Watchmen

Toa Zaz

My only problem with the film was how they handled everyone's reactions. I hated that they seemed to be all "Bad Ozy!" Kind of defeated the whole purpose of the graphic novel's ambiguous ending; I love debating with people over whether or not the right thing was done. The fact that Ozymandias himself was still questioning his actions afterward in the novel further pushed the idea of right or wrong being up to the reader.Otherwise, I adored the movie, especially the extended version.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Might as well post this thing which just happened to me.I'm working at my local newspaper as a copy editor, and had to edit the page with the TV schedule and TV highlights. Apparently, TNT is showing it this weekend, yet someone, either at the network or the syndicate that wires us the TV highlights, neglected to mention the rating on the movie [R], even as other films with ratings as low as PG-13 were clearly marked! Now, I haven't seen the film of Watchmen, but I've read the book. And I know that there's no way a network could sanitize the mature content to the point where it could go without mentioning. I put in the rating, in the hopes that our paper can avoid hate mail from some neglectful parent who showed the movie to their kid thinking that all superhero movies were kiddie fare!Not much to discuss here. But I felt like sharing this bizarre experience.EDIT: Weird, putting "R" in parentheses turns it into the registered trademark symbol.

Edited by Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother