"Subway trick"Explain yourselfB2W2 take place in Unova.

So whats the point of playing it? Is the game repeating from the previous? So let me get this straight, is the Unova region actually WAY bigger or is the game repeating the same locations in BW? I know it may sound stupid and confusing, but does anyone actually know yet.
If you played Black or White the first time around, you should know that the emphasis on story was dramatically increased, and if you paid attention to that story, you should know that there are a few big questions left unanswered- like what happens now that both halves of the once legendary Dragon have returned, or why Kyurem is in Unova in the first place. B2W2 is a completely new game, just so happens to take place in Unova. On top of a nearly doubled Pokedex, there is an entirely new story, and new protagonists.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I hate Ghetsis. I'm going to EV train my Pokemon then grind them to level 100 so I can repeatedly smash his ugly prickish green face in four hundred times. I'm going to save before I fight him, smash him, then SR and smash him again. I'm gonna be like Mike Tyson when I fight him. Like I'm playing Killzone on easy and Ghetsis is just a Helghan pawn. I'm not going to teach my Lucario like Close Combat and stuff I'm going to get him to learn all the Brutal Melees from Killzone 3 and use them on his Pokemon, then I'm going to have him Close Combat on Ghetsis himself. Then Looker is gonna be like 'woah hey buddy that's illegal to attack somebody' and I'm gonna be like 'I don't care man I'm gonna toss him out harder than Judith tossed out Alan and don't act like you're not happy I did it' and THEN I'm going to beat him again

I really don't care for the character designs for BW2 but other than that I'm fine. Female trainer looks best out of all of them so I might just be playing as her. :PI'm really surprised they're changing as much as they are. I thought for sure they'd just go with an updated retelling as before.

I got terribad smashed by Hydreigon. The only thing that could take a hit, other than Zekrom, was Chandelure.

In White, I just PP stalled its Fire Blasts by sending out Serperior, then switching to Jellicent and back. When it ran out, Smugleaf just sat there like a man and Toxic + Leech Seed stalled to death. :)Of course, in Black I did get smashed by Ghetsis due to dropping off Haxorus, but when I kept him the next time I DD'ed up to +6/+6 and trashed that fool. It felt good.~B~ Edited by Ballom

Dunno how using status is bad. It's one of Serperior's best options (story mode at least), and Ghetsis was the one busting out a ton of Full Restores, while I barely used any (or any Revives, for that matter). :shrugs:~B~

Edited by Ballom

I did appreciate in the new games that the AI is willing to use full restores on Pokemon besides the last one they have left.But yeah, meta-game and in-game stuff are pretty seperate; Ghetsis is really just the hardest in-game boss, so it's cool.

Yes, Serperior rather sucks, so using it makes the game a tiny bit more interesting, as it's already quite easy.As for your last comment, ~JC~, it's really hard to take that seriously at all.~B~

Edited by Ballom

Don't lie, it's similar. Oh, well not Growl, sorry, Leer.You can Toxic it and wait six turns, or you can use Leer five times and then kill a Pokemon in one hit. Even so, it's a lot faster to just kill them in two or three hits.THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S GARY OAK

Edited by ~JC~

Except you don't have to attack after the first turn, leaving you free to do all manner of stuff, including boosting up, or healing, or whatever? Anyway, it is a lot of personal preference too. I happen to also be amused by seeing random purple bubbles floating from the opponent.~B~

I think discussing strategy to beat in game opponents is four and a half shades of unnecessary anyways. xPCan't help but hope the difficulty is even more amped up in B2W2. Compare BW to DPPt [not to HGSS. those were just getting sad] and it's like playing on Easy compared to Heroic.

I actually had a problem against Elena [she was the Electric-type Gym Leader, right?]. Her Electric-type attacks weren't the problem, though, it was her Emolga. Both packed Aerial Ace and my genius butt forgot to pack a Flying-Resistance... or Flying-Neutral, for that matter, that wasn't an Electric Zebra that died in two hits anyways, or a Herdier that couldn't hit back.tl;dr BRAVE BIRD EVERYTHING

Elena is far too normal of a name, foo. It's "Elesa", I think.But yeah man, I had Zebstrika take care of all that. A Flame Charge or two and you kill everything. Up until the ground guy, of course.

Edited by Dorek

The locations are a altered some and there are some new locations as well, since it takes place some years later. I imagine the difference will be not much more than that between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

There's more changes than that, by far. For one, Platinum never actually added anything new, aside from the small Battle Frontier. This game has at least one new city, if not many more, Route 4's totally revamped, Driftveil's different, and while that's more or less all we know about now(Aside for the presence of underwater tunnels and a place similar in looks to Pacifilog and that one route crossing the water in RGB, which is currently speculated to be a revamped Undella Town), in certain spots you can see through that ice they put on the map... And there's more changes than you'd think there would be, from the pattern in the past.Let's face it, Game Freak really threw us a curveball, given that this is a sequel; something not seen in the main games since GSC/HGSS. In fact, all this doesn't have is a second region, and 100 new Pokemon. Though, that's simply because this isn't a new generation.

Speaking of new generations, I know this is pretty far away, but what do you think the next new wave of Pokemon species will be like. You can tell they've begun to run out of ideas with this generation because two of the Pokemon are based off a bag of garbage and an ice cream cone. =P

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Speaking of new generations, I know this is pretty far away, but what do you think the next new wave of Pokemon species will be like. You can tell they've begun to run out of ideas with this generation because two of the Pokemon are based off a bag of garbage and an ice cream cone. =P

And in the first generation there were Pokemon based on magnets and Poke Balls.Not much difference, really.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

There's more changes than that, by far. For one, Platinum never actually added anything new, aside from the small Battle Frontier. This game has at least one new city,

DISTORTION WORLD WHATS GOOOOOOOOOODi HATE people who insist the First Generation mons were 'the best' or 'looked coolest'nostalgia is the cancer that is killing pokemonNot saying anyone in this topic is, but there are enough of them to merit my hate. Edited by ~JC~

I'm going to say something very controversial.Charizard's design is overrated.Yeah, dragons are cool and all, and Charizard's design is nice and dynamic, but I don't see it as being all that original. What's there to differentiate it from every other cartoon dragon, ever?To a lesser extent, this applies to Dragonite, too, although combining the Western and Eastern styles of dragon was probably something fairly unique at the time. I happen to think it's adorable, and in-game it's one of my favourite Pokemon, but I'm not going to claim it's any better, design-wise, than the newer Pokemon. In fact, if Dragonite hadn't been released as a first-gen Pokemon, but one of the designers suggested it for fifth/sixth gen, I'm pretty sure the response would be "uh... so? it's just a generic dragon..."I also happen to think that garbage-bag Pokemon are considerably more original than those two puddles of purple goo we had back in Gen 1. Yes, they're ugly, but that's kind of the point.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Terrakion Escavalier Darmanitan Chandelure Scrafty Haxorus Hydreigonvs.Gyarados Charizard Starmie Rhydon Dragonite???Gen V profit

You were solid up until ScraftyThat thing was weird, man.

A great man once said "Dragonite looks like a fat hobo Charizard"

I have a sudden desire to put Dragonite in a tux with a top hat, monocle, and cane. Don't ask me why.

There's more changes than that, by far. For one, Platinum never actually added anything new, aside from the small Battle Frontier. This game has at least one new city,

DISTORTION WORLD WHATS GOOOOOOOOOOD
Oh, my mistake, forgot about that. Then one new location. =P BW2 are adding at least one of everything it could, seemingly, including underwater routes(The tunnels shown at one point), new gyms run by new Leaders, at least one new city...