Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: "We're done here," Montoya said as he stepped back into the infirmary. "The basement's sealed off. Nobody's getting in or out for a long time.""So we're just going to stay down here?" Sarah asked. "I'm afraid so," replied Pierce. "Now we're going to need to start thinking about rations. We got to conserve our supply to last as long as possible. Sooner or later we'll run out and we'll have to break out onto the surface. I don't know about you but I'd rather that didn't happen in the middle of a rampage."Shaw was close to tears in the back, as she shouted her prayers loudly, her eyes closed tight. None of the other doctors even bothered questioning it now, they all could use the comfort of her faith. "For now we'll sleep in shifts," Pierce said. "Until we can get things worked out. Shaw and I will stay on duty now and look after the patients. Copper, Crusher, why don't you two get some sleep. I'll come wake you in a few hours and you can take over."Reluctantly, Crusher turned and left the room, Copper following behind."What about Kate?" Sarah asked."I don't know," replied Pierce. "There's nothing we can do. I love you Sarah, I always have, but you can't have her depending on you all the time."Slowly Pierce hugged Sarah. That hug quickly changed as their arms tightened and their lips joined tightly. When they were through, Pierce turned toward his panicked and frightened colleague colleague, sitting down next to her and slowly putting an arm over her shoulder.

OOC: I guess I better stop procrastinating about writing this then. Homework can now wait. :PIC:B ran. He saw the jeep outside the HQ. Right past the men and women fighting for their lives. Tempest ran into the building. B followed. He bashed his way through the front door, and caught a glimpse of a body heading up the stairs."Time to pay the price, Tempest."He followed.***Chris had lost track of how many lizards he had slashed and sliced with his sword. He looked back and surprised, saw B running towards the HQ. He turned away from the battle and ran. The other members of his squad noticed as well, and followed. Dino Attack agents yelled at them, incredulous, but they took no notice. As they entered the HQ, they noticed something."Blood."And yet, there had been no fighting in the HQ yet.***B sprinted, his energy seemingly limitless. He knew that he was killing himself, but he had one single objective.One last mission. Ironic that my last mission is the first one that I really ever got.The stairs seemed endless. He could hear Tempest maybe a flight ahead of him, clearly getting tired. A door slammed above him. The end was near. B opened the door."Deja Vu, right Tempest?""Exactly, Benton. Except for one thing."Tempest drew his sidearm, and in one swift motion, cocked it, and shot B in the chest.And suddenly, sense returned to B's body. It was like being slammed repeatedly into the ground by a person twice your strength. It pulsed, like his heart, struggling to keep up.And he fell.***Ezekiel was the first to act. He ran, sprinting up the stairs, following the irregularly shaped patches of blood. The rest of the squad followed, trying to keep up. Ezekiel managed to outdistance the rest of them, and reached the roof. A minifig stood on the edge of the roof."Hello, Ezekiel.""Peter. Interesting to see you again. You certainly managed to keep busy since we last saw each other. Interesting that your name is what it is.""What, Tempest?""No, Peter. Your actual name. Three betrayals, Peter. First, you betrayed Ogel more than ten years ago. Then, you betrayed spec ops. And finally, you betrayed me.""How? Oh, right. You had a thing going where you were trying to kill this guy! You're mad that I stole your kill, right? Well, he's not dead yet, so you can shoot him if you want.""Peter, did we ever learn each others last names?""No, we didn't. Just first names.""Well, then let me introduce myself properly. I am Ezekiel Kabrinsky, and this agent is under my protection."Tempest looked at Ezekiel with a look of true fear in his eyes. Ezekiel ran and tackled Tempest.They fell.***Sam was the first one to reach the roof after Ezekiel. He ran out of the stairwell to see them fall. He then turned his gaze to the body of his brother, which was lying just to his side. Swearing profusely, he grabbed bandages and attempted to treat the wounds. As the other three arrived, Sam motioned to Kevin to help him."There should be some needles of painkillers in my bag.""How much?""All of them.""Are you sure you made it out of med school," asked Rob, attempting to lighten the mood."Look, he probably won't make it. I just want him to not hurt at the end. There, the wound's patched up as best as I can do it. Kev, looks like a good job with the painkillers, now I think all we can do is wait."***Awareness. He now knew he was awake, and surprisingly, feeling nothing. He looked up and saw his brother's face."Ow. How long was I out for?""About two minutes. You're really drugged up right now, and I don't know if you can make it."The numbness was back. His head was clear again."Alright, now what's the plan?""We get you to wherever you're safe.""No. We said that if any of us died, we would be KIA. I will not die in a bed when I could go and get myself killed fighting for a cause I believe in. Besides, I can last long enough to get to the fight, as long as the painkillers last."B got up on his feet. He looked and saw neither his uncle, nor Tempest. He looked quizzically at his brother."They're both gone. They fell.""When we left spec ops, we promised each other that we would find him and kill him. Now that the mission has been completed, we need a new pact.""We fight," said Kevin."For Dad," said Sam"For Ezekiel," said Chris."For family," said Rob."For us," finished B.And with that, they followed B down the stairs to rejoin the final battle.***"Well played, old friend.""Oh, it was my pleasure, Peter. You always did like the bits of my plans that you didn't see coming, right?""Absolutely correct."Impact.

OoC:PS: Semick's death was truly a surprise Andrewnuva. I always thought he would be one to last to the end, he had such an enduring quality about him and he was one of the most likable characters in the RPG. He will be missed.
OOC: Indeed he will. But he had to go. I was behind on my "character killing" quota. I don't think I've sent any of my notable characters to the coffin since Mur sacrificed himself. I don't want to fall behind, do I?In all seriousness, that's an interesting story. I didn't intend for him to die. Not initially. At first I thought he would live to have a happy life to eventually join the Rock Raiders or something. It was part of my theme to show a more optimistic side of Dino Attack about heroes who can fight through these battles, face significant odds, and take heavy damage mentally & physically, and still come out on top and have a happy ending (as such, I can confirm I will not kill off any more of my characters within this final battle)The thing is, though, around the time of the Maelstrom temple, I considered how he might end up killing himself in a badly-planned maneuver or underestimation of the Maelstrom or something. Naturally, I thought that would be to depressing, so I told myself not to write that. But still, besides barking orders and giving some contribution to firepower, I had to admit he wasn't doing much at that time.And that got me thinking. Semick didn't have much in his life beyond his jobs of leading men. He had no family, no real friends outside his Dino Attack colleagues, and no real goals or ambitions in life beyond working on his mine and being a leader in times of need. And after two years of the Power Miners and Dino Attack service, . Really, I didn't see much for him to live for beyond returning to work in the mines, and while that would be poetic in its own sense, it didn't seem like much in retrospect.So when the final battle comes, and I really kick Semick into overdrive as a leader and commander, I hit upon the idea that he might die during the battle, or commit a heroic sacrifice or something. Naturally, again, I was initially opposed to it. Semick was perhaps the only guy I was focusing hard to write with pushing force the silver lining in the battle. When Dr. Rex rose, fell, and rose back again, he encouraged agents to keep their thoughts together and focus on staying to the fight even when Dr. Rex seemed unstoppable or completely beaten. When the HQ communications were crippled or certain key agents killed, he sought a way to look through the smoke and get reorganized and back into the game. Where people like Specs and Magma and Hertz seemed concerned for the worse, Semick was looking on the bright side and finding more reason to fight on.But at one point I thought about what it would take to beat Dr. Rex, and I thought about how, since it worked so well the first time, Imagination would likely be the key. And I thought about how one could get imagination in an environment like this, and I remembered what Dr. Einstein did. And through that, I saw a way how I could see Semick's death working. Though not actually intending to try and steal Rex's thunder or anything, I figured as much he might try to do something like he is now a while ago. And after, in retrospect, I realized I might've done Pointman's move a little badly, I figured I should try for a more epic redo.In the end, Semick's decision is a sign of how devoted he was, in the end, to simply serving as a leader willing to inspire and encourage his men to continue to stay strong, keep optimistic, and follow his example. By encouraging his T-1 Crew to live on, then throwing his life away to keep Dr. Rex busy for just a little longer, he wanted the agents under him to think of survival, to continue fighting and not cower down. I didn't really write it just to serve as another "War is Megablokland" example, everyone else is clearly doing that well enough. I wrote it as yet another symbol of hope to break the trend of it all seeming lost, that, like Mur, and hopefully like Rex, not every death is simply a tragedy that leaves people shell shocked and alone.Semick wouldn't have wanted his fellow agents to mourn him. His death is merely an oddly-executed symbol for doing everything you can to ensure the survival of the team.In short, I killed him for the optimism. Wow, that sounds like an oxymoron.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC:

Though not actually intending to try and steal Rex's thunder or anything, I figured as much he might try to do something like he is now a while ago.
You may not have stolen Rex's thunder, but you did kinda steal mine. Maybe, though, I can still make this work...EDIT: IC moved to my next post, because why not. Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: You guys are all scaring the spaghetti (for lack of better euphemism) out of me. If it isn't obvious enough, hold the post until until I complete Nazareno's fight with Blaire. In fact, I'm so terrified I'll write it now.Just hold the phone.

OOC:Man, PeaSam, everyone wants you to hold on a little bit. Hey, I can do pretty much one post a day, so can you make the wrap-up at least two weeks?Oh, I never gave my sad message. Well, here it is:I'm sad this is ending. This has helped me not to hate writing so much. I've made some good friends here, and had a good time. I'll miss this greatly. It's been fun, PeaSam. Real fun.And now that this RPG is ending, can I interest any of you in my Alien Conquest RPG? I've had some people say that they would probably join when this is over and it's almost over. I'd like to once again formally invite everyone to join the Alien Conquest when this is over.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

