The Official Minecraft Topic

So, in preparation for the impending updates of Technic/Tekkit to 1.3, should I play some single-player Tekkit just to learn the ropes? (You know, seeing as Technic SSP is likely going to go the way of the dodo, what with the SP/MP puree of 1.3?)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Mm. Any word yet on which way they're going with those mods that are presently SP-only?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

None that I've heard of, and given the general attitude towards the Technic Pack and the fact that the Technic devs are really trying to counteract that negative rep, it's entirely likely that a lot of Technic SSP elements will simply be axed for expediency. :-/...though I don't think I'd miss Mo' Creatures; I mean, I like the modification and all, it's just WAY glitchy and seems to cause more problems than it solves.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

I've never heard anything about a bad reputation for Technic, and if they axe that stuff, I'm going to either stick to an old version of Technic or leave Technic entirely.Honestly, I don't think they're going to risk alienating those who use the Technic Pack to appease those who don't.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

After two and a half hours of straight digging.... I finally reached a lava cavern, obtained iron ore, found a deposit of lapis lazuli, and redstone ore that I'll have to go back and mine. I need to start expanding my base more now that I have a good stock of cobblestone to build with and get myself a bed. Thankfully I was able to craft some torches to light my way back up, otherwise I'd have spent another two hours trying to see my way back in the dark...I only ran into one creeper that found its way into my dugout. Drat! I should have blocked the pathway off and marked it so nothing could go in.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Wait, Technic has a bad reputation? :w:
I've never heard anything about a bad reputation for Technic, and if they axe that stuff, I'm going to either stick to an old version of Technic or leave Technic entirely.Honestly, I don't think they're going to risk alienating those who use the Technic Pack to appease those who don't.
It all stems from the fact that in the beginning, Technic was never intended for public use, so the Technic devs didn't bother to get permisson from the modification devs to use the mods. After the Yogscast covered it, the modmakers got mad and huge flame wars broke now; the Technic devs are only just now starting to be able to rebuild those bridges. Even now, the mere MENTION of the Technic pack on the Minecraft forums can spark flame wars.It all depends on whether or not the modmakers decide they'll allow Technic to keep using their modis. The last thing I could find said that Technic was going to go to ALL the modmakers and get permission from them about using their creations in Technic for 1.3, and if any of them objected and the Technic devs couldn't change their minds, then they would respect the modmaker's wishes and that modification would not be included in the pack for 1.3. Shortly after that suggestion was put out there, there is evidence of a cleaned-up flame war, and shortly after that evidence a moderator for the Technic forums posted that all further negotiations would remain private. Edited by Flipz

Mmh. Well, if they don't get permission, I'll just refrain from updating Technic.Scratch that question, looked up the answer. Millenaire had block conflicts and caused lag, BD buggered up terrain generation and did weird things with MystCraft.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So I made my first nuclear reactor.Pretty simplistic as far as nuclear reactors go; that energy flower produces ice blocks nonstop, which are piped into the reactor. There are 12 uranium fuel cells in at any time, with ice surrounding them to dissipate heat. I intend to add another six cells/two extra reactor cores to produce even more energy, presumably for my planned teleportation rig or Telsa coil security system. Right now it's just prototype stage though.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Nice. I have a feeling nuclear reactors will be a lot more important to me in the new Tekkit world I started. (I started it because I wanted to focus more on IC and Buildcraft and the like without the distraction of Thaumcraft and MoCreatures and the like--Thaumcraft is particularly addicting. :-P )Right now, though, I'm still at the basics--I have a 3x3x2 starter house, now with a bed, and a mediocre wheat/flax farm nearby. Like I said, very, very basic stuff, though once I have SOME infrastructure set up (i.e. a better-placed and defended wheat farm, and preferably a cattle pen) I'll likely go looking for a good mine site and start digging for supplies.

Why is your nuclear reactor above ground, Humva? My general rule with nuclear reactors, once I build one, will be to bury them deep, cover them with water, and pipe ice to them just in case.Speaking of which, wouldn't the ice production be kind of psychotically over-the-top with ice's EMC value?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Because I'm going to wire an alarm to it that tells me when it goes above safe heat levels. I'm even going rig up an emergency switch if I can't get there in time, so that I can remotely turn it off. Probably make use of some wireless redstone.And yeah, the condenser is always full of ice. Makes sure I never run out.It's not really a villa I'm afraid, just a sort of half completed house.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Toad has this thing about building things very big. How detailed is the design for the castle, Toad?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Because I'm going to wire an alarm to it that tells me when it goes above safe heat levels. I'm even going rig up an emergency switch if I can't get there in time, so that I can remotely turn it off. Probably make use of some wireless redstone.
Or it could just be rigged to automatically shut off when it goes above safe heat levels with none of that manual shutoff lark.

