Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: Andrew thought quickly how he could address Mrs. Bishop's concerns. She did have some sound reasoning, wanting to be a protective mother and all. If she didn't want her to be seperated from her, then..."Well, you don't have to leave her alone out there," the Elite Agent suggested. "I've heard the stories, you've apparently done quite a job with some of XERRD's forces earlier with the Third Headquarters Squad crew. Plus that incident where you beat up Rotor and Cabin when the came back here's quite infamous among the ranks right now."Mrs. Bishop looked at him and shrugged. "What can I say? You shouldn't stay in the way of a mother trying to protect her children.""Then perhaps you could fight alongside her? I'm sure nobody would mind, and at this hour, I'm sure your help would be most appreciated."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC:"So, Holly," Zach said as he continued driving toward Dino Attack Headquarters. "How's the battle been treating you?""Firstly, Virchaus," Vinyaya said irritably as she pointed her Cosmotronic Ray out the window and opened fire on Mutant Dinos "Call me by my rank or my last name. Secondly, other than losing my eye, I've been holding up rather well, even killing Paulie Gonepus.""I assume this was before the alliance? Or was he a renegade?""Before the alliance. From what he said, he would've killed or usurped Blaire Darkling and taken control of XERRD of himself. And based on his apathy toward my accusations, he would've continued to aid the Mutant Dinos."Zach smirked. "Well then, good on you." The Fire Hammer rattled as it ran over a mutilated raptor corpse. They sat in silence until Vinyaya spoke up again."How are you doing, Minerva? I'm sorry about your mom."Zach didn't expect Minerva to respond. To his surprise, she did. "I'm doing...okay. Thanks for the...yeah, um, it's okay. I'm okay." Minerva voice was quiet and extremely reserved. Out of his peripheral vision, Zach could see Vinyaya give him a concerned look. Zach turned his head toward the Space Police commando and gave her a serious look, trying to suggest Minerva would be okay. Vinyaya shrugged and continued to shoot down dinos."Any idea what Nazareno and Zelda are up to?" Zach asked, trying to keep up a normal conversation. It might as well be the last one ever. And besides, even though they had all been in the same area for less than five minutes, Zach felt a strange group dynamic amongst him, Minerva, Nazareno, Vinyaya, and Zelda.An amused smirk formed on Vinyaya's face. "I do have an idea. I met up with Nazareno and he told me that Zelda confessed."Zach was slightly lost until Minerva spoke up, "You mean she told him about her crush?" Zach nodded in remembrance."Yeah. I guess Nazareno messed up. He was basically the equivalent of a teenager who was having romantic feelings for the first time in his life. Which was basically how it was. He had no idea what to do or how he actually felt, so I had to guide him along I bit. I assume now he's going to or already has returned her feelings."Zach smiled, imagining the great and powerful Nazareno totally lost on how to handle Zelda's feelings. "Well, good for them." He paused as another memory suddenly flashed through his mind. "I suppose that means I have to ship you with someone else, don't I?"He was impressed with how quick Vinyaya's eye narrowed. "This again, Zachary? Is this really the time?"Zach shrugged. "Might as well. It amuses me, primarily because it annoys you.""What are you two talking about?" Minerva asked, confused."You know when Vinyaya pulled me away to talk to me after we locked up Onion Rings or whatever his name was. After our talk and we started to search the headquarters for you, Zelda, and Nazareno, I decided to start pairing off Vinyaya with potential suitors-""None which are going to happen," Vinyaya added with a grumble."-that doesn't matter to shippers. Vinyaya with Nazareno was my favorite choice, but I came up with a couple more."Zach could almost imagine Minerva smiling curiously as she spoke. "Like what?""Let's see if I remember them all. I romantically paired Vinyaya with Nazareno, Marco Martinet, Frozeen, Hotwire, Rotor, Clint Wayne, Trigger, Semick, Bluetooth, Stranger, Hertz, Pharisee, Dr. Cyborg, and...I think that's it."Zach was happy to hear Minerva laughing over the comm. It was rather reserved, but still laughing. Anything to get her mind off of Oswald and Athena. "Wow." was all Minerva managed to say."Yeah, so now I need to come up with a new favorite pairing to root for.""Despite the fact," Vinyaya said, half-amused. "I've barely spoken to most of the people you mentioned.""Yeah, but that's the fun isn't it?" Zach argued. Silence fell over the Fire Hammer as they continued their advance toward the Dino Attack Headquarters. Zach got on to the radio and secured a Dino Air Tracker to airlift them to the thirteenth floor to save them trying to traverse the ruined headquarters. As they continued, Minerva suddenly spoke."Why not Vinyaya and Bluetooth?" Minerva said.Vinyaya rolled her eye in irritation as Zach laughed. "Not you too, Minerva.""What makes you say that?" Zach asked, now curious."When they met on Adventurers' Island, Bluetooth was proposing some idea about turning the team into a planetary defense force after this war. He decided to tell Vinyaya due to her Space Police background. But when he was telling her about his idea, he could hardly talk. He could've easily been smitten by Vinyaya and was nervous about speaking to her.""What if he was just nervous I'd turn down his idea?" Vinyaya shot back, clearly unimpressed with Minerva joining in the shipping joke.Zach laughed again. "Doesn't matter, Vinyaya. The theory's there, and that's all the shippers need." Suddenly, a small buzzing sound echoed through the Fire Hammer cab. Vinyaya turned, surprised, and pulled a PDA from her belt. "What's the matter now?" Zach groaned. "Any more hopeless odds to stack up against us?""No...at least, I don't think so," Vinyaya said, looking at the device's small screen with surprise. "It's from Bluetooth."Zach raised an eyebrow in surprise. Vinyaya's left eye moved rapidly from left to right as she read the message. As she continued, more surprise seemed to form on her face.Zach pulled up to the front of Dino Attack Headquarters to wait for the Dino Air Tracker. He then turned to Vinyaya. "What did it say?""I..." Vinyaya was losing her composure fast. Her face was turning red rapidly. Zach suddenly felt a grin forming on his face. She glared at him. "It's nothing," she said, flustered. Zach shook his head and grabbed the PDA out of Vinyaya's hand. Her arm quickly snapped out and grabbed his. She gave him an angry look that he ignored as he tossed the PDA to his other hand. He then began to read the message from Bluetooth despite Vinyaya's protests."What's going on?" Minerva asked, morbid curiosity her voice."Here, I'll read it allowed." And so Zach did. Every word. "Well," Zach said as he completed his retelling of Bluetooth's message. His smile probably stretched from ear to ear. "He's fond of you."Minerva wasn't repressing her laughter at this point. "I was right!"Vinyaya wasn't amused in the slightest. "You don't have to laugh at him-""We're not," Zach said, suppressing his snickers. "We're laughing at the fact that our 'Vinyaya/Bluetooth' pairing now has some merit! So what are you going to write back?""I-I don't know. I mean, I hardly know him. I'm...I'm flattered, I suppose. I mean I...I might be willing to try something with him. But he sent that message with the idea he was about to die. What can I say?"Zach shrugged. "Any ideas, Minerva?" No response. "Minerva? Are you okay?" Still nothing. Something was horribly wrong. He was about to climb out of the Fire Hammer when one of the back doors opened and Minerva dived into the seat. She slammed the door shut and laid down on her back clutching the upper part of her right arm. Zach's eyes widened in shock as he saw blood dripping past her hand."Minerva!" Zach gasped. "What-""Bandage!" Minerva gasped. Her face was as white as snow and a look of absolute terror was carved into it. "Medical tape, something!" Vinyaya quickly turned to the glove compartment and starting shuffling through supplies until she pulled out a roll of medical tape. Vinyaya was about to apply it to Minerva's arm when Minerva snatched the roll away. Minerva removed her hand from the wound and tore off the sleeve of her right arm and wiped the blood away. Minerva then began to wrap the tape around her arm."Minerva, what happened?" Zach asked, worried."A bullet grazed my arm," Minerva grimaced, her face scrunched in pain. "It was fired-" Her explanation was silenced as waves of bullets suddenly attacked the Fire Hammer's driver side. Zach and Vinyaya ducked their heads as bullets slammed and ricocheted into the Fire Hammer's hull and windows. After ten seconds, the firing seized. Zach raised his head slowly. Thankfully, the windows of the vehicle were mostly bulletproof, catching all the bullets and allowing none to pass through. Though now the windows and the windshield were cracked. Through the cracks, Zach could see a figure several yards away walking toward the Fire Hammer, a smoking machine gun in his hand. Zach flinched in realization.Oswald Fabello was here for his sister.

IC: "I didn't know vampires existed," Shaw remarked as she walked up the stairs, Spike, Buffy, Harris, and the others behind her."Where'd Carver say she'd meet us?""13th Floor," replied Shaw. "And we're going to help them?" Hale asked."That's right," replied Shaw."What can you do Shaw?" Replied Hale. "You can pray for them all you want but it's not going to get anywhere."Shaw stopped. "At this point, I think things are desperate enough that we'll need all the help we can get. Even a little faith might help."Hale sighed, and continued to follow her. "Do you think we can trust him?" She asked. "He's a friggin' vampire!""He has a soul," replied Shaw."How do we know that. Buffy told us. She could be a vam-""She still has a pulse," replied Shaw. At that moment, a loud explosion rang through the building, knocking everyone off their feet. They looked down to the bottom of the stairwell to see the first few stairs obliterated.OOC: I think it's fair warning that Firecracker is still loose in HQ, and he seems to be determined to blow it up. Just a heads up.

