Disney

Toa Zaz

If disney doesnt stop hiring child actors, and starts hiring animators, im going to exlpode. Seriously... its rediculous. Even Nickelodeon gets the idea. the only thing they are any good at is making movies.Disney Channel Bad. Disney Movie Productions Good.(and no, i haven played epic mickey, though i wanted to. how is it?)

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If talking about the actual park named Disney World counts, then let me interject into the topic that I enjoyed Thunder Mountain Railroad to the extent that I went on it twelve times in one night. :POtherwise, I believe the company has gone south. High School Musical and Hannah Montanah ruined it for me. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

They just released ANOTHER teen show where one of them can sing, and they are at school.Seriously. We dont need another one. We dont even need the first ones. So far, the only thing theyve done right is Tron: Uprising and Phineas and Firb.They even ruined Lilo and Stitch. Seriously. I thought that wasnt possible, untill they sold it to japan. It seems theyve decided Lilo is japanese, and that so is all of hawaii

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Actually, I sort of think the Disney renaissance is overrated. If those movies came out today, they really wouldn't be considered that great.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Actually, I sort of think the Disney renaissance is overrated. If those movies came out today, they really wouldn't be considered that great.

What makes you say that? Aside from animation techniques, what has changed in animation in the last fifteen/twenty years to give you that impression? People still like Disney. They still make good movies. Maybe hand drawn films wouldn't do as well at the B.O., but I have a hard time imagining a lukewarm critical reception. I think Winnie the Pooh and Princess and the Frog are evidence of that.
BZPRPG

I've always loved Disney, although I agree that their channel has degraded to Muaka fodder, barring Phineas and Ferb. But their films are as good as ever and are still on top in my opinion.Disney cartoons have a special place in my heart, especially the earliest color ones. Although I'm also very partial to the Mouse Works cartoons and others from House of Mouse. And, speaking of the house, Disney seriously needs to release that on DVD. Why haven't they already?

^ Implying they weren't already corporate in the first place...Has anybody else played Epic Mickey?

Yes, yes I have! And there is only one adjective that can adequately describe it. And it's in the title.Epic Mickey had a great plot, spectacular gameplay, plenty of funny moments, and a wonderfully nostalgic ambience. My only regret was that you couldn't backtrack. And the final level was a disappointingly anticlimactic.Now what about Kingdom Hearts? That was an excellent series, written brilliantly, full of colorful, expansive worlds to explore. The freedom of exploration, from being able to revisit everywhere as often as one liked, to being able to replay the "ending" endlessly and keep any levels gained therein, was phenomenal.
Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Don't everybody kill me here, but for some reason I've never really liked The Lion King all that much. Sure, it's a good movie by Disney standards, and I can see why people could like it, but It's never done much for me. My all time favorite, however, would have to be either Bambi or The Aristocats.I've got a big crate full of old Disney VHS tapes in my closet, and it's funny to look back at a some of the ones that never really made it big, like All Dogs Go to Heaven (there was a sequel too,) Oliver and Company, and even The Lady and The Tramp 2. Anybody remember these?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: I've been listening to all their great music on my MP3 player, and about a week ago I made the decision that I'm going to have to compile all of their theatrical movies in order of their release dates and watch them all through in one giant Disney marathon. I'll be working on another marathon this summer, but next summer I'll be open to it. it will be worth it, because Disney films are among the best films ever made. I love the optemism, the spirit, and the willingness to tell basic archetypal stories. His innovation for Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 were also brilliant and one of the best ideas everyt o be brought to the cinema. To me, Disney hasn't lost the sense of what films have always been about.To this day, Disney has remained my #1 inspiration as a writer.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

• 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: I was thinking the same thing. Thank you BenLuke for saying it for me. Actually, he PMed me with the same question.As it happens, I've never seen it. I would like to. I've read books based on the stories of Brair Rabbit and Briar Fox and Briar Bear. It's all very amusing. I like the music, too. But unfortunately, I might never see the movie, which is a pity, because it looks like a pleasant film.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh