Firearms && Gunpowder

In the conventional sense, gunpowder is the combination of charcoal, sulfur, and potassium nitrate (aka saltpeter). There is no indication that those exist in the Matoran universe.It's entirely possible that some other form of black powder exists in the MU, but not our version, per se.Based on what we've seen in the story, and based upon what we know of its workings, projectile weapons do not seem to utilize explosives.

Edited by Slender Man

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm not sure they ever had any need for it, I guess the closest equivalent to a gun in BIONICLE is a Kanoka launcher, and the disks propel themselves with their own energy I think. I'm sure they have the potential to create explosives, but with elemental powers, the need is again minimal. Agori and Glatorian might have had uses, while on Bara Magna I'd imagine the chemicals and materials needed wouldn't be common, fire arms are generally made of metal, the common weapon material on Bara Magna is organic, and unlikely cope with such forces anyway.Now Spherus Magna has reformed, the Glatorian have access to MU technology, so also have no need for these things.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

What about the Cordak blasters? The must have utilized at least some form of explosive, possibly even gunpowder.

BS01 only describes it as "a propulsion mechanism." Some form of explosive could be possible, but given that the blasters can be used to channel elemental energy, I reckon the elemental energy would also be propelling the projectiles.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

What about the Cordak blasters? The must have utilized at least some form of explosive, possibly even gunpowder.

BS01 only describes it as "a propulsion mechanism." Some form of explosive could be possible, but given that the blasters can be used to channel elemental energy, I reckon the elemental energy would also be propelling the projectiles.
That may answer how they are propelled, but how then do they explode upon contact with their target?

That may answer how they are propelled, but how then do they explode upon contact with their target?
This could again be some sort of incendiary, but again, based on how things conventionally work throughout the MU, I'd be inclined to think the cordak bullets are imbued with elemental energy, or made out of an explosive Kanoka of some sort. Maybe even an explosive plant, that's more BIONICLE's style. I know it seems pedantic saying that it's not gun powder, it's an explosive plant, but I'm trying to sort of define the boundary that things like this are much less complex in BIONICLE. In real life a grenade has a complex trigger mechanism in it that lets of the incendiary. The equivalent in BIONICLE would be just a spherical object, that simply explodes on impact. No mechanism, nothing complex, it just explodes. I'd hate to throw around GregF's BIONICLE Physics quote, as it's overused, but some things in BIONICLE just do things that seem unnatural to us.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

heck i would say screw the gunpowder i have a gun that can fire balls of light and with almost unlimited ammo.But in all reality i don't think they could because i don't think they have the material needed to make gunpowder. and also would you use a gunpowder gun if you have always had an energy weapon?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Gunpowder doesn't exist anywhere in the Matoran Universe. As Sumiki (Slender Man) said, there might be another mix of explosive powders that they use, but Gunpowder as we know it is based on our Periodic Table of the Elements, and it's not entirely clear whether they apply in the MU.