The Official Minecraft Topic

Deserts are pretty safe from taint, generally speaking. I mean, I've had an open Monolith near my home for a very long time, and it just now started creating visible taint... course, now it's largely composed of Totems of Dawn, so the only problem it's making for me is large Thaumic Slimes.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm tempted to just go Creative, but then I remember how bored I'd get if I did that. :P Having to work somewhat for my items keeps me interested and playing.Although, building stuff out of Totems of Dawn IS a lot of fun, for some odd reason. :P

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Oceans seem like a common occurrence. Once I've raided the caverns under my island to my satisfaction (could be a while...they're huge), I'm leaving and going to find a continent.Oh, did I mention there's a weird gash in the ground like a meteor landed there? (Theory: Steve crash-landed from another planet).:w:

The hole in the ground is probably just a ravine, but go ahead and post a screenshot and I'll have a look at it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yep, bog-standard small ravine. A low-angle impact crater would widen out more at one end of it, while a high-angle crater would, of course, have the classic bowl shape we're all familiar with.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

An alien planet.With chickens and sheep and cows and watermelons and wheat and apparently potatoes now.Pretty sure Frank Drake would be rolling in his grave if he was dead. He isn't, so I guess he's just rolling. Maybe he's pulled up a rug and is just sort of rolling in it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

An alien planet.With chickens and sheep and cows and watermelons and wheat and apparently potatoes now.Pretty sure Frank Drake would be rolling in his grave if he was dead. He isn't, so I guess he's just rolling. Maybe he's pulled up a rug and is just sort of rolling in it.
At the risk of completely derailing the topic, (SPOILERS AHOY!) Pikmin managed to pull it off pretty well, why can't Minecraft? :P...I now feel an overwhelming urge to go find a Pikmin-themed Minecraft adventure map. If no such thing exists...anyone interested in making one? :PIn other news, if you find yourself confused by the End credits of Minecraft (after killing the enderdragon), try reading the book Sophie's World. Pay particular attention to the chapter on George Berkeley. ;)

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

To be fair, Pikmin was on a very small scale, and the explorer was very plainly not human from the start. Steve's as human as the chickens are chickens.Lloyd, the laws of physics wouldn't be different on a different planet. Creepers are obviously fungal/animal symbiotic lifeforms that evolved in a harsh climate. The creepers we see in the game are mature creepers, who have distributed gametes throughout their body in the form of hard-shelled spores. Explosions are the final stage in their reproductive cycle. The skeletons and zombies heard Thriller one night in the graveyard and thought it was a great idea.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If X ever tries Large Biomes, he'll probably spawn in a Taiga.
Well, in 1.4 on Hard that won't be too bad... I'll get to see it burn.And seeing Taigas burn is the best thing in the world.On another note, finally made a house on my new Technic world. Going hunting for materials to make some machinery, because I want something interesting...And any sort of quarry I make will be in the desert, since so far it has yileded me a lot of good stuff. But I'll keep it away from the Eldrich monument there... because I am honestly scared anything I do to it will automatically cause a taint infection. Even though it's kind of unlikely.
Wait, what will be new in 1.4, then? Aside from obviously the Plugins stuff and some other new additions from the snapshots.

@Roxas-we find out what's new every Thursday :PAs far as stuff that's confirmed, moderator support is probably going to happen. Some people are still holding out on a Capture the Flag mode, but that's easy enough to do yourself on servers. We're going to get more support for adventure maps, and the command block will probably get implemented. Beyond that, we don't really know. Jeb and Dinnerbone will occasionally tweet about what they're working on.Getting back to "Steve is an alien," I personally think Steve is the last survivor of an apocolypse, trapped in a coma until you take control of him. That makes servers a bit tricky to explain, though.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

That also makes villagers difficult to explain, especially if you've got a texture pack that makes them look more like people and less like molluscs.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I posted something on an unmentionable site which basically boils down to the idea that long ago, the Minecraft world was ruled by a mighty pigman civilization who eventually discovered the Nether. They began using the Nether, most likely as a transport system, but eventually were corrupted by it. A war broke out between the zombie pigmen and clean pigmen and ended with all passages to the Nether being destroyed, as well as a significant chunk of civilization.This was before Notch decided to use Squidlerds as villagers instead of the already made perfectly alright Pigman skin, so I suppose that the odd appearance of the villagers could be because of a different sort of mutation from nether exposure.Notably I never mentioned how Steve got here, but it is possible he's an alien, just flipped sideways; maybe the pigmen sent a distress signal to humanity, but because of relativistic time goodness, maybe due to traveling at the speed of light, what was centuries for the pigmen was nothing of the sort for Steve. Why he doesn't know how to make a space ship or sophisticated electronics, could be due to a blow to the head. This also explains updates; as new features get added, Steve begins to remember more knowledge.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

He may have also pulled a Superman: his planet was about to go kaput, so his people sent him to a planet similar to theirs. That would explain how he's able to take advantage of all the planet's resources.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I still think mine's better.Oh, in Technic hilarity; so I'm building a new house because I'm bored with the old one and need something to do. I have light wood and dark wood; the floor is dark, the walls is light. When I was building the floor it constantly autoreplaced the light wood with dark wood in my inventory and this was maddening. Then I go to the walls and say "ah, now it'll work." And it autoreplaces with dark wood.I was pretty close to punching the monitor. Makes building a lot more cumbersome.Pretty sure it can be fixed in the settings though.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Okay, another theory occurred to me:What if Minecraft is like Dragon Ball Z, and Steve is part of a race of aliens that wipes out the residents of a fertile planet and sells the planet to a race in need of a new home? That's why Steve is so bent on building structures throughout the world: he's preparing it for future inhabitants.IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

I like the Superman idea better. Because then I can patch in the idea about content updates being slowly-recovered amnesia. :PIt also makes sense about different "worlds"; each world you generate is a different Steve that was sent to a different planet. :P

...Or Steve is Slartibartfast. You've got an unfinished world - I mean, sure, there's forests and mountains and stuff, but there are no fjords.That's the real objective of the game.It's Fjordcraft.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh yes, my current project.Very much WIP. Imagine nether brick railings, mighty marble pillars with water running down, basalt brick walls, and an absolute ton of chests.

voidstars.png

So what's it supposed to be and why did nobody tell me that basalt could be made into bricks?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I told you ages ago when we did our experiment Tekkit LP. :PIt's suppose to be an archive and warehouse. A place to shove the astronomical amounts of stuff I'm going to be making for a full scale factory.

voidstars.png

How could you have not known? I've been using it as my main building material since I updated to the latest version ._.I like the idea of an archive. All kinds of archives, really. You could style the entrance to make it like some sort of material vault, that keeps everything contained and safe.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I didn't pay much attention to what could and could not be done with basalt, nor did I know that the same could be done with marble.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The entrance is the side of my planned house :P

voidstars.png

Mmh.I still intend to do a proper job of making the Magellan Archives at some point.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ah Minecraft... Kudos to you indeed! There are many games that have made me jump before... but a creeper sneaking up on me... reaction unparalleled to anything before.
Oh man.That just reminded me of my first survival world...Hiding in the side of a ravine, listining to the sound of an Enderman when I didn't even know what it was...The following day falling out of my little hole in front of a creeper... getting out of the ravine, spending the night in a village...Next day a creeper falls out of the sky... I have no idea what happened there.Good times, good times. But I prefer my current survival world which has a house instead of a hole instead of that one.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Mmh. That's what makes getting more powerful weapons so much fun. The memory of being terrified when a creeper sneaks up on you sweetens the new circumstance of bopping one on the head and telling it to shut up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Everything is a lot of fun... I've been playing for about three hours and all I've done is cleared out the area around my box some. I'm tired of being surrounded by enemies who have cover when I come out of my shelter. I took some time and made another world a large biome thingy and I liked it... but it was unlike my first world and shelter. There were massive trees and this huge lake they were surrounding... but not far off was this dreary gray area that was chalk full of monsters.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

Ah Minecraft... Kudos to you indeed! There are many games that have made me jump before... but a creeper sneaking up on me... reaction unparalleled to anything before.
True story: One day, I was playing 1.2.5, building a farm for animals. I had just finished putting in the last fenceposts, when I turn around and there's a creeper behind me. I scream IRL, and everyone in the house comes running upstairs to see who was murdering me. Yeah... :P