Rumors about Greg Farshtey planning to re-continue the story serials.

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. We know that there are two unfinished story serials called “The Yesterday Quest” and “The Power That Be” in 2010-2011. It’s been like that since 2011. You also should know that everyone didn’t like that. I don’t like that, either, and I know at least some of you do. 

I was looking over a Bionicle Facebook group called Bionicle Community Group Page. In that group, fans talk silly things and don’t take things seriously. There are some, like me, that say logical stuff. Today, this person, Allen Richardson, said this: 

“So there’s a guy on TikTok  (Turaga Maxil/ planetbustermusic) who has been recapping the entire G1 storyline for 2 years, and he just released his final video on it and in that video he mentioned that there are people working with Greg Farshtey to FINISH THE SERIALS!?!?
Can anyone else confirm/deny this? Really hope it’s true.” 

This is quite interesting because it seems that someone is talking with Greg about finishing the serials. However, this seems sketchy because some people in social media tend to joke around immaturely. They basically want attention while there is a possibility where people from companies would not utilize their fan stuff for their future projects (though it would be nice for Lego and Marvel Studios to listen to their fans, like MS immediately get all of its lost characters rights completely, so the audience wouldn’t complain about the projects). 

Plus, in a fan site called Mask of Destiny, a bunch of people wrote this article about a similar topic: https://www.maskofdestiny.com/news/8-10-23-game-changing-vision-of-the-great-beings-update . This also seems sketchy, though one part of the article said that their fan story will not be canon. There is one problem: Wasn’t Greg Farshtey laid off in the summer of 2022 because of Lego using a new app or something? Well, he did write that little letter in that Tahu set in 2023. 

Finally, people in Lego World Builder are writing down their Bionicle fan stories. One is called “Hiatus”, which is about Lesovikk’s adventures before he went to Mahri Nui. There are a bunch more. Check them out: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/discover?page=1&q=Bionicle&sort=relevance. This website was known for turning fan stories into real things through a contest, like how Ninjago’s “Golden Hour” short video in 2021 happened, so I participated. I’m working on a project called “Bionicle and Hero Factory: United”, which is where G1 and Hero Factory doing a crossover to finish up their stories while sharing the same universe (because they look like they logically do). 

It is important to try to determine if something is reliable or not (in other words, it’s good to be skeptical, and I would have to rely on Lego’s approval on the rumors). I dearly hope the G1 story will be re-continued. If I want the G1 story to be re-continued in a certain way, I hope my story will finish the job.

Edited by Lenny7092
Got rid of unneeded ending part of the quote, with the parentheses.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

7 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

“So there’s a guy on TikTok  (Turaga Maxil/ planetbustermusic) who has been recapping the entire G1 storyline for 2 years, and he just released his final video on it and in that video he mentioned that there are people working with Greg Farshtey to FINISH THE SERIALS!?!?

Plus, in a fan site called Mask of Destiny, a bunch of people wrote this article about a similar topic: https://www.maskofdestiny.com/news/8-10-23-game-changing-vision-of-the-great-beings-update.

It seems pretty clear that these are the same thing.

The Mask Of Destiny announcement came first, and then the Tiktok guy, the Facebook guy, or both, have misunderstood the nature of that announcement. 

I actually hadn't heard about this before now. Between the GWP set, Cryoshell getting in on Essenger's recent song, that concept artist guy talking about the 2007 and 2008 waves, Christopher Gaze participating in the Bionicle Day stream, Christian Faber delving into early G2 plans, and now Greg consulting on a fanfic project, this has been Bionicle's biggest year since 2016. It's pretty exciting seeing all of the enthusiasm people still have for this weird, wacky story even after all these years.  

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Vision of the Great Beings is a project that is working on continuing the original story. They've only consulted Greg, he's not writing them, and they won't be considered official canon. However, they're still really cool, and having read them so far, I plan to accept them as my headcanon for the ending.

If you're interested in more, you can check out the stories on mythsandlegacy.com, or join the discord server.

So No Head?

bionicle.gif

1 hour ago, LostHead said:

Even if it's not canon, I highly recommend the story on the site. I quite like what they have.

Agreed - it's been very nice so far! I check it every couple days during downtime at work and have been a fan of the writing. But yes - as others said, it's through Vision of the Great Beings and not canon. Cool that Farshtey is consulting with it - cool to know he approves, since he didn't have further planned.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!