And now that this RPG is ending, can I interest any of you in my Alien Conquest RPG? I've had some people say that they would probably join when this is over and it's almost over. I'd like to once again formally invite everyone to join the Alien Conquest when this is over.
OOC: I appreciate the offer but unfortunately I don't think I can accept. At the moment it's hard enough keeping up with the RPG as it is. When this is over I think I'm going to be done with text-based RPGs for a while- if nothing else it will make it easier to focus on college and my screenplays.I'd love to make a post now but I don't know if there's anything more I can do at the moment. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Ah! Jackson! Zelda split from your group and headed to the Fire Hammer hosting my main cast (and Bluetooth)IC:The Fire Hammer tore through the ruined streets, splashing up mud and water everywhere as it shot toward Dino Attack Headquarters. "Are you sure they're in the HQ?" Vinyaya asked, a sense of urgency in her voice."From what I could hear through the mic in Nazareno's mask, it sounds like Blaire's trying to wrap up the fight so he can get back on the battlefield," Zelda explained. "Except...everything sounded distant. Like he lost the mike. Or..." It was a strange thought, trying to imagine Nazareno without a mask.The Fire Hammer blasted through a pack of Mutant Lizards and turned sharply so the passenger doors faced the gaping hole in the front of the headquarters. Minerva, Zelda, Vinyaya, and Bluetooth quickly filed out of the jeep armed and headed into the building, blasting Mutant Lizards and Raptors. Minerva felt somewhat bad about abandoning the battle for one person, but she wasn't willing to lose another person close to him."Sorry about this," Vinyaya muttered to Bluetooth. "This just isn't something I'm willing to let sit down.""No problem. Is there some sort of feud between Nazareno and this 'Darkling'?""Yeah. Darkling used go by the name of Matthew Vherestorm."Bluetooth's eyes widened in realization. "Him? Didn't he go missing a few years ago?""Turns out he's been with the Nexus Force, reforming. Though the truthness of that statement is in doubt. Which reminds me," Vinyaya redirected her attention to Zelda. "Did Nazareno tell you?""Tell me what?" Zelda asked, raising an eyebrow of confusion as she cut away a passing Mutant Lizard."That he-" she was cut off by the sound of two people fighting a floor above them. They could easily recognize one set of grunts as Nazareno's. "Hurry!" Vinyaya commanded, running to the stairwell. Bluetooth and Minerva followed until the latter notice Zelda stop."What's wrong?" Minerva asked, concerned. Zelda lifted a golden katana up from the ground. One of Nazareno's. Minerva swallowed uncomfortably. "Come on. There's no use standing here." Zelda nodded slowly and they both picked up their pace up to a run to keep up with Vinyaya and Bluetooth. They climbed the stairs quickly. The sounds of Nazareno's and Blaire's fight grew louder and more fierce.The group reached the second floor at the same time and could clearly see what was happening. Blaire stood over an uncovered Nazareno, one of his gray katanas in hand. A cold, malicious smirk was plastered on his face. He raised the katana to deliver the final blow. At the same time, Bluetooth raised his pistol and fired.The bullet struck Blaire Darkling in the chest. He grunted in pain and stared at the newly formed hole in his shirt. Nazareno took this opportunity to kick Blaire's chin and to sweep his foot across Blaire's ankles, knocking him to the floor. Nazareno climbed to his feet and turned to the group, wiping sweat from his bald head. There was a look of surprise on his face."How did you know I was up here?" Nazareno asked."Your mike in your mask," Zelda said. "I heard the fight.""Call in reinforcements?" Blaire snarled, rising to feet and backing away from assembled group, his katana at the ready. "How disappointing, Nazareno. I expected better.""You just got shot!" Minerva snapped. "Why-"She was interrupted by a cold laugh. "Please, Miss Fabello. When you've been in my line of work long enough, you wear a bulletproof vest. Always.""He unmasked," Zelda muttered, staring at Nazareno's head in surprise."Indeed," Nazareno said, his face twisting into a scowl. "Darkling doesn't wish me to remove his sunglasses, however. How hypocritical."Blaire dodged the statement. "I do thank you for coming, Miss Fabello, Miss Frodongan, and Commander. I was afraid I'd have to go and search for you myself. I can't let you get my secret out. That won't do." Blaire turned his head toward Bluetooth. "And of course, he probably knows my secret now as well. So he will have to be disposed of as well.""You will not harm anyone else, Vherestorm," Nazareno hissed."I AM NOT VHERESTORM" Blaire bellowed, charging at Nazareno. Nazareno rolled out the way of the attack. Instead of stopping, he continued his charge toward Vinyaya, Minerva, Zelda, and Bluetooth. Zelda stepped forward and raised Nazareno's sword to knock away the blow.Blaire's katana slammed into Zelda's weapon hard and with a elegant spin, had the sword fly from Zelda's hand. "You can't even hope to match my talent," Blaire snarled. He raised his sword to attack when Minerva, Vinyaya, and Bluetooth opened fire on him.Blaire spun out of the way as bullets shot through his trenchcoat and fled across the ruins of the second floor. Blaire turned back, his own handgun out of his pocket and fired his own round upon the group, causing them to spread out. Minerva, Vinyaya, and Bluetooth ducked behind several overturned desks as Zelda ran at Blaire, her katanas in hand. Nazareno had picked up the sword Zelda had brought up and charged at Darkling as well. Zelda and Nazareno swung their three katanas at Darkling quickly. Blaire spun and brought his lone sword down on theirs, knocking the blades to the floor."Get back!" Nazareno commanded to Zelda as he began to force Blaire's sword back. "He's too powerful!""I can help," Zelda said with assurance, aiding Nazareno. Together, they threw Blaire's sword upward with such force that he needed to step back."I admire your courage, Frodongan," Blaire scoffed. "But dear Kareem is correct." Blaire elbowed Nazareno in the face and slapped his sword upon one of Zelda's. To her shock, the katana, weaker than Blaire's or Nazareno's, shattered from the collision. Blaire kicked away her other katana and then wrapped his hand around her throat, choking her. "You should not be messing with me. A shame, really. So much potential, and now you have to die." Blaire pulled the sword back and prepared to lodge it in her chest when Nazareno knocked the blade on the ground hard. Nazareno then swung a punch into the side of Blaire's face, forcing him to drop Zelda. She slumped to the floor and backed away as Nazareno swung at Blaire's shoulder. Darkling was quick in blocking the attack."You will not harm her," Nazareno stated cooly, icy hate dripping from his words. Blaire smirked again as he looked from Nazareno to Zelda, the latter being covered by Vinyaya, Bluetooth, and Minerva."I see what this is." Blaire laughed coldly. "The great Nazareno...never expect...you have changed, old friend. The Nazareno I knew never would have such attachments." Blaire pushed back Nazareno's sword and launched a sweeping attack against the space ninja, forcing him to step back. "It is weak. Merely leverage to use against you. I'm sure those other three and Mr. Virchaus up above are close as well?" Blaire tutted in disappoint and shook his head as he stabbed his sword forward, leading Nazareno to step to the side. "You have changed.""For the better," Nazareno snarled. "Your "change" is merely a ruse created by Vherestorm. Do not deny it." Blaire bared his teeth, but didn't say anything as he launched a frenzy of attacks against Nazareno that the space ninja blocked with relative ease. "This is a waste of time and detrimental to saving the planet!""The only thing I care about at the moment is finally killing you!" Blaire snarled. He kicked Nazareno in the stomach and wrapped his foot around Nazareno's ankles, tripping him. "After many long years, this stalmate will end!" Nazareno rolled to the side as Blaire slammed his sword down. Blaire howled as the force of his attack rebounding into his arms. Nazareno jumped to his feet and attacked.Minerva watched the battle with a mixture of shock and awe. Nazareno's battle with Stromling!Zach and spars with Zelda were nothing compared to what she was watching. Both katanas were almost like blurs. Sparks surrounded the group. Shooting Darkling while he was distracted was out of the question; he and Nazareno were moving fast enough that a shot could easily hit Nazareno instead.Nazareno's blade crossed with Blaire's. Nazareno's other hand suddenly launched out at Blaire's sword arm and twisted it. Blaire roared with anger and pain and begun to back away as Nazareno's sword cut his chin. Blaire wiped away the blood casually and charged at Nazareno. The space ninja's hand grabbed Blaire forehead and, with all the force in his being, slammed Blaire down on the ground. Nazareno slammed his foot into the side of Blaire's head."This ends!" Nazareno barked, cold anger etched in his face. As he brought the sword down, Blaire's foot suddenly shot upward, knocking the sword upward. Blaire rolled up to his feet and quickly picked up his sword."This guy will not give up," Zelda grumbled. Indeed, Darkling seemed MegaBlokLand-bent on destroying Nazareno. Both combatants were panting heavily. Fatigue was setting in. Nazareno twirled his sword in his hand and knocked Blaire's katana away with ease. Without a word, Nazareno thrust his sword forward.Blaire jerked his body to the side, but much of his right hip was cut by the attack. Blood began to stain his light-colored trenchcoat. Blaire groaned and his knees wobbled, but he did not fall. Nazareno glared at XERRD's leader, never letting his guard down. He began to pull the sword away to deliver the final blow.Blaire's right hand shot out toward the katana's hilt while the left, with half of the strength left in his body, punched Nazareno in the cheek, loosening his grip on the katana. Blaire yanked the sword from Nazareno's grip and spun it one hundred and eighty degrees. Nazareno hands hovered above his chest and halted the blade from reaching his body."Not this time, Nazareno," Blaire hissed. With the final half of strength still in his being, Blaire broke Nazareno's barrier and plunged the sword into his chest.Time slowed down. Minerva could faintly hear Zelda screaming while Vinyaya and Bluetooth could only stand there in shock. Blaire and Nazareno were barely three inches apart, separated only by the hilt of the sword that had buried itself into Nazareno's chest and shot out the back. "I win," Blaire muttered, panting heavily. He drew the katana, dripping in its owner's blood, from Nazareno's body and flung it to the floor. Blaire patted Nazareno's bald head in an almost comforting matter, the sick, twisted smirk never leaving his face. Nazareno could only stare on in shock. With one last pat, Blaire forcibly shoved Nazareno to floor.Minerva, Vinyaya, and Bluetooth reacted at the same time. Each raised their weapons and opened fire. Two bullets clipped Blaire's shoulder, but he ignored the pain. Clutching his bleeding hip, Blaire picked up his katana and fled down the ruined hallways until he disappeared in a shroud of purple flames. Nobody bothered chasing after him. All four agents ran up to the fallen form of Nazareno.Zelda dropped to her knees and lifted Nazareno's back up while trying to cover up the bleeding wound with her hand. Nazareno coughed hoarsely, staring at his wound with bemused shock. Minerva bit her quivering lip. For the first time since her mother's death, tears were forming in her eyes. They were nothing they could do. Unlike when Zach's shot him what seems so many years back, Blaire had made sure to make the wound fatal."Nazareno...no..." Zelda whispered, tears streaming down her face as she cradled Nazareno's head in her arms. Out of the corner of her eye, Minerva saw Vinyaya grip Bluetooth's hand tightly as a single tear form in her left eye. "Nonono. You...can't..."Nazareno coughed again, sounding more pained than ever. "Holly...Minerva...I..." he couldn't seem to find the words to say to them. Vinyaya merely nodded, suppressing a sob."Thank you," Minerva managed to mutter, her voice shaking all the while. "For everything." She had been one of her closest friends during Zach's Maelstrom issues. To lose him was more than she could bear.Zelda was sobbing quietly. Nazareno turned his weak stare directly to her. "I'm sorry...Zelda...for what I did...what I said..." Zelda looked at him, her eyes shimmering with tears. "I wish...I could've told you sooner...I...I love you."Zelda wrapped her hand around Nazareno's. "I love you, too." She said, barely above a whisper. She leaned forward slowly and pressed her lips against his. Nazareno jolted in the surprise, but returned the kiss weakly. They held the position for the longest time. Vinyaya was sobbing openly now while Bluetooth attempted to confort her. Minerva was doing everything in her power to hold back her emotions, but tears and sobs still managed to break through her.Nazareno and Zelda's lips parted slowly. Nazareno sighed weakly. Zelda held him tight, never wanting to let go. Nazareno gazed into Zelda's face as tears dropped slowly from her cheeks to his. His breathing was becoming more ragged and strained. With one final, painful sigh, his chest suddenly became still.Kareem Nazareno was dead.

OOC:You killed Nazareno. You killed Nazareno! You killed off one of my favorite characters. Bad Brikman McStudz. And, because of all this dying, I feel like I need to kill off a character out of obligation.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I'll admit I didn't see that one coming.IC: "Where'd that purple-haired girl go," Rotor asked, suddenly looking around."I don't know," replied the man in suspenders with the black cap. "She seems to have run off somewhere. Should we go find her?""Not much time for that," replied Rotor. "I think we got other things to worry about right now! What was your name again?""Helm," replied the man in suspenders.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC : The scene of Zelda and Nazareno's final seconds together made Bluetooth cringe, and reminded him horribly about what Semick has said just before he had left the Elite Agent:"The world has too many widows and widowers."While technically, the two fighters had likely never married (or even proclaimed their love for one another until now) before their separation, unlike poor Rex and Claw, the point still stood. Here was yet another example of a blooming relationship cut short by a lethal injury. Another notable causality for the list.Bluetooth glanced at Vinyay-no, Holly- as she let her grief out, with his arms around her for support, and thought about how they had been nearly in the same situation, except with even more words left unsaid. Bluetooth figured Semick wouldn't have given him the chance to choose to die, but the late man once again surprised him, had given him this chance that he had wanted. And now they were fighting together, with the promise to try and sort things out after the battle... if they made it. But things like the dead space-ninja in front of them was not helping the hopes for a bright future.After several more moments of silence, as everyone took their time calming down from Nazareno's passing, Holly sniffled and motioned aside Bluetooth's arms. "Well..." she said, grief still at the back of her tone, "we best leave his body to the medics' care in the basement.""Assuming they haven't bunkered up yet," Bluetooth muttered. "I heard them alerting everyone to them taking their chances by sealing up and preparing for the worse. If that's what happened, we won't get to them without a whole bunch of power tools.""Well, whatever we do," said Fabello, "we'd best return to the battle soon. I don't want this building collapsing on our heads. We're almost at the end here.""...There's also a bigger problem," said Zelda, getting up from over Nazareno's body. "We've let Darkling get away. He seems to be shaking off the injuries we've dealt him. He's still the leader of XERRD. And he seems intent on killing everyone who knows he was Matthew Vherestorm, including us. And..." she glanced at her master and lover's body. "...I doubt even a bunch of us are a match for him."The mention of this suddenly stirred a strong emotion in Bluetooth. An emotion that he had not too long ago felt when he had encountered the idiocy of ex-Elite Agent French Fries.It was hate. Hate for the senseless disproportionate retribution on individuals for petty and contrived reasons. Sentencing a man to death for unreasonable or irrelevant cause. Punishment for disobeying orders that put allies at risk was one thing. Punishment for questionable or outright monstrous ethics that one has since tried to make amends for was another, but for merely possibly knowing the two identities of a man who they may or may not be familiar with (despite his notority, not everyone knew who Matthew Vherestorm was, especially Earth citizens) was an outright horrible act that the Futuron technician was angered by.Bleutooth could imagine someone like Andrew, coming home one day from a long day of work, years after the end of the Dino Attack, ready to relax with family or friends, only to be surprise by a figure in the shadows that, before he can react, has swung his sword and sliced his head clean off, his last thoughts being of surprise, confusion, and horror, likely not immediately remembering the man who had been, for a time, XERRD's leader and had revealed to also have been a notorious murderer.And then Bluetooth thought of it happening to Fabello or Zach. Or himself. Or Holly.This. Could. Not. Happen."No," Bluetooth muttered. Anger and a need to do something rose in him. He reached into his pocket and retrieved his PDA, selected the "Messages" option, and started typing."What are you doing?" Holly asked. She and the rest of the agents presence were staring at him with a bit of confusion."Blaire Darkling thinks he can cover his past with just a few silenced volces," said the technician, a stern tone in his voice, as his digits moved quickly and swiftly, "but the thing is that he assumes that people won't talk about it. If he had kept silent about his plans, maybe, but since he told me right in my face that he wants to kill me, you, and everyone else that knows his secret... Heh. Well, you know what they said in wartime about loose lips."He held up his PDA for everyone to see. "I've just prepared a message. It's an All Agents Bulliten, meaning every Dino Attack PDA will get it, along with the main database, and all the outpost databases, including the one in the Antarctica refugee, which Alpha Team keeps a closes look at. Basically, everyone's going to get this message.""Yes, but how can that-" Fabello suddenly stopped, and slowly smiled. "Ooooh. Clever, Bluetooth, clever.""And SENDING!" Bluetooth cried has he pushed hard on the Send button. In three seconds, the indicator came up on the screen saying "Message Successfully Sent," and to confirm the point, Fabello and Zelda's PDA's chirped, signaling their reception of the message. The former quickly checked hers, and held it out for the others to see as well."Yep, looks like it worked."The message read:Attention all Dino Attack Agents!The current leader of XERRD, Blaire Darkling, who has been exposed to have been the notorious intergalactic assassin Matthew Vherestorm, has just killed our Space Ninja ally Kareem Nazareno! There is no word yet on whether or not he will continue to serve as XERRD's leader, or if he intends to turn on any Dino Attack personal other than those that know his identity as Matthew Vherestorm, but as of yet, agents are to remain on alert!Agents are advised to apprehend Blaire Darkling/Matthew Vherestorm, on sight! Be wary, as he is extremely adept at evading death and assassination, and will not be stopped easily! As well, hostilities are not permitted against XERRD personnel in light of this event! What Blaire Darkling/Matthew Vherestorm has done and said does not reflect the intents of XERRD as a whole!XERRD personnel are advised to redirect command recognition to Elite Dino Attack Agent Dr. Cyborg, or Dr. Matthew Cyrista.-Standard Agent Bluetooth"This is why you don't mess with a man with a communicator," Bluetooth remarked with a grin.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC: "I think I just got something on my PDA," Helm said, reaching into his baggy pants and pulling his electronic device. He quickly passed it to Rotor, who only took a moment to read it.Attention all Dino Attack Agents!The current leader of XERRD, Blade Darkling, who has been exposed to have been the notorious intergalactic assassin Matthew Vherestorm, has just killed our Space Ninja ally Kareem Nazareno! There is no word yet on whether or not he will continue to serve as XERRD's leader, or if he intends to turn on any Dino Attack personal other than those that know his identity as Matthew Vherestorm, but as of yet, agents are to remain on alert!Agents are advised to apprehend Blade Darkling/Matthew Vherestorm, on sight! Be wary, as he is extremely adept at evading death and assassination, and will not be stopped easily! As well, hostilities are not permitted against XERRD personnel in light of this event! What Blade Darkling/Matthew Vherestorm has done and said does not reflect the intents of XERRD as a whole!XERRD personnel are advised to redirect command recognition to Elite Dino Attack Agent Dr. Cyborg, or Dr. Matthew Cyrista.-Standard Agent Bluetooth"Blaire Darkling, huh?" Rotor asked. "Matthew Vherestorm. Anybody heard of him?""Yeah," replied Snake as he reached into his pocket and removed a cigarette."Who is he?" Cabin asked."What makes you think I'm going to tell you?" Replied Snake with a slight smirk. Rotor quickly pulled the man to his feet threw him into the chopper. "Everyone, get on board," Rotor said. "Kara, Mac, you two still able to fly.""Yeah," replied Mac as he started up the engines. The rotors on the helicopter started to come to life. Quickly, Rotor got in, followed by the new arrivals, Cabin stepped in after him, Lance in the gunner's seat, with Elizabeth, Maynard, Firecracker, Helm, and the others climbing in. Arriving moments later were two snipers, one of whom Rotor recognized quickly."Shotgun," Rotor shouted."Yeah," replied Barry Jackson. He motioned toward his female companion, also in a camo. "Let me introduce you to agent Scope.""Pleasure," replied Rotor. "We've got to catch a dangerous man. We might just need a few snipers on this one. MAC! GET US IN THE AIR!"The chopper slowly started to lift off the ground and into the sky."Any idea where to find this Blaire Darkling?" Mac asked."Not yet," replied Rotor. "Unless someone can get Snake to talk- that's him in the back there, with the eyepatch."Snake grinned as he inhaled on his cigarette. Quickly, Rotor worked his way over to the microphone, and set it so it would project his voice outside. "We might as well start out simple," he said before he put the microphone to his mouth and hit the button. "Blaire Darkling, this is Elite Agent Rotor. I have orders to take you in by any means necessary. I suggest you do not attempt to resist or there will be serious consequences. I repeat do not resist or else we will open fire." He waited a moment, then set the machine to broadcast the recorded message repeatedly.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Heh. Blade Darkling. I suppose they kinda look the same. Blade...Blaire....Blade...Blaire....Blairde...Jackson finds it funny we're scrambling to get "that one last important post in". I find it funny that at, just before the climax, we decide to start killing important characters off (Swerve, Semick, Nazareno). Kind of like running a race and tripping just before the finish line. I guess.

You killed Nazareno. You killed Nazareno! You killed off one of my favorite characters. Bad Brikman McStudz.
Heh. It could've been a lot worse. Trust me. Which brings me to a fun fact: I flipped on coin to decide whether or not to kill Nazareno back in March. Blame the coin. Not me.Just to restate, I'm all set. Let the end begin, PeabodySam. Blaire Darkling can be handled afterwards if necessary....or will he?IC:Minerva smiled shakily at Bluetooth. "Good thinking, Bluetooth. Darkling's being pushed into a corner." She was still trying to keep all her emotions under wrap under a somewhat optimistic face.. Just a little longer. She told herself repeatedly. She could breakdown later. Her mom, her brother, and now Nazareno. Who else was going to die in these last moments?Minerva looked toward Vinyaya, who was looking back at her. Vinyaya could see she was on the edge and had the same glint of concern in her eye like she had before. Minerva's lips curled into a weak smile to try reassure the Space Police commando before gesturing her head weakly to Zelda, who stared at Nazareno's body in silence. Minerva motioned toward her."Zelda?" Minerva said quietly to her. She resonating greatly with the mixed feelings radiating from Zelda's person. Lost, sadness, shock. Minerva had like this and more all day and whatever deity out there seemed MegaBlokLand-bent on having her watch her loved ones die."I'm okay," Zelda said, sadness in her voice. Tears streamed freely down her face. "I can't believe it...""None of us can," Vinyaya said as she and Bluetooth joined them. "You...we can't let this stop us. We need to get back out there. Finish this fight." Zelda nodded slowly. She then slowly bowed down to close Nazareno's blank eyes."When this is done," Minerva said with certainty. "We're going to finish what Nazareno started: hunting down and stopping Darkling.""He has nowhere to hide and no one to hide him," Bluetooth added. "He'll be found and will finally pay for his crimes." Zelda bit her lip and nodded again. Finally, she moved away the body and picked up Nazareno's sword that he had been killed with. She looked at it with cold, malicious eyes before wiping the blood of the blade with her jacket. After a quick search around the floor before find Nazareno's other katana. Dropping her silver sword to the floor, Zelda put both swords in the sheaths on her back."I think..." Zelda said, her voice growing stronger. "He would want Blaire to fall by his own blades." Minerva, Vinyaya, and Bluetooth nodded in silence. She then turned to Nazareno one last time. A sob was choked back in her throat. She then wrapped her arms around his and begun to drag him to the side. Minerva and Holly soon ran up to her and helped her carry Nazareno to the side, where they placed boards of wood over his body to conceal him."If the building still stands after this," Zelda said as she turned away, wiping a tear from her cheek. "I want his body to be safe." Minerva nodded in agreement. Hopefully he would be ignored by the increasing number of Mutant Dinos entering the building. Hopefully he wouldn't be turned into a snack for some lizard."Now," Zelda said, her voice growing stronger. "Let's get back out there."*******************************Zach stared at the PDA in shock. No. That's...impossible. Kareem Nazareno couldn't be dead. That would be absurd. And yet here it was in a message from Bluetooth. Nazareno was dead. Slayed by the only one who could truly match him in sword combat. His longtime rival."Motherznapping 4+ Megabloking Megabloker!" Zach muttered, curses directed at Blaire Darkling. Grief was being overshadowed by an undeniable rage. He had killed Thaddeus Brickhouse and now Kareem Nazareno, one of the closest friends he made in the Builder-forsaken war. Zach looked at his right hand. The gold sheen seemed to have dimmed with passing of its creator. He was just going to hold back because of the alliance between the Dino Attack and XERRD. Not anymore. Blaire would pay for the lives he's taken today, Zach was certain."Doc Cyborg!" Zach snapped, sounding much more harsh than he had intended. Dr. Cyborg turned to him, a definite look of sadness on his face as he learned of Nazareno's death. "You need to take control of XERRD. Now.""That was my intention," Dr. Cyborg said, cracking his knuckles. Under his breath, Zach thought he heard Dr. Cyborg mutter. "So that's what he meant by something 'regretable'."Zach ignored it. "With XERRD reforming, hopefully they'll take your command without question." Zach paused to consider the next move. "Tell them that, should they come across the Blaire, they lead him on into thinking he's still leader. Contact me if they find him.""What are you going to do?" Dr. Cyborg asked."Gather up a couple of friends." Of the top of his head, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda came to mine. We're going to teach Blaire a lesson for killing our friends and betraying out trust."Dr. Cyborg nodded grimly. "I'll see to it." Zach nodded appreciatively and turned away, placing his hand firmly over his head, letting out a long sigh as his eyes began to water. A different kind of fatigue was setting in. He was tired of this. The death. The destruction. Not knowing if your friends will live through the day or not. It was draining. They were moments from firing the Einstein Device and stopping Dr. Rex. Fate seemed to decide that, in these last moments, to start picking off people close to him at this moment. Semick and Nazareno could just be the first. Who was to say Zach didn't lose the friends he had made during this war in the last minutes?"Are you okay, Zach?" Andrew said suddenly, moving in close to Zach. Zach removed the hand from his face and looked at Andrew. He could see that his fellow LEGO Islander's features suggested sadness as well. He had also lost a friend in Semick and, while he didn't know Nazareno particularly well, grieved the loss of the space ninja as well."I'll pull through," Zach said, lifting up his glasses up to wipe the tears out from under his eyes. "I'm just ready for that party you mentioned."Andrew smiled faintly. "When we don't have worry about whether or not we'll see our friends again.""I was thinking about joining the Nexus Force after this all was done," Zach said wistfully. "Seeing as how deeply involved I've sort of become with this. Now...settling down for a little while sounds a heckuva lot better at this point. Take a break, so to speak."Andrew nodded. They both stared at into the battlefield in silence, watching as Dr. Rex moved closer and closer. "I suppose you should get ready to help with Rex.""Yeah," Zach said, stretching his arms. Most of his energy from his fight with Willa had been restored. He was ready. All that mattered now was getting that Creative Spark out of Rex. It wouldn't be pleasant, but it was necessary. One quick procedure, then the Einstein Device would be ready.The end would finally be here.

OOC: Heh. Blade Darkling. I suppose they kinda look the same. Blade...Blaire....Blade...Blaire....Blairde...
OOC: I just assumed that was a typo. I mean you've mostly been calling him Blaire (and even referred to him as such on the wiki) and then you suddenly decide to call him Blade? A bit odd, if you ask me.

OOC: It was a typo. I'm merely pointing it out, being the kind of person I am.

OOC: Because I'd intended Swerve's end to happen immediately before PeaSam's post, I've moved the IC yet again. I hope nobody minds. It's just that I don't think the whole fight with Darkling/Nazareno death could've happened in the minute I hesitantly specified.IC: "That Einstein Device ready yet?"Hotwire looked up as the voice burst from the radio. It was Swerve. He glanced at Hertz and Dr. Cyborg, and said, "Another minute, at best?" They nodded in agreement."Not sure you've got that long. Dr. Rex shook off Semick's kamikaze maneuver in no time flat, and it looks like Doc Cyborg's little stunt made him even madder." There was a pause. "Tell Frozeen it's been great knowing him, and Rex...well, that's nothing short of an honor. Oh, and Hotwire?""Yes?""You did good, kid. You did real good."------------------------Swerve turned to Mort. "Get out of here."The pale man's brow furrowed. "Excuse me?""Get out," Swerve repeated. "You're too smart to die here. Get to HQ.""The headquarters is hardly safer than this. Dr. Rex is likely to raze the place.""Not if the guys on the roof have the time they need!" Swerve cried. "And that's what I'm gonna get them.""You'll die.""Already dead. Or something. Y'know, all these years we've been fightin' 'em, and I still dunno how that works for drones." Swerve chuckled. "Guess I'll find out. Now GO!" For the first time almost any living mind could remember, Mort's face showed emotion. Grudgingly, he climbed down from the turret. He looked back at the man who, he had to admit, was his only true friend. Swerve was fiddling with the maintainence panels at the base of the cannon.Mort dropped to the ground. Sappy lines like 'I'll never forget you' did not occur to him, as words would have been rather trivial. He hurried towards the base behind another group of agents, including a giant swordsman in an ADO uniform. As they reached the doors of DAHQ, Mort stopped and glanced back again.For the first and only time, Swerve's Iron Predator broke from the defensive line and shot towards Dr. Rex. The armored beast was closing in quickly, blowing clouds of purple flame to clear his path. It was little more than a second before the tank-like vehicle struck him in the legs. Dr. Rex, too startled to dodge, stumbled, but before he could hit the ground, the IP exploded.It was larger than expected for such a vehicle. If he had to guess, Mort would say Swerve had plugged the power cells for the Cryothermic Cannon into themselves, creating a massive short circuit. Dr. Rex's Maelstrom flames could only have exacerbated the reaction. He spared a small smile.Dr. Rex himself had been knocked back nearly twenty feet, and was struggling to rise. The Maelstrom bands around his body seemed to squeeze tighter yet, and hauled the T-Rex upward. Wobbling slightly, he charged once again.Not willing to wait any longer, Mort ducked inside. "Well, you've got your minute," he muttered, glancing upwards. "I certainly hope it's enough."OOC:

Jackson finds it funny we're scrambling to get "that one last important post in". I find it funny that at, just before the climax, we decide to start killing important characters off (Swerve, Semick, Nazareno). Kind of like running a race and tripping just before the finish line. I guess.
As far as Swerve is concerned, he was always meant to die. I'd been planning a scene like that ever since I decided to bring Septimus into At War's End. I realize that it looks a bit more improvised after Semick's exit, but I suppose that can't be helped.And I'm not sure he really counts as an "important character." Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:I blame you for choosing to flip the coin in the first place. Again, bad Brikman!IC:"Just one thing," Dr. Cyborg said before Zach walked away. "I want in as well.""I'll think about it," Zach replied.Dr. Cyborg turned to the window. He looked outside and and climbed up to the roof, as the stairs were blocked. He grabbed a wire attached to the radio mast and split his normal hand into wires, leaving his cannon active. He put the wires with the radio wire and sent a voice and text message across the city to XERRD, although Dino Attack could also receive it."Attention all XERRD members! As you may or may not know, Blaire Darkling has shown his true colors as Matthew Vherestorm, dangerous assassin! All XERRD personnel are ordered to disregard any orders he gives you! His authority and command code have and will be terminated! I am XERRD's full leader now! I will choose a second later. Right now, I need all XERRD members to come to the front of the DA HQ! I have one final mission of the war! Hold back Dr. Rex as long as possible! To the ones who will die in this, I thank you for your service! Dr. Cyborg out." He let go of the wire and reformed his hand.He climbed back into the lab, where he grabbed a toolkit. He pulled out a small screwdriver and opened up an access hatch on his cannon. He then started reconfiguring its hardware and software to extract a Creative Spark and hold it for a few minutes.OOC:I'm going to use his cannon to extract the Spark, and store it for the few minutes until it is fired. I imagine a Creative Spark will decay without a proper container, especially when it has been affected by Maelstrom. The result of all this logic is, for the last few minutes of Rex's life, he will be stored in Dr. Cyborg's body. So, if he has any last words or thoughts he can't say himself for whatever reason, he can mentally tell Dr. Cyborg. Weird I know, but I'd like it to happen this way if PeaSam doesn't object.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Just to restate, I'm all set. Let the end begin, PeabodySam. Blaire Darkling can be handled afterwards if necessary....or will he?
OOC: DARN YOU BRICKMAN! Just when I had something interesting to do you go and pull this. I was kinda hoping to have an interesting confrontation with Mr. Darkling. Edited by Atton Rand

Just to restate, I'm all set. Let the end begin, PeabodySam. Blaire Darkling can be handled afterwards if necessary....or will he?
OOC: DARN YOU BRICKMAN! Just when I had something interesting to do you go and pull this. I was kinda hoping to have an interesting confrontation with Mr. Darkling.
OoC:As was I, but I think it's time we forgot about all these subplots and commenced with the true climax. Solomon Koplowitz is available to be Cyborg's second in command and he will have some things to say about Darkling. I find it somewhat amusing Atton, that Rotor would choose to question Snake (a petty criminal) about Blair Darkling while Solomon Koplowitz (a senior member of XERRD) is standing right next to him. :PIf Rotor wants to drop off Solomon by the front of the base as Dr. Cybrog requested, it would be nice. I would prefer him be on the ground as well.Assuming the PeabodySam does not post soon, are we allowed to find/interact with Darkling? If so, what are the terms? Can we talk to him, fight him, capture or kill?I really don't have anymore iCs planned. Although I have ideas for Solomon, I don't imagine I'll have time to implement them before PeabodySam's impending end.BTW Brikman, Nazareno's death was a tear jerkier, I will admit however that I saw it comming. If Liam Neeson is to play the Ninja like Brikman recommended, it seems he continues to be a Cronically Killed Actor. :biggrin: Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: Holy smokes guys. That was just saying PeabodySam could go ahead and wrap the battle up. If we have to wait a bit, you all may get your chance to get a crack at Blaire.

blame you for choosing to flip the coin in the first place. Again, bad Brikman!
Heh. That reminds me. Nazareno's death could've been a lot more morbid. I should elaborate on the "What Could Have Been" section sometime.
I will admit however that I saw it comming
I figured someone would. During the whole last bit I was using Exact Words to avoid revealing anything. I'd only say "when the fight's over, etc." And then there's this bit back just before the final battle started:
Even as he said it, he still wasn't sure if he was going to survive, but if anyone was, Kareem Nazareno and his very skilled apprentice Zelda Frodongan would.
That was possibly/maybe a tip of that one, the other, or both wouldn't survive. And there was the was this:
"Well, for starters; based on what you told me, I am thirteen years your senior." [Nazareno said to Zelda]
Thirteen. So far, building on the thirteenth floor hasn't cause us issues, but Nazareno being thirteen-years-older than Zelda was another intentional clue; it wouldn't work out for them, one way or another.Regardless, we can have Snake, Solomon, and/or anyone else encounter Blaire. Not to kill, of course. Capture...possibly. Talking and fighting are up, though. But first...A post!IC:Blaire Darkling gnashed his teeth together as he cleaned up the wound on his hip and applied a bandage to it. All he had to do was find some downed Fire Hammer in this Builder-forsaken battlefield. Naturally, there had been a first-aid kit inside. Even though his side stung, Blaire allowed himself to grin.He's had won. A battle that had lasted the better part of a decade was over. Kareem Nazareno was dead. He would congratulate himself on tying up that loose end from his past except...Minerva Fabello, Zelda Frodongan, Zachary Virchaus, the Space Police officer, and the other agent knew he was Matthew Vherestorm. And with Nazareno's demise, they would certainly spread the fact. Blaire had been relying on them focusing on winning the battle, but they would certainly reveal him now.He jumped down from the Fire Hammer and made sure his lone Shinobi katana was placed neatly in his trenchcoat. He could work around this. As Matthew Vherestorm, he had navigated past unforeseen obstacles before. He could do it again. Somehow. Blaire had to admit things were looking grim for him.As he flipped his wet hair out from in front of in sunglasses, Blaire saw several Space Marauders suddenly run at them, their guns and rockets pointed at him. Blaire raised an eyebrow. "What is the meaning of this?" he demanded."Save it," the voice of Gary Oak snarled. "You're finished, Darkling. Or should I say, Matthew Vherestorm?" Blaire held back his surprise with a curt laugh."What are you talking about, Oak?" Blaire snapped, crossing his arms. "Who is Matthew Vherestorm?""We got the message from Dr. Cyrista," another Space Marauder hissed, a rocket pointed directly at Blaire's chest. "And there's another message from some DA agent named Bluetooth. You betrayed the alliance you helped create!" Blaire didn't say anything."Don't worry, Blaire," Gary said. "XERRD will keep reforming, just like you intended. Without you. Now drop any weapons you may have."Blaire gave Gary a curious smile that hid an undeniable anger. Not that his leadership from XERRD had been revoked. He could care less about that. In the background, he could hear a voice emitting from a helicopter."Blaire Darkling, this is Elite Agent Rotor. I have orders to take you in by any means necessary. I suggest you do not attempt to resist or there will be serious consequences. I repeat do not resist or else we will open fire."His cover had been blown. After three years, everything was suddenly coming out. He had resolved to kill the five people that knew earlier. Now, hundreds knew who Blaire Darkling had been. And they wanted his head. Blaire's body straightened up. "You do make reformation so difficult." Blaire said with a half sigh."What are you-erk!" Gary was cut off as the blade of Blaire's katana sunk into his chest. Before they could react, Blaire had his handgun out and shot down the Space Marauders one by one, feeling no remorse as they dropped. He then ran at the remaining three. One Space Marauder managed to avoid his fire and launched a rocket at him. Blaire rolled out of the way and fired again, clipping his arm. The Space Marauder howled in pain and clutched his arm, dropping his weapons. Blaire walked casually over to the Space Marauder and shot him dead with his own weapon before returning to Gary.The Space Marauder stared at the katana jutting out of his chest. "How-" he gasped.Blaire shook his head in pity. "You are a fool, Gary Oak. And you've paid for it. But...I'm feeling mercifully." Blaire's hands wrapped around Gary's head and sharply turned it. There was sharp crack before Gary's eyes rolled back. Blaire pulled the katana out the Space Marauder's body as he collapsed to the ground.Wiping the blade clean of Gary's blood, Blaire looked on to the battlefield. He had tried to reform. He tried to go good. It seemed fate itself was against the very prospect. Blaire shrugged and began to walk out into the battlefield. Matthew Cyrista and Bluetooth had made the worst mistakes of their lives. Everyone knew his secret. Everyone was a target.He would escape later. A new identity could be formed and his secret could be hidden again. Blaire Darkling would be no more in a matter of hours. It was his last hurrah. He would slaughter everything that crossed his path. XERRD, Dino Attack, Alpha Team, Agents, Mutant Dinos. They would all die should they cross him. There was a reason why Matthew Vherestorm's priority level to the Space Police only dropped after the Black Hole Gang rose to power, two years after he disappear; he was a one-man army. Without Nazareno to challenge him, he wouldn't be stopped. He would kill until he grew tired of it. And the best part?He would feel no sympathy.

IC: "No sign of this Blaire Darkling yet," Rotor remarked. "Snake said anything back there?"There was a moment of silence before one man approached Rotor. "I think I might be able to help you," he said. "I know the guy far better than he ever did.""Is that so?" Rotor shouted. "Well, why the znap didn't you say so? We could have caught him by now!" OOC: That's supposed to be Solomon, by the way. Funny thing, I just finished watching the new Doctor Who Episode, which had a character named Solomon who was a bad guy.

OOC: Wow, talk about Anyone Can Die. Just like that, Semick, Swerve (heck, even the undead are dying!), and Kareem Nazareno kicked the bucket. I'll admit that I didn't see any of these coming, but I enjoyed reading them (well... maybe except for Nazareno, seeing as it was a Tear Jerker that left Darkling currently as a Karma Houdini, but I hope we'll take care of him later). Also, I think that Semick has, hands-down, the most dignified death in the entire RPG.Thank you, everybody. It's been fun, guys. But now, I think it's time we ended this war.

In a two-seated Urban Avenger, three men fought with guns blazing through the ranks of enemies. One, Agent Walker, was in near-pyschotic rage as he fired his pistol into his crowd of Mutant Raptors, screaming about something to do with a credit card. The other, Agent Lovhaug, used a unique kind of laser pistol that had the body of a pirate flintlock, and occasionally punched Mutant Lizards in the gun while screaming about his manhood. Supporting them was a cackling mad XERRD scientist by the name of Dr. Insano, who was clinging to theirs rolebars while pointing strange scientific devices at the hordes, decimating them in the process. Together, they seemed quite humorous, but they were undeniably doing much damage in their final stand.
Heh. You know, after watching To Boldly Flee, I was wondering why we passed up the opportunity to have a Dr. Insano ersatz working for XERRD. Then I saw this lovely bit and laughed. Then I sighed rather sadly, knowing that, much like how we are ending this seven-year-old RPG, To Boldly Flee marked the seventh anniversary of the Nostalgia Critic... and, well...Seven years, bad luck.
OOC: PeabodySam, before I forget, I've been meaning to ask you if it's okay for me to keep bugging you on Steam when we're done. I mean we'll have to find other things to talk about but still...
Yeah, sure. Although I haven't seen you on Steam in nearly a month. But if you want to chat about something or if you're up for a match of Mann Versus Machine, feel free to drop me a message.I hope to keep in contact with some of you, even after the RPG ends. I feel like I've known you guys too long to just cut things short like this.
In short, I killed him for the optimism. Wow, that sounds like an oxymoron.
I suppose, when you get down to it, this is the reason why I enjoy killing off my main character at the end of long, epic stories. Not because I want a depressing downer ending... but because I want an ending that manages to be optimistic... while... um... not Tasting Like Diabetes... or something like that?
And now that this RPG is ending, can I interest any of you in my Alien Conquest RPG? I've had some people say that they would probably join when this is over and it's almost over. I'd like to once again formally invite everyone to join the Alien Conquest when this is over.
I'll probably be on RPG burnout for quite a while once my commitment to Dino Attack RPG is finished. But I have been considering joining Alien Conquest RPG... no promises, though... My character would most likely be a Pluuvian Brain Beast (a.k.a. Clinger), just to be different from all the other players who are playing as the humans or humanoid aliens, and it would be named something along the lines of L'mahr (or maybe Yabba M'Yzyng). Again, no promises, and I'm most likely going to be taking a long break from RPGs after this (and if I return, then I'll probably revert to my original style of short ICs and making stuff up as I go along, rather than long ICs building up to a specific plan).Although, if you want to be in on a little secret, I've got a character idea that I've been waiting a long time to use for an Exo-Force RPG, should it ever come around.
OOC: This is pretty hilarious -- as soon as PeaSam decides it's time to end the battle because none of us are posting, all of us suddenly realize we have to post. xD
Jajajajaja! My brilliant evil mad zcientizt experiment to vorze all ze RPG playerz to get ovv zeir lazy bumz und keep pozting vaz a brilliant zukzezz!
OOC:I'm going to use his cannon to extract the Spark, and store it for the few minutes until it is fired. I imagine a Creative Spark will decay without a proper container, especially when it has been affected by Maelstrom. The result of all this logic is, for the last few minutes of Rex's life, he will be stored in Dr. Cyborg's body. So, if he has any last words or thoughts he can't say himself for whatever reason, he can mentally tell Dr. Cyborg. Weird I know, but I'd like it to happen this way if PeaSam doesn't object.
Well, I admit it's certainly better than my original idea, which was for Dr. Cyborg to pull an Injection Saw out of nowhere (and subsequently hang a lampshade on it).... Well, guys, this is it. I would suggest listening to "Battle of the Heroes" by John Williams, "Last Battle" by Koji Kondo, or whatever other climatic "battle to end all battles" song you can think of while reading this.IC:The end had come.Dr. Rex lumbered towards Dino Attack Headquarters, his pace quickening with every step as he was more determined than ever to raze it to the ground.Down below, a Dino 4WD Trapper driven by agent Anubis struggled to catch up to Dr. Rex while avoiding the tendrils of destructive Maelstrom energy. The idealist hailing from Egypt might not have been one of the team’s most famous members, but he had seen a lot during his time in the war, from what he perceived as the ghost of Rev Raptor to a Maelstrom-infected brick in Digger’s office. Anubis had seen Semick’s grand sacrifice and Swerve’s kamikaze maneuver, and knew that no matter what happened in the end, even a moment’s delay could help buy the headquarters just enough time. All he needed to do was to create that delay.In a valiant effort, Anubis unleashed the hook and cable of the jeep in one last attempt to replicate the strategy he had developed with the LEGO Racers. After hooking it on Dr. Rex’s foot, Anubis drove in a tight circle around Dr. Rex, hoping that the rope would trip the Mutant T-Rex and stall him just long enough. He knew it would not work, but Anubis was determined not to go down without a fight.As Dr. Rex faintly felt the cable tugging against his shin armor, Anubis’s plan was given away. Growling, Dr. Rex raised one foot, snapping the cable as he did so, and slammed it down upon the hood of the Dino 4WD Trapper. Then, he opened his maw and engulfed the vehicle and its driver in a jet of purple-tinged flames. Anubis forever departed from this world.His chains pulled by Baron Typhonus to make sure that he kept going, Dr. Rex unrelentingly closed the distance between himself and Dino Attack Headquarters. A group of Iron Predators gathered at the base of the building to defend it from the Mutant T-Rexes. Dr. Rex clawed his way through his fellow Mutant Dinos to get close enough, then paused as a dozen Cryothermic Cannons pointed at him. In a single blast of his fire breath, he incinerated the Iron Predator defense around the base of the building. There were no survivors.A flash of lightning illuminated the area, and thunder rumbled from the heavens. Up above, the clouds began to swirl into a vortex-like shape.Staring up at the center of the vortex, Dr. Rex bared his teeth and then delivered an inhuman roar. He was not sure what drove him to do so, but he felt compelled to climb up towards the heavens. He buried his claws into the wall of Dino Attack Headquarters, and the tendrils of Maelstrom energy began to cling onto the building’s side to give him even greater grip. Then, placing claw over claw, foot over foot, and tendril over tendril, Dr. Rex began to scale Dino Attack Headquarters.*****The end had come.Rex had made peace with his fate, and nothing could sway his decision. He was ready to meet his destiny. Still, the knowledge that this was iteverything had been building up to this moment… everyone who had lived and died fighting this war was fighting for now… and it was all about to come to an end at last… With this knowledge in mind, Rex could not help but feel tears forming at the base of his eyes.It had only been eight months, but it felt like nearly eight years to Rex as he reflected upon all that had happened during the Dino Attack. He had learned of his unique origins on Adventurers’ Island. He discovered that he was part of a XERRD gambit to destroy the Dino Attack Team. He had tamed Mutant Dinos, starting with his dear friend Trouble. He worked with close comrades such as Frozeen, PBB, and Chompy. He fought against a mind-controlled Kotua and saved Dino Attack agents in peril such as Databoard, Turahk-Kal, and Glide. He went on adventures with Zero and Phantom. He met, fell in love, and ultimately married Amanda Claw. He battled some of the most famous villains and later allied with them. He discovered the Dino Island Laboratory and altered the very premise of the war. He teamed up with Reptile, Hotwire, Zenna, Greybeard, and Fullmetal in the Goo Caverns mission. He fought alongside Coral and Semick for the fate of LEGO Island. He met Andrew, Dust, Zachary Virchaus, Dr. Cyborg, and Hertz in the battle for Adventurers’ Island. He looked into the eye of the Maelstrom and challenged the Darkitect himself.Everything he had experienced was building up to this moment. And then, after so long, it would finally end.Andrew’s words had truly moved him. Although Rex was aware that he had gained quite a bit of reputation among the team, after enduring so much pain, feeling so much darkness, and seeing so much death, Rex’s heart was warmed by Andrew’s praise. It made it just that much easier to accept his fate, with the knowledge that his life really meant something.Thunder rumbled, and Dino Attack Headquarters shook with the force of impending doom scaling its wall. The battle was longer than Dino Attack Team could normally endure, so many had died, and those that were still alive were weary. It seemed as though they did not stand a chance, but Rex knew that as long as Dino Attack Team carried the heart and courage that it had shown these past twenty-four hours, they would keep on fighting to the end. It was all so very powerful to Rex.Rex thought of everyone who had fought for the Dino Attack. The founding members: Specs, Shadow, Digger, and Viper. Those that had disappeared, such as Kotua, Databoard, Zero, and Fullmetal. Those that had perished, such as Amanda, Adventure, and Semick. And those that were still fighting today: Reptile, Hotwire, Rotor, Zenna, B, Andrew, Hertz, Zachary, Dr. Cyborg, Frozeen, and Greybeard.The greatest people anyone could have ever known.“Thank you,” whispered Rex as tears welled up in his eyes. “Thank you all.”Rex turned to see Zachary Virchaus and Dr. Cyborg staring tentatively at him. Rex noticed that the latter had reconfigured his arm cannon to resemble a XERRD injection saw, presumably for the extraction and containment of his Creative Spark. “Are you ready?” inquired Zachary.Rex quickly surveyed the area around him, locking eyes with everyone present, starting with Reptile and Hotwire, and ending with Frozeen and Greybeard. It was a mutually understood communication; an unspoken but heartfelt goodbye. Then, turning his attention back to Zachary and Cyborg, Rex nodded slowly. “Remember, Zach. If I’m right, the Maelstrom will do everything in its power to prevent my Creative Spark from being extracted.”“I’ll hold it back,” nodded Zachary. After a brief pause, he noted: “I… think that might have been the first time you called me ‘Zach’.”Rex smiled, sadly. “Goodbye.” Then, at peace, he slowly shut his eyelids and raised his arms to a T-position, allowing Zachary and Dr. Cyborg to do their work. As Reptile, Hotwire, Zenna, Hertz, Specs, and Gromtin prepared the Einstein Device to receive its payload, Dr. Cyborg and Zachary nodded towards each other, and then Zachary made his move.Zachary concentrated upon the Maelstrom energies in Rex’s body. He could feel their presence, and they had taken up root so deeply in his body that they could never be extracted. However, Zachary could also sense a source of pure Imagination: Rex’s Creative Spark. The Maelstrom could not bear to be too close to the Imagination, but while it was kept at bay, it licked at the Imagination like fire biting at dust in the air, and almost seemed to be attempting to constrict it.Pooling his energies, Zachary focused in prying the Maelstrom energy away from the Creative Spark. It was a slow process, like attempting to remove boulders from an avalanche without triggering another rockslide, for if he moved too quickly, Zachary knew the Maelstrom would retaliate. Rex was still alive, after all, and his features hardened ever-so-slightly as he felt the Maelstrom in his body shifting around. Slowly, the Maelstrom gave way, clearing a path to Rex’s Creative Spark. “Now…!” whispered Zachary in a strained voice.Without hesitation, Dr. Cyborg made his move. He planted his reconfigured arm cannon into Rex’s torso. Rex’s body stiffened and he made a muted grunt, but he relaxed his form. Dr. Cyborg began to extract the Creative Spark, and the injection-cannon began to glow a brilliant blue as it was filled with Imagination.Just as Dr. Cyborg completed the process, the Maelstrom retaliated. Tendrils of Maelstrom energy, much like the ones constricting Dr. Rex, sprung out from Rex’s body, and Dr. Cyborg jumped back just in the nick of time before they could grab him. Rex’s eyes suddenly shot open, but they were completely blank and lifeless. He opened his mouth and produced a bloodcurdling laugh.“It is too late! This is the end! And now… you will die!”The other Dino Attack agents gasped and looked upon Rex with horror. Maelstrom energy swirled around Rex as more tendrils burst out of his body. He set his cold, dead eyes upon Zachary and Dr. Cyborg, and shambled towards them. The Maelstrom tendrils stretched and, before Dr. Cyborg could react, wrapped around him and began to constrict his form.Stop him! whispered a voice, just barely audible enough to be heard.Greybeard snapped out of his stupor first. He fired his flintlock pistol at Rex, who stumbled and let go of Dr. Cyborg, dropping the scientist to the floor. This bought Zachary just enough time to control the destructive powers of the Maelstrom energy and turn it against itself.Before their very eyes, Rex’s body aged at a horrifyingly rapid pace. His hair turned white, his body turned frail, and his face was covered with wrinkles. In only a second, he appeared eighty years old, the true age of Dr. Rex. Even then, Rex continued to age and wither, and his Dino Attack uniform disintegrated as his skin decayed. A mere second later, Rex was little more than a skeleton, and then that too crumbled into dust. Only then did the Maelstrom energies collapse upon themselves and vanish for good.For a moment, everyone was only able to stare at the space where Rex had once stood. If seeing Rex forever crippled, seeing him give in to madness, and learning that he was about to die were not disturbing enough, what had just transpired left everyone shaken.At last, Andrew found his voice. “It… wasn’t Rex. Without his Creative Spark, the Maelstrom just turned his body into another puppet for the Darkitect.”“That’s right,” nodded Kate Bishop. “Rex is in there.” She gestured towards Dr. Cyborg’s right arm.Dr. Cyborg looked down upon his arm cannon. He furrowed his brow and bit his lip. With Rex’s Creative Spark contained in his body, Dr. Cyborg suspected that any of Rex’s last words or thoughts would be projected through him. And yet, while his HUD confirmed that there was indeed Imagination stored in his system, it was silent.There was no turning back now; Rex was dead, his essence contained inside the injection-cannon, and his body turned to dust after becoming a tool of the Maelstrom. Still, Andrew and Kate’s words brought some sort of comfort to the Dino Attack agents, as they knew that Rex’s Creative Spark was still pure enough to do the trick.Hotwire and Hertz finished preparing the Einstein Device as Dr. Cyborg approached Reptile. Working together, the pair of scientists loaded the Imagination into the Einstein Device, and then Specs, Hotwire, and Hertz sealed the device. Andrew, Zenna, and Zachary held up the newly-repaired launcher, while Specs took the completed Einstein Device and looked it over.“We are ready,” Specs nodded firmly.*****As Dr. Rex scaled the side of Dino Attack Headquarters, placing claw over claw and tendril over tendril, he was constantly harassed by T-1 Typhoons. The Dino Attack helicopters had kept the Mutant Dinos at bay long enough; now that Dr. Rex himself had arrived on the scene, it was time to slow him down by any means necessary.Ride of the Valkyries and Brixter Boss blasted through the air as Rotor and the Brickster opened fire upon Dr. Rex with everything they had. Shadow and Digger blasted Dr. Rex with XL-4 Voltaic Launchers and Quintronic Sonic Beam Emitters. Sam Race’s T-1 Typhoon darted around too quickly for Dr. Rex to react in his numbed state, which was not helped by the combination of sonics and loud music ringing through his ears.Although the sonic attacks rattled his brain and the high-powered compressive power cells of the Voltaic Launchers were powerful enough to nearly cause him to lose his grip, he kept going. Even if the Maelstrom possessing his body did not force Dr. Rex to keep climbing, his anger, his hatred, and his determination pushed any thought of defeat out of his mind. After all, his silge armor protected him from most of the attacks, so in the end, the T-1 Typhoons could only slow him down… they could never stop him.Still, annoyed by the efforts of the T-1 Typhoons, a jet of fire erupted from Dr. Rex mouth, consuming the ninth floor of Dino Attack Headquarters in flames. Thanks to the high specific heat of silge and the mind-numbing pain he was already suffering, the fire barely affected him, but it would spread quickly, destroying all in its path like a wildfire.Dr. Rex continued his unrelenting ascension of the burning building. Nothing could stop him.*****Fire and smoke were not the only things that were rising to the thirteenth floor of Dino Attack Headquarters. Right on cue, a T-1 Typhoon arrived at the scene, and Viper could be seen hanging out of the cabin. Again, since Zenna’s T-1 Typhoon was occupying the helicopter landing pad, Viper had to jump down to the floor. Balling his hands into fists, Viper shouted: “Alright! Are we ready to show these scales who’s boss or what?”Hertz could not hear anything, but he could feel Dino Attack Headquarters shaking beneath his feet and was starting to become uncomfortably hot. He glanced through a broken window and noticed the smoke rising. Peeking out, he saw that the lower floors were on fire, and Dr. Rex was still climbing; even with the T-1 Typhoons slowing him down, he was unrelenting. Trying to control the volume of his voice while retaining the necessary tone of urgency, Hertz screamed: “LOOK, GUYS, THIS BUILDING ISN’T GOING TO STAND MUCH LONGER ONCE DR. REX GETS UP HERE. IF WE’RE GOING TO FIRE THAT THING, WE’D BETTER DO SO FROM A T-1 TYPHOON IN FLIGHT, JUST TO BE SAFE.”“Don’t worry,” Specs shook his head, “we’ve got a perfectly qualified pilot right here… if you’re up to the job, agent Zenna.” Astounded, Zenna was at a loss for words, but was able to nod her head once she regained control of her body.“Just remember,” Viper told Zenna, “you’ve got to fly the Typhoon so I can get a clear shot at that big bad beast. It all does kind of depend on you… but hey, no pressure!”“Don’t worry,” grinned Andrew. “She’s an ace pilot. She can handle this easily.” He patted Zenna on the back, hoping that would give her a good confidence boost.As Frozeen and Greybeard called for assistance, Andrew, Zachary, and Hertz finished dismantling the Super Teleport Pad in order to scavenge for bricks. They quickly assembled a blockade to keep the Mutant Lizards at bay; even though it would not hold for long, it might just be long enough. While it concerned him that this left everyone trapped in LEGO City, Specs knew that it was necessary to destroy the Super Teleport Pad before any Mutant Dinos could use it to travel to Antarctica, or else all would be lost.Zenna sat in the pilot’s seat and reacquainted herself with the T-1 Typhoon controls. One by one, everyone started climbing aboard the T-1 Typhoon. With so many elite agents, the helicopter cabin quickly grew crowded, so a T-2 Typhoon was quickly summoned to carry those that could not make it aboard the first one, such as Pharisee, Kate, Saran, and Gromtin. As Frozeen was helping Gromtin load her wheelchair into the helicopter, the makeshift barricade exploded as fire, Mutant Lizards, and Mutant Raptors poured out.Although Greybeard unsheathed his cutlass, General shook his head. “Did you forget about me? I’ve got the G.E. Body exosuit, and unless one of these mutants is carrying a Panrahk XP, I’ll make it through. Leave this to me.”Frozeen knew that General was right, as he once knew the perks of the G.E. Body. “We’ll provide air support,” nodded Frozeen. “Come on, Greybeard.” With that, the Alpha Team agent helped the old pirate step into the T-2 Typhoon before climbing aboard himself. No sooner had the T-1 Typhoon taken off and the T-2 Typhoon pull away from the building that the entire thirteenth floor became engulfed in the fire.General struggled to see through the fires, but as he turned away from the helicopters and faced the Mutant Dinos, he grinned and eagerly murmured: “I always wanted to use these.” He pulled out four Space Knights laser sabers, a gift from King Joseph Race during their time working together in the Portal Operations Team. Igniting the futuristic swords, General battled in the flames against the Mutant Dinos, with movements more like a graceful dance than a fight to the death.Mutant Lizards, Mutant Raptors… it did not matter, for a few quick strikes with his laser sabers would incapacitate any of General’s foes. Still, he appreciated the aid of the T-1 and T-2 Typhoons, which circled around the rooftop and provided cover by firing at the Mutant Dinos.From the T-2 Typhoon’s cabin, Frozeen watched the battle and nodded approvingly. After so many years of being General’s arch nemesis, it was immensely satisfying to see him fighting on the same side. “Come on, General,” he whispered.There was a flash of lightning immediately followed by a great thunderclap, but General could barely hear it over the terrifying sound of a bloodcurdling roar. Narrowing his eyes, General saw a great figure rise up from the flames and loom over him. In the darkness and through the flames, all General could see was a great shadow with a pair of glowing eyes, but he knew who it was.“Dr. Rex,” General narrowed his eyes.Dr. Rex looked down upon General and bared its teeth. “You…” he growled. “You were the one… who turned Talia… against me!” Seething with fury, Dr. Rex opened his mouth and poured out a jet of fire.General jumped out of the way in the nick of time, his agility never failing him. However, in the process, he dropped three of his laser sabers, and they were swallowed by the fire. “That’s right!” nodded General. “Your fight is with me! Now, let’s end this!”Dr. Rex roared and charged towards Dr. Rex like a bull, shaking off the combined firepower of the two Typhoons, which were now joined by a third belonging to Rotor. General leapt to the right, but Dr. Rex was surprisingly quick to react, swinging his tail low and knocking General to the floors. As soon as General was back on his feet, Dr. Rex swung his tail again.This time General was ready and grabbed Dr. Rex’s tail. General climbed up onto Dr. Rex’s back and ran along his spine whilst dodging the tendrils of Maelstrom energy, laser saber at the ready. Upon reaching the base of Dr. Rex’s neck, General found a schism in Dr. Rex’s armor where the helmet and neck met, and tried to pry it open with the laser saber.Although he successfully loosened the helmet, General was unable to knock it off before Dr. Rex reacted by shaking his entire form. In his attempt to dodge a tendril of Maelstrom energy, General lost his balance and fell off. In mid-fall, General threw his laser saber like a javelin aimed at Dr. Rex’s exposed eye, but the weapon was swallowed in the Maelstrom energy and disintegrated.No sooner had General hit the floor did Dr. Rex slam his foot down upon General’s form. He watched with surprise as General, struggling but still capable, slowly pushed the great weight of an armored T-Rex foot off of himself. Like the myth of Atlas, General managed to stand, lifting Dr. Rex’s foot above him with all four of his hands.Out of the corner of his eye, General noticed that Viper and Specs, aboard the T-1 Typhoon, were now loading the Einstein Device into its launcher. “Well, here we are,” grimaced General, hoping to buy some time for Viper. “Two beings, immortalized by our impenetrable armor, locked in epic battle until judgment day.”“Perhaps,” sneered Dr. Rex, “but when Ogel… designed you that… cheap suit… he should have… made sure… nothing… was exposed!”Tendrils of Maelstrom energy snaked down Dr. Rex’s leg. General realized what was about to happen, but was too late to do anything about it. The Maelstrom shot into the eyeholes of his helmet, the only exposed part of his form, giving the tendrils access to his weak and vulnerable body within. As Maelstrom energy poured into his G.E. Body, General could only scream as he suffered impossible pain.Despite all the firepower of the two T-1 Typhoons and the T-2 Typhoon, nothing could move Dr. Rex as General’s legs buckled and he collapsed under the weight of the foot. “No!” cried Frozeen, staring in horror at where General once stood. “General!”Rotor’s T-1 Typhoon circled around Dr. Rex, blasting everything the helicopter had. As Dr. Rex tried to focus upon the helicopter, the Brickster’s own T-1 Typhoon arrived at the scene and rained MegaBlokLand upon Dr. Rex, with so much explosive firepower that even Dr. Rex was knocked back. As a swarm of Mutant Pterosaurs dive-bombed the Brickster’s Typhoon, the T-2 Typhoon provided cover and shot the pterosaurs out of the sky.Sam Race’s T-1 Typhoon flew past Dr. Rex so quickly, the mutant tyrant lizard king barely had enough time to react as Rotor went in for another round. This time, Rotor ordered his gunners to fire at where General had loosened Dr. Rex’s armor. A volley of XL-4 Voltaic blasts rained down upon Dr. Rex, and his helmet went flying into the air and disappeared as it fell off the roof of Dino Attack Headquarters.“Now’s our chance!” Hotwire shouted. “Zenna, take us in so we can fire at his exposed head!”However, having a weak point revealed only made Dr. Rex even more dangerous. Roaring furiously, he tore a chunk out of the Brickster’s already-damaged T-1 Typhoon. The T-1 Typhoon was engulfed in flames as it flew through the fires of Dino Attack Headquarters. However, as the flaming wreckage fell down to the streets below, Frozeen was relieved to see the Brickster jump out in time, escorted by two Brickster-Bots with jetpacks.Zenna attempted to fly in the T-1 Typhoon close to Dr. Rex to give Viper a better shot, but the helicopter was bombarded by a flock of Mutant Pterosaurs. Reptile and Hotwire fired their weapons at the Mutant Pterosaurs, but they were too many in number. When the T-2 Typhoon attempted to provide cover, it was struck by Dr. Rex’s eye beams. While it remained in flight, it was temporarily out of control.Hertz grabbed a pair of Sonic Screamers in the ship’s cargo and released a combined sonic pulse that knocked more of the Mutant Pterosaurs out of the air. Rotor’s Typhoon went in for another attack, and only some quick maneuvering skills by Sam Race’s Typhoon kept Dr. Rex from tearing both helicopters out of the sky. Sam Race went in for another pass, but flew a little too close and ended up with his tail rotor on fire.By the time the Mutant Pterosaurs were cleared, the T-2 Typhoon was back in control of its own flight, but Rotor was having problems against Dr. Rex. The Mutant T-Rex tore off Rotor’s XL-4 Voltaic Launcher and disabled one of the Quintronic Sonic Emitters with his laser vision. An Alpha Team Helicopter and Agents Aerial Defense Unit tried to provide cover, but a bolt of lightning knocked the latter out of the skies while the former was consumed by Dr. Rex’s fires.Zenna circled her T-1 Typhoon around the roof of Dino Attack Headquarters. Sam Race knew that his burning T-1 Typhoon would not remain in flight for much longer, and so he recklessly decided to go in for one last pass. He served as a distraction to Dr. Rex while Rotor’s Typhoon unleashed another volley of attacks. While Sam Race looked for a safe place to crash-land the helicopter, another T-1 Typhoon arrived, piloted by Shadow.Even as a Mutant Pterosaur attacked the helicopter, Digger was lowered by the cable and fired a handheld PLARXX Radar Ray at the last possible second, scrambling the Mutant Pterosaur’s senses and knocking it out of the sky. The newcomer T-1 Typhoon flew towards the roof of Dino Attack Headquarters and opened fire on Dr. Rex.The T-2 Typhoon joined Rotor and Shadow’s T-1 Typhoons in a joint attack upon Dr. Rex. It was a valiant effort, but Dr. Rex was growing tired of the ordeal. He breathed fire at Rotor’s Typhoon, fired laser vision at Shadow’s Typhoon, and then slammed the bulk of his mass against the hull of the T-2 Typhoon.Greybeard stumbled and fell out of the T-2 Typhoon’s cabin. Frozeen acted quickly, grabbing the old pirate’s hand and saving him from a fiery fate, but their combined weight threatened to throw them both out of the helicopter. Kate wrapped her arms around Frozeen’s waist and Dr. Saran did likewise with Kate, but their combined weight was not enough, as they began to slide out of the cabin. It was not until Pharisee grabbed Saran’s shoulders with his great, strong hands that they were stopped from falling out.But before Pharisee could lift the others back into the helicopter, Dr. Rex raised his head to the T-2 Typhoon and opened his maw. His teeth were mere inches from Greybeard’s position, and the old pirate felt his hand slipping out of Frozeen’s grip. Feeling Dr. Rex’s hot breath, Greybeard locked eyes with Frozeen. “If I let go…” he whispered, “ye can make it…”“Don’t let go!” cried Frozeen, even as Mutant Pterosaurs circled overhead, waiting for the kill like a wake of vultures.“The war ends…” hissed Dr. Rex, as another jet of fire was about to erupt from his maw and consume the T-2 Typhoon.“Now!” shouted Reptile from Zenna’s T-1 Typhoon.Specs and Viper traded glances, then locked eyes upon Dr. Rex. Zenna’s reputed piloting abilities had proven themselves, for they were now at the perfect angle to get a clear shot at Dr. Rex’s exposed head while he was distracted by the T-2 Typhoon. “The Mutant Tyrant Lizard King…” announced Specs.“… now extinct!” grinned Viper as he pulled the trigger.Time seemed to slow as the Einstein Device was fired from its launcher. Flashing lights on the device seemed to leave a trail of blue light in their wake. The projectile flew through the flames and the debris of the wrecked thirteenth floor. Viper’s aim was true, and nothing could block its path.Out of the corner of his eye, Dr. Rex saw the incoming Einstein Device. He knew that it was moving too fast and already too close to dodge. Instead, Dr. Rex slowly took in a deep breath that he knew would be his last. This was it. This was the end. Everything he had worked for was over.But despite this knowledge, Dr. Rex felt a strange sense of relief in his final moments. It was over. He knew not what lied beyond the grave, but no matter what waited for him after death, he would finally be able to escape his cruel life. He would finally be freed from Baron Typhonus’s will. No one would have to suffer any more. It would all… end.Thank you, thought Dr. Rex, with sincere gratitude.When the Einstein Device hit, it detonated, releasing its payload. A great wave of Imagination, magnified in volume by the programming of the device, exploded outward, consuming Dino Attack Headquarters in an aura of blue light. It was too bright for anyone to look at, forcing many to avert their eyes or squint. The sound was also deafening, like a mixture of a whirlwind, an earthquake, an explosion, and a tidal wave all mixed into one.Faintly, one could hear the cries of hundreds of Mutant Dinos caught in the blast radius. The effect of the Einstein Device upon these creatures was that of a mercy kill. The Maelstrom in their bodies was simply too much, and by destroying the dark energies, their Creative Sparks were extinguished in the process.As the T-2 Typhoon raised its altitude, the Minifigs caught in the blast radius were unharmed. Rather, they were filled with rejuvenated energy and life, and with ease, Greybeard was pulled back aboard the helicopter.Rex, the one whose Creative Spark powered the Einstein Device, was only dimly aware of his surroundings. When the Einstein Device detonated, he knew that he would cease to exist, since his essence would be spread so far that it could never possibly come back together. But he did not regret his choice. Instead, as he reflected upon his life and thought of all the lives he would be saving… Reptile, Hotwire, Zenna, Rotor, B, Andrew, Hertz, Zachary, Dr. Cyborg… he felt at peace.For everyone.And so, when everything Rex knew became a white void and he heard a mysterious voice proclaim, “It is time,” Rex was ready to accept his fate. It was, indeed, time.I’m coming… Amanda…And then, Rex was gone.*****It was over.When the light faded away, all that remained of Dr. Rex was his armor, cast about the debris like a broken toy. The storm had subsided; while it was still raining, it had calmed to a light drizzle, and there was no longer any lightning.Dino Attack Headquarters still stood. It had taken more damage than one thought it could bear, between Firecracker’s explosives, the destructive Mutant Dinos, and the wild fires of Dr. Rex, but as though it were a symbol of Minifigures’ ability to persevere, it still stood as a monument to Dino Attack’s triumph.Most of the Mutant Dinosaurs, which were invading Dino Attack Headquarters at the time, were caught in the blast radius of the Einstein Device. Those that remained, scattered around the torn-up streets and wrecked buildings, were now masterless, as Dr. Rex had perished and, through him, Baron Typhonus had been banished for good. They were left confused and aimless as they tasted freedom for the first time, and as such no longer seemed to pose a threat to the remaining allied forces. Similarly, with their leaders captured during the battle, the Fright Knights and the Inferno henchmen quickly surrendered.Specs breathed a sigh of relief. “It’s over, at last.”“No,” Reptile shook his head. “This isn’t the end. This… is a new beginning.”The cabin of the T-1 Typhoon exploded in triumph. Andrew and Zachary laughed and patted each other on the backs; Hotwire gave Reptile a high-five; Dr. Cyborg nudged Hertz, grinned, and gave a thumbs-up. The radio was abuzz with cries of victory and a number of famous movie quotes. Specs and Viper nodded to each other. Everyone knew that they could never have done it without each other. Only by working as a team could they prepare the Einstein Device and win the battle.On the T-2 Typhoon, the passengers were celebrating their own victory. Greybeard had already proclaimed “Drinks all around!”, and Dr. Saran was recalling some sort of amusing anecdote to Gromtin and Kate. They received confirmation via radio that Rotor and Sam Race both survived the battle, and as they passed Shadow’s T-1 Typhoon, they caught a glimpse of Digger, still swinging on the cable, whooping excitedly.Frozeen stood apart from the rest of the celebration in his cabin. As the fires were already dying down, he jumped down from the helicopter and landed back on the thirteenth floor. He ran through the wreckage and the debris until he found what might have once been Specs’s office.There laid General, half-covered by a large piece of debris.Grunting, Frozeen pushed the rubble off of General’s form, who cried out in pain. “Oh my Builder,” whispered Frozeen as he surveyed the damage. Even if G.E. Metal could withstand so much, General looked to be in terrible shape.“Frozeen…” he whispered. “Please remove… my helmet… Cannot… breathe…”Nodding, Frozeen pulled the G.E. Body’s helmet off of General’s head, exposing his face for the first time in a decade. His skin, which was already wrinkled with age and scarred by burns, was now blackened and charred after what the Maelstrom did to him.General took in several deep breaths. “Ah… to breathe again…” he murmured, “for the first time so long… without a filter… to feel the rain… against my face…” Sighing, General locked eyes with Frozeen. “I’m not going to make it… will I? Tell Talia… I love her… and I’m sorry.”“You did good,” nodded Frozeen. “You did real good.”General chuckled, and they clasped hands. Then, General lightly brushed one hand against Frozeen’s cheek. “Your father… would be proud…” General whispered, a smile crossing his dry and broken lips.Frozeen took his hand, even as he felt it grow limp in his grip. General sighed one last time as he stared off into nothingness, passing away.Greybeard approached Frozeen from behind and gently laid a hand on the Alpha Team agent’s shoulder. “He be dead, but not in vain,” murmured Greybeard. “Much like Rex, he be gone… but ascended t’ a higher plane o’ existence. They now live on in all o’ us now.”Frozeen nodded his head solemnly.After seeing so many die in the past twenty-four hours alone, Frozeen felt no sadness or grief over the death of General… only grim acceptance. The deaths of Rex, General, and so many more were not to be mourned, but to be celebrated, for they gave their lives to save others, Frozeen realized. The Alpha Team agent stood as he gave one final goodbye to the brother and general of Evil Ogel.It was over.At last.OOC: That's it. It's finished. The war is over. These past seven years have been full of combat and strife... and now, we can finally enjoy peace.I tried to integrate as many available characters in the area into the battle as I could (as for Rotor and his crew, I'm just assuming that after the Blaire Darkling fiasco he returned to Dino Attack Headquarters because he wouldn't want to stay out of the fight). And even though it mostly came down to just Zenna flying a T-1 Typhoon with everyone aboard it, I made sure we put emphasis on the fact that "everyone aboard" contributed heavily to the Einstein Device, defense of HQ, or other important aspect of winning the final battle.We're now in peacetime. Feel free to wrap up any loose ends and celebrate your victory. You guys definitely earned it. And in say, two weeks (maybe three if we feel like procrastinating), we'll close up shop for good. In the mean time, I know I have quite a few loose ends to wrap up, especially considering that this might potentially be the last time you see Frozeen, Greybeard, and the rest of my crew for a long time.I know I sound like a broken record, but... Thanks guys, it's really been a blast. I'll probably have a more speech-like "thank you" speech come closing time, but I cannot sum up my feelings for how... happy... and proud... I am to have written this grand story with you. Thanks for all the memories!

OOC: Awesome, PeabodySam. That's just... amazing. Freakin' amazing.I'll have a proper IC up later, I just need some time to think over it and plan out how I'm going to pull out my last real plan, which I believe I still need to collaborate with Brikman on.

OOC: PeabodySam, before I forget, I've been meaning to ask you if it's okay for me to keep bugging you on Steam when we're done. I mean we'll have to find other things to talk about but still...
Yeah, sure. Although I haven't seen you on Steam in nearly a month. But if you want to chat about something or if you're up for a match of Mann Versus Machine, feel free to drop me a message.I hope to keep in contact with some of you, even after the RPG ends. I feel like I've known you guys too long to just cut things short like this.
OOC: The main reason I haven't been online is because I had to make a switch from my old computer to a Mac (my old computer is in the repair shop, and I haven't heard anything on it yet). I tried downloading Steam on the Mac, but I had some trouble getting it to run. Hopefully some point in the near future I'll either get around to figuring out how to run Steam on a Mac, or get my old computer back, in which case I'll be able to bug you some more. Actually, I have thought about talking to you about an idea I had for an unrelated screenplay- I haven't really set anything down yet but I got an idea in my head and since you wrote half of what inspired that idea I think it's only fair that you be allowed some input.For some reason, I'm imagining "Jill's Theme" (composed by Ennio Morricone) from the 1968 film Once Upon a Time in the West to be playing in the background of this post, especially the scenes with the doctors.IC: There was excitement and relief in the air as Cabin and Rotor quickly hugged each other and kissed for a second. Over the radio, one man, probably a former journalist, could be heard."Antarctica, reception clear. Over""Are there any newsmen waiting? Over""Place is full of them. Over.""Alright fellas, here's your story. LEGO City, December 21, Agent Scott reporting. One of the greatest battles was fought and won today by the minifig race. Here in one of our greatest cities the agents faced what we hope is the final invasion by mutated dinosaurs. A man named Noah once saved the minifig race with an arc of wood. Here in LEGO City a few men performed a similar service with an arc of imagination. The man responsible for the Dino Attack and many of his followers have been destroyed, but not without casualties among our own meager forces. I would like to bring some of the people responsible for our success, but at the moment our leader Agent Specs is attending to demands over and above the call of duty. And now, before giving you the details of the battle, I bring you a warning. Every one of you listening to my voice, tell this to anybody wherever they are! Watch the horizon- everywhere- keep looking- keep looking. Keep watching for anything!"OOC: I don't have much at the moment, but I figured someone's going to want to tell everybody in Antarctica the good news. Since we didn't have any journalist characters I had to create one. Feel free to participate in interviews or to expand on the news report if you like. Also bonus points to anyone who can actually identify the reference.IC: Shaw's prayers were silenced when Pierce suddenly looked up."What?" Shaw asked nervously."It's quiet," replied Pierce. "A moment ago there was something maddening, insane- we could hear that thing smashing into the ground, but it's quiet.""What do we do?" Shaw asked."There's a radio in here, still. I didn't expect us to need it but we can still get an update on the battle."Pierce ran over to the radio and sat down, set the frequency, and put on his headphones."This is Doctor Alan Pierce. Requesting update on combat situation. Over."A voice on the other end was somewhat garbled in static. "Dr... bee...dead.. I repeat... octor Rex... dead."Pierce smiled. "If you just said what I think you said, you might want to get a couple of sledgehammers down to the basement quickly. Over and out."Pierce took off his headphones and smiled. He quickly stood up and hugged Shaw. "They did it!" He shouted. "This war's over!"Shaw smiled. Crusher and Copper, having overheard, ran toward him out of curiosity.On the other end of the room, Sarah Bishop smiled- she just hoped Kate was alright. Maybe they could be together after all. Pierce broke free of the excitement as the other doctors celebrated. He walked up to Sarah Bishop, who slowly approached him."Sarah," Pierce asked, somewhat nervously. "Listen, Sarah, will you marry me?"Sarah smiled. She nodded. "Yes, Alan," She said, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and kissing him tight on the lips.Elsewhere, Montoya stroked Carrie Enderson slightly as she lay on her bed."What do I do now?" Carrie asked, shyly."What do you mean?" Replied Montoya."I was his secret keeper for eight years," she said. "They still think I'm innocent, but I don't even feel bad about it. There was something about him I liked.""Why don't you just stick to tending bar," Montoya asked. "You're a good cook, aren't you?""Yeah," replied Carrie."You had a brother, didn't you?" Replied Montoya. "The one who ran that bar we hid in.""Yes," replied Carrie. "He's in Antarctica.""He's good at his job?""You should meet with him," replied Montoya. "You two should start a brother-sister joint together."Carrie smiled. "Wouldn't that be something?""Yeah," replied Montoya with a grin. "Me and my wife will come visit.""She beautiful?" Carrie asked."Oh yes," replied Montoya. "She is."

