Welcome to B6's Block Party!

Yes, that's the best name I could come up with - names are hard! Coming back from a couple months of soul-searching, I am ready to return to streaming - come join the block party! After almost a decade of doing different types of streams with different names and schedules, I am merging everything into one generic LEGO-themed stream not tied to building sets, playing videogames, days of the week, or a specific platform. That stream is B6's Block Party!

Our first stream will be tomorrow, March 20th, at 7 PM Eastern, where we're going to build a LEGO set. What set? You'll have to come and find out! We haven't changed locations, so we'll still be over on the BZPower Twitch channel, with archives posted on our YouTube channel.

Moving forward, the plan will be to announce a schedule every Sunday or Monday, with at least a day's notice so people can plan accordingly. We'll be building sets, playing videogames, and maybe other things? I have a lot of bricks that need to be sorted and some sets that need to be taken apart eventually, so maybe you'll see that too at some point (or you won't because it sounds boring and you won't watch). There won't be anymore giveaways like we did with our set builds - believe it or not after almost a decade since we received the first pallets from The LEGO Group, we are actually starting to run low and want to focus our remaining supplies on things like contests and the convention circuit.

So yeah, something new and hopefully fresh and fun! At some point I'll probably need to come up with a new logo and maybe some overlays and other graphics - if you want to help, please let me know!

Thanks everyone who has ever watched one of our streams and to all our future viewers - we do this for the fun of it and hope you have fun too!

• Like 6

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm really glad that as a result of both of us playing Lego Brawls recently, I had decided to start watching streams on my tablet rather than my computer, as that allows me to be more flexible with when I could be available to join in. Even so, 7:00 pm Eastern Time is pretty much right at the earliest moment when I could be available on a weekday, so as long as you don't try moving it to an earlier time, I'll be okay with this.

I've always had at least a mild interest in the Architecture theme, so I was fine with watching today's build stream of Venice. As for which other sets I could recommend for upcoming build streams, the Tales of the Space Age set from the Ideas theme I had mentioned in the chat might be a good idea. Not only is it $50 (I think you mentioned that would be easily within you budget, though correct me if I misheard), but also you have a lot of possibilities on where you could place the completed set, either on a narrow shelf (only four studs thick) or even hang it up on a wall (each segment includes that special piece on the back you see on those Art theme sets).

On the side of video games, I would first suggest continuing with Lego Brawls, since you've already got the first of six Champion characters unlocked, so you might as well go for the other five. After that, you could either keep going at least until you've fully unlocked everything in every available theme in that game, or you might consider picking up Lego Bricktales and trying that game. From my experience, it took me about an hour to complete each story level (five in total), a couple more hours to go for full game completion after that, and less than an hour for each of the bonus levels (four in total), so while it'll take some time to complete Lego Bricktales, it won't be quite as long as most of the other Lego games you've already played.

Not a bad start to this new system, so I'll make sure to stick around and see what's next.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Now that I'm more flexible with watching these livestreams, it's actually kind of nice that I had a chance to just chat a little bit about my own collection of Lego sets while you were building something. And while I do occasionally check brickset.com about Lego news, the announcement of those upcoming space theme collectible minifigures was recent enough that I had only just now heard about it, and now that I've taken a look, I'm beginning to consider possibly getting those as perhaps the only wave of collectible minifigures I may ever try to get all of them, let alone any of them.

I do find it kind of strange that I'm once again apparently the only viewer using the chat, as I assumed it was builds like these that got other fellow members more interested. Eh, I guess that might change once awareness gets out there of this new schedule. Anyway, an interesting build this week, and I'll certainly be looking forward to what'll be on next week.

Pretty good progress going through the first Lego Indiana Jones game the last two days. I will say that the Steam guide I've been checking includes images to help out, so you might find that to be more preferable to what you've been reading. As for the achievements, let me remind you that I've played these Lego games on Steam, which for some reason does not have any achievements for the older Lego games, so I will not be able to provide you with any (experienced) help with unlocking any of those achievements.

I'm pretty sure there's more I wanted to mention, but I'm currently in a bit of a rush to get to something else, so I'll probably post about it later if I can remember it.

Nice to see you decided to get that Tales of the Space Age set I had recommended, and that you overall like it. Quite appropriate timing as well, considering the solar eclipse that occurred earlier this week. I do not yet have any other set recommendations (at least among sets that are still available for purchase), so I'll be interested to see what else you might have in mind.

For the Lego Indiana Jones game stream, since it's become clear that your primary source for guides has failed to be specific enough, the link I'll provide at the bottom of this post leads to all the Lego games guides available on Steam, which I've used while playing these Lego games. Many of them provide images in addition to the text, which should help provide a better idea of where you'll find all of the collectibles. The only time where I would recommend a video guide would be for some that have proven to be a little difficult to obtain, such as trying to hop into the back of a moving truck (you may want to study that video for where they jump from and in which direction they go for that particular one). From my experience, the most frustrating minikits to obtain in this game were at the beginning of the last level of Temple of Doom since they're in a chase zone, but maybe you'll have better luck with those than I did, because I don't really remember having much of a problem with that one you're still missing from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Quite unfortunate that it's at the end of a level in an older Lego game, though I do have experience with a similarly frustrating minikit in Lego Lord of the Rings, but I did catch a break when I discovered that I could reset that chase zone by quitting the level without saving and then immediately restarting the level would somehow start me at the beginning of the chase zone rather than the entire level, so while I have no idea if that would be of any help to you, I figured it might be at least worth sharing as a possible idea to consider.

Anyway, here's the link for those Lego games guides: https://steamcommunity.com/id/legogamesguy/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&p=1&numperpage=30

Four more levels fully completed, so that was some good progress this week. I should warn you that the next two levels will have certain difficulties to them. First of them (the only one you have apparently yet to collect a certain amount of studs) will be on moving mine carts after the first area, but while those areas in constant motion are in a circuit, I'd recommend you be careful to not hit just any random thing or you might find yourself progressing through the level without being able to collect some minikits along the way. Second of them starts off with needing to collect two minikits while running through a chase zone (I remember being most frustrated with that particular area, though perhaps knowing that you can save and quit to grab at least one of those two might make things a little easier for you), and let's just say you'll start off with needing to immediately use that bazooka trooper as soon as the level starts. As for the achievements, like I said earlier, Steam doesn't provide achievements for the oldest Lego games (LEGO Lord of the Rings was the earliest Lego game for which I could unlock achievements on Steam), so I have no experience with which I could offer any assistance, so I'm afraid you'll need to figure out that aspect for yourself.

• Like 1

Three more levels fully completed, despite needing multiple attempts for one of the minikits (certainly easier when its at the beginning of a level rather than the end). Also, don't worry too much about not affording those larger stud multiplier red parcels right away. Keep in mind there are three bonus levels, and while the first is that Young Indy story level, the other two are the "collect a million studs" type of bonus levels, so you'll definitely get there (even if you must repeat those bonus levels a few times to get the several millions of studs like I had to). Anyway, thanks for letting us know you'll be off for the next two weeks, so I'll look forward to what's next when you come back.

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Like 2