OOC: I think it's fair warning that Firecracker is still loose in HQ, and he seems to be determined to blow it up. Just a heads up.
OOC: Alright, well, I'd really advise you not to let him go too far. You can't just have him making things worse like that, even if it is in his character. PeabodySam's letting him have real consequences with the "HQ at near-deconstruction" thing because it's essentially a warning for you and us to not to be doing an action like that that again. He's your character, so do exercise some control over him.Besides, not many of us have characters in HQ that are at the liberty to go around searching for him, so at the least, your cast is going to have to work on stopping Firecracker as well.IC: "It's as simple as I said," Andrew told Mrs. Bishop."Just follow her into battle and watch her back. Provide cover while she's helping us for objectives, and that sort of thing.""Well..." Mrs. Bishop said as she thought about Andrew's proposal. As the Elite Agent waited for a response, yet another explosion, this one particularily audible, shook the stairwell. Andrew fell back onto the wall of the stairway, barely staying on his feet, while the Bishops were knocked down to the floor."Geeze, this building is getting a lot of secondary explosions right now!" Andrew cried out as the shaking subsided."Ugh, it must be that guy, Firecracker!" said Mrs. Bishop as she got up and helped her daughter do the same. "He was with the Squad, and I bet he's getting the idea that bringing the building down on the Mutant Dinos is the last option right now!""But they've barely hit the building, and Dr. Rex has only hit the outer walls! I mean, really, what is he thinking?""He's as explosion-obsessed as Demoman," Kate said, "I heard that he almost set off the explosives Demoman set up in his fit of crazy, and was only stopped by faulty wiring. He's nuts!""Ugh," Andrew said as he put his palm to his face. "We don't have time for this nonsense, I gotta be up on the 13th floor ASAP." He pulled out his PDA and began typing out a message.To all Dino Attack agents in the headquarters but not evacuating or joining the Elite Agents:We've got another rouge agent trying to bring trouble. Agent Firecracker is seemingly intent on blowing up the headquarters, and is possibly the cause of its currently critical condition. It seems now that he is trying to finish the job. He must be found and stopped at all costs!Elite Agent Andrew"That'll have to do for now," Andrew muttered as he hit "Send". "Right now, I need to get going. Think over my offer, but either way, I guess you need to follow me upstairs for either of your objectives."He started running up the stairs, turning back briefly to gesture and say "C'mon!" to the Bishops before continuing up.

OOC: I'll see what I can do but I'm not sure how many ways you can stop a psychotic demolitions expert like him, especially given he'll probably just blow up anyone who tries to get near him. Remember that his inspiration (or at least, the incredibly flanderized depiction of his inspiration in my parody work) was a psychotic demolitions expert who would go to ludicrous lengths just to blow up Hitler, and could be stopped by nothing.IC: The door to the lab opened quickly as Shaw ran into the room accompanied by Hale, a group of agents with them."We found a bunch of people downstairs," Shaw explained."Spike, Harris, Buffy?" Rotor shouted. "Lance, what are you doing here? And I think we might want to get rid of baldric"Spike meanwhile took a good look at the teleport. "Ah," he said. "That is a beaut, ain't it?""I was wondering if you needed any help," Shaw explained. "Pierce sent us up here to find any wounded agents, but I heard about what was going on here. We didn't find any wounded just yet-""We should be going now, Shaw," replied Hale. Shaw ignored her."I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help," Shaw continued. "If you need an extra hand or someone to provide medical support, or even just someone who can stand back and pray you succeed."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:I burst out laughing when I saw Dr. Cyborg's name among the list of Vinyaya pairings. You're having fun with that, aren't you, Brikman McShipper.How about he loses the rest of his explosives, or they are duds he got from the DA supply that were put there by Ata?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC:B walked to the ruined building, where there had been a diner about a year ago. He cautiously entered the wreckage, looking around for Tempest. However, there was no one else in the building. He turned around, and was about to exit the building when he heard a gunshot. He looked down and saw a bullet hole at his feet. B looked up at the building across the street. Surprisingly, it was still mostly intact, but it was only ten stories high. On the roof, B saw a figure staring down at him."Aw, megablock."B sprinted across the street, dodging shots from the sniper. He stopped at the entrance of the building. He entered the building cautiously, looking for any dinos, or any allies of the sniper. He carefully surveyed the ground floor, looking out at the broken city block. After carefully considering a spot, he placed the duffel bag in the corner of the building opposite where he had come in. He opened the bag and removed a small remote.***Dr. Inferno's HQ, 2008"Tempest, you're dead! You hear me? Megablocking dead!"B and Tempest both stood in a large hall in Dr. Inferno's underground lair, staring each other down from opposite ends of the room. Crook's and Sucker's bodies lay motionless next to Tempest. Four of Inferno's henchmen entered the room and carried the bodies out, as B stood staring. He knew that there were too many guns trained on him to do anything to help his teammates."B, come and be reasonable. You lost. You can't hope to win a battle you already lost!""That may be true, Tempest, but the next time I see you, you're dead! And that is my promise!""So formal, B. You'll never see me again, in all likelihood! Give it up, and you might get your friends back!""We both know you're lying, Tempest."B turned around and ran. He knew it was his only option. He was alone, no backup.***"So," said B, "I'm alone. No backup. Like that hasn't happened before."I'm crazy. I survived once. It was pure luck that nothing happened besides what already had. I'm fueled only by thoughts of revenge. This isn't even part of my mission. Is it worth it? I'm probably going to die. I am going to die. I don't care. That's why. That is why I do these things. I have no care for my safety, as long as it doesn't put my team in danger. They must be out of the zone now. I got one shot. Well, no sense putting off the inevitable.And after that, B started up the stairway to the roof.

IC: The sentimental moment between Andrea Jackson and Maria was abruptly interrupted by the beeping of the former's PDA. Andrea quickly rummaged through the baggy suit and grabbed the device, and read the message."We got to do something quick," she said."What's wrong?" Replied Maria."Firecracker," replied Andrea. "Let's go!"As soon as they stepped out of the room, they found the other members of the squad waiting for them."Was Firecracker the one that set up those charges?" Maynard asked. Maria nodded."Apparently he's gone crazy," replied Maynard.

iC:Whoever had designed the dino attack headquarters was smart enough to build the steps leading up the thirteenth floor out of sturdy concrete. However they were incredibly stupid when considering making the building the thirteen stories high in the first place. Well bits of dust and small ruble littered the staircase Hertz was pleased to find the stairwell they were ascending was relatively stable.The same could not be said for the tower however. Firecracker had placed charges randomly around the outpost but had not gotten any higher than the third floor. Well the damage to the upper levels was relatively mild it created no illusion that the building itself was stable. With the lack of hearing Hertz was developing a greater sense of balance and was starting to feel the tower sway the higher he went.Sparks shot from an exposed wire and the lights flickered. Smoke was a small problem but damage to some of the generators in the basement meant that electrify was come and go. Assuming Firecracker was not a total moron Hertz expected the backup generators would kick in as soon as the current power inevitable disappeared. But considering Firecracker’s idiocy the elite agent would not be surprised if the demolitionist had deliberately destroyed those as well.Hertz and Naomi passed a sign that read number eight. Five more floors and they would reach the teleportation pad on the uppermost levels. Once they arrived Hertz would bid farewell to Naomi and prepare to place a valiant fight. He had little idea what was expected of him or how much impact he could make but he was bound and determined to try even if he was deft.They passed the ninth floor and Hertz took an opportunity to look over the railing. The flights of stairs spiraled down the square shaft into darkness below. He instinctively kicked a peace of concrete over the edge to watch it fall and disappear into the blackness without a sound.Naomi suddenly pulled Hertz away from the edge and her face contorted into a scream. Looking to the wall behind him he spotted three bullet holes where his head had been. Obviously he had not heard the gunshots and he looked around in panic to spot the shooter.More bullet holes appeared at his feet and bits of dust revealed the machine gun spray of the shooter. Hertz was unable to hear anything around him but he soon spotted a flash of orange charge up the stairs to great him. Hertz pulled out his sidearm to take aim at the henchmen but the weapon was silently knocked aside before the two clashed.Hertz was thrown against the railing of the stair case to lean dangerously over the nine floors. With his broken arm he sent a week punch to the side of the agent and pushed him aside. Although the attack was not powerful it had enough energy to cause pain to the man’s kidney and send him sprawling down a flight of stairs to the next landing.It was at that moment that the fright knight attacked from the nearby doorway. With a silent battle cry his sword swept through the air and collided with the mettle railing above Hertz’s head. The elite agent ducked out of the way to reach for his gun but slammed in the back by the butt fright knight’s sword. Hertz rolled aside and sent out a kick to the chest of the man and pushed him against the railing of the stairway.The sword came down again but Hertz grabbed the knight’s arm with his good arm and twisted the weapon out of the man’s grasp. The blade tumbled down the staircase in muteness and Hertz pushed forward with all his might.The knight let out a silent scream as he was flipped over the railing and disappeared into blackness below.Then a shockwave pushed Hertz against the wall of the stairway. The Inferno agent had recovered enough to open fire with his sonic screamer but had a perplexed look on his face when Hertz was not incapacitated by the noise.Orderly the sound from a sonic screamer was enough to bring a man to his knees but the only effect on Hertz was having the wind knocked out of him. The agent fired again but Hertz did not scream in agony at the sound.The elite agent rolled down the wall and reached for his gun but the sonic screamer was thrown and collided with his face. The inferno agent was once again upon him and a short fist fight ensued. The attack was viscous and relatively one sided considering Hertz only could properly move his right hand but he had enough success pushing the henchmen against the wall.A kick to the gut send Hertz reeling backwards and up the next flight of stairs. He looked up at the henchmen and his lips moved to say a one-liner that was probably original and well thought out. The sentiment was lost on Hertz as he reached for the sonic screamer and blasted the henchmen threw the ninth floor dour and threw a layer of adjacent drywall. His legs gave a spasm of pain before they lay still.Hertz let out a sigh of relief. Both men were dead and he had taken their lives. It was the first time he had done such a thing and the sensation was not pleasant. The shock of the actions would take a while to set in he hoped it would not happen until after the battle. He still had a lot of work to do, he could not afford to grieve.Naomi put a hand on his shoulder and the elite agent flinched. They had to keep moving and could not afford to stay in the staircase forever. He retrieved his sidearm and shouldered the sonic screamer, four more floors to go and they would reach the 13th level.Thirteen thought Hertz. Unlucky number. Great.He pushed the recent killing aside and continued up the flight of stairs to the teleportation pad. He opened the door and found the pad just as it should be. From the top of the base Hertz could see the battle with his own eyes and viewed the fires burning all over the city. Rain continued to pour down on the dismal figure present all around.Rex, General, Specs, Graybeard, Frozeen, Gromtin, and Dr. Cybrog turned to face him in the downpour“ELITE AGENT HERTZ.” Said Hertz in what he hoped was a normal voice. “REPORTING FOR DUTY.”OoC:That fight was incredibly irrelevant but I wanted to do a casino royal type staircase battle to show Hertz is getting to be better at fighting.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: I don't have time for an IC right now, but I think we ought to compile a list of everyone currently present in the Lab:-Rex-General-Frozeen-Greybeard-Gromtin-Hertz-Carver-Rotor-Shaw-Hale-Buffy-Spike-Harris-Baldrick-LanceYou guys can expand on the list if you want.

OOC:I thought everyone was still on the roof.IC:Catless was firing the Xenon launcher almost constantly, and they weren't even in the thickest of the Mutant Dinos. Laxus was driving, and he finally drove onto a deserted street to fix a couple of bricks that were peeling off, which would have made the Fire Hammer fall apart. Pterisa was able to defend the Hammer by herself, so Catless hopped off to check the swivel for the gun. It was fine, but she heard a cry for help in a familiar voice."I'll be back in a minute, Pterisa. If I need help, I'll call," Catless said."Okay, but don't be too long. If I have to, I'll get you myself," Pterisa replied.Catless ran off, but not before selecting a Cosmotronic Ray from the mini-armory they ran in the back of the cab. She ran a few buildings down the street, then went down the alley the cry came from.She realized it was a good thing she grabbed the Cosmotronic Ray, for leaning over a woman on the ground was a snarling Mutant Raptor. Catless whipped the gun up to her shoulder and fired a shot in the Mutant Raptor's eye. It hit, and was a lethal shot.The Raptor fell with a cry, and Catless ran to the woman on the ground. She looked familiar. With a sinking feeling, she recognized Elizabeth "Contest" Cyrista."Ah, Catless......good......to see you again......I think," Contest broke off with a cough. Catless glanced down and saw the flesh over Contest's heart and lungs had been burned into with Mutant Lizard acid. They both knew the wound was fatal, and neither was going to waste breath pretending it wasn't."Catless, I'm glad......you're the last......face I see......Tell Matthew......that I've heard......and seen......his exploits with......XERRD and Dino Attack......Tell him......I'm proud of him......for redeeming himself......Catless, I lost my last contest......with that Mutant Lizard......But I've won......the contest of life......I see heaven......I've finally won the best contest to win. Catless, tell Matthew I'll miss him and goodbye......Goodby, Catless."Contest trailed off as she breathed her last and died. Catless stood up and rearranged Contest's body to look peaceful in death. She looked around, and her expression hardened. She had lost so many in the Dino Attack. Her mother, father, little sister, and friends. But the most recent deaths always hurt the most. She had lost her best friend, and a close friend's sister at the same time.She walked back towards the newly-repaired Fire Hammer, put the Cosmotronic Ray back in the cab, climbed up on the turret, and activated the Xenon Multi-Mode launcher."Let's go," she coldly told Pterisa and Laxus."Catless, what's wrong?" Pterisa asked, having become Catless's friend from chatting while shooting."I lost my best friend, who happens to be Dr. Cyborg's sister, and I have to tell him later. I'm a little ticked at the Mutant Dinos right now, so let's get fighting," she replied.Laxus complied and drove back into the fray, Catless warming up the Xenon's energy mode all the while.OOC:Energy mode is the green bombs in the set, that Ghost got shot with back on Adventurer's Island.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:I thought everyone was still on the roof.
OOC: Not quite. I think the idea was that the roof was being used as an entrance point. Because Firecracker damaged most of the base, so agents who are already outside (so anyone on the battlefield that isn't hiding in the basement or already inside the building) is being airlifted to the roof, through which they can get inside and work their way to the lab much faster.IC: Another mutant lizard cried in pain as Firecracker tossed another stick of dynamite it's way. He chuckled, then reached into his coat, only to realize to his shock, there was no more dynamite left; he'd used up all his sticks. Clearly there was only one solution- to go to the armoury and get some more- or even better, just blow up the armoury, either way would theoretically work, but then he was stopped by the sound of a gun cock."That's enough," said the gruff voice Firecracker recognized as Clint Wayne. He'd seen this man's shooting skills and without any explosives to utilize he had no real way of fighting back."Now I want you to open your coat, nice and slow."Firecracker turned, and slowly opened his jacket. Nothing was there- yet."Good," Clint said, placing a cigar in his mouth. "I'd like you to come with me."OOC: I'm trying to decide if I should bring Snake back into the action. If anyone has any suggestions for how (other than him spontaneously having a change of heart and deciding to return) I'm open to hearing them.

OOC: You know, that guy, your posts remind me just how unnerving it would be to have all sound suddenly swept away from you. I can hardly stand to sit around without at least the TV on creating background noise. Having nothing at all is...eugh.I don't think there will be any oppertunities for Zach to ship Vinyaya and Cyborg together, avmatoran. He only brought that conversation back up because of Nazareno and Zelda and it was probably the last brief moment on mostly none action post.But thankfully, I can hear. Most notably the music track "Rainbow Dash Theme" by RainbowCrash88, seeing as it fits the character this post involves. Either that or listening to people audition for the role of Laurey or Ado Annie in Oklaholma!.IC:Raine Dashworthy soared over the battlefield that was LEGO City in her Agents supersonic jet. She loved to fly, and loved to fly fast. She might have considered dropping out of the Agents Defense Organization for the Dino Attack Team when this apocalypse began, but only have slow-moving and clunky T-1 Typhoons as air vehicles didn't suit her style.She had spent the bulk of the battle flying overhead taking out Mutant Pterosaurs and Inferno aircraft. Occasionally she'd swoop down and bomb the bricks out of the Maelstrom's ground forces and in one case, under the request of an old agent friend by the name of Zachary Virchaus, a XERRD outpost that hosted a man that had killed Thaddeus Brickhouse. Raine was disappointed to hear that not only did the man survive, but took over XERRD. Sure, he allied with the Dino Attack Team, but that doesn't change the fact he killed Thad.With the new arrivals in the form of Fright Knight windships and Maelstrom Dragons, Raine made sure to stay in the sky. It was a losing battle. Raine quickly decided the best way to scatter the Fright Knight forces was to take out the massive windship commanded by Willa the Witch herself. The witch wasn't making it easy. She had the largest Maelstrom Dragon Raine had seen so far holding the witch's ship in the air and it blasted destructive purple flames at any ship that strayed too close. Additionally, the witch could ram her ship into a helicopter with the two halberds jutting out from the front of the cruiser. Willa the Witch also used her own magic to form a shield around the Windship and to attack her enemies.So Raine had decided to gather up a group of Agent jet pilots to take down the wicked witch's windship. Colonel Score, one of the Agents' commanding jet pilots was killed barely half an hour ago after a nasty run-in with Dr. Rex himself. Agent Chase had seen fit to promote Raine to Colonel to maintain some order amongst the jet pilots. Raine wasn't much of a commander, but her loyalty to Chase opted her to take the position. Plus, Colonel Dashworthy sounded rather good to her."Is everyone accounted for?" Raine called out over her comm."Righto," called Gilda."Let's do this," said Soarin."I've seen worse," said Spitfire."Let's sink this hag!" said Cloudchaser."Here," muttered Rapidfire."YEAH!" screamed Snowflake."HUZZAH!" Nightmare roared."Okay," Raine said irritably, cleaning out her ears. "Quiet it down a bit, Nightmare and Snowflake. Otherwise, let's do this!" All eight pilots cheered as they slingshotted around the burning tower that was the Dino Attack Headquarters and started flying toward Willa the Witch's windship. "Fire!"Eight pairs of laser blasts shot out from the squadron and on to the windship. Only a few shots made contact before a purple orb casted by the witch surrounded the windship reflected the rest. "Evasive action!" Raine yelled. Her jet spun and dived low as blasts of Maelstrom started streaking toward them. Cloudchaser was hit in the nose and her ship went spiraling into a building."Oh no you don't, foul hag!" Nightmare roared. She dived her solid black jet underneath the windship. As Willa the Witch lowered the defenses, Nightmare flipped around and fired a missile, striking the back of the windship and causing a fiery, purple explosion. "HA! YOUR DAMAGE HAS BEEN DOUBLED!" roared Nightmare."Cool it!" Raine said tersely. "She is still packing some firepower." With the back of her boat now in flames, Willa the Witch had the boat turn to face the seven remaining jets. While she doused the flames with magic, the Maelstrom Dragon carrying her boat roared loudly and began breathing massive arcs of purple fire. "Watch it!" Raine commanded, spinning her jet to avoid the blasts.Raine brought her jet in a wide arc around the ship. She swore as she watched Soarin's jet get nabbed in the dragon's maw and was chewed and burnt up to a crisp. The dragon then throw the jet across the air until it collided with Snowflake's jet. Both jets went tumbling to the ground in a fiery explosion. Biting her lower lip in annoyance, Raine fired two missiles at the straps holding the dragon to the boat.One missile found its mark. The boat suddenly tipped sideways as the dragon struggled to carry the boat. Raine saw Willa the Witch rise into the air on her broomstick and redirect the missile into Spitfire's jet, turning his jet into a fireball. The witch than began to repair the strap with her magic."She's distracted! Give her your worst!" Raine barked. She, Nightmare, Rapidfire, and Gilda opened fire both with lasers and missiles. The witch quickly formed a shield around her and her ship and continued to repaire the strap. The ship was soon completely functional again and more blasts of Maelstrom energy and fire began to whiz around the pilots. "Blast!""How do we take this dweeb?" Gilda snapped irritably."I have an idea," Rapidfire muttered. "Let me try something.""Rapidfire! What are you doing?" Raine demanded. Willa the Witch lowered her energy shield again. At this point, Raine assumed that using the magic and Maelstrom sapped energy out of the witch, which was why she couldn't hold it for long. Fire shot out of the back of Rapidfire's jet as he shot straight for the witch's ship. Willa the Witch blasted away his engine with her wand. Rapidfire maintained her altitude long enough to get near the ship before she nosedived directly on to the ship's bridge. An explosion engulfed the entire ship. Raine, Nightmare, and Gilda fired everything they could at the ship and its dragon engine.A rocket finally exploded near the dragon's throat. It bellowed in anger before its wings stopped flapping. It fell into the explosion and the ship began to fall into the city. It collided into the ground with the loudest explosion Raine had ever heard. Purple flames consumed an entire city block and left nothing but rubble and charred corpses."Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead!" Raine cheered through the comm, elated.. She felt Rapidfire's sacrifice was a bit unnecessary, but he had been willing to go out to save the planet."Not quite," Gilda grumbled. A small purple orb was rising out of the chaos. It then shot toward a T-1 Typhoon with a black star painted on its hull. An explosion rocked the helicopter and sent into tumbling into the ground. A loud, sinister cackled echoed through the city."Get out!" Raine yelled. Taking out the windship had not improved their chances. The witch was faster and the only thing she had to defend herself. Raine turned her head and gasped as the witch's Maelstrom orb shot through the nose of Gilda's jet. The jet exploded instantly and crashed into a nearby building.Raine's radar beeped erratically. Willa the Witch was coming for her next. Raine sped up considerably as the witch followed. Despite the jet's speed, the witch was quickly gaining on her. Raine turned sharply and moved down low near the rooftops of several buildings. She slowed down considerable and kicked off the glass containing her in the cockpit. Her multicolored hair whipping against her face, Raine saw Willa the Witch zooming toward her. Looking down at the rooftops below, Raine made a quick prayer before leaping out of the jet.Raine combat rolled as she collided with the rooftop to absorb the damage she was taking. She finally tumbled on to her back, her body aching all over and her head spinning. Slowly climbing to her feet, Raine watched as the witch ran through the jet horizontally, splitting it into two and sending them hurtling to the ground. Raine breathed in relief. The witch though she was dead. A pang of guilt then washed over Raine. An entire squad was dead because her assault on the witch that only made things worse. Only Nightmare was still flying.However, Willa the Witch was not looking for Nightmare. Her purple orb fading away, the witch was flying on her broomstick for Dino Attack Headquarters. Raine Dashworthy grimaced as she pulled a small pistol from her belt. That hag was going to bust up the headquarters more than it already was. Unfortunately, that's going to have to be someone else's fight. Raine waved her hands over her head, hoping to attract the attention of a helicopter. If nothing came, she would have to join the fight on the ground."Then it will be time to take out some nasty, reptilian trash," Raine Dashworthy smirked.

OOC: I also found Thunderstruck by AC/DC to work well with that post, Brikman. And now that I think about it, the music from the attack on the Death Star in Star Wars Episode IV could work well too. Those Agent pilots certainly went down as quickly as most of the rebel pilots in that battle.IC: "Wo-hoah! Giant purple ball coming through!""Keep HQ defended, Bain! We're not leaving the other Elites as sitting ducks!""You have my assurance, Semick, I'll stay on the job to the end." "Oh my good! Is someone recording Cyrista's Bane fighting that Inferno Mech! It's a battle for the ages! Nobody should be missing this moment of awesome!""Don't mess with Johnny bricking Gat, witches!""Isn't anyone concerned about Willa heading towards HQ?!""This is for what you lizards did to my family reunion at the Hotel Denouement!""She's an old woman on a broom. I don't care how much magic she has, she's easy pickings.""I don't care if there a powerful wizard, a scientist with a death ray, or a baker with a super-spicy-tongue-melting-jail-cell-door-opening-hot pizza! You support these monsters, you're dead meat, plain and simple!"------------Usually, a person would find some level of fatigue from climing stairs for a building that goes over even a mere seven stories or so. But Andrew wasn't among them. A long battle full of lots of running, dodging, and survival made one's body a lot less susceptible to fatigue. Stairs were hardly a challenge.That didn't mean he was rushing, though. Kate and her mother were following close behind, though at a slower pace. Andrew kept an eye on them as he went, stopping to wait when they needed a quick break themselves.Andrew still didn't know if they were going to go ahead and join them in the final battle, or go ahead to Antarctica, but knew at least that it would be best for them to be helped up, if only to be more comforted by the idea of joining. He hoped the other Elite Agents would be okay with it.The travel up the stairs was slow going, but the did cover floors fast. Barely five minutes after meeting each other, the group reached the thirteenth floor. And as Andrew opened the door, he was greeted by the grim reminder of how much damage had been done.Up here, damage seemed to be most notable externally. Many walls and parts of the roof had caved in, leaving some cooridors blocked by landing pad debris. As they went through the floor, Andrew even noted that the area of Specs office had been flattened. Debris cared not for the importance of anyone to anybody. Besides rain, nothing was fortunately hitting the roof thanks to the remaining T-1 defenders, though only time could tell how long that lasted.Andrew quickly found the open door to the sight of the busted lab and Teleport Pad. It was a busy area, and not just due to the incoming loads of evacs being pulled in by Dino Air Trackers. Plenty of agents had already arrived, including Rex, Hotwire, Frozeen Reptile, Greybeard, Hertz, Dr. Cyborg, Tail, all the Founding Members, and several Standard Agents Andrew didn't quite recognize off the top of his head."Andrew, glad you could make it," said Hotwire, who was currently in the midst of a conversation with Rex and Reptile."Yeah, I had to come in by the hangers," the LEGO Islander remarked. "That was quite an experience." He turned to Rex. "Rex, I heard about what happened through the comn chatter. You have all my sympath-""Save it for now," Rex said sternly, "we have more important matters to deal with." The agent looked up to see Kate and Mrs. Bishop behind Andrew. "Oh, Kate. And Mrs. Bishop. Glad to see you two could finally join us. Or are you leaving for Antarctica?""Watch your tone," Mrs. Bishop muttered. "And the answer is wholly up to Kate."Andrew stared at his fellow agent of a similiar age. She looked a bit shaken by what she had seen up on this floor, but looked to still be weighting her options. "Take your time," he said to her, "but I'm sure we'll need an answer soon."He turned back to his fellow Elites. "So what's going on right now?""Specs is waiting for everyone to arrive," said Reptile, "but the gist of it is that we're going to need to help with fixing a device that could prove key to stopping the Mutant Dinos through their Maelstrom connection." The scientist pointed to a missile-like device being held in Spec's arms, which was flashing with blue lights. "Though I understand that we're on a time limit, so I hope everyone gets here in time.""Well, Semick doesn't seem to be wanting to leave the battlefield," said Andrew, "So judging from all the people here, I guess only Zach and Minerva are left?""Seems like it," said Hotwire, looking around. "I hope he hurries up, though I hear they just went through some harsh business regarding Minerva's mother.""Her brother's still out there, and I think he went nuts. So there's a chance he could cause delays for them.""They better handle them quickly," Rex remarked, looking out into the sky towards the battlefield. "I hate to be kept waiting at a time like this."

OOC: I apologize for my really short posts lately. I've just moved into residence and haven't had as much time to think about them as I'd like.IC: "This is all well and good," replied Spike, casually. "But what about the increasing number of mutant dinosaurs breaking into here? Oh builder, I can't believe I just said that!"At that moment, Buffy turned toward one of her comrades, a young red-haired woman. She looked nervous and terrified. "I don't think I can do it," replied the red-haired woman."Look, I understand," replied Buffy. "But these are desperate circumstances, Willow. Isn't there some sort of spell you can work out or something?""First a vampire, now a witch," Hale muttered to herself in a semi-sarcastic tone. "What's next?""Oh come on!" Replied another woman in a somewhat strangely optimistic tone. "I understand, Anya," replied Willow nervously. "I might be able to do something. Maybe some kind of shielding spell or something.""Wait, you can do that?" Lance asked as he turned toward her. "Than why the znap didn't you do that while we were trapped in that house?""Because I try not to use magic too much," replied Willow. "Only when I need it! We still had guns and supplies, and ammunition so we did okay."OOC: I think that's the cast of Buffy expies complete (I'm probably not going to put in Tara due to the whole lesbian thing in the show; I already got a homosexual relationship and I'm thinking of leaving it at that). Now all we need is Giles...

OOC: Just letting everyone know that, unfortunately, the prophecies have come true.If you've been wondering about why I haven't been posting as frequently this past week, it's because this coming Wednesday is the day I've been anticipating (with a mixture of excitement and dread), the day that will most likely shake up my ability to be on BZPower for a long time. Moving day. This past week (and well into tomorrow), I've been cleaning up around the house and packing up my things, and on Wednesday, I move out to a brand new beginning.Unfortunately, that means I don't know when (I promise you, "when" - not "if") I'll be able to post IC next. Maybe things will look pretty good and I can be back on track by Thursday or Friday... but knowing my luck, I'm not betting on that. Instead, I'm willing to gamble that it may take some time to get my life rescheduled, and BZPower might need to be temporarily sacrificed in the meantime.The usual rules stand: don't kill Rex, don't defeat Dr. Rex, yadda yadda yadda until my return. But in all other areas (i.e. the repairing of the Einstein Device*, the battle against the Mutant Dinos and the Inferno mech and the Fright Knights, etc.), do not feel obligated to wait for me. I'll be back, I promise... but I don't want everything to come to a standstill until my return.*Just one little note about that. Feel free to repair the damage and improve its Maelstrom-targeting programming, but there is one question in regards to the device that I would prefer to remain unanswered for reasons that will become clear in the future: To destroy Maelstrom, you need Imagination. Where will the Einstein Device find that Imagination?

OOC: Heh, I hadn't expected to kill them all off. I only intended to kill Gilda. Then I went overboard.IC:"MINERVA!" Oswald roared, firing several more rounds into the Fire Hammer. Zach could see the absolute madness in Oswald's eyes. He was gone, there was no doubt. He clearly had no problem shooting his sister now.Vinyaya wasted no time in operating the Xenon Launcher from the dashboard controls. She fired several blasts at Oswald, who fled behind a wrecked vehicle. "Megabloks," Vinyaya muttered. "Oh, well. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to get rid of him.""Elite Agent Zachary!" radio suddenly said. "Our Dino Air Tracker is here. Are you ready to get lifted up?"Zach grimaced. "Just a second," he replied. He looked back out the window and immediately ducked as Oswald began firing again. Vinyaya turned the Xenon Launcher and fired several blasts at the rogue Dino Attack agent. Oswald screamed in frustration and went back into his hiding place. "I don't think it's going to be that easy," Zach told the Space Police officer."We're wasting time!" Vinyaya snapped. "The longer we wait here, the sooner Dr. Rex and his armies get here! Why won't-" Vinyaya stopped to fire at Oswald again. "-he die?""Because he wants Minerva," Zach said with a hiss. "To kill her. He's gone completely insane." Vinyaya was silent, trying to come up with a plan."I'll take him."Zach turned his head toward Minerva. She was staring out the window to the point where Oswald was hiding. Her face was still extremely pale and a look of grim acceptance was on her face. "Minerva, you can't take him alone. He's gone. He'll kill you, no matter what you say.""I know." Minerva's voice was growing increasingly colder."We have to get to the thirteenth floor and-""Zach, they need you because of your Maelstrom knowledge and power. My job would be to defend the HQ long enough to get this 'Einstein Device' working, I'm sure of it. They need you up there, not me. This is your real chance to get a crack at not only Dr. Rex, but the Darkitect. Besides, this...I just have to do this."Zach stared at Minerva, who gave him a hard look back. She wasn't going to budge, no matter how much he persisted. It felt a slight knot form in his stomach. He couldn't let her go and get murdered by her brother. He was mad. He wouldn't hold back. He wouldn't stop to listen to Minerva reason with him. He would kill her. Zach knew it was a bad idea, but he could feel himself giving in."Fine," Zach said flatly. Then, "You said you couldn't kill him-""I'll work something out," Minerva said grimly. "You need to trust me. I have to do this." Zach swallowed painfully. He nodded slowly. "I'll make it back. I promise." Her voice didn't waver, believing truly in that sentiment. Regardless, Zach was still on age. Unlike his feelings after being kidnapped by Oswald, he truly felt this could be the last time he saw her."I-I..." he stammered, trying think of something to say. Then, without realizing it, Zach leaned forward and kissed her. Minerva flinched in surprise, but quickly kissed back. They stayed in that position for several seconds until:"What did I say?" Vinyaya snapped irritably. "The end of the world is knocking on our doorstep!" Zach pulled away from Minerva, who was blinking rapidly in surprise. Some color had returned to her face."Huh. Usually I'm the one that has to kiss you," Minerva said, a small, curious smile on his face."Yep." And with that, Zach crawled into the backseat and got close to a passenger door. "Dino Air Tracker crew! Change of plans. I'm still coming up, but the Fire Hammer isn't. Will that work?""If you hold on tight!" the agent responded. Zach nodded and then quickly looked at Vinyaya, trying to tell her silently to stay with Minerva. Vinyaya nodded as she climbed into the driver seat and Minerva moved to the passenger seat."If we all make it through this, I'm getting you and Bluetooth together, Vinyaya. No matter what."Vinyaya rolled her eye and smiled faintly. "I'll be counting on it. Get ready." Commander Vinyaya turned the Fire Hammer in Oswald's direction. As it began to drive toward him, Zach jumped out of the Fire Hammer and started running toward the Dino Air Tracker. He jumped on to the support that was connected to the Dino Air Tracker by a hook and grabbed on to chain connected to the hook. Zach gestured to one of the agents hanging out from the hull to take off. Soon, the Dino Air Tracker was rising into the air.Zach counted the floors as they passed. He was at the ninth floor when he heard a strange screeching. He turned and saw purple orb hurting straight toward the helicopter. Zach could tell the agents aboard the helicopter could probably tell the orb was coming toward them by the panicked but indistinguishable voices coming from the hull. No weapons at all. This thing is seriously a sitting duck. He heard the sound of conventional gunfire come from the hull. The bullets merely bounced off the orb like they were drops of rain. Zach saw exactly where there was going.Zach let go of the chain and ran at Dino Attack Headquarters. He leaped from the support as the orb collided with helicopter. The helicopter exploded in a red and purple explosion. He managed to latch his right hand over a broken windowsill as the purple orb blasted through the headquarters, knocking stone, metal, plastic, glass, and the occasional agent from the building on to a long descent to the ground.Thank Builder I can't feel pain with my right hand. Or bleed. Nazareno knew how to design prosthetics to act completely like the limbs they replaced. One thing he did change was to get rid of the ability to feel pain from that hand. If Zach had an organic hand, Zach would've at least winced over his hand being cut up by broken shards of glass. He ducked his head and allowed the debris to fall to the ground. When the debris fall decreased to a trickle, Zach reached carefully up with his left hand and pulled himself on to the windowsill.Zach looked down below at the wrecked Dino Air Tracker, a mix of normal and Maelstrom flames consuming it. He looked to his right hand. The glove was torn up, but his hand was fine otherwise. He glanced at his left hand as he pulled right glove. Not to many cuts. He lucked out.He jumped down into the room connected to the window. The ceiling had caved in and debris was everywhere. Zach coughed as he pushed his way past a crumbling door archway. He glanced around the hallway briefly.Where did I stop count? Ah, ten. Tenth floor. Not bad. He could probably climb the rest of the way up. He made his way to the eleventh floor before he looked out through a gaping hole facing the rest of the city (and battle). He saw the purple orb floating, which faded away to a woman in black robes and a pointed hat sitting on a broomstick.Willa the Witch. Zach scowled. He had heard the witch's exploits in Castle Cove and her defeat by the hands of King Race and Lord Vladek. She had her magic enhanced with the Maelstrom. Rather alike powerwise, aren't we? Zach raised his hand and pointed his palm at the witch. A Maelstrom fireball erupted in his hand and he threw it as hard as he could at the witch.Willa turned her head quickly enough to dodge the blast. She searched the Dino Attack Headquarters quickly before spotting Zach and flying up to him. "You!" she sneered. "You did that! How did you do that?!""It doesn't really matter," Zach hissed. "What matters is that your Maelstrom hijinks are at an end, witch." His tone became more sincere, perhaps even concerned. "You do not truly control the Maelstrom. Heck, I barely can control it, Once you've helped flatten this building and killed the rest of the population of the planet, you will be disposed off, just like Dr. Rex."Willa the Witch raised an eyebrow. "I plan to conqueror those weaklings in that barren wasteland!" the witch cackled. "Dr. Rex can be disposed of easily. Dr. Inferno as well, once I'm finished using him.""You're being manipulated by the Maelstrom. You will destroy until you are destroyed." His word had no effect on the Fright Knight leader. She floated away and waved her wand at him. A fiery streak of Maelstrom energy shot out of it and moved toward Zach. Zach gestured the blast away into a Mutant Pterosaur. Willa the Witch gasped and fired several Maelstrom fireballs at him. He redirected each blast into a flying hostile. He then formed his own Maelstrom fireball and fired it at the witch. She swung her wand like a bat and redirected the blast into the building, causing it to shudder. Dust and small pieces of debris fell around him.Zach's confidence began to fade as Willa gave a wide grin. "Can't fire yourself or I'll use it to destroy the building!" the witch cackled with glee. She fired several more blasts at him. He let them hit the ground near his feet as he turned and started to run toward the stairs that led to the twelfth floor. He was about to reach the thirteen floor when Willa the Witch, protected by her purple orb, shot through the stairs, reducing them to rubble.He stumbled back, his hands raised as the witch slowly approached. Zach had no idea what he was needed for to fix the Einstein Device, but if they needed his ability to manipulated the Maelstrom, he needed to save his strength. Willa the Witch wouldn't have it. She pointed her wand and fired a massive blast intended to kill him and destroy the entire floor.Zach slid back hard on his feet as the wall of Maelstrom energy collided with him. He was only stopped by a wall that, for the most part, was still structurally sound. Wind was rushing all around him. Purple sizzling tentacles whipped around him, slicing through columns and walls like they had no clutch power. Zach felt his energy draining away from him rapidly as he repelled the blast back at Willa the Witch. He either needed to get the witch to give, somehow redirect this blast somewhere it wouldn't level the building, or have someone from the thirteenth floor hear the chaos going on below and come to his aid.Zach would've said some witty, 'not backing down' type line, but right now, he could barely think as the witch's power bared down on him. She has Darkitect support. Megabloks. Regardless, Zach stood his ground, trying to come up with a plan.

IC: "Well, if we need more bricks, you can count on me," said Andrew to his fellow Elite agents. "Even in this enviroment, I'm sure we can find all the necessary parts. Though I think we may need to sacrifice the Teleport Pad at some point for some of the parts...""We'll cross that bridge when we get there," said Reptile. "Now once Zach gets up here-""Znap!" Viper suddenly cried out. Everyone turned to see him talking into a radio in the room with concern. "How is he?!... drat, as if Dr. Rex wasn't bad enough... Yes, we'll take care of it.""What was that?" Shadow asked as Viper put the radio down."You that witch that showed up? Willa, I believe? She apparently destroyed Zach's DAC, but he managed to get off. Now the two are fighting their way up in this direction, both of them throwing Maelstrom energy all through the base.""Even with his knack for survival, I doubt he'll be able to handle it well alone," Specs muttered. "Them tearing up this area of the building isn't exactly a good thing either. We need to get him some bac-"The thirteenth floor rumbled from several loud blasts, while from somewhere near the area of the stairways, purple energies were glowing visibly in and out."Save your breath, Specs, we'll get on it," said Shadow. "Digger, Viper, grab a weapon. We're going to show that witch that 'muggles' aren't as inferior to her as she thinks."As the commanding agents grabbed various weapons from a side wall and headed out, Shadow turned to the gathered agents, "And if any of you want to lend a hand, come follow us, though we won't wait for you.""I'm in," said Andrew, drawing his laser rifle. "I'm always ready to come to Zach's defense.""So I've heard," Shadow smirked. "Anyone else?"OOC: Atton, do try to address what you're going to do with Kate and Sarah Bishop at some point. I can't keep them hanging around without them coming to a decision forever.

OoC:Atton, I must say you seem to be adding new characters every other post. Well there is nothing wrong with adding one-scene NPCs for the sake of humor or a references I don't know if the last battle is the best time to go about creating more expys. The problem with creating these new characters in the last battle is they will likely never have a chance to become developed. When creating an expy the result is usually a straw character that only has one defining attribute. When there are so many characters the audience has a hard time focusing on a single character and as a result they stop caring about all of them.You have a bunch of great characters (Rotor, Kate, Sarah, Clint, Pierce, Montoya, and Cabin to name a few) that are original and intriguing. Their character development suffers when new flat characters keep being added and focus is draw away from the interesting ones. As a reader I am drawn away from characters that are a direct copy of an existing character from exsisting fiction. I don’t really care about them because you have not really added your own touch. Rotor and Pierce are some of my favorite characters in the RPG and I wish they would get more focus in this pivotal time. If I were you I would focus on these cool and innovative guys instead of adding more and more and more expys that are uninteresting and unoriginal.I hope that was not too harsh but the incredible number of NPC has been starting to get to me. This is the climax of the story and the cast from Buffy the vampire slayer, John Carpenter’s the Thing, the Big Labowski, and The Black Adder just seem so out of place alongside figures that are established and have come to be accepted. I think PeabodySam hoped to thin the cast to the most famous and well developed characters in this climax. I think you would do well to do the same.I don't believe characters like Spike and Baldrick desurve to be fighting alongside some of the most iconic figures in this RPG's grand history during the battle to end all battles. They just seem so out of place beside the likes of Kate, Kat, and Graybeard.You don’t have to do anything Atton, this was just a pet peeve of mine. It’s just a shame characters we like are being pushed aside in favor of an increasing number of expys.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: Yeah, That Guy has a point.I do find it also a bit odd that you decide to extend the expy-ness by actually making your characters the vampire and witch their regular versions are. It's a bit distracting.You know, back in the day, some of the newer members did attempt to do crossovers to bring in non-LEGO themes, with some of the guys behind Kuru and the Agent X guy trying to bring in some anime about aliens and a video game called the Conduit into the picture. They were a bit too much, and had to be ignored.Now, when PeabodySam's does expies, he's still done it with quite a bit of distance from the original characters, like the SHS not having all the aspects of their TF2 counterparts, the XERRD scientists not exactly acting their video game/TV counterparts in terms of history some aspects of their behavior. Some of Atton's expies, however, don't seem quite unique. Like the way he's writing his Buffy expies, they don't seem quite different enough from the show counterparts, and the vampire/witch thing isn't quite helping.If anything, Atton, I'd try at least to focus more on your main cast, and distance your expies more from their source material or the story limelight. It's better to be able to focus more on your characters, especially your current main character and the young girl who has a story arc going in a positive direction.

OOC: First off, I got to say I found it pretty funny when That Guy went on about how I use to many Expies while supporting Pierce and Rotor (the former of whom drew inspiration from M*A*S*H and the latter of whom was heavily based on Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore, and to be totally honest I don't imagine them looking that much different from their inspirations).To be fair, though, I do see where you're getting at. The strange thing was that I originally planned to stick to the characters I already had. In fact originally I didn't even intend to really bring back any of my Outpost 4 characters (I brought back Copper so we had an extra medic, and I brought back Mac just to have another named pilot, and I thought about bringing back Windows simply because of the possibility that maybe another radio operator might be needed). Shaw was mainly brought in because I wanted to get a Prometheus reference, but to be fair she was doing okay and I think I did an okay job in distancing her from her inspiration (while I do imagine her looking a bit like her inspiration I think her "comfort in faith" dynamic certainly helps keep her distinct from the movie's character).But now that you mention it I only brought in the Buffy expies because of some agent named Giles who of course has nothing to do with Buffy the Vampire Slayer's giles. I think I did an okay job with the Big Lebowski crew, who didn't have that big a role and were mostly a background role even during the big confrontation in the alley they were bowling in. Baldrick on the other hand technically isn't an expy of one character (for those of you who don't know, Blackadder's gimmick is that each season in a different period of history, with the characters in each season being descendants of the previous season, some of whom share characteristics of their ancestors; in this case, each season features a bumbling sidekick named Baldrick)You guys are right, something needs to be done here. I'd suggest maybe we find a way to distract some of those characters, get them out of the room (with the possible exceptions of Lance and Shaw; though I've been meaning to write a post where the latter talks to Pierce about helping up here). Now I just got to find a way to give Pierce a more prominent role...

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:B ran up the stairs, jumping over bits of rubble as he neared the roof of the building. His mind was focused. His plan was terrible. And, with the exception of the one mission in his mind, he felt a large amount of apathy towards everything else around him. It was a technique he had learned back in special forces: block out the rest of the world to do your job better.Well, this isn't even my job right now. This could be counted as desertion, or whatever. I have one shot at this. Tempest, for all I know, might not even go for it. He might not do it. The one variable in a mission, and it's the one that guarantees success. Unacceptable, that's what he'd say. B reached the top of the stairs, and cautiously walked onto the roof. A minifig by the edge of the roof turned and faced him. They regarded each other warily, neither daring to move any more."So," said the minifig, "You've certainly gotten better at avoiding sniper fire.""If you'll recall," said B, "That's one of the things I was actually good at. Either that or you just suck at aiming. I mean, how did you manage to hit perfectly between my feet? That takes some serious skill. Either that or you just were trying to get my attention.""You pick up quick, Kabrinsky.""Ooh, referring to me by my last name! I'm in trouble now!""Now, what do you want, B?""Well," said B," You were the one who invited me here.""Incorrect. I invited you to the diner, where I planned on ambushing and killing you. You must have a reason for coming all the way up here.""Well, the fact that you were trying to kill me does put a damper on my actual plan, Tempest.""And what's your actual plan, B?""Well, you always said to give up when you lose. I thought I might as well give up. You said that if I ever 'straightened out my ideology', you could have a job for me.""You... You're serious.""Dead serious. In fact, here's a piece of tech that just came in from our R&D. Rob said to check it out, and I think you might be interested. Here, catch!"B tossed the remote at Tempest. As it flew through the air, time seemed to slow, and then Tempest caught it, and placed a firm grip on it, pushing the button."Four words, Tempest: Znap off and die."

OOC:Just a quick question, is the Bain Andrewnuva mentioned a different person, or a misspelling of Bane?IC:"I'm in," Dr. Cyborg said, referring to rescuing Zach.------------------------------------------Cortana could tell that Kara was listening to something as she flew the ship, shooting down Mutant Pterosaurs as she went."What are you listening to?" she asked Kara."A motivational speech called 'Get mad! Fight back!' It's quite good. You know, it might help morale to hear it. Cortana, change radio frequency to team-wide and broadcast audio file P2," she said."Yes ma'am," Cortana said as she complied.------------------------------------------"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! Fight back! I don't want your znapping lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am?! I am the man who is going to burn your house down! With lemons! I am going to get my scientists to invent a combustible lemon, and burn your house down with it!""Yeah! Yeah! Burn his house down! I like this guy! He says what we're all thinking!""Hey, what did I say about not using the comms for references?""How dare you! 'Get mad! Fight back!' is so much more than a reference! Hundreds of MP3s of it are sold every day! The entire team's morale will increase from hearing it!""Fine, no references over the comms except 'Get mad! Fight back!'" -------------------------------------------------The Inferno Mech was a tough opponent. Luckily, Bane had not been injured as of yet. For that, Screech was thankful. If he had, she would have been worried for the battle. Definitely the battle. Not for Bane any more than a friend.So far, they had an inventive way to fight. They had torn tall light poles out of the road, and used them as swords! Bane had the advantage in speed and agility, but the Inferno Mech had greater power, and could take more hits. The Mech swung his sword at Bane's head. Screech gasped, or at least as much as a Mutant Pterosaur can gasp, and started to divebomb the Inferno Mech to distract it. Luckily, Bane blocked the swing with his sword. However, the Mech's sword bent around the other due to the force, so they were both useless.Instead of pulling out new ones, they simply changed to hand-to-hand combat. The Inferno Mech ran at Bane, intending to punch him with it's claw. When the claw was a few feet away from his head, Bane grabbed the wrist joint and started to twist the Mech's arm around. When he had twisted it upside down, Bane grabbed the wrist with his other arm, and tossed the Inferno Mech down the street.The Mech slid up against the building and got back up. Bane fired his grappler at the cockpit, intending to break the glass and grab the pilot. At the last moment, the Mech leaned to the right. Bane's grappler slammed into the side of the building, embedding itself into the wall. The Mech pulled it out, and Bane reeled in the slack without thinking. With the chain taut, the Mech was able to use it to sling Bane over an office tower into the next street.As the Mech ran around the building, intending to finish off his prey, Bane was able to get up and recover. Using his arms and grappler, he was able to scale the building he flew over not too long ago. When the Mech got to the side he was expecting to see Bane on, Bane jumped off of the building and onto the torso of the robot. Using his internal furnace, he melted the glass over the cockpit. However, he was thrown off at that moment. He got up and fired his grappler at the pilot, where it got a hold on his neck. Unfortunately, the pilot was able to use that moment to grab Bane's neck using his claw. It was a standoff.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Just an FYI, avmatoran. The pilot of the Inferno Mech is, in fact, Dr. Inferno himself.IC:Suddenly, the blast of Maelstrom shrank away back to Willa the Witch. Zach fell to his knees, panting. He looked up to the witch, who was gasping and holding her wand in shock as she floated on her broomstick. He could see a slight crack on the starhead of the weapon. Much the structure in the floor had been heavily damaged by the Maelstrom."How?" Willa gasped, looking from her wand to Zach. "How can you match my power?!"Zach rose to his feet, dizzy and winded. "I know how to use it. And if you do that again, you are going to kill us all, you moron!" Zach struggled to scream out the end of sentence.Willa the Witch scowled and fired another blast at him. Zach reached out and absorbed the blast in his hand. "Would you quit it?!" Zach said, leaning a metal beam for support. The witch responded with several more blasts of Maelstrom energy, each absorbed by Zach. He felt a painful knot form in his stomach. Too much. He wondered if he absorbed enough, he would be corrupted again. Not willing to bet on it, Zach turned and fired several Maelstrom fireballs out of his hand through the wall in the building and into the rainy sky. The knot faded slightly, allowing Zach to turn around and have the witch fire an electrical streak of energy at him.Zach quickly knocked the blast down and fired another fireball that Willa the Witch tossed through the entire floor of the building, causing the building to sudder and groan in agony as more of its supports were destroyed. Zach growled, growing angrier. The witch cackled madly at his visible frustration and prepared to fire another blast at him.At that moment, several laser blasts struck near Willa the Witch. She gasped and formed a protective shield around her, deflecting the rest of the fire. At that point, Zach could see at least Shadow, Viper, Digger, Andrew, and Dr. Cyborg jump down to the floor, weapons raised at the Fright Knight witch."More agents?" The witch sneered, rising higher into the air to the tip of her hair almost brushed against the ceiling. "So be it!" Willa the Witch spun in the air, waving her wand. A circle of Maelstrom energy shot out from around her and struck ever agent present and caused even more damage.Zach laid on the ground, his head spinning and throbbing dully against his skull. As he pulled himself to his feet, he could see the other agents doing the same. The witch was screaming in anger as she looked at her wand."Why aren't you dead?" Willa complained angrily, almost like a child. "That blast should have killed you all! You should be dead! Why aren't you dead!" Zach looked at the witch's wand again. The crack on her wand had a weak glow to it and it seemed to growing. The wall of Maelstrom energy Willa had thrown at him that he had reflected earlier had severely damaged her wand. Her power was weakening.Zach cracked his knuckles. He had back up now and the witch's power was weakened severely. He smirked coldly. The odds had been evened.OOC: Feel free to include any more characters into this confrontation.

