It'sa Me, Mar- Oh, Wait A Second...

~Nova~

So I've finally got the guts to put up another piece of art. This time, it actually looks good.

:) Though before I have you look at it, and for the sake of getting to know these two matorans' particular masks, I would like (<- Big fat lier) to show you two older pictures. As I am lazy and do not want to draw up-to-date references for you...

First: One of my first pictures of

Jaxa.Second: One of my first pictures of Malin.(Please excuse the horrible, improper lighting. I know it's hard to see detail...And just in case: Malin CAN be a guy's name, too...)

Now after taking in such horrors, perhaps

this will ease your nerves somewhat.(btw, this picture is BIG: 1000 x 1000 px...May take a little time to load.)

Hehe. I know: it probably looks awfuly...Different because I put clothes on matoran.- AND because of the way I draw matoran, overall. :3 I was randomly inspired to create this while listening to an OC remixed Mario song...I just couldn't resist giving it a shot.

Any helpful critiquing is truly apprciated.

;)~Nova

Edited by Nova The Artist

artbanner.png

The chibi style is fine. Over all there isn't really any issue with anything here, I'd almost say it's perfect for what you really can do with it, the only critique I can think of is that there's no gender distinction besides the face on the most recent work. You at least attempt to distinguish the bodies a bit on the first and second, but the third is homogeneous in that respect.

Ah, that might be because I made Jaxa's chest too small this time/too hidden behind her arm, (Actually, looking at it, I think I simply made them too small. XD) and the fact so much of their bodies are covered. Believe me, I DO have a magor distention between my matoran and their gender when they are drawn "naturally", and it's quite easy to tell who's a male, and who's a female. :P But thanks for pointing that out!But I must ask: are Jaxa's darker eyelashes hard to see in this one? Besides making her eyes rounder, I deliberately try to draw her with thicker lashes...

artbanner.png

The first and second picture are quite fine and the lighting looks cool, however, the proportions on the 3rd are off, as in, the longest legs I've ever seen on a Bionicle humanoid character. The upper body and such are fine, but the legs are quite stretched. Unless of course that was intentional, but I think it would look better if they were proportionally shorter.Otherwise, looking good!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

One, if they were Matoran, they should be much shorter. Two, the clothes are weird (at least to me.) Imagine a knight putting on armor and then putting on peasant clothes outside the armor. Three...they don't look very bionicle. Not even like they're made from bionicle PIECES. On the bright side, they're neatly drawn.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah those legs are super weird. Waay long and the Mario one is like contropposto's redheaded stepchild. His knees seem to be bending in completely different ways. They're what you need to focus on. Would also be interesting to see you do a dynamic pose, standing's easy, now challenge yourself.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND