Pop Punk!

pls respond

sup bros, now that my musical tastes have expanded beyond just metal i figured it was time for another genre topicthis time it's about my current obsession with pop punkwhat sweet pop punk bands do you guys back?i've been listening to Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, Title Fight, The Story So Far. and Such Gold a lot latelydiscuss!

nhsYE.jpg

Couldn't you just have made a topic for punk in general? Though I guess most people wouldn't want to talk about classic or hardcore punk and pop punk in the same topic...I think SR-71 were a pop punk band, I liked them a fair bit. Apart from them, I don't listen to this genre... :P

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

truthwhat do you guys think of Fireworks? i'm really digging Gospelalso hopefully i'll be getting a few Man Overboard shirts if they don't sell out (3 for $25, it's one of those random grab bag things, only have my size left)

Call me predictable, but I like Paramore.

Paramore is pretty decent, but imo the best things Hayley Williams has done were the guest spots on The Chariot and Set Your Goals' albumsSet Your Goals is pretty sweet by the way, Mutiny! has got to be one of the best songs in the genre Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I've listened to AAR. I think they actually have more potential as acoustic. The only songs I can really say were good from them was When the World Comes Down and The Poison. But pop-punk isn't my genera, I think. Unless Death Cab for Cutie counts.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif BsmAY.gif 32hOg.gif  XdRcW.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif zISV3.gif xIenl.gif W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

doesn't stop it from being awesome

Judging by the pop-punk acts I've heard (Relient K, All-American Rejects, and a few assorted songs here and there), it is pretty awesome. Except, Blink-182 sounds kind of annoying to me.
i actually don't like AAR or Relient K, like at all. Blink 182 is classic though, what are you doingalso Death Cab For Cutie is really just indie rock. they're pretty good though Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

^The only song I know from Blink 182 is "All the Small Things" but I think it's pretty good. :P

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif BsmAY.gif 32hOg.gif  XdRcW.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif zISV3.gif xIenl.gif W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blink-182's vocals ruin the music for me. :(Green Day is good. I don't appreciate their occasional vulgarity, but "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", "Wake Me up When September Ends", "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" and "21 Guns" are awesome songs.Honestly, I'm not too familiar with pop-punk. Any good band recommendations?

those are like the worst bands in the genre dude

What, you mean two of the few bands from this genre that I like? Haha! The other being Paramore. Anyway, do All Time Low count? I love The Party Scene and So Wrong, It's Right, and some songs off Nothing Personal, but I refuse to speak of their latest album.And before you ask, no, I too have no idea why I like these bands :P Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

I have to agree with that. But like I say, So Wrong, It's Right is good (not quite as good as The Party Scene, but better than most pop punk) and from Nothing Personal I would recommened "Break Your Little Heart," "Weightless," "###### If I Do Ya (###### If I Don't)," "Stella," and "Walls."

Edited by -Sykura-

sykurafire.jpg

I liked a lot of their material pre-Nothing Personal, but it was a definitely drop in quality and Dirty Work, with the exception of "Time-Bomb," had the artistic equivalent of the plain bagel I'm eating for breakfast.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Anyway yeah.Midtown > Blink-182 to me.It's made even sadder by the fact that Gabe Saporta sold out all of his artistic integrity as soon as Forget What You Know was released.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I just bought ...Is A Real Boy on vinyl with the ...Was A Real Boy bonus set. Waiting for it to come.I've been putting off listening to Anarchy, My Dear because by all accounts it's a disappointment. :/-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME