Metru Nui Online Game - question

Zairan

Few months ago i found that the good old MeNOG page finally died after somehow surviving so many years.
http://www.menol.org/menol/index.htm

I never finished it but it seemed interesting and quite ambitious, MNOG 2 but in Metru Nui. Does anyone tried to archivise it to keep it alive? Is it even possible to play this today?

EDIT:
Gameplay for those who den't remember this from name only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzJ7EW_1Wjg&t=41s

Edited by Zairan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Zairan!

Yep, we closed that down and let the domain name go last year due to the impending shutdown of Adobe Flash. Everything is still archived privately, and we sent all of the data needed to get the game hosted over to the good folks at the BioMediaProject but it's not up there yet (probably a good amount of work to get it deployed). 

So right now, it's not being hosted anywhere, and if it were, it would likely be difficult to play due to Flash's demise. But it's still archived, and maybe some time in the future we or the BMP people might get a version working for modern computers.

Thanks for your interest! We have a lot of great memories of building and sharing that game with the community.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, -Takua- said:

Hi Zairan!

Yep, we closed that down and let the domain name go last year due to the impending shutdown of Adobe Flash. Everything is still archived privately, and we sent all of the data needed to get the game hosted over to the good folks at the BioMediaProject but it's not up there yet (probably a good amount of work to get it deployed). 

So right now, it's not being hosted anywhere, and if it were, it would likely be difficult to play due to Flash's demise. But it's still archived, and maybe some time in the future we or the BMP people might get a version working for modern computers.

Thanks for your interest! We have a lot of great memories of building and sharing that game with the community.

I just want to say, thanks so much for this! As someone who grew up on the Fan Created Games subforum here and has wanted to revisit MeNOL for a long time (funnily enough, I was reminiscing about it to a friend literally yesterday), this is a joy to hear.

Major props for A: continuing to host it for so long and B: passing on the necessary data to have it archived for the community. As a hobbyist archivist myself, it's such a relief knowing that something so much effort was put into and so many people got enjoyment from won't be lost.

I'll never cease to be amazed by the artists that BZP seems to bring back oh-so-many years later. Thanks for letting everyone know MeNOL is safe! I remember seeing BioMediaProject tweet about searching for it earlier this year, and I'm glad you were able to find them (or they find you), and that we know the game is in their hands.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 1 month later...

Good news to anyone who was interested in playing our game: JMMB and the rest of the crew at MaskOfDestiny finished packaging the game into a standalone executable that you can use to play offline! Here's a link to the announcement and download:

https://www.maskofdestiny.com/news/the-spirit-forge-presents-the-metru-nui-online-game

We're very grateful that they put this package together so that the game can remain available to old and new fans who want to play!

• Like 3