The Official Minecraft Topic

Oh lookie, an official topic.In other news, I think Project: Mole People is a success, which brings my list of viable strategies for traditionalist superflat survival up to two items.
Yeah, I noticed that. I just assumed it was because I was on the mobile version, but I guess not. :/EDIT: CraftBukkit 1.4.2-R0.1 is out! I'm going to go light on plugins, seeing as most of them haven't been updated yet. Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Just started a new Huge Biomes world. I'm fairly impressed with the massive forest I started in, and my current living situation seems to confirm the theory that I'm a hobbit.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPENAnyways, the server is on CB 1.4.2-R0.1, which has caused... some problems. The server seems to be stuck on Peaceful difficulty, and command blocks don't function at all. The /gamerule command has been overridden as well, so don't punch any creepers. Withers are fine, as I have installed a plugin that prevents the Wither from damaging the terrain.

banner.jpg

Wait... If it's stuck on Peaceful, there wouldn't be any creepers to punch.Pictures of my hobbit-hole coming as soon as I do some minor landscaping on it. I kind of just dug into the side of a hill and planted a basic garden in front of it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I kind of feel bad for survival players who finally get their wither skulls and soul sand to spawn the wither, assemble it, then realize they forgot to switch out of Peaceful.Hurricane Sandy may be responsible for any outages in the server tonight. You know how these things can be.

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

Mmh. I want to build a pyramid out of Wither skulls. Screw spawning the thing, I just want to go straight-up Genghis Khan on this thing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Apparently Equivalent Exchange is being rebuilt from the ground up, and a lot of things like the desctruction catalyst and the condenser have been removed D:Shame, it was my favourite moderator...Pahimar believes EE3 could be a better experience than EE2, so I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Its still alchemy, and thats what drew me into the moderator in the first place.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Well, I'll just not update Technic until I have good reason to believe that the gutted and desecrated new version of EE is better than the old one.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Welp. I can't really take a screenshot while it's raining, and I have yet to download a new version of Optifine that will work for 1.4.2 so I can't turn the rain off. Currently trying to figure out the layout for my basement. Obviously it's going to be my storage space, and I might use it for all of my crafting needs as well, but that doesn't tell me a whole lot about the layout.Any suggestions for the layout of a hobbit's basement?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm trying to find some plugins that will let me create ranks so I can give some players WorldEdit permissions and other stuff without opping them. I want to be able to do this without using permissions.yml, as the syntax confuses me. Any suggestions?EDIT: I'm stopping the server so I can remove a pesky pyramid that just won't properly disappear. MCEdit and MCNostalgia are key components in this venture.EDIT 2: Aaaaand we're back!

Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

BLAST IT! I TOLD Tekkit not to update! World is ruined. mad.gif EDIT: Managed to restore from impromptu backup, but inventory was lost, so I splurged in NEI a little. blush.png

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Do you know how much RAM it has?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So has anyone succeeded in acquiring potatoes? I haven't found any villages yet, so that's right out, and while they're listed as a rare drop for zombies, I haven't gotten any of the rather large number of zombies I've killed to drop any.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No, only found carrots from a village. Though I've already prepped a room for planting some potatoes in my new vanilla world.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Mmh. Well, I will keep looking.In the meantime, Wither Skeletons have my respect as some of the most competent enemies I've encountered in vanilla Minecraft. Their size does give them a distinct disadvantage, which I am quite thankful for, but the wither effect is... unpleasant.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I must say, grinders are a blessing when it comes to servers with plugins that add head drops to zombies and skeletons. A server I frequent has it set to 1/500 drop rate, and so far I've already acquired 3 skeleton skulls and 1 zombie head. Now all I need to do is go out and kill a massive amount of creepers...

banner.jpg

I do hope that the other heads will eventually be added to survival mode. I don't see any clear reason why they shouldn't be.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I do hope that the other heads will eventually be added to survival mode. I don't see any clear reason why they shouldn't be.
My personal theory is that Jebs plans to add a "boss" version of every mob, and that the team doesn't want people to accidentally place heads down on the "build structure" for said mob before said mob is implemented. I mean, imagine how things might have gone if Wither skulls were in-game and people had accidentally built Withers, and then next update their decorative statues suddenly exploded into a murderous monster...

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

The only way I can imagine a Creeper Boss working is if its like that "Creeper Queen" from some old moderator. It would spawn many smaller creepers and would only explode when its health got low.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Well, I have just started a brand new server. It will be a lot like P~M's, but with a few changes. One, no houses. There will be no village in this server. The only things that will be in this server are giant bionice-related projects (The collesum, MU robot, etc) which will be group efforts and must be approved before the project starts. These will take a long time to make, so we may be doing several projects at once. Another thing that will be on this server is games. There will be a variety of games, some "castle raid" games and some new ones (Glatorian arena). Tell me your name so i can whitelist you.There will probably be a game at least once a week, depending how big of a setup it needs. Here is the server IP: 70.131.62.4 Tell me your name so i can whitelist you. Not 100% sure if it works, no one else becides me has been on it yet.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

So we won't be able to build anything (like, say, our own personal dwellings) without getting it approved by you?That sounds fun.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So we won't be able to build anything (like, say, our own personal dwellings) without getting it approved by you?That sounds fun.
Alright, i can let people have their own personal dwelling. Just, that is not the main focus of this server. This is what seperates P~M's server from mine. I'm trying to build things like the MU robot with it's head touching the clouds and its feet in the ocean. It will be amazing when it's done, and things like villages will just slow it down. The reason why it would have to be approved is because i can make sure everybody is on the same page of what project needs work on. If your bord and just want to build somthing on your own like a dwelling, make it far away from existing projects, as to not detract from them. Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Yeah I think I'll pass. I can easily see this turning out to be just a thing where you get other people to work on your pet projects, which doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

In other news, I have finally managed to acquire a Wither Skeleton skull. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with it. Making a believable Cyberman-with-Wither-head would be kind of difficult, but I'm not entirely sure how to make a scarecrow with it, either.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I have just started a brand new server. It will be a lot like P~M's, but with a few changes. One, no houses. There will be no village in this server. The only things that will be in this server are giant bionice-related projects (The collesum, MU robot, etc) which will be group efforts and must be approved before the project starts. These will take a long time to make, so we may be doing several projects at once. Another thing that will be on this server is games. There will be a variety of games, some "castle raid" games and some new ones (Glatorian arena). Tell me your name so i can whitelist you.There will probably be a game at least once a week, depending how big of a setup it needs. Here is the server IP: 70.131.62.4 Tell me your name so i can whitelist you. Not 100% sure if it works, no one else becides me has been on it yet.
Sorry I specify in giant castles. In other news I plan to make some replica tracks from F-Zero X so until the 19th I can only do paper designs but By then I should have a layout. Edited by Emperor Sirius
I'm just ToaD

http://www.majhost.c...ry.cgi?f=270031Except for the wings, I'm happy with how this turned out. With how hollow the inside is I was going to make a base inside, but I've spent too much time on it already...just going to shove a ladder along the inside of his spine so you can stand on his head.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~