Or it could have an automatic killswitch in addition to being far underground, so it doesn't matter what happens, you aren't going to scythe the immediate area clean of all lifeforms.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Or it could have an automatic killswitch in addition to being far underground, so it doesn't matter what happens, you aren't going to scythe the immediate area clean of all lifeforms.
To be honest the auto killswitch really does invalidate the need to place the reactor with protection underground (assuming you wire the thing up right), my current reactor has no protection whatsoever beyond water and It's failed to explode no matter how many bone headed mistakes I make.Although admittedly that might also be because of it's excessive cooling systems. Edited by The Invisible Noob

Well, my reactor's successfully completed its first cycle of uranium cells without ever so much as getting lukewarm, so I'm moving out of the prototype stage and beginning construction of Relay Installation #1. What's such a name for? It'll be the first of a few bases meant to help me in my exploration of the world. Heavily guarded by Telsa coils and reinforced stone (protip; reinforced stone cannot be broken by a destruction catalyst, neither can obsidian. Use them in Tekkit servers to avoid catalyst griefing) and using computer programmed locks, there's a facility at the top which has the door and Telsa coil defense system with a teleportation pad. Each system, the door, the coils, and the teleporter, all have independent redstone wiring and incorrectly punching in the password will result in immediate zapping by the coils.Once you get on the teleporter you go to the second part, with a nuclear reactor hub and various Dark Portals, as well as a computer monitoring system for the status of the outlying bases.All in preparation for the end, of course.yeah I'll do a video whenever I get it done.

voidstars.png

Possibly, I'll do some tests.Since EE is a server based moderator, yeah, it's definitely an issue. My single player basically serves as a staging ground for multiplayer stuff now, since I've basically done everything I can with Thaumcraft. Trying to get designs that'll work right. Though admittedly, I'm pampering myself by using Thaumcraft's Wand of Replacing, so when I actually build my absurd complexes on a server, it'll be a lot more painful.The idea is that, if you try to bypass the whole thing by, saying, digging around the reinforced stone or something, then you're going get zapped by Telsa coils.EDIT: Lols, just realized, the Arcane Bore is thaumcraft, not EE.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

Hurr hurr.I've still got not major interest in multiplayer, but do let me know when the date for the next Technic update is known, so I can avoid getting it if necessary.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Anyway, ToaD, what's the server?
Bit of a private server sorry, as it's not mine and the owner doesn't want me releasing it.
Darn.Could you potentially dig out a pit and terraform it? You'd have more Y room. Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Anyway, ToaD, what's the server?
Bit of a private server sorry, as it's not mine and the owner doesn't want me releasing it.
Darn.Could you potentially dig out a pit and terraform it? You'd have more Y room.
Kinda hard to do while over an ocean. That and I have no plans to do that. Edited by Driken Toa of Shadows
I'm just ToaD

Aha.I'm going to be getting a new laptop in a few days, which will hopefully enable me to host a small server. I'll only be able to invite a few people at first, but as I explore the limitations of the 'top, I may be able to add more slots. It'll probably be whitelisted, but maybe I'll just add all of you and it'll be a first come, first serve sort of thing, with maybe 6 slots or something, at first.

banner.jpg

Sounds awesome, PM. My minecraft username is _Flipz_, if you decide to go whitelist. ;-) Also, if you plan to run it as a Tekkit server, you might want to consider using the seed I'm using for my single-player Tekkit map since...well, you'll see in a minute.So anyhow, I was just doing basic things in my Tekkit tester world, you know, basic farm, basic mine, basic fortified tunnel all the way TO my mine so I don't get mercilessly slaughtered as I come and go (REALLY wish I had the stone walls from the snapshot right about now). So I get into this cave system, and literally five blocks in I realize I'm standing on top of a skeleton dungeon. I secure the dungeon, decent loot, but more importantly--SKELETON SPAWNER. I now have infinite bones/arrows/bonemeal, and I haven't even started with EE yet! ^_^ So anyhow, next I start wandering around and mining out all the ores in the walls, and find my small cave system connects to a couple of others once I mine a little. So I go around lighting THIS system up, and lo and behold--a zombie dungeon. EPIC.So, that's why you should use my seed for your server, PM--the possibility of two spawners within the spawn protection zone (they're about 200 blocks from spawn, well within a reasonable range for standard spawn zone terraforming, facilities construction, and spawn protection) is just too good to pass up. ;-)(Seed is 1772958154, I got it from the word "giggleblaster" or "Giggleblaster", I can't recall which. Yes, I came up with that word for the seed off the top of my head, why do you ask? :-P )

Looking forward to it, PM. The best way to discover a servers limit is an outright stress test, though. And since we're on the subject of spawners, may I call dibs on building a small Endermen grinder in the End? I've grown fond of using Enderpearls for non-moderator item travel and would love to build something that could be useful for anyone.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I saw a minecrafter named Zisteau make an Endervator. The idea is that an enderpearl is thrown up at a ceiling, and when you get teleported up you trigger a tripwire that closes the floor beneath you. Consecutive jumps would lead upward to his floating home. Its quite clever.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~