestly answer my next question, things are not going to be as pleasant here as they have been thus far. Are you or are you not here to find out about the... deeper secrets... of the Hojohsin League?"IC - Kyle E. - S.S. Union: As Jaeda was not hidden this time, the attack landed, doing a fair bit of damage to the fire-type. However, she still stood strong."One more time, Jaeda: Metal Claw!" Kyle called.IC - Sonja B. - Same.: "Synthesis again," Sonja called. With Heather busy raising her speed, Gaia would have time to restore her health, at least a little bit -- which is what she began to do...IC - Helicopter - Going to Chapel: The helicopter carrying Surge, Sabrina and Koga flew over Indigo Plateau; the sharp-eyed ninja thought he could see some people down below as it did, though he made nothing of it. They were nearing Sleight's headquarters now. That was good; soon enough, they would receive their new orders.As he thought about this, Koga ran a hand over the back of his head. He still did not know where the small, circular scar on his neck had come from, though he figured it was nothing...Aside from the fact that Surge and Sabrina have similar ones, he thought. Hm...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: "Now it is I who fails to see your logic. If I am here to learn the secrets you speak of, than I think it would benefit, not be detrimental to me, to be here."

Lady Guinevere, will you relay these orders to Galahad and Percival?

The orders flowed from James' mind to Guinevere's to Galahad and Percival's.

"As for your question, I am here to receive answers for my questions regarding the Hojohsin league and you yourself, so I suppose my is yes."

Galahad began scanning the area, using the aura to search for Pierce while Percival had disappeared ready to make his move and an instants notice.

IC: Ryan
When Ryan awoke, the sun was already high in the sky. Getting out of bed, he glanced at the nine Pokeballs he had with him. It's time to do something about that, he decided. Team Liberty needs to know what happened to Jake, and I can't just go walking around with nine Pokemon.

He sent out all the Pokemon except for Entei: Quil, Togie, Gible, Osha, and Misdreavus, along with Jake's Aggron, Dragonite, and Inferno (Jake's Typhlosion). "Alright, here's the deal," he explained to the assembled Pokemon. "Jake is dead, and Alex is missing. Right now, we're in Unova, because Entei said we were needed." He turned to Jake's Pokemon. "None of you are obligated to stay with me -- without you I already have five Pokemon; six if you count Entei. But if any of you want to accompany me, I won't object. But it would be nice if at least one of you could return to Four Island to deliver a message to Team Liberty about the situation with Jake and Alex."

Aggron looked like he wanted to stay with Ryan, but Inferno wasn't so sure; neither was Dragonite.

"Alright, Dragonite, do you want to go back to Four Island?" The Dragon Pokemon nodded. "I can send you back through the PC. Inferno, do you want to go, too?" The Typhlosion considered for a moment before nodding. "Okay, it's settled then. Aggron will stay with me, and the rest of you can go back to Four Island as soon as I find the Pokemon Center in this town."

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: "You misunderstand my point." Click. "You being in the office is not detrimental to your objective." Click. "However, the fact that you are in such close proximity to the president of Hoenn -- me..." Click. "is."Click."I know how you Liberty agents think; I've seen it too many times to count. You underestimate my abilities, Mr. Arthur." Click. "You probably think I'm just some run of the mill executive. I'll provide a bit of a challenge, but in the end, I'll be wiped away just the same. Right?" Click. "But the fact of the matter is... you've bitten off more than you can chew here. I'm out of your league. Would you like an answer to one of your questions, Mr. Arthur? A voluntary answer, from the man who actually knows the material you're looking into, as opposed to getting the answer off of a simple computer?"Click...

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: "Not really, if my original hypothesis is right, then yes, you are probably out of my leauge. But if you can answer one of my questions, go ahead."

Are you trying to lull him into a false sense of security? Guinevere asked somewhat worried by what James just said.

No we are most likely outmatched and if not by him, then by his men. Technically he won the moment he saw me.

-==IC: Orange==-

"Shell Blade." Orange said, as the Oshawott attempted to lock blades like the last attack. However, in reality, it was simply to stall a little more; wear Jaeda down a little... So that Orange could defeat the Charmeleon with his next Pokemon.

Zach nodded, as the Pikachu started to run toward the Petilil quickly.

"Quick Attack." Zach stated, even as Heather increased her speed even more in an attempt to ram into the grass type Pokemon.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: Ryan
Ryan walked through the streets of Accumula Town, followed by the eight Pokemon he had. The variety of Pokemon were attracting lots of stares, but Ryan didn't care. He asked one person where the Pokemon Center was and followed their directions. In his hand, he held a letter addressed to Team Liberty, explaining about his capture by the Hojohsin League in Hoenn, Jake's death, and Alex's disappearance, along with the fact that he was now in Unova trying to meet up with the other group of Liberties headed there.

IC: Ellen
As Ellen stepped out of the bakery with a bag full of fresh bread, she noticed a boy walking past with a small crowd of Pokemon following him. Many of the Pokemon were unfamiliar to her, but she did recognize an Oshawott.

Ellen, that boy has a very powerful Pokemon! Solo cried telepathically. I can sense it!

"Which one?" Ellen asked curiously.

The one that he's still keeping in its Pokeball, Solo replied.

"Now why would someone want to let out all his Pokemon, but still keep one in its Pokeball?" Ellen wondered. "Oh well, we need to bring this bread back for Auntie." With that, Ellen turned away from the boy and went the other way, back toward her aunt and uncle's house.

The two Rockets cautiously entered the first Elite Four room, which had belonged to Will, the Phychic expert. "Be careful not to set off the --" Hannah's warning was cut off by a small click as the door locked behind them.

"The door ahead's locked, too," Dack groaned as he tried it.

"How the heck are we supposed to advance if there's no one here to fight?" Hannah asked.

"Well, if no one's here, we might as well just knock the door down," Dack shrugged, sending out Shieldon. "Shieldon, I want you to ram into that door as many times as you need to knock it down."

"What?!" Hannah cried as Shieldon charged at the door.

"It's unorthodox, I'll agree," Dack said. "But without anyone to battle, it's the only way to get through. Besides, we aren't here to challenge the Elite Four, just find them."

Edited by Konuju

IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: "You want to know what the Hojohsin League is," Pierce guessed. "That's what I'll answer." Click. "See, Mr. Arthur, there's a rather large number of people who are... unhappy... with the war between Teams Rocket and Liberty. I am one of them. Why, pray tell, should we the people suffer for a conflict between two groups composed of nothing more than criminals -- tyrants and thieves against rebels and terrorists, neither of whom are concerned with anything but gaining power?"Click."That's where the Hojohsin League takes its common cause: Fighting the tyranny of both groups. We're the common people, Mr. Arthur, financed and supported by as many groups -- powerful groups, some of them undoubtedly ones that you've heard of -- as we could convince to help us. And our name, 'Hojohsin'? Hoenn, Johto, Sinnoh. The three regions that we currently have the power to wrest from the grasp of Team Rocket and Team Liberty."There was no click."Is that a satisfactory answer, Mr. Arthur? Or is there another that you would like me to consider?"IC - Kyle Eston - S.S. Union: The two attacks locked against; Kyle, however, used this to his advantage. "Flamethrower at point-blank range!" he called. The Charmeleon smiled slightly, opening her mouth and launch a jet of flame at the Oshawott.IC - Sonja Baron - S.S. Union: "Sleep Pow-" Sonja began, though didn't have time to finish the command before the Quick Attack hit. Luckily, due to having healed, Gaia did not faint.Well, that's a problem, Sonja said to herself. "All right, Gaia, get ready, but don't attack yet," she ordered quietly. Once Heather got close again... Hopefully Sleep Powder would hit....

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Zach smiled at that, as he nodded.

"Thunderbolt." Zach called out, as he was for once glad that Heather was more a mixed attacker.

Orange shrugged, as Hozukimaru was hit, and fell back unconscious. Orange recalled the injured Pokemon, and then sent out Aizen the Abra.

"Alright. You know what to do." Orange said, as Aizen vanished, and then reappeared behind Jaeda, and began to pull it's fist back to attempt to attack the Charmeleon with an Ice Punch.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: "I would like to ask one thing. The name implies you acknowledge that lack the power to defeat Sleight, does it not? Once you have wrested control of all of 'Hojohsin' do you think you will be strong enough? Also I notice that you have been doing the things that you claim that you fight against. You were not elected, chosen by the people. The was a power vacuum and you filled it. I will no say tyranny because it was well received but definitely undemocratic.

As for the answer that you have given me, it is not quite satisfactory. But it will do considering you have already given away more than intended."

Galahad floated behind him searching around.

Something's off, it's like he is not here. Why can't I sense his aura? the Togekiss thought in Togekiss language.

"May I ask one other thing, what is that clicking noise I hear?"

Something tells me I don't want to know the answer, but it is bothering me James thought.

Edited by Metal Gear Minun

As Dack and Hannah entered the next Elite Four room, it looked like they were walking into a forest. "This room belonged to Koga, the ninja master," Hannah explained. "I'm pretty sure he's already on our side."

"Great, if we can't find anything on Karen here, then maybe we can ask Koga if he knows anything," Dack shrugged. "Shieldon, do you mind knocking down the next door for us?"

The small Pokemon nodded and charged toward the far end of the room, ramming into the door. By the time Dack and Hannah made it to the door, Shieldon had knocked it down. When they entered the third room, the Rockets were greeted by a pit of lava, which gave the entire room an eerie red glow.

"This room was Bruno's," Hannah said when Dack glanced at her for an explanation. "He's a Fighting-Type expert and from what I've heard, a pretty good martial artist himself."

Dack quickly passed through the room, uninterested. "Bruno was the third of the Elite Four, right? That means that this next room is Karen's. Shieldon?"

Shieldon quickly proceeded to bash down the next door.

With the door down, Dack and Hannah entered the final Elite Four room, neither of them sure what to expect.

Edited by Konuju

IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: "On the contrary, Mr. Arthur," Pierce answered. "I've revealed only as much as I want you to know, even if part of that went unsaid. Anyway, I admit that my... appointment... was a bit unorthodox; but rest assured, it wasn't something decided without the peoples' input. The political leaders of Hoenn came together and it was decided that I was the best person to lead them, at least for the time being -- and as they were elected by the people... Well, simply put, it's election through representation.At any rate, no, we do not have the power to defeat Sleight; this is something that we all have agreed on. But he will fall, given time, I assure you of that; with a dwindling force he will inevitably come to a point where he is by himself. Once that time comes, we will fulfill our goal and ultimately get rid of Team Rocket in its entirety."He smiled from where he was. A shadow seemed to dart across the shadowed rafters above."As for your final question... This little object?" he said. "Oh, it's nothing dangerous. At least, not by itself."A small, black ball dropped to the ground by James A.'s feet. It was still for only a split second before it popped, gas beginning to pour out of it and covering the room in a thick, obscuring cloud of blackness.By one of the walls, Pierce slid down, dressed in not the usual, fancy suit that he had worn for the past few weeks, but in a more... martial artist-like outfit. The uniform of the Hojohsin League. He dropped to the floor silently, his features darkened as one of his Pokemon -- presumably a Ghost Type -- covered his body, protecting him from the gas and subduing his aura.IC - Kyle Eston - Same as before: Jaeda was knocked forward by the Ice Punch. It did little damage due to the typing, but Kyle decided that she had had enough at this point, anyway. Recalling her, he sent out a different Pokemon -- Ruji the Gligar. A quick order immediately set him into a flying Slash attack.IC - Sonja Baron - ^Ditto: Gaia was hit by the Thunderbolt. Sonja frowned; there really weren't a lot of options for her here...Recalling Gaia, she sent out Loki. The Timburr ran forward almost immediately, aiming to hit Heather with Rock Throw -- via his wooden log, of course.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Orange nodded, as Aizen vanished once more, and appeared to Ruji's right. The Abra charged up it's fist with ice once more, and then launched yet another Ice Punch at the Gligar quickly.

OOC: He literally only has three attacks, so I anticipate repetitiveness for this fight. =P

Zach raised an eyebrow, as Heather wasn't expecting the sudden move, and was caught off guard, as she was knocked back by the makeshift Rock Throw. However, unlike the three trainers they had fought earlier, she was not instantly knocked out, and quickly ran toward Loki again, as the Pikachu attempt to unleash a Quick Attack on the Timburr.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: James was definitely surprised when the gas came out however thankfully Guinevere managed to protect herself, James and Galahad, using her psychic energy. As Percival did not have to care so much due to his being a ghost.Okay, James thought having to think quickly, options: 1, try and make an exit and flee. 2 fight until my daemon ex machina hopefully arrive. Or 3 use ace-in-the-hole. Order of operation 2-3-1.

"By the way, if you are up for one last question, what is your plan for fighting the Darkrai when they get here?" he asked partially to try and track where Pierce or goad into the first move, but also because he was curious about the answer.

IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: "The Ancient Darkrai, you mean?" Pierce replied, his voice seeming to come from all around James. "I have a source of protection against them; trust me on that. They aren't as big of an issue here as they are elsewhere."With each word, a sense of drowsiness began to take a stronger hold on James A. and his team, not helped at all by Pierce's strange voice casting. It seemed as if the gas was what was causing it; in reality, Pierce was leaning against a bookcase, the Porygon-Z next to him focusing on the Trick Room that surrounded where James and his team were standing. Unlike others, Pierce knew more... unorthodox uses of the attack; in this case, it was a mental manipulation, serving to mask his presence and lull his opponent to sleep.IC - Kyle Eston - On a boat: Gligar was moving too quickly for the attack to connect, although the teleportation stopped him from landing his own hit. Deciding for a head-on approach, Kyle ordered Ruji to slam into Abra.IC - Sonja Baron - Like a boss: "Low Kick!" Sonja ordered as the Pikachu neared. Loki immediately complied, sweeping low with his leg right as Heather's attack connected...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Zach frowned, as the two attacks connected, and sent the two combatants flying away."Thunderbolt." Zach called out, as the Pikachu slid across the ground, and let loose a bolt of lightning toward the Timburr.

OOC: xD Nice location names. xD

Orange smiled, as the Abra vanished again, and then just reappeared behind the Gligar to send an Ice Punch at him.

OOC: Any ideas to prevent this from being endless? =P

Edited by Tiz Arrior

Karen's room was pitch black. Very fitting for a Dark-Type trainer, Dack thought as he fumbled for Luxio's Pokeball. "Luxio, could you give us some light, please?" he asked as he sent out the Electric Pokemon.

Luxio purred before sending electricity through its fur to provide a light for the two Rockets. Under Luxio's light, Dack saw that the room consisted of an arena flanked on either side by a pit so deep that not even Luxio's light could reach the bottom.

"Spread out and search," Dack told Hannah. "If Karen left any clues to where she's hiding, they'll be somewhere in this room. We can't afford to overlook anything."

OOC: Parugi, just wondering; are you still planning on doing the Christmas thing, even though it won't coincide with real-life Christmas?

Edited by Konuju

OOC: I still plan on doing it, yeah. TBH I never expected that it would actually align with OOC Christmas, so this doesn't really derail anything. :PBlade: Hm... You could forfeit? :PBut seriously, I have a few ideas. Frankly, I think we should just call it a draw and say that the deck's being closed due to the time of day; otherwise I'm going to be tempted to have Tentacruel attack and sink the boat.IC - Kyle E. - Boat: Once again, with forward momentum taking place, the punch hit thin air. Gligar landed. Kyle contemplated what to do while the two Pokémon stared each other down...IC - Sonja B. - Boat: With no way to dodge, Timburr was struck by the electric attack, shocking it and stunning it -- at least for now.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Alright. ^_^ I was planning on having Ellen meet up with Ryan, but thought that it would work better after Christmas, once she's started going back to Village Bridge. But if we aren't going to skip a lot of days and it's still December 10-ish in-game, then I could just say that she plans to get home by Christmas or something.

Dack and Hannah had been scouring Karen's room for a few hours before Dack found anything significant. The battlefield in the center of the room was made up of many bricks, and the brick in the very center of the arena was loose. Feeling a new sense of excitement, Dack lifted the brick out of its place. A string of six numbers was etched on the bottom of the stone:

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted these last couple days, my presents have kept me busy. Namely Zelda, but others too.

IC: James was feeling drowsy, he knew he was, and he knew his pokemon were too. Percival had already fallen into slumber.

But Guinevere psychic should be protecting us from the gas...

*flashback*"Oh, it's nothing dangerous. At least, not by itself"

*now*Okay the gas is definitely not causing but it is still obscuring.

"Lady Guinevere use Psychic in burst to push the gas away."

She released several Psychic bursts which did blow it away for a short time, only for it to return a few moments later. But it allowed James to see something.

It looks like a barrier of some sort. No wait a second this is...

His thoughts were interrupted by his sense of drowsiness. He saw that Galahad had a tough time remaining aloft and that Guinevere was yawning.

The effects are getting worse, we have to leave this space.

He retreated all three of the tiring pokemon and walked careful not to make a lot of noise, willing to risk a few more moments of growing tired than alert Pierce as in theory Pierce shouldn't be able to see him either to he saw the barrier and crossed it. He looked inside his briefcase putting the pokeballs of the tired pokemon and removing a pistol and Mordred's pokeball.

This pistol may have to serve a different purpose if this tactic reaches that point James thought as he moved through a inky black fog searching for his opponet.

OOC: Parugi: Ah, like the SS Anne in the Anime? =P

-==IC: ZachOrange/S. S. Union==-

Zach and Orange were both about to call out an attack order, when suddenly a voice sounded over the intercom, causing the two trainers to pause.

"The deck is closing for the night, and we will be arriving at Unova by tomorrow morning. Please make your way to your rooms." The voice called out, and Zach blinked, and sighed.

"I guess we'll have to call this a draw for now." Zach said with a smile.

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC: Evan Tierra, Skies above Nimbasa CityAll was quiet in Nimbasa City, aside from the investigative team near the Amusement Park. Then, a Man fell from the sky, followed by a pokemon of orange hue. The pokemon summoned a small sand twister to cushion the man's fall when the man whistled. The man landed softly on the ground near the amusement park, striking a pose as soon as he landed. After the crowd of citizens applauded the landing, the man walked towards the crime scene."Evan Tierra. Plasma Rook.", Evan said in a serious tone, "The Bishops sent me. What can I do to help out?"OOC: Back from the X-Mas Blitz.

OOC: I was thinking more along the lines of that boat that got destroyed by Tentacruel last thread. But the S.S. Anne works, too.IC - James Pierce - Oval Office: Pierce stayed where he was, searching the Trick Room for any sign of Arthur."You still awake in there?" he asked, his voice seeming to come from Jame's left.IC - Kyle and Sonja - S.S. Union: "Yup," Sonja said as they all recalled their Pokémon, heading back inside. "Good match."With that, Kyle led them toward their rooms -- after they had all eaten and other such stuff.IC - Plasma Officer - Nimbasa Park: The Plasma investigator seemed rather... put off by Evan's flamboyant arrival. Nevertheless, he gestured around. "See if you can't find any witnesses to the attack," he said. "Or search around. To be frank, we've got mostly everything taken care of at this point."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png