Could the Toa Empire Alternate Universe = Spherus Magna alternate universe?

Hey all! Long time no see!

I have a theory about 2 of the alternate universes we visited in the late story. Or is it just 1 alternate universe visited twice?

The first is the Toa Empire AU, visited in Dark Mirror. In this universe, the Makuta were never able to rebel against Mata Nui because Tuyet's Toa Empire stopped them. Furthermore, Tuyet's actions did not destablise the MU enough for him to take notice. This means that Mata Nui was not delayed in his mission to fix Spherus Magna, and he would've ended it on time.

In the Spherus Magna AU, visited by Vezon in Reign Of Shadows, Makuta never rebelled against Mata Nui. This means that Mata Nui was not delayed in his mission to fix Spherus Magna, and he ended it on time.

My theory, based on that similarity, is that both of those AUs are one and the same. How I think things worked is as follows:

Teridax learned how the Matoran Universe works, and how to strike Mata Nui down, LONG before the events of The Many Deaths Of Toa Tuyet when the Toa Empire AU was created, meaning he was already plotting his takeover WELL before then. Perhaps the timing of his raid of the Coliseum, in tandem with Lesovikk's resistance team, was timed specifically so he could access the mind of the Great Spirit at exactly the right time, as too early or late would result in his death shortly after.

We also know that a massive army was about to descend on Metru Nui to also overthrow Tuyet. I suspect that the battle that followed would've been destructive, and the Coliseum would have been destroyed during the battle, creating the gap Teridax needed to enter the Great Spirit's mind and do what he needed to do, most likely with an improved, faster-working version of the virus he used in the core universe that circumstances may have granted him the time to refine and make. The commotion of the battle would've been the perfect cover to use his virus on Mata Nui unnoticed. He would also have allowed his body to be destroyed in the battle so his antidermis form could get in, and everyone could think him dead and thus suspect nothing.

Again, from there he would've banished Mata Nui and the Ignika into space, not for the sake of conquest, but as a means to stop Tuyet and her empire. Mata Nui would've then found and remade the prototype robot sooner, perhaps with less resistance and more co-operation from the Skrall, since the events happening earlier would've meant no baterra sightings/interference, which was what led Tuma to lead his Skrall against the Agori in the first place.

From there, Mata Nui and Teridax would've reformed Sperus Magna sooner, and Teridax (probably having seen the folly of tyranny and conquest from another angle through Tuyet) would've been redeemed and given up on his dreams of conquest and willingly complied. The other surviving Makuta, e.g. Krika, would've been spared and helped him fight off any further resistance from the Toa Empire after he took over the MU (remember; no-one found out about Tuyet's death before our Takanuva left the dimension, so the Toa may have kept fighting in her name, and likely continued to see Teridax as the bad guy afterwards), and then took control of the Skrall on SM, and used them to stop Marendar (who would DEFINITELY have activated in this AU too) from wiping out the remaining Toa, especially those who sided against Tuyet.

Miserix, however, was imprisoned the whole time, and STILL wanted revenge against the other Makuta for imprisoning him, declaring war on them and those they live with on SM. New Toa (including Jaller and Kongu) would've been brought into being to help fight off Miserix's army and protect the Matoran and Agori.

Any thoughts or holes that need filling? Anything I missed? Feel free to critique. This is actually the first proper theory I've posted on BZPower so I'm new to all this, so I apologise if I didn't do it correctly.

• Like 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

9 hours ago, Makuta_of_Oz said:

he would've banished Mata Nui and the Ignika into space

This is where you lost me. 

We're not given much info to work with on the Spherus Magna AU, but one of the few details we do have is that the Brotherhood did not rebel against Mata Nui. Therefore, he can't have been usurped and banished into space by Terry. 

9 hours ago, Makuta_of_Oz said:

more co-operation from the Skrall, since the events happening earlier would've meant no baterra sightings/interference, which was what led Tuma to lead his Skrall against the Agori in the first place.

This also doesn't work, as one of the other key details we're given about the Spherus Magna AU is that the Skrall were planning to strike against the other villages, but because the planet got fixed early the Makuta were able to shut down those plans and take over the Skrall army for themselves. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar