My Daily Bionicle Art

BBLIR

Hi everyone, I forgot I had an account here oops :v I've been making a drawing/painting every day for the past few weeks, mainly Bionicle characters. I've been posting them regularly elsewhere (on Twitter and Bluesky), and since they've piled up, I'm gonna dump the first 50.

I make most of them using watercolours and alcohol markers, sometimes just ink or acrylic paints.

I'm also open to requests!

Enjoy!

Day1_96DPI.jpg

Day2_96DPI.jpg

Day3_96DPI.jpg

Day4_96DPI.jpg

Day5_96DPI.jpg

Day6_96DPI.jpg

Day7_96DPI.jpg

Day8_96DPI.jpg

Day9_96DPI.jpg

Day10_96DPI.jpg

Day11_96DPI.jpg

Day12_96DPI.jpg

Day13_96DPI.jpg

Day14_96DPI.jpg

Day15_96DPI.jpg

Day16_96DPI.jpg

Day17_96DPI.jpg

Day18_96DPI.jpg

Day19_96DPI.jpg

Day20_96DPI.jpg

Day21_96DPI.jpg

Day22_96DPI.jpg

Day23_96DPI.jpg

Day24_96DPI.jpg

Day25_96DPI.jpg

Day26_96DPI.jpg

Day27_96DPI.jpg

Day28_96DPI.jpg

Day29_96DPI.jpg

Day30_96DPI.jpg

Day31_96DPI.jpg

Day32_96DPI.jpg

Day33_96DPI.jpg

Day34_96DPI.jpg

Day35_96DPI.jpg

Day36_96DPI.jpg

Day37_96DPI.jpg

Day38_96DPI.jpg

Day39_96DPI.jpg

Day40_96DPI.jpg

Day41_96DPI.jpg

Day42_96DPI.jpg

Day43_96DPI.jpg

Day44_96DPI.jpg

Day45_96DPI.jpg

Day46_96DPI.jpg

Day47_96DPI.jpg

Day48_96DPI.jpg

Day49_96DPI.jpg

Day50_96DPI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Oh, these are neat! You've got a very cool style here; these all look fantastic, but a few that specifically stand out to me:

- Absolutely love the inclusion of Flare Slizer, and your take on his design is really cool. Slizers is such an underrated theme, so I'm happy to see it get a bit of appreciation!

- Really like the texture you've got on Kongu's mask there; and the expression / tilt of the head make him feel very alive.

- Avak with the glowing eyes there looks superbly menacing! Also he's my favourite of the Piraka, so the fact that he was your subject for that picture makes me happy ^^

- Really like the addition of orange to your design of Nuparu Mahri; it's a part of his colour palette that I've long thought his Toa forms lacked, and you pull it off really well on him!

- That Krika is terrifying, but in the best way; I love the insect-like eyes you gave him, as well as the way you've done his fangs, and the colours there work really well.

- Love the colouring and flame effects on that one of Raanu!

- Really like your takes on Ahkmou and Kapura! The perspective on Ahkmou is really neat, and I love how you give a sense of expression to his mask there; and I like the style you've given Kapura, and the colour scheme - particularly the way the yellow highlights like his eyes stand out against the predominant red.

Those specific thoughts said though, these all look fantastic; great work! :D

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Thank you both!

15 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

- Avak with the glowing eyes there looks superbly menacing! Also he's my favourite of the Piraka, so the fact that he was your subject for that picture makes me happy ^^

He's my favourite too! I also replaced the battery in his brain. Wouldn't recommend. (also I used glow in the dark paint on the teeth)

15 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

- That Krika is terrifying, but in the best way; I love the insect-like eyes you gave him, as well as the way you've done his fangs, and the colours there work really well.

I think it's my favourite artwork out of all of these, Krika's design seems to really click with me.