Wade turned toward Marco Martinet. They were sitting in their ambulance, the vehicle having come to a stop on the side of a road. "We did it," he said, with a slight grin. "We made it through. You know, I gotta say that I met a few combat medics back in the army. You might well be one of the best I've seen in action."OOC: Just out of curiosity, what exactly is happening with the remaining mutant dinos? Does destroying Baron Typhoonus destroy them (a la the battle droids in Phantom Menace) or are they just disorganized enough that they're easier to destroy in larger numbers? What exactly is the plan in that regard (plus, I'd imagine that Dr. Rex didn't get every single mutant dino on the planet to participate in LEGO City. There's probably some still in other places).

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: It has been nothing less than an absolute honor to write with all of you over the years. You should know that I count you all alongside my IRL friends.

I have been considering joining Alien Conquest RPG... no promises, though... My character would most likely be a Pluuvian Brain Beast (a.k.a. Clinger), just to be different from all the other players who are playing as the humans or humanoid aliens, and it would be named something along the lines of L'mahr (or maybe Yabba M'Yzyng).
Ha! That's exactly what I did, although my interpretation of a Clinger was practically nonsentient -- possessing no real means of communication, almost no perception of the passage of time, and unable to think in the first person except while controlling a human -- so there was no call for it to have a name.Given those self-imposed constraints, I suppose it's no surprise that I only posted twice. :P It had to be tried, though. Maybe I'll go back so we can be Clinger buddies.
I would suggest listening to "Battle of the Heroes" by John Williams, "Last Battle" by Koji Kondo, or whatever other climatic "battle to end all battles" song you can think of while reading this.
I had to stop when I got to this point, because I was in the middle of listening to the theme from Beasts of the Southern Wild. xD Although epic, it's the joyous kind of epic, making it perfect to start listening to immediately after you finish reading PeaSam's post. As for the film itself, if it's playing anywhere near you, you all seriously should go see it.I'll have some more elaborate ICs coming soon.IC: A cheer went up, echoing off the buildings. Not one throat remained closed.----On board Rotor's T-1, Helm let out a whoop and Giles pumped his fist in the air.Kat heard Katerina's voice inside her head. Good riddance to bad rubbish."Oh, shut up, you," said Kat, laughing to herself.----Osprey and Desdemona hauled themselves out of the damaged ADU, shaken by the rough landing and the PTerosaurs' lighting attacks. To Osprey's surpise, Desdemona hugged him suddenly, and they joined in the cheer.----The concrete sealing the sub-basements of the DAHQ could not block the ripple of Imagination. Wright, sitting with her head in her hands, suddenly felt invigorated. She looked up as Shiller gasped, and then began breathing with greater strength and steadiness than he had been earlier. Wright squeezed Shiller's hand as the medics celebrated."We won," she whispered. ----On Zenna's T-1, Hotwire high-fived Andrew, Dr. Cyborg, Hertz, and Zach as well, before collapsing to the deck, sound asleep and still grinning to himself.----Inside the swaying DAHQ, Mort heard a cough in the stairwell. He peered into the shadows and saw a form move. A step closer revealed it to be a DA agent."Need a hand?" he offered. The agent nodded, and Mort hauled him up. "AT agent Mort. And you are?"The man coughed again, leaning on Mort for support. "DA agent Larson. Thanks for the hand."OOC: EDIT:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is happening with the remaining mutant dinos?
PeaSam specified that the Einstein Device killed them. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: EDIT:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is happening with the remaining mutant dinos?
PeaSam specified that the Einstein Device killed them.
OOC: Oh, I see. That makes sense, I suppose. Then I guess it's just a matter of using the same device in other areas in order to eliminate any and all remaining mutant dinosaurs (i.e. any left in Gold City or Adventurers' Island)?

OOC: EDIT:
PeaSam specified that the Einstein Device killed them.
OOC: Not all of them:
Most of the Mutant Dinosaurs, which were invading Dino Attack Headquarters at the time, were caught in the blast radius of the Einstein Device. Those that remained, scattered around the torn-up streets and wrecked buildings, were now masterless, as Dr. Rex had perished and, through him, Baron Typhonus had been banished for good. They were left confused and aimless as they tasted freedom for the first time, and as such no longer seemed to pose a threat to the remaining allied forces.
I also assume, thanks to one of Dr. Cyborg's actions just before finishing up the device, that he made sure that our allies that were partially infected by Maelstrom (such as Pterisa and Stranger's Mutant Lizard companion) were not affected, or at least not killed, by the blast. If someone wants to counteract or be more detailed about that fact, feel free to.

OOC:Yes, they are unaffected. It's sad that this place is finally ending. I had such fun here. If anyone wants to chat, feel free to PM me or something. I'll do an IC later.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: No time for an IC at the moment, but there are a few I intend to post later.I joined this RPG around the same time I joined BZP, and honestly, back in those day my writing was terrible. But nevertheless, I enjoyed myself, and posted pretty frequently about the exploits of Alpha Team (turned Dino Attack) Agent Magma.Then... I just burned out. I had other things to do, I had tried joining other RPGs and found it difficult to stay interested in writing for all of them. I vanished for a few months.And then, I reappeared as Agent Reptile with vastly improved writing skills, and over time I ended up helping to shape the plot of the RPG- which was a great honor. It was also a great honor to collaborate with PeabodySam on the AT RPG, but, alas, that project fell through.I'd vanish a few more times, as I found myself trying to juggle priorities- pursuing my interests in computer programming, games, and an exponentially increasing workload. This last absence (which corresponded to my senior year and the beginning of college) was probably the worst, but I did come back for a few IC posts before the end.It's been a huge honor helping to shape the world of this RPG. PeabodySam: you're the first person who I could ever call a "friend" who I only knew online through our shared collaboration in story-writing. I've gotten to know some of you probably not quite as well... Jackson Lake (who to this day is Cohrii in my mind), Andrewnuva, Atton Rand... and then there are others of you are pretty new to the RPG in comparison to me, and I'm sorry to say don't know you very well. My absences haven't helped that, of course.I doubt I'll participate in any more RPGs around here, unless something's story looks really interesting to me. And even if I did... I wouldn't be terribly active, so perhaps it's for the best.There are still plenty of stories I'd like to tell in my own vision of the DARPG/LEGO Planet universe, but those might be better written up as actual "single player" stories. Assuming I ever get around to writing them. (Incidentally, these days, do we post LGD stories in the Library with all the other Bionicle stories?)What I probably will end up doing is archiving content from this thread, the old DA RPG thread, and the much older Mission Deep Freeze thread to the wiki. There's so much content that we've created over the course of eight or nine years (Mission Deep Freeze was from either 2003 or 2004, I can't remember), and it would be such a shame if it was left lost and buried in the forums. Anyone else who'd be interested in doing so would be more than welcome!And with that... I'm going to post an IC later wrapping up some half-written storylines for my characters. Otherwise: again, it's been an honor... see you all around.

Edited by TakunuvaC01
current_events_sigbanner.png

OOC: Whoops, for some reason I thought that Atton was asking specifically about the dinos that were caught in the blast radius. I shouldn't post that late.

Jackson Lake (who to this day is Cohrii in my mind), Andrewnuva, Atton Rand... others of you are pretty new to the RPG in comparison to me
We were 48 minutes apart. That's "pretty new?" I feel shortchanged now! :PI jest, of course. It's just that, almost seven years later, I'm still amused that we joined the same day and both stayed to the very end.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Whoops, for some reason I thought that Atton was asking specifically about the dinos that were caught in the blast radius. I shouldn't post that late.
Jackson Lake (who to this day is Cohrii in my mind), Andrewnuva, Atton Rand... others of you are pretty new to the RPG in comparison to me
We were 48 minutes apart. That's "pretty new?" I feel shortchanged now! :PI jest, of course. It's just that, almost seven years later, I'm still amused that we joined the same day and both stayed to the very end.
OOC: Me as well. :PTo be clear, though, I was referring to everyone else as being "pretty new"- you guys are my generation! Edited that for clarity.Well, you guys, CoKK, and Kotua. I recall reading that CoKK is still around- I hope he'll show up to at least read the ending.Kotua... do we have any way of getting touch with him? Maybe an email address? Edited by TakunuvaC01
current_events_sigbanner.png

OOC: Avmatoran, just check the description to PeabodySam's video. It lists all the songs used (though I note that you won't find all of them by simply typing their names in a search box. They aren't all posted on certain video sites under said names).IC: "He's dead! That son of a 4+ is dead!""The dinos are all gone! Well, except for the ones on our side, and a handful of stranglers, but regardless...""YES! YES!""We did it! We did it!""I knew we'd win this, I knew it!""WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!""Well, that's the end of that.""Somebody kiss me!""Okay!""Yay, it only took the losses of nearly two-fifths of our ranks!""Oh, don't ruin the moment.""HUG ME, BROTHER!""Group hug!""Hugs for everyone!""Hey, you know what this calls for? A PARTY!""Only if there's Brickolini pizza!""And movies to riff!""You want a party like that? Everyone come to LEGO Island, the Infomaniac and I are making plans for a Christmas/New Years/End-of-War extravaganza! I'll let you know what day it is later tomorrow. You've got Pepper Roni's word!"-----------Zeena's T-1 Typhoon moved down to land right around the area where the Iron Predator defense line had been, which was still slightly smoldering from Dr. Rex's fire attacks. The site was a grim reminder of what the battle had cost, but as of now, when victory had just been achieved and the Minifigs of Dino Attack and their allies were still celebrating, the time for mourning would be put off for quite a while. Now was a time for joy.After moving Hotwire's sleeping form aside to rest near the TALON-9 console, Specs and Reptile worked quickly to open the door and lower a rope ladder. After congratulating each other once more, the agents inside quickly began to disembark at their own pace, moving quickly to meet with the rest of the team and see if old friends were still okay."Pepper's got the right idea," Andrew said to Zach as they touched down on the ground. "As soon as we can, I say we get all our companions together, get home and party like it's 1997!"Zach snickered. "Well, there's things I need to attend to, but I wouldn't miss an occasion like that for anything. I'm going to go look for Minerva. You gonna meet up with Laxus, I take it?""Yep. After that, I suppose we'll need to follow Hotwire's example and get some rest and nutrition. That Imagination blast was energizing, but I suppose we'll need some sleep soon enough.""Agreed," said Zach, offering Andrew a brofist gesture. "Catch you later."Andrew nodded and completed the gesture. Then he headed through the crowd of Dino Attack agents and vehicles that were gathering back at the front area of the building. The Elite Agent passed by several agents who gave congratulations and patted him on the shoulder, and at least one person threw a bit of his water canteen over him. He passed by people he knew semi-well, like Kat, B, and Rockford, greeting them and congratulating them as he went by.Finally, he managed to glimpse turquoise skin moving through the crowd, and made his way over to intersect where his friend was going."Laxus, glad to see you made it!" he said."The feeling's mutual, friend!" the Martain said in return, the two of them patting each other on the back. "That was incredible, what happened over there! The finale of the Crystalien Conflict doesn't even compare in the same regard!""Good to hear," Andrew said. "How are the others?""Catless went off to meet up with some of her allies, but she might be back, Pterisa and her seem to have bonded a bit. Speaking of which-""Andrew, you're okay!" Pterisa cried as she suddenly swooped in and hugged the Elite Agent, holding him in the air a bit as she did so."Woah!" Andrew blurted out in surprise, while returning the hug in the midst of his joy rush. "Heh, yeah, glad to see you are too! I see Dr. Cyborg ensured your survival in the Imagination blast.""Yes, yes he did." Pterisa said while lowering down to the ground. "Though even if there's still Maelstrom in my body, I feel the blast has empowered my Creative Spark enough to completely resist it. I doubt I need to worry about the Darkitect's influence now.""Fantastic," Andrew said as they let go of each other."So how'd you do it?" Laxus asked. "How did the device get empowered and working without a source of imagination? Did someone..."The three individuals' looks turned somber at this. Andrew didn't hesitate to explain. "Yes. It was Rex. He's made the history books again, this time with the biggest accomplishment yet. Let's hope he's doing a sweet, slow dance with Amanda Claw, wherever they are."There was several more moments before Pterisa spoke up again. "Rex was one of the first people to help me feel accepted among you. I'm grateful for that, and I'm grateful he was able to pay the ultimate price to help all of us.""Indeed we are," said Laxus. "But I don't think we should be lost in mourning for him. He's done a lot of great things for us, and the team's definitely has fond memories for him.""Yes," said Andrew. "I think it's for the best that we remember the good times we had with him. His memory should be celebrated along with the victory won today by us."The mood now getting brighter, Andrew gestured towards HQ. "C'mon, let's see who else is still here for us to celebrate this occasion with."