Rahi And Kanohi

So everyone knows that the Rahi of '01 only served Makuta because they were under the influence of infected masks. This makes sense, of course; Toa, Turaga, or Matoran could also be forced to serve Makuta if their masks became infected.Toa, Turaga, and Matoran, though, are a slightly different case - they all need to wear masks to function properly. The Rahi, as far as we know, do not. However, before the Rahi, Makuta's only servants were the Kraata, who for obvious reasons would be unable to affix masks to Rahi, and Ahkmou, who would of course be unable to do so due to the fact that there's only one of him and that he's a Matoran. The Rahi of Mata Nui, therefore, must have worn masks before they became infected by the Kraata.My question is, "Why?" Why would the Rahi have been wearing masks they had no need for? Where did they get them? Are the masks Great, Noble, Powerless, or some new type entirely? If so, can they be worn by Toa, Turaga, and Matoran? (Feel free to add any similar questions that I missed).Furthermore, the Kanohi Dragon is said to have Kanohi-like scales designed to lure in prey. Why would it be an uncommon occurrence to see a Rahi with Kanohi? And why would the Kanohi Dragon not have normal Kanohi like other Rahi?Thanks.:t::b::3:

• Upvote 1

Q2TtLEz.png

I forget the exact answer, but pretty sure it was said that at some point Makuta attached Kanohi to them. Apparently it takes a while to infect masks, so he couldn't just infect them all right away; faster to attach them right away and then send out krana. I think it was stated that this is what he was working on during the year-long truce he agreed with Vakama on in Time Trap.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Another possibility is that some Rahi have masks simply because they were created with them. This could have happened because either the Great Beings, who created the first Rahi, or the Makuta, were basing themselves on previously-created biomechanical beings, the Matoran. Perhaps they originally intended for the Kanohi to do something, or perhaps they simply modified (drastically) the Matoran design without removing the Kanohi, even though the modifications made the Kanohi useless. Maybe they even did it on purpose, to allow them to control Rahi if needed (and not necessarily for evil purposes).This also provides an explanation (though it isn't the only one) on why some Rahi who were never seen on Mata Nui (ex. Kraawa, Kinloka) also appear to be wearing masks.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

I think their Kanohi were created with the Rahi. Remember when Mata Nui and Metus were attacked by a Sand Bat and Mata Nui suggested they knock its mask off? It seems a normal thing for all Rahi to wear Kanohi and require them to function judging by what he had said.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Perhaps its something like Toa, Turaga, and Matoran. Where a Rahi can survive perfectly fine without Kanohi, but with them they have some sort of ability gained? For example, wearing a Kanohi increases their intelligence or strength? Or they can use the Kanohi, only not as dramaticaly; where a Mask of Speed would slightly increase the Rahi's speed.Just a thought.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Well let's keep in mind that the Makuta created most Rahi. Maybe they attached Kanohi to most of them from the very start, perhaps giving a boost to their awareness similar to Toa, but may have also intended it as a contingency so that later if they needed to they could send out Krana and easily get powerful servants.Sort of a "maker's stamp" if you will, that also enabled the makers to get control over their own creations.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)