Banishment Reborn...

~Mat~

Well guys, its been a while. So long in fact that I decided to do more Space art.

Not just any space art in fact, I remade my first bit of Space art I ever post here.

If you were around in late 09/early 10', you should remember this.

Well I think what I did blows that away.

I do appreciate Comments & Criticism.

The planets and stars in the distance look quite cool, but one thing that is distracting is that huge lens-flare in there.Guessing by the title you wanted to emphasize the Ignika with MN's spirit in it flying through space, but that gets lost as small patch of colour somewhere in the center.So, going with the "less is more" approach, I would suggest making that sun a bit less dominant, adding a little more shine to the Idnika and getting rid of the frame around the edges, since it sort of makes the image look a little overloaded. I know, overloaded in a picture of space? But yes. The picture doesn't really invoke the feeling of banishment when there's all sorts of things going on all around. It does look good though, especially that planet on the bottom right is pretty spiffy. -VF

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

The planets and stars in the distance look quite cool, but one thing that is distracting is that huge lens-flare in there.Guessing by the title you wanted to emphasize the Ignika with MN's spirit in it flying through space, but that gets lost as small patch of colour somewhere in the center.So, going with the "less is more" approach, I would suggest making that sun a bit less dominant, adding a little more shine to the Idnika and getting rid of the frame around the edges, since it sort of makes the image look a little overloaded. I know, overloaded in a picture of space? But yes.The picture doesn't really invoke the feeling of banishment when there's all sorts of things going on all around. It does look good though, especially that planet on the bottom right is pretty spiffy. -VF

I would agree, since this piece is called Banishment, it would good to emphasis 'nui's mask soaring through space, which BTW was amazing composed. I take it you hand drew every single star?

The planets and stars in the distance look quite cool, but one thing that is distracting is that huge lens-flare in there.Guessing by the title you wanted to emphasize the Ignika with MN's spirit in it flying through space, but that gets lost as small patch of colour somewhere in the center.So, going with the "less is more" approach, I would suggest making that sun a bit less dominant, adding a little more shine to the Idnika and getting rid of the frame around the edges, since it sort of makes the image look a little overloaded. I know, overloaded in a picture of space? But yes.The picture doesn't really invoke the feeling of banishment when there's all sorts of things going on all around. It does look good though, especially that planet on the bottom right is pretty spiffy. -VF

I would agree, since this piece is called Banishment, it would good to emphasis 'nui's mask soaring through space, which BTW was amazing composed. I take it you hand drew every single star?
Well that depends on what you call Hand drawn. :PI used a simple little trick with Noise, blurring, and white levels in Photoshop to get the stars.

I like it. I find the ignika is a bit too small, so at first it looks a picture of just space, and I think there's too much lens flare. Keep it if you want, just tone it done in amount, not size. So yeah. Make the ignika larger and remove some of the lens flare, and this would be truly epic.

{Z}