Ninjago Cards

Devorath

I feel the Ninjago cards are by far the best attempt at a "card game" that TLG has done, since they work to incorporate the actual LEGO toys in a variety of ways. The effects of many of the cards are imaginative, and deal with the actual kinetic aspect of the spinners rather than just with things like stats (even though there are also cards with more mundane effects like giving your character additional SP in one or more elements). The Spinjitzu card/spinner game is definitely far more entertaining than the game you could play with the Knights' Kingdom trading cards, even though I haven't played it too much.There are things I dislike about the cards, though. For instance, there is no card for Jay DX even though he has a spinner (in the Skeleton Bowling set). I consider this a gross oversight. There is also no card for Samukai, but this is more understandable since he does not have a spinner and is nearly impossible to use with one (since his center of gravity is higher than other minifigures, he flies off any spinner very quickly, even if the spinner is "locked").The cards for 2012 are even more diverse, with new "Scroll" cards that in effect substitute a specially-designated "minigame" in place of a regular spinner match, "Green" battle cards that require a certain amount of SP in multiple elements to be played, and of course the newly-designed spinners that allow for more diverse effects for "Build" cards.

The LEGO Ninjago card game has to be the best game LEGO has come up with so far, in my opinion. Unlike other card games or other similar things, the Ninjago card game actually goes along with the sets, and uses the sets in it. When you take the BIONICLE card game from a long while back, that didn't do very well for two reasons: they didn't have anything involving the sets, and that they weren't marketed well as a result. Also, because they go along with the sets, it could have posed a problem if there wasn't much else to do with the spinners if you didn't want to play the game. That problem is stopped by the fact that the spinners can be used however you want; you can have fun using them without the cards, customize them, or even just collect them. It's also nice that the cards promote building and imagination— two things that LEGO has always promoted with their products. Several cards tell you to add on to your spinner, build a new weapon, or anything of a similar sort.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The LEGO Ninjago card game has to be the best game LEGO has come up with so far, in my opinion. Unlike other card games or other similar things, the Ninjago card game actually goes along with the sets, and uses the sets in it. When you take the BIONICLE card game from a long while back, that didn't do very well for two reasons: they didn't have anything involving the sets, and that they weren't marketed well as a result. Also, because they go along with the sets, it could have posed a problem if there wasn't much else to do with the spinners if you didn't want to play the game. That problem is stopped by the fact that the spinners can be used however you want; you can have fun using them without the cards, customize them, or even just collect them. It's also nice that the cards promote building and imagination— two things that LEGO has always promoted with their products. Several cards tell you to add on to your spinner, build a new weapon, or anything of a similar sort.

Good points. I only knew about the Bionicle card game until recently. Doesn't make me like Ninjage's game more than Bionicel's though, anything with Bio in it is bound to be good.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Good points. I only knew about the Bionicle card game until recently. Doesn't make me like Ninjage's game more than Bionicel's though, anything with Bio in it is bound to be good.
I don't know, my Biology class is pretty annoying. :P Another good thing I've noticed about the Ninjago card game is that most cards have unique designs; not just in the picture, but also the color scheme and all else on the card. It makes them really fun to collect, and also just to look at a turn left and right watching the glossiness. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.