New batch coming tomorrow! It'll be fewer than this one, but it will catch up to the present :)

These are so cool, and it is extra impressive what a wide range of styles you are able to draw them in. Some look very set-accurate while others are more impressionistic. There are so many good ones, but I think my favorites are:

Nuhvok Va (he looks weirdly cute like an angry kitten)

Kongu Inika

Nuparu Mahri

Krika

Bulk

Gorast

Good guy

Fikou and Click (I can't decide which one is cuter)

Dume/Makuta (that one, specifically the layout, is excellent and reminds me of the original comics)

Makuta's MNOG vortex form (it's creepy to actually imagine him as a bunch of body parts flying around)

I do not recognize the white Miru-wearing character. Are they an OC?

I also recognize the Mask of Life as it appears in VNOG and BIONICLE Heroes. Is that meant to be Matoro, Toa Ignika, Mata Nui or possibly the first Toa who used it? Or just a hypothetical character? I would be interested in a full drawing of him, his torso and shoulder armor and weapon look cool but it looks like a cropped version of a larger image.

The Sanok with the crosshairs is a creative idea. I also think similar iconographic depictions of Kanohi masks would be interesting.

seriously cannot figure out what the Goomba-looking thing is supposed to be. It is well drawn, I just do not recognize it. If I saw it elsewhere I would not even recognize it as BIONICLE or LEGO.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

4 hours ago, Master Inika said:

I do not recognize the white Miru-wearing character. Are they an OC?

That's matoran-form Kongu, decided to save on time by making it grayscale. ...and with yellow accents

I also recognize the Mask of Life as it appears in VNOG and BIONICLE Heroes. Is that meant to be Matoro, Toa Ignika, Mata Nui or possibly the first Toa who used it? Or just a hypothetical character? I would be interested in a full drawing of him, his torso and shoulder armor and weapon look cool but it looks like a cropped version of a larger image.

Intended as Toa Ignika, with the BH design.

I also think similar iconographic depictions of Kanohi masks would be interesting.

Considered!

seriously cannot figure out what the Goomba-looking thing is supposed to be.

That's one of the characters that aren't Bionicle (the other being the one sandwitched between Kirop and Rocka) - it's Mega Met.

And now, the second dump, up to present day:

Day51_96DPI.jpg

Day52_96DPI.jpg

Day53_96DPI.jpg

Day54_96DPI.jpg

Day55_96DPI.jpg

Day56_96DPI.jpg

Day57_96DPI.jpg

Day58_96DPI.jpg

Day59_96DPI.jpg

Day60_96DPI.jpg

Day61_96DPI.jpg

Day62_96DPI.jpg

Day63_96DPI.jpg

• Like 1

Super happy to see Tamaru and Nuparu included; they're both characters who I like a lot :D The colours on Tamaru look really nice; and I love how spiky you've made the points on Nuparu's mask! I really love the glowing effect you've achieved on his zamor spheres, too ^^

Lessovik looks fantastic; I love how you've stylised him, while keeping him still instantly recognisable. I really like how the shift of colour due to the lighting works on his armour too, especially the lime parts.

The painterly look of that Norik is a really neat style; works so well for the character.

The study of Matau's wing is really cool. I like your design on him as a whole, too; especially the styling of his mask and chestplate. The red lighting shining on his green armour is a really effective touch as well!

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

18 hours ago, rhombusjones said:

These are so terrific, so many wonderful pictures, I love the vivid colors! Many of these would make great profile pics. 

rhombusjones is right, you are very good at making each image unique and memorable. You should consider offering commissions, I would possibly pay for a rendition of my self-MOC in your style.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 6/1/2024 at 12:53 AM, Master Inika said:

rhombusjones is right, you are very good at making each image unique and memorable. You should consider offering commissions, I would possibly pay for a rendition of my self-MOC in your style.

I'll consider it, but I have some stuff to figure out so it's not gonna be anytime soon unfortunately. I'll definitely make an announcement when I'm ready :).

Here's a new batch containing some real good stuff, including another game teaser (info coming tomorrow! on my Twitter if anyone's interested)

Day64_96DPI.jpg

Day65_96DPI.jpg

Day66_96DPI.jpg

Day67_96DPI.jpg

Day68_96DPI_clean.jpg

Day69_96DPI.jpg

Day70_96DPI.jpg