OOC: I guess this takes place just before Andrew left.IC: "I think we might have a few too many people in here," Rotor said as he turned toward the crew. "Lance, you stay here, a couple guns will do us good. The rest of you, get outside, keep an eye out for anyone approaching. If nothing else it might buy us a bit of time!""Alright," replied Spike. He turned toward the door, and one by one Buffy, Baldrick, Harris, Willow, Anya, and the others stepped out of the room. Then Andrew turned toward Kate. "You decided yet?"Kate looked at him nervously. It took her a moment of stuttering to get the words out, her eyes struggling to contain her fear. "I- I- I'm going to say," she said. "I don't know how much help I can be but I figure an extra hand can't hurt, can it?"OOC: Short post I know, but that gets rid of the excess characters, and takes care of Kate's situation (she's still allowed to be a bit scared, right?). I'm thinking Shaw and Hale are still there (though if possible I'll try and get Pierce to show up), but otherwise it's just the characters I already had there.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Atton, Andrew's already left the room. Might try editing him out or set it just moments before or something.IC: "Euh, that's why I hated working in Castle Cove," Digger muttered quietly as he recovered from Willa's blast. "Too unpredictable.""Well, they may know a lot about magic," Andrew replied, "but I'm betting that they couldn't handle combat Especially in a state of mind like hers. She seems to be losing it.""Her wand seems busted from the blast I threw back at her," Zach added. "I'd say the odds are more even for us now.""That would make her nothing more than a particularly strong pest that needs exterminating," said Shadow. "Spread out, we'll overwhelm her with numbers."The stairway walls, along with several other walls on the tenth floor, were extremely blown out by the fight, making it easy for Andrew and the rest of his Dino Attack colleagues to split up and take cover. Screeching mad, Willa took after them.Andrew took cover behind an only-just stable column and took a look at what the witch did. She first went after Dr. Cyborg, appearing to be acting on the instinctual "Magic vs. Science" grudge. The scientist was resisting most of her weaker Maelstrom blasts thanks to his cybernetic build, and was throwing EMP Sonic Scream shots at her when she was leaving herself open. Resisting the blasts and focusing her attention on the cyborg robbed her awareness long enough for Andrew to take a shot at her with his laser rifle, barely missing her but at least taking her hat off."You dare take off my hat?!" she cried. "YOU MUST DIE!"She threw a fireball at him, which Andrew jumped out of the way of. The blast hit the column he was behind, putting a dent and scorch mark in it, but not leaving it destoryed or on fire. The weakening of her wand and good fireproofing could be thanks for that.In a rage, she flew at Andrew, but was knocked to the side as a Z-1 Kinetic Launcher shot was made at her, and the witch barely held onto her broom. Viper stepped closer from behind a desk of a ruined dormitory room and took another shot. Willa was ready for this one, and managed to make another protective shield as she got back on her broom. Andrew noted that she was knocked back slightly even with the shield, the blast managing to pierce it slightly."Hey, remember me?" Zach cried out to Willa near the stairway. She turned and screamed again as she fired several Maelstrom blasts at him. In the moment Zach deflected them out the hole in the stairway roof, a Cosmotronic Ray hit Willa dead in the chest, stunning her long enough for Viper to hit her again and knock the witch right off her broom. The enchanted cleaning tool floated for only a moment before it fell to the floor."I never miss!" Digger cried out as he came charging for the broom. Willa reacted quickly, hitting him with a fireball he only barely managed to jump under. The only damage was fire catching on the back of his uniform, which he made a quick effort to roll over to smother. However, this left him vulnerable to a Maelstrom blast that knocked him several feet away.Willa cackled again and turned to grab her broom, only to be hit by Andrew's laser rifle fire, Shadow's Sonic Screamer, Dr. Cyborg's EMP Screamer, and Viper's Z-1 Kinetic Launcher. With a cry of pain, she was knocked to the ground again, though her hand still had a tight grip on her wand, in spite of its weakened state.Shadow approached her broom and grabbed it. As the witch got up, she barely noticed the other agents having her guns drawn on her as she watched the Founding Member glare at her and split the broom in two on his knee."Welcome back down to Earth, witch," said Shadow.OOC: Dunno if it would've taken more than that to break Willa's broom, but what the heck, I couldn't resist doing that last bit.

OOC: Just letting everyone know that, unfortunately, the prophecies have come true.If you've been wondering about why I haven't been posting as frequently this past week, it's because this coming Wednesday is the day I've been anticipating (with a mixture of excitement and dread), the day that will most likely shake up my ability to be on BZPower for a long time. Moving day. This past week (and well into tomorrow), I've been cleaning up around the house and packing up my things, and on Wednesday, I move out to a brand new beginning.Unfortunately, that means I don't know when (I promise you, "when" - not "if") I'll be able to post IC next. Maybe things will look pretty good and I can be back on track by Thursday or Friday... but knowing my luck, I'm not betting on that. Instead, I'm willing to gamble that it may take some time to get my life rescheduled, and BZPower might need to be temporarily sacrificed in the meantime.The usual rules stand: don't kill Rex, don't defeat Dr. Rex, yadda yadda yadda until my return. But in all other areas (i.e. the repairing of the Einstein Device*, the battle against the Mutant Dinos and the Inferno mech and the Fright Knights, etc.), do not feel obligated to wait for me. I'll be back, I promise... but I don't want everything to come to a standstill until my return.*Just one little note about that. Feel free to repair the damage and improve its Maelstrom-targeting programming, but there is one question in regards to the device that I would prefer to remain unanswered for reasons that will become clear in the future: To destroy Maelstrom, you need Imagination. Where will the Einstein Device find that Imagination?
OOC: Hey... it's moving day for me as well!Same applies, which is why I'm posting this now rather than later. It's the last real idea I had for the final battle itself... maybe when I get a chance I'll make a few more Reptile posts working on the Einstein device, but no guarantees.Incidentally, if anyone actually understands half of the stories and events I reference in the post below without the help of the wiki, I'll be very impressed. :PIC:Magma glared at the battle before him, as if by observing it intently enough he would be able to change it. Unfortunately, the observer effect didn’t actually work like that, but at this point Magma would be willing to try pretty much anything.Specs’ order had just come over the comm line. They had lost. DA was giving up- or was it? They were evacuating everyone and preparing some sort of superweapon in what little was left of DA HQ.The Iron Hammer had fought well, and accounted for many a Mutant Dino, but it simply had not been enough. Maybe if they had finished work on the hangar bays, if they had had a few more of these ships, if the Voltage had been there… maybe then, but as it stood they simply did not have enough firepower.A handful of T-1 Typhoons had formed up around the airship, seeking shelter- certainly, every Dino in range was much more likely to attack the massive, deadly airship than much smaller helicopters.The rest of the vehicles were either clustering around HQ, buying time, or were fleeing.Then, Magma spotted a lone T-1 emerge from the cloud of vehicles still around HQ and dive into the enemy swarms. Just when he was sure it would be destroyed, it dove back out of the Pterosaur swarms, cutting a path through them with radar rays. It circled back to the tower, and then emerged again for another potentially suicidal attack.He thought he recognized something in that maneuver, something... well, he barely dared to hope. But before he could open a channel to the pilot his attention was abruptly occupied by a large Pterosaur swarm attempting to knock the airship out of the sky.***Coral- Glacier- cursed his bravado.Once upon a time, he would have retreated, left the battle, and joined the winning faction. Once upon a time, he would have lived to fight another day.Why had he decided to throw his life away? It wasn’t as if one T-1 would do much good against the enemy they now faced, and even if it did- there was no guarantee Specs, Reptile, and the rest would actually be able to do anything.He had done it, he realized, because if the Mutant Dinos won there would not be another day to live for. It would be the beginning of the end of all life on the LEGO Planet.But there was more to it than that… after dozens of years of essentially being on the run, of not knowing who he truly was, of living an… empty life, he was tired.He hadn’t accomplished much. He had done a few minor deeds for Alpha Team back in the day, but what had that actually accomplished, in the Great War on Ogel? Probably not much.And as for the Pirates? Well, there, he had done a bit more, yes. But for what? They had saved the LEGO Planet from Skeleton Pirates so it could be destroyed by Mutant Dinos. And in the process, he had had some fun, some nice adventures- but it all seemed so meaningless in retrospect.So Glacier had decided to stay, to fight, to buy Reptile and the others precious time to get the Einstein Device online.Suddenly, as he dove back into the enemy for the third time, a panel sparked. Alarms went off in the cockpit- he glanced at the control panel. It looked like a T-Rex strike had destroyed his PLARXX Radar Ray control. Which meant-He realized exactly what it meant as a dozen Pterosaurs dive-bombed his T-1. The vehicle was simply not maneuverable enough to survive that kind of an assault.To his credit, Glacier managed to bring the vehicle to the relative safety of DA HQ, where a few others targeted and wiped out the Pterosaurs behind him. But he couldn’t prevent the crash, and that, in the end, was what did it.***Magma stared grimly as the T-1 that he had been watching dropped to the ground.“Open a channel to that downed vehicle, now!” he ordered in a tone even harsher than usual. Cee-Dee, fortunately, obeyed without question.“This is Alpha Team Special Agent Magma…. Are you… are you alive?” he asked, hesitantly.A grim chortle that turned into a cough came back over the line. “Not for long, Magma.”“So it is you,” he breathed. “Glacier…”“Yes, you finally found me, didn’t you,” his brother replied over the line. “And now you’ll lose me yet again.”“We can send people to get you out of there, we can use the teleportation systems..”“No,” Glacier said quietly but firmly. “Don’t waste the time trying to save me- I don’t want to be saved! Besides… personal’s not the same as important… you have to win, don’t lose because you pulled out to... “rescue” me.”Magma blinked rapidly. “Then, then… please, Glacier, you are forgiven. You are forgiven… be at peace.”There was a soft noise, then nothing but silence for a few minutes, after which Cee Dee respectfully closed the channel.The tears that had begun to form in Magma’s eyes were outpaced by sudden fury.His brother was dead. His brother, a rogue who, once upon a time, he had spent years hunting, was now dead- Magma’s last link to his life before Alpha Team, one of the last people who had known who Magma really was, underneath the hardened Alpha Team agent- dead. Dead, at the hands of some oversized lizard and failed genetics experiment. Dead, before Magma could have tried to reconcile with him.He'd known Coral was serving with the Dino Attack Team, and he was pretty sure that Coral and his brother were one and the same. But he had been far too busy coordinating Alpha Team's role in various DA-related operations to approach him... and now, it was too late.Several minutes passed before Magma next spoke, and when he did, he sounded eerily emotionless.“We’re going to Dino Attack HQ, and we are going to buy the Dino Attack Team time to activate their device. I don’t care if we have to single-handedly fight every single thing on the planet to make it happen- we’re going to make it happen.”“They are going to pay for this,” Magma added quietly. And this was much worse than the normal way in which he simply shouted at people angrily. Much, much worse.
current_events_sigbanner.png

OOC:Few quick notes tonight:A: I didn't know the pilot was Dr. Inferno. Good thing I didn't kill him.B: I have a quick little thing to do with WtW tomorrow, so please don't defeat her yet.C: I'm glad someone remembers when I talked about Dr. Cyborg's gun. However, during the final battle, he's been using battle mode, a picture of which I will soon post, which has a Cosmotronic Ray arm, so he would be using that in addition the the EMP Sonic Screamer. He would mostly be using the EMPSS against WtW, but he would also be using the CR. Just a little piece of info for future reference.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I don't have much to type right now. I'm still trying to make sense of this whole lab thing. Now, for the record, I think it would be a good idea to keep a record of just who is in the lab, as it would make our posts a lot easier to write and would prevent the unintentional ignoring of other players' characters.Characters currently in the lab:-Rotor-Cabin-Kate Bishop-Sarah Bishop-Rex-Hertz-Frozeen-Greybeard-Shaw-Carver-Hale-Mac*Characters Not currently in the lab, but who may be in the near future:-Pierce-Copper**-Crusher***Possibly, given he was a pilot he might not have left with the rest of the T-1 crews.** Both are medics, so it would be logical to get whoever is available.Feel free to take this list and expand it. For some reason I think it's going to help a lot with our posts dealing with the lab things if we actually know who is actually present.Also, is it just me, or do we have a few too many people in the lab. I mean taking out the excess NPCs certainly helped, but even just sticking to our main characters I think we might have some difficulty with this one.

OOC: Characters currently in the lab:-Rotor-Cabin-Kate Bishop-Sarah Bishop-Rex-Hertz-Frozeen-Greybeard-Shaw-Carver-Hale-Mac*-Reptile-Specs-Hotwire-TailCharacters Not in the lab due to Willa the Witch, but sure to come In later:-Andrew-Dr. Cyborg-Zach-Digger-Shadow-ViperCharacters Not currently in the lab, but who may be in the near future:-Pierce-Copper**-Crusher***Possibly, given he was a pilot he might not have left with the rest of the T-1 crews.** Both are medics, so it would be logical to get whoever is available.
OOC: Sounds like a decent idea. Expanded with my own observed, top-of-my-head info.Yeah, it'll be a bit of a crowd. But hey, the lab sounds like a big room, I'm sure we'll be fine.

OOC:I'm gonna say the imagination for the Einstein Device is gonna be Rex's creative spark.If someone wants to help me come up with a way to beat the Inferno Mech without killing Dr. Inferno, feel free to suggest it.We need a new featured article. Seriously. That thing is over two years old.PeabodySam also should make another video for the final battle when we are done here.IC:Willa the Witch was surrounded. Any sane person would surrender. However, when one is influenced by the Darkitect, "sane" is not an accurate adjective for said one. Before the witch died, she wanted to kill someone. Anyone. Acting again upon the aforementioned "Magic vs. Science" grudge, that someone turned out to be Dr. Cyborg.She quickly raised her arm and shot a larger-than-normal Maelstrom fireball at Dr. Cyborg. Given that there were a few yards between Willa and everybody else, he had time to react. He dropped his EMP Sonic Screamer and caught the sphere of Maelstrom. Normally, when the Maelstrom touched his hand, it would have been absorbed into his body. But, acting on a theory he thought of in the Maelstrom Temple but was never able to test, he activated his shield generator.He directed the field to the palm of his hand, and used it to suspend the Maelstrom above his palm. He swung his arm back around and threw it at Willa. She tried to absorb it into her wand, but it was too much. With a snap, the crack in her wand began to grow...

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: My interpretation was that while the scientists (ex. Reptile), builders (ex. Andrew), and Maelstrom-y guys (ex. Zach) worked on the Einstein Device, agents like Rotor or Greybeard, would, after getting the full picture of what was going on, would head back into the battlefield to hold back the Mutant Dinos, thus clearing up space in the lab.And since avmatoran wants to take a crack at Willa the Witch, I'll hold off a post about that. It's time to start the confrontation you've been rubbing your rhubarb for waiting almost three years for.IC:Minerva Fabello and Holly Vinyaya were driving at the wrecked vehicle that Oswald Fabello was hiding behind at a fast pace. The Fire Hammer easily tossed away the vehicle as they collided, causing little damage to the jeep itself. Unfortunately, Oswald was nowhere to be found. Minerva quickly turned her head and saw her brother rising from the ruins of a building, his weapon raised."Duck!" Minerva yelled. They hadn't rolled up the passenger side window, so bullets began to fly through the cab and over their heads. Vinyaya swore irritably and blindly drove out Oswald's firing range. As Minerva rose her head, she saw Oswald screaming in anger in the side mirrors. He fired his gun, striking an agent driving a Steel Sprinter. Oswald jumped on to the ATV and started to chase after the Fire Hammer.There was no real doubt. He wouldn't stop until he killed Minerva. She herself had no idea what was driving her to face him, but she knew she had to. Her arm stung from where one of Oswald's bullets grazed her. She still didn't know if she had the nerve to kill him, but she would at least incapacitate him. Holding a Sonic Screamer she found in the Fire Hammer, Minerva pointed it out the window behind her and fired several shots.Oswald swerved out of the way of the sonic blasts and fired several rounds at Minerva's door as he continued to gain on her. "Use the Xenon Launcher!" Vinyaya barked, turning sharply. The Fire Hammer skidded hard before it stopped, facing Oswald. Minerva turned to the Xenon Launcher and began firing at Oswald, intending only to destroy his vehicle.Oswald screamed again and drove around the blasts with ease. He fired his machine gun at the windshield, cause a sufficient enough cracks to blind Vinyaya. "Megabloking Megabloks!" Vinyaya scowled. She slammed the gas pedal and started to drive toward Oswald. Minerva saw what Oswald would do and came up with her own idea to counter it. Gripping the Sonic Screamer tightly, Minerva pulled the door handle, loosening it."Fabello!" Vinyaya snapped. "What are you doing?" Oswald drove to the ride side, passing by Minerva's door. She threw the door open and dived at her brother. They both flew from the Urban Avenger and hit the hard pavement. Minerva was quickly on her feet, ignoring the pain emitting from her body and began firing the Sonic Screamer at her brother.Oswald rolled away and fired his much more lethal weapon at her. Minerva dove behind a mailbox to use as cover and began to fired several retaliating shots. One shot found its mark, striking Oswald in the chest. Oswald screamed in pain, dropping the weapon to clutch his ears. As he fell to his knees, Minerva began to slowly approach him, never lowering her weapon. When she was a yard away from him, she whispered gently, "Oswald?"She was stepping back as soon as she said the words. Oswald's arm swung at her as he rose to his feet. His face showed he was very clearly in pain from the sonics, but was ignoring the erge to fall into unconsciousness to attack Minerva. Minerva clutched her stomach with one hand as Oswald spun his knife in his palm. He had sliced at her stomach and had torn her uniform. Minerva could feel the skin underneath. Looking at her hand, she saw small traces of fresh blood on it. She looked back to the knife, an undeniable rage growing in her stomach. She hated that weapon. Excluding her mother, everyone in her family had fallen because of a blade. Now Oswald intended to have her join Isaac and Tod, but she wouldn't have it.She ran toward him. Knocking his knife arm away, Minerva punched him hard in the face. Oswald stumbled back and gave Minerva shock looked before charging at her as well. Minerva slammed her Sonic Screamer into Oswald's arm, but not before he delivered his own punch into her cheek. Her mouth became numb quickly. She stared at Oswald, her eyes growing wide. She knew he was trying to kill her, but be physically attacked by him had still shocked her.Minerva swung her Sonic Screamer into his head. Oswald ducked and kicked Minerva's shins. She winced in pain, fighting back tears. She kicked Oswald in the stomach and fired another Sonic Screamer blast at him. Oswald howled in agony like a wild animal. His eyes were practically bulging out of his head. He lunged at Minerva neck and gripped it tight. He brought the knife close to her throat."There's no hope," Oswald, his glare piercing Minerva. "We're all going to die. Nobody is safe. We're doomed." Minerva spat into his face and kicked him hard in the gut. Oswald roared again as he released his grip upon Minerva. He swung a foot at her ankles, knocking her to the ground. As she rose, she saw him fleeing into a ruined, tan-colored building. Minerva blinked in shock. She recognized the building. It was their old apartment they had lived in after they could no longer support living in their house thanks to Athena's insanity. She and Oswald had hid out there for a week after the Dino Attack began, when their only concern was to survive.Minerva felt herself running toward the building. She could hear Vinyaya yelling her name, but she ignored the Space Police officer. Her conflict with Oswald was about to come to an end. In the very building where she lived through the first week of the Dino Attack. Gripping the Sonic Screamer tightly, Minerva began to ascend the steps to the front door.

OOC: My interpretation was that while the scientists (ex. Reptile), builders (ex. Andrew), and Maelstrom-y guys (ex. Zach) worked on the Einstein Device, agents like Rotor or Greybeard, would, after getting the full picture of what was going on, would head back into the battlefield to hold back the Mutant Dinos, thus clearing up space in the lab.
OOC: I guess that makes some sense.I'm still thinking I might wait for someone else to respond to any of my actions in the lab before I make my next IC, though. I mean nobody's taken advantage of Shaw's offer to help or anything like that. That and I got to find a way to get Pierce up there. I'd imagine some kind of evacuation would be in order eventually, but getting a whole bunch of wounded people out of a sheltered basement to the top of a damaged building is probably easier said than done (in fact it's not even easily said). In fact if anything for the patients, they'd probably be better off if Pierce and the other doctors just gathered a bunch of supplies, sealed off the entrance to the basement, and took their chances underground for an undisclosed period of time until a rescue could arrive (that would actually make for an interesting short story if we went with the downer ending, where everyone comes out several months later to find LEGO City levelled). Edited by Atton Rand

OoC:I was hoping to save this until completion but considering the incredible focus on the subject I thought it would be best to post it now to spite it's unfinished state.Considering the importance of the top floors of the outpost I realized that a legitimate representation was needed. PeabodySam's representation of the headquarters was fun but it is not helpful as an actually map. It included tiny floors, no stairs, and one bedroom. An actuall canon and scale model has proved to be necessary so I have taken it upon myself to build the 12th, 13th and the roof in LDD.I have extended the size and shape of the central tower. Considering the size of each floor I have added hallways and a wing to the main tower. Well the main square from PeabodySam's version will remain I created a U to surround it that will contain the elite agent's bedrooms.That's right, I'm making sixteen bedrooms as opposed to PeabodySam's one. The 12th and 13th floor will each contain eight rooms holding one or two elite agents (Roomates!). Each room will be connected by a hallway and a set of stairs will be on each end of the U. The 12th floor will have the bedrooms of the founding members and their offices will be on the 13thThe central tower will contain the main focus of the floor. The 12th floor will have a large lavatory including showers, sinks, and toilets. Each floor will also have a small lounge and storage.The 13th floor will showcase the teleportation room in great detail. The central tower will also contain a third staircase and an elevator. Currently the ceiling is intact but it will eventually have the hole that was blown to access the teleporter. I will create the opening once the model is finished but in till then the 13th floor will be without damage.Roof access will be available from all three stairwells and the elevator. My version will be large enough to have a full-sized helipad for a T-1 as well as a smaller one for a smaller craft. It might also contain artillery with walkways.Without further a due this is the model as it is. The 13th floor is about half finished but it should be adequate to convoy my vision and provide a canon map of the area.BZPower GalleryI'll make a Pharisee post latter. I have the ACT coming up so it may not be around for awhile. It will probably involve his helicopter going after Willa the Witch.

That is all