Why wasn't there a real live kid in the final version of the Bionicle movie?

I was just watching a short from Essenger about the fact they almost put a real live kid in the Bionicle movie. I have a theory that they didn't do it due to some kind of safety violation that could've happened, because I'm thinking that first kid wouldn't be able to get past this first scene.

If I understand it correctly, LEGO was never seriously interested in putting a human in the world of BIONICLE (and for good reason, it would have sucked).

But even if they did, they wouldn’t have really put the kid in an underground lava tunnel.

Edited by Master Inika
  • Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

My recollection on this is that the Lego group really did not like the idea and I think this was with good reason. Placing a human in the mask of light, let alone making that human the seventh toa would have completely destroyed the canon and any sense of immersion. Plus there was technological problems as I cannot imagine how it would have worked given the now ancient animation software they would have been using. In creative development these things happen. Ideas get thrown around a lot and a fair number don't make the cut. 

It's time to move on.

Posted (edited)

Now that reminds me of the ideas that were cut from the Bionicle movie trilogy. I wouldn't want to stray from this topic, so if I was going to talk about the entire trilogy, I might just create a new topic about that instead.

Edited by PortalPuppy31

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't get past the first scene? Oh yeah, I forgot that Mask of Light was filmed on location.

• Like 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.