Tell me about it... EV trained Garchomp, Gallade, and Infernape, and I can barely make it to the third wave in either of the Super lines... =/
I would consider putting a Gyarados in there, possibly in place of Gallade or Infernape. Gyarados has good synergy with Garchomp, and you could probably use some strong Water and Ice moves in there. I was going to suggest Gyarados-Garchomp-Metagross because of the type coverage, but you might also need a strong Special sweeper in there too. What kind of set are you currently running on Infernape?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Pure Special. Nasty Plot, Grass Knot(I think that's the one.), Flamethrower, and Vacuum Wave. EVs are the standard Special Sweeper set-up, last I recall.Might think about training up a Gyarados, though that ought to be fun to EV train. =P

In that case, Gyara-Infernape-Garchomp could work quite well for the time being. Lead with Gyara, and switch Garchomp into any Stone or Electric type attacks that come your way. When you have Infernape out, you have Gyarados to cover his Ground and Water weaknesses.The biggest difficulty I can see is still with enemy Dragons, but I think Gyara is a bit better equipped to deal with them than Gallade was.

I'm guessing that Fire Fang wouldn't work, despite it's Special Attack not likely to be that great? Or am I thinking of Garchomp too much, for the attack stats?
Salamence has good Special Attack too, hence why it goes mixed often. So yeah, using a stat only a little lower than its Attack, for an attack with almost double Fire Fang's power, on guys who mostly have Defense over Special Defense means Fire Blast wins by a lot.~B~

Yeah, that'll technically be true. Before, I'd just have Gallade Close Combat whatever he could, and when he died, switched into my Garchomp, and had her wipe out the rest with Outrage. =P And if there was a Steel Type in last, then Infernape would torch them, if the Garchomp didn't fry them with her Fire Fang. =PBallom: Ah; was going off Garchomp's attack stats, but I should've known; I have a Mixmence; but it doesn't have Moxie, since it was my Mixmence in Gen 4. =/Which... Brings up a new problem... Isn't Outrage a move tutor-only move? Granted, I could probably breed it onto the Salamence, because I believe my current one is male, but it's still concerning./EDIT: Wait, hang on...

I might just wait, I see Sheer Force Bagon is available in hidden hollows, in BW2. =D

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

Moxie Mixmence is a MOSNTERAnd it's good for easy alliteration :]Between Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, and Earthquake, it's easy to get that first Moxie boost, then something has to take a +1 Life Orb Outrage. Nothing can switch into it, nothing can wall it. Only thing that can happen is a revenge kill or a misprediction, I swear to god.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I made it to battle 48 on the Super Single line (I think I may have already done 49 on the Super Double [i have a trophy, I think that's what it's for]) with Tornadus/Scizor/Vaporeon, but it came down to Vaporeon VS Milotic and they got in an infinite battle where they kept healing status and the offensive moves didn't make a dent in the opponent so I just had to turn off the DS. There was no hope. It was depressing.Anyway, I decided since I played both Black and White vanilla I'm going to start Black2/White2 (I haven't decided which I'll get yet) with an imported dream team. Well, I'll trade some eggs over from Black.I'm going to run my favorite Pokemon from each generation, plus Dragonite because none of the others could use Fly and Dragonite is pretty boss anyway.It's going to be Lapras, Typhlosion, Sableye, Leafeon, Cinccino and Dragonite.But to make it the best team ever I need to track down some more Dream World abilities. So here's what I need:Male Dratini w/ ExtremeSpeedFemale Dratini w/ Marvel ScaleFemale Sableye w/ PranksterI can offer many Pokemon. I can get you pretty much any standard Pokemon egg, plus I have these Dream World abilities (carried by females, of course) up for grabs:Vulpix w/ DroughtExeggcute w/ HarvestNidoranF w/ Hustle (do NidoranM come out of that?)Poliwag w/ Swift SwimShinx w/ GutsShuppet w/ Cursed BodyGligar w/ ImmunityLapras w/ HydrationSlowpoke w/ RegeneratorAlso, if you're interested in Pokemon that look pretty legit but are definitely clones and RNG'd, I have:VaporeonEspeonCharmanderUmbreonGlaceonLeafeonSwabluFlareonJolteonBulbasaurTorchicAll male, with their Hidden Ability, of varying natures (but all good ones).Also RNG'd and cloned, I have:Arceus of various naturesLandorus (jolly)Shiny Stunfisk (sassy)Shiny event Suicune (relaxed)Shiny Terrakion (adamant)Frillish (modest)Larvesta (modest)Darumaka (impish, jolly, adamant)In addition to those three Pokemon I mentioned earlier, I'm seeking any female Pokemon with Hidden Abilities that I didn't list I already own or untrained Legendaries with decent natures. I'll be available between 2 PM and 6 PM later today, the 28th, central time, or if that's inconvenient for anyone who's interested we can try to work out another time.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Ah, the old distribution Pokemon; I still have some of those. =PThat Drought Vulpix sure looks interesting, though, especially if it can be bred...JC: Oh wow; I can guess why. =P I still need to figure out how to get that first DW Pokemon, then I could try to pass down what I need. Though getting more than just the 31 IVs in Speed/Attack I have(I forget which. D=), will be problematic, since you can only pass one of the IVs per breeding attempt. =/

I'm planning on going Nuzlocke on White2, but I'll probably stick to just the one basic rule since I've never Nuzlocked before. Has anyone else here tried it?As for team options, I'm not sure... I'm a bit disappointed that Dratini is still not in the Dex, but then there's the Dream World... or Bagon. Might settle for Bagon, actually. There's no Togepi either. Then again, I suppose I could try an ingame Sandstorm team... if only they had Gastrodon! Argh!It looks like I'll be relying on the Dream World a lot if I want to play with my favourites.Blade, I think Pokemon can pass down up to 3 IVs when breeding, but you can only guarantee one of them (using an EV item) The baby inherits three random IVs from its parents (they can come from either parent) and the remaining 3 are random. So, if you breed two Pokemon with straight 31s in every stat, you will usually get a baby that has 31 in three of its stats and the rest can be anything.

Edited by Alyska

I'm planning on going Nuzlocke on White2, but I'll probably stick to just the one basic rule since I've never Nuzlocked before. Has anyone else here tried it?As for team options, I'm not sure... I'm a bit disappointed that Dratini is still not in the Dex, but then there's the Dream World... or Bagon. Might settle for Bagon, actually. There's no Togepi either. Then again, I suppose I could try an ingame Sandstorm team... if only they had Gastrodon! Argh!It looks like I'll be relying on the Dream World a lot if I want to play with my favourites.Blade, I think Pokemon can pass down up to 3 IVs when breeding, but you can only guarantee one of them (using an EV item) The baby inherits three random IVs from its parents (they can come from either parent) and the remaining 3 are random. So, if you breed two Pokemon with straight 31s in every stat, you will usually get a baby that has 31 in three of its stats and the rest can be anything.
may i ask what nuzlockeing is?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Well... Dratini's not available during the main game...Yeah, I know about the three random IVs, and the one guaranteed one with the Power Item, it's the fact that none of my Pokemon are flawless that's the problem. =P
may i ask what nuzlockeing is?
If your Pokemon faints, you have to box it, since it's considered 'dead'. At least, that's what I believe a nuzlocke is, I could be wrong. Basically, it's a way to actually have a game-over, since if all your Pokemon faint, then you kinda have to restart from your last save. =P

It's not so much restarting from your last save, it's that you just have to release any and all Pokemon that have fainted, as they are considered well and truly "dead". No soft-resetting when you lose a battle; it forces you to generally rely on what's at your immediate disposal, and the be extra careful about what you're doing in-battle, as well as being super prepared outside of it.

Dorek: I mean if you literally had every Pokemon fainted, in both your PC an party. Effectively total game over. I think that's the only time restarting from last save point is considered acceptable. =P

Stuff you capture (which, in the case of Nuzlocke, is the first thing you find in an area and nothing else) gets to be healed in the box, but there are even extreme games where you're not allowed to use Pokemon centers and the like. It varies based on how hardcore you want to be, but the basic outline is only using the first thing you find and releasing anything that faints. I tried it once, in Ruby; got about halfway before I couldn't suppress my instinct to capture everything in sight.

Stuff you capture (which, in the case of Nuzlocke, is the first thing you find in an area and nothing else) gets to be healed in the box, but there are even extreme games where you're not allowed to use Pokemon centers and the like. It varies based on how hardcore you want to be, but the basic outline is only using the first thing you find and releasing anything that faints. I tried it once, in Ruby; got about halfway before I couldn't suppress my instinct to capture everything in sight.
Of course, using only a starter to stomp everything (which will work outside of B/W) would work, and as it gets massively overleveled nothing will be able to defeat said starter.~B~

But the "you have to catch the first thing you see" rule is one of the many optional rules, right? I was thinking of just playing the basic "have to release/box everything that faints" (Will probably go with the boxing option and not touch them again until after I've beat the champion), since it's my first attempt at one. If you ask people what's done in a Nuzlocke game, you're bound to get lots of different answers, and I think the only common rule is the "permadeath" one.

Yeah, I know about the three random IVs, and the one guaranteed one with the Power Item, it's the fact that none of my Pokemon are flawless that's the problem. =P
That's what hacked Pokemon are for. :-PAlso: so THIS is where you've been hiding out! :-D

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

1. Eh; I'd prefer RNGed if at all possible. If only because I'd be able to get them myself. Though, as long as they're properly hacked, and are able to interact with everything(including Random Match and tourneys, not that I'd ever be able to go to a tourney), I'm fine with them. =) I just prefer RNGed Pokemon. And hate badly hacked Pokemon. =P2. Yes, yes it is. =P

I'm planning on going Nuzlocke on White2, but I'll probably stick to just the one basic rule since I've never Nuzlocked before. Has anyone else here tried it?
Tried a Nuzlocke? I have. I did a FireRed Nuzlocke. I gotta say, it was a very different experience. I came to rely on my Pokemon more, and began to know them with roles and purposes that were deeper than 'you have Surf and Strength, you can hit Ground types'. I have a Graveller I carried about just so Gary's Charmeleon wouldn't defeat me so easily.In the end, I ended up losing in Saffron City, in the Silph Co. building. I definitely recommend doing a Nuzlocke, it's a much better experience than the normal gameplay.

How'd you lose in the Saffron building, out of curiosity? Had you lost a high-level Pokemon like your starter, and not been able to replace it? I'm simply curious, since in normal playthroughs, I rarely have any trouble with Silph Co; though maybe the no healing clause might've played a factor, or just losing a key Pokemon...Are TMs allowed for those playthroughs?

288wkk4.png

The idea of a Nuzlocke is that the only mandatory rules are the first two- If a Pokemon faints, release it, and You must catch the first Pokemon you see in that Route and only the first Pokemon you see in that Route.The rest of the rules are up to you- though, those first two rules already make the game leaps and bounds harder than the littler incliments the rest of the rules increase it by.Why I lost? Something like what you described. Before Silph Co, I had yet to lose an important member of my team, with the exception of my Pidgeotto who had suffered a staggering loss at the hands of the Karate Gym leader, but when I started climbing the tower, surprise super effective hits, like Razor Leaf on a Mr. Mime, or a Self Destruct I wasn't prepared for, slowly started costing me members of my team. The first one I lost was my Swiffer Wet Jet, my Gyarados. I afterwards lost the most important member of my team, the aforementioned Graveller, nicknamed Nicki Minaj. Without him, my team was powerless in the tornado that was Gary's Pidgeot. I lost to him, on the seventh floor.

1. Eh; I'd prefer RNGed if at all possible. If only because I'd be able to get them myself. Though, as long as they're properly hacked, and are able to interact with everything(including Random Match and tourneys, not that I'd ever be able to go to a tourney), I'm fine with them. =) I just prefer RNGed Pokemon. And hate badly hacked Pokemon. =P
You misunderstand me, I'd never battle with a hacked Pokemon. I'd happily breed from it, though (since most illegal movesets can't be passed through breeding, and thus the offspring would be legit). ;-) In other words, 3 guaranteed 31 IVs. ;)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

1. Eh; I'd prefer RNGed if at all possible. If only because I'd be able to get them myself. Though, as long as they're properly hacked, and are able to interact with everything(including Random Match and tourneys, not that I'd ever be able to go to a tourney), I'm fine with them. =) I just prefer RNGed Pokemon. And hate badly hacked Pokemon. =P
You misunderstand me, I'd never battle with a hacked Pokemon. I'd happily breed from it, though (since most illegal movesets can't be passed through breeding, and thus the offspring would be legit). ;-) In other words, 3 guaranteed 31 IVs. ;)
Only in the most technical sense. In any reasonable way, its stats will still have been gained by hacking, albeit in a more roundabout way.~B~

You misunderstand me, I'd never battle with a hacked Pokemon.
Competitive Pokemon is done by 90% hackers and 10% breeders. The only advantage the hackers have is perfect IVs and TIMEPokesav gives you the -exact- same result. *grumble* I'll go back to my bridge

I guess I'd be up for the catching the first poke in an area thing. It means I probably wouldn't get to have an Eelektross this time, and wouldn't be able to have a dream team of any sort, but I think it would be interesting.

Edited by Alyska

That's kinda what I was implying myself, though I wouldn't just toss something away; as long as it was hacked so it's undetectable. Because otherwise, it might not be as useful.
You misunderstand me, I'd never battle with a hacked Pokemon.
Competitive Pokemon is done by 90% hackers and 10% breeders. The only advantage the hackers have is perfect IVs and TIMEPokesav gives you the -exact- same result. *grumble* I'll go back to my bridge
You forgot ten percent or so for RNGing, which isn't hacking, as it doesn't alter data. ;)As for your other post Nuzlockes are sounding a lot more interesting now... Might trade the major Pokemon I have over on my new Diamond file and restart it(again), this time going for a nuzlocke. Should be interesting. Would give my blog some use until Black 2. =P

You forgot ten percent or so for RNGing, which isn't hacking, as it doesn't alter data. ;)
Oh please, if you aren't legitimately hatching Pokemon until you get perfect IVs and the nature you want, it's hacking. Pokesav doesn't change your Celebi into a Celebi with a 70 base power Hidden Power Fire, it just puts a new Celebi into the game.

Do you know what hacking is? =P RNGing takes data legitimately in the game, puts it through the RNG, and simply tells you the steps needed to pull it off. ;)Though, Pokesav does actually do that...

So, apparently one of my Ferroseeds randomly developed Pokerus while I was breeding for some good Ferrothorns. Which is really lucky, yet totally useless, becuase I've already had Pokerus stored away in Pokes in around five or so different games. Yay, irony.~B~