Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

I was not intending to do anymore Pharisee but considering how difficult Atton Rand is being I might need to reconsider.
OOC: You could bring him back for a last-minute pairing with Shaw. Then again, I don't know how good a lover he'd make, and the only thing that they have in common is a belief in faith. :happydance:

OOC:Can someone bring in some cement and fix the crack (pairings) here already!?
OOC: It's not that strange a pairing, at least not compared some of my other ones that include pairing people up with the Darkitecht. I don't know if a full-scale romance between them would work out but if one actually put Shaw and Pharisee in a room together for a while I could see them starting to form a personal connection, if only from understanding how the other feels. Man, I wish I'd thought of that sooner.

OOC:I know it's saner compared to the others, I just couldn't resist the pun.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:Can someone bring in some cement and fix the crack (pairings) here already!?
OOC: It's not that strange a pairing, at least not compared some of my other ones that include pairing people up with the Darkitecht. I don't know if a full-scale romance between them would work out but if one actually put Shaw and Pharisee in a room together for a while I could see them starting to form a personal connection, if only from understanding how the other feels. Man, I wish I'd thought of that sooner.
OoC:Well I'd say the biggest problem with this crack paring would have to be that Pharisee does not work and play well with others. Well both are somewhat spiritual peaple Pharisee uses his "religion" more along the lines as a tool. He exemplifies the redial fanatics that make up this earth. While Shaw uses it to comfort Pharisee uses it to create terror. Honestly I can spending time Shaw cleaning up after Pharisee's zealousness.Well I doubt he would have an issue with Shaw she probably would loose tolerance of him very soon. He eats alone, he does not engage in small talk, he does not have a sense of humor. He sees his soul purpose on this earth as punisher of evil doers. I doubt Shaw would find love in a man who spends his entire existence beating unrighteous men to a pulp with his bare hands. Quite frankly, if Noomi Shaw every disobeyed the law he would not hesitate to drag her away just because she was "a person of faith."What I was referring to was you unholy trinity of psychopaths known as Demoman, Firecracker, and Snake. I really would rather not start another arc starting Pharisee going after another one of your characters, I'll probably have to resolve it off screen or in his epilogue. Regardless I think we can all agree that they need to be punished, last minute heroics won't change anything.

That is all

OOC: That's true. In fact come to think of it, Shaw would probably be somewhat repulsed by Pharisee's use of faith, given he takes the same thing she uses for comfort and it to justify brutality.

Regardless I think we can all agree that they need to be punished, last minute heroics won't change anything.
Come on. Snake and Trigger I can understand, but Firecracker's mostly done good for the team (except for that one time when he miscalculated), and Demoman isn't my character. And who said they had to be punished? This isn't the 1950's, we're not bound by the Hayes code anymore. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Firecracker needs to be reined in at the very least because some of the things you've had him do seem to verge on godmodding. Demoman should be reined in because, given that you aren't his creator, you've taken him out of character. Based on his wiki page and PeaSam's characterization, I don't think he's the type to murder a fellow DA agent. And of course there would have to be in-universe consequences for something like that -- to resist this now would be pretty hypocritical, given how worked up you got over the weekend about realism. :P

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Firecracker needs to be reined in at the very least because some of the things you've had him do seem to verge on godmodding.
OOC: Godmodding? He blew a few things up!IC: "Agent Snake," a familiar voice said from behind, Snake turned around to see a familiar face leaning against a nearby T-1 Typhoon, and a helicopter nearby that had just landed. The man was clad in black, and had a receding hairline and a thick mustache."Hauk," Snake muttered."That's me.""You going to release me?""That depends," replied Hauk. "The paperwork is ready to go I just need to check with your superiors. You did your job, as I hope you did, you're a free man. If not, well, we'll see."And with that, Hauk turned and left the helicopter. Snake turned and started to walk away from the action.

OOC:

Yeah, I have to admit, I wasn't personally very interested in having Andrew's group join you guys. But I figured that their personalities would mean that anything other than accepting your offer would sound rather out of character for them, considering our casts' relationships with each other.Then again, maybe I shouldn't have written my guys as coming over to you to say hi. That probably got us both stuck in a corner.
And if this guy is really as bad as people make him out to be than it makes sense that they'd send as many people as possible in order to ensure he doesn't get away.
Going out of character also provided an issue. Blaire Darkling is as bad as I've tried to make him out to be. It makes sense to send two dozen people to kill him in story. However, I wanted to limit to my main cast because they all have a bone to pick with Blaire Darkling one way or another (killed their friend/lover, killed Zach's friend, probably killed a couple of Vinyaya's friends, helped guide Athena to her death).
Though to be fair, I think Blaire would be smart enough to know to stay relatively close to his adversaries to disable fire from the vehicles while continuously moving to make shooting him with handheld weapondary much harder to do without accidently hurting someone. And you have implied a lot about his skill, so perhaps he's been through even worse scenerios than the ones our characters are putting him in. Not to mention he does seem to be going slightly mad here, so he's possibly even more unpredictable and twichy than before, making him even tougher. Just my two cents.
I imagine Blaire probably has been in worse situations (in my head, he's taken on whole Space Police squads single handily.) But in this case, he's injured, tired, Jarate'd, and is surrounded by characters protected with a nice coat of plot armor. It is more illogical for him not to be dead yet.So I will try to separate the group.IC:The level of distaste in Blaire's eye seemed to grow as Pyro, a pale woman, and a woman joined the fight below. "Really?" Blaire said irritably. Every began to approach Blaire. There was no holding back now. There may be a few injuries, but Blaire was so handily out-numbered, they had to take this oppertunity to strike."Hey!" an unrecognizable feminine voice called out. Everyone turned to see a new Fire Hammer had arrived. A woman was sitting in the driver seat with another Dino Attack agent on the Xenon Launcher. "Is it too late to join the hunt down a Blaire Darkling - oh, Builder! What's wrong with eyes?!"Blaire shot a quick glance at Zelda and Dr. Cyborg before pulling his pistol and shooting the agent on the turret dead. "You're just in time. I know my limits. We're done here." He started running toward the Fire Hammer."Shoot him!" Minerva barked. Everyone quickly trained their guns on the Fire Hammer and Blaire and opened fire. Several shots struck Blaire in the back, but thanks to his vest, ignored the pain and swung open the Fire Hammer and shot the female agent in the chin. Climbing into the Fire Hammer, Blaire put the vehicle in drive and headed off.The reaction was quick. Pyro, the two women, Angel Eyes, and Clint Wayne climbed back into the T-1 Typhoon while Bluetooth, Dr. Cyborg, and Zelda climbed into Andrew's Fire Hammer and Zach, Minerva, and Vinyaya clung to the Fire Hammer cab from back with Laxus.Andrew's Fire Hammer turned sharply on its wheels and drove out of the park in pursuit of Blaire's Fire Hammer. Laxus fired the Xenon Launcher at Blaire's Fire Hammer while Zach, Minerva, and Vinyaya hung on to the Fire Hammer while firing their own weapons. Above them, Rotor's T-1 Typhoon was mercilessly firing everything it had. Zach grinned as the Xenon Launcher on the back of Blaire's Fire Hammer exploded."We almost got him," Vinyaya muttered.Suddenly, Blaire's Fire Hammer slowed down dramatically and swung around right, allowing Andrew's Fire Hammer to shoot past him. Zach turned his head and saw Blaire's Fire Hammer continue in the opposite direction. Zach swore loudly."What is she doing?!" Solomon yelled out, sounding irritated.. Examining closer, Zach could see Zelda clinging to the side of Blaire's Fire Hammer. She must have anticipated his move and jumped out as they passed."Andrew says to hold on," Laxus grunted. Andrew's Fire Hammer turned sharply around and sped up rapidly. Over their heads, Rotor's T-1 Typhoon, being as slow and clumsy as T-1's were, was still recovering from Blaire's maneuver. Laxus was more hesitant about opening fire when Zelda was clinging on to the side."Bring the Fire Hammer over to his," a pained grunt belonging Zelda said into Laxus's radio. With a shrug, Laxus passed on the command to Andrew. With a heavy jolt, the Fire Hammer blasted forward. Thanks to Andrew's driving skill, that managed to move to the right side of Blaire's Fire Hammer. Almost immediately after establishing their position, the cab of Blaire's Fire Hammer lit up as he opened fire on the other Fire Hammer. Dr. Cyborg and Bluetooth fired their own weapons at Blaire.Zach heard Zelda audibly swear as she pulled herself on to the cab of the Fire Hammer. "What in blue bricks are you doing?!" Zach snapped."I'm taking on Blaire," Zelda yelled back, struggling to stay on her feet. "And if you had half a brain, you'd jump over and join me!""Are you crazy?!" Zach yelled. "He's mad! He'll kill us all! You need back-up!""Yeah, you three! We all want of piece of him, don't deny it! Just decide, and decide quickly!" Zach shot a glance at Minerva. She gave a half shrug before giving Zelda a thumbs up sigh. Crouching down, Zelda extended her hands. Taking a deep breath and strapping her Sonic Screamer to her back, Minerva jumped. Their hands collided and Zelda pulled Minerva over into the bed of the Fire Hammer.Vinyaya carefully moved herself to Zach. With a curt nod, she jumped over as well. Zelda struggled more with Vinyaya's heavy armor as she pulled the commander over to Minerva's location. Zelda turned back to Zach and gave him a meaningful look. Zach sighed, dropped his Cosmotronic Ray, and turned to Laxus. "You know I have to, right?"Laxus smirked. "I'm not going to lie, it's not particularly smart after watching him fight. But I suppose it's rather important to you.""Yeah. Seeing as Blaire will probably break away soon, tell Andrew we'll make it back, I make that I promise.""Good luck," Laxus said. They clasped hands together briefly before Zach turned to Zelda and nodded. Zach then leaped. As he wrapped one hand around Zelda's Blaire suddenly jerked to left. Zelda gasped as she was brought to her knees. Zelda grabbed Zach's hand with both of hers and clung to him desperately. Another jerking turn almost caused Zelda to lose her grip on him again. Swinging madly, Zach lunged out for the side of the jeep bed. He felt his fingers grab it, only to begin to slip. Minerva grabbed his hand tightly. Another jerking turn later, Zelda joined the group on the bed of the vehicle and helped pull Zach on board."You always make things so complicated, Virchaus," Vinyaya said, though Zach could hear the relief in her voice. Zach looked around and saw no sign of Andrew's Fire Hammer or Rotor's T-1 Typhoon. "So we're really on our own."Minerva nodded and looked ahead, a panicked look on her face. "Get down!" Everyone quickly crouched down and covered their heads as Blaire went through a wrecked building with his vehicle. Bricks were being thrown down at them rapidly and evidence of office chairs and supplies smacked against their hands. Blaire shot out of the building and turned hard right, knocking everyone down."Alright, Darkling," Vinyaya muttered irritably. "You lost them. Enough with the turns.""So now what?" Zach said to Zelda. "Since you've got us all on board."Zelda began to wrap her arms around the cab. "We go for Blaire. Holly, can you get the other side?"Already on it," Vinyaya said as she moved to the opposite."Good. Zach, Minerva, you get ready to shoot." Zach and Minerva nodded and ducked down. Minerva pulled her Sonic Screamer out and Zach prepared to fire a burst of Maelstrom energy. Even if it didn't do much to actually harm him, it could still stun him.Vinyaya and Zelda began to move slowly from the bed to the front door, ready to ambush Blaire. Unfortunately, he seemed to be anticipating this attack, as he veered the vehicle on to the sidewalk. "Zelda, get back!" Vinyaya yelled. Zelda flipped herself on to the roof as the side of the Fire Hammer ground against the building. The cab lite up as Blaire opened fire on Vinyaya. Blaire pulled away from the buildings and started to head for the opposite side of the street when a Mutant T-Rex suddenly burst from the intersection. Blaire slammed on the brakes, but still managed to clip the leg of the massive beast. The vehicle's tires screeched in agony as it begun to spin out of control. It burst through a steel fence and began to rattle and bounce as it traveled through a grassy area."Get off!" he yelled to Minerva. They both turned away from each other and jumped from the bed of jeep. Zach rolled against the damp grass and collided with an old stone, bruising his spine. Groaning and swearing, Zach climbed to his feet and watched Vinyaya leap from the out-of-controlled Fire Hammer briefly before getting a better look at his new surrounds. It was small, contained area filled with stones. A graveyard. How morbid.Zach quickly reunited with Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda and they all turned and watched the Fire Hammer, whose tires were absolutely destroyed by all the gravestones, collide with a massive grave in the center of the area. Not saying a word, the four slowly approached the crumpled and burning Fire Hammer. As they reached the left side of the Fire Hammer, the front door suddenly three yards away and slammed into a gravestone. Blaire climbed out of the cab slowly and his red eyes scanned the group in silence, a deep scowl on his face. He then glanced around briefly before a smirk formed on his face."So you were the ones to hitch a ride," Blaire snarled, his generally calm voice thinly veiled with anger. He shrugged. "I like it this way, personally. You all have a bone to pick with me and I have a few issues to settle with you."It briefly crossed Zach's mind to at least hold off and weaken Blaire for the calvary to find them eventually. Then he looked at the three women he had become friends with in the last few weeks. They each held cold frowns on their faces and their eyes showed little mercy as Minerva and Vinyaya pointed their guns at him and Zelda held her swords out. Zach realized they weren't aiming to hold him off. They would kill him for all the lives he had taken. All the damage he had cause and all the pain he had created. Even Vinyaya, the police officer, wasn't offering him a chance to surrender. It was all or nothing. Zach nodded faintly as he pulled out his knife and extended his left hand. He didn't care anymore. They would kill Blaire Darkling.One way or another.OOC: Simply put, do NOT find Zach, Vinyaya, Minerva, Zelda, and Blaire until the fight is finished!

OoC:I take it Hauk is going to speak with Pharisee about Snake, if that is the case the commander certainly has some things to say.As for Firecracker committing a “miscalculation,” When that miscalculation endangers the lives of people it’s called negligence. This is a very serious offence. Someone could have been killed, the fact that no one was does not make it okay.For someone pushing for realism you should understand this. iC:The massive Iron Hammer airship dominated the Dino attack headquarters’ plaza. At its base were the wreckages of several Dino attack vehicles and the carcasses of many mutant Dinosaurs. The shadow of the ship fell over the carnage and created a strange dissonance with the surroundings.As if someone had casually tossed their toy among the landscape, the colossal Iron Hammer seemed out of place among the distraction surrounding it. This was not to say the craft shown no sign of battle, burns and bullet holes peppered the fuselage of the ship and scaring was certainly evident. Although the armored ship had fared better than other craft, it was far from spotless.Hertz stepped over a dead dragon that had once carried a Fright knight Windship and around the scattered remains of smaller Flying Machines. He had received word that medical care was being provided in the bowels of the Iron Hammer and he figured a checkup would be nice.What had begun as a hair-line fracture in his left arm had worsened to a complete break. Hertz figured it would need to be set before he permanently lost its function. He no longer felt any pain, the stinging sensation had ceased about two hours ago and this was probably a bad sign. Hertz was no doctor but he guessed he probably had nerve damage.In retrospect, dual wielding a pair of heavy Sonic Screamers with a broken arm had probably been a poor choice. It had helped to bring down Dr. Rex but he knew he would certainly hurt in the morning. The strange echoless void he no lived in was evolving into a high-pitched moan. His ears rang with phantom sounds and he nodded his head in acknowledgment to every agent he passed. Odds are they were congratulating him on being alive but he could return no such tidings. Instead he walked awkwardly among the bodies at his feet.The rain was chilling. For moments he swore he felt something harder than water plop on the back of his neck. The cold December weather was freezing the water to ice. Soon snow would fall from the sky and finally cast the city into its long overdue holiday life.As the winter clouds gathered above, Hertz reflected on the nature festive spirit thieving among the agents. He could not hear the inevitable Christmas Carols or the sound of sleigh bells. Although no snow was on the ground the feeling of winder plus the defeat of Dr. Rex could only result in childish happiness. Hertz would miss out on the sounds of the season but the days were no less sweet.He located the polished boarding ramp of Iron Hammer and made his way up the incline into the ship. The interior of the Iron Hammer was drab and bellicose. The designers had not wasted time making the ship comfortable; instead they had developed it with practical precision. Stepping under the white lights he passed the exposed bulk heads and industrial piping. The stark, narrow hallways of the ship were slightly difficult to navigate so he relied on the hastily stuck on directions to find the medical bay.Following a wet trail of rain water and blood he stepped down a flight of steps into the area of the ship that had been converted into a hospital. It was disorienting not hearing the clank of his feet on the riveted steps or echoes of voices on the iron walls. People’s faces were contorted in pain from their injuries but the milieu was far less off-putting then the grime of the basement.Unlike the previous medical word, the infirmary was sterile and organized. Although there were dozens of beds they were arranged in neat rows that allowed plenty of space for the doctors to work.A doctor called to Hertz but he was only able to recognize him when he waved the elite agent over. Once he stepped off the catwalk and onto the sanatorium he quickly identified him as Dr. Pierce. The chief physician of Dino team appeared to have suffered his own injuries. He was covered in grime and sweat and appeared to have several gashes on his forehead. To spite his injuries he walked with a cool determination.The doctor sighed and reached for the pocket containing Hertz’s notepad. The techie shook his head and indicated he had lost it in battle. Shrugging, Pierce slinked over to a clipboard and pulled a pen from behind his ear. What brings you down here Hertz? He wroteHertz felt he was starting to get the hang of speaking in an acceptable volume. “THE WAR IS OVER, YOU SAID YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH MY HEARING.”“The fighting might be over.” Muttered Pierce. “But the wounded are certainly still here.” In contrast to his normal polite persona Dr. Pierce was acting rather grim. He was clearly getting sick of all the wounded and for all intents and purposes the war was still going on for him.Kate and her Mother had probably increased his mood. The two women were visible standing on catwalk overlooking the medical bay. Hertz could understand how they improved his attitude, but he had yet to see the spring in the doctor’s step he had witnessed before the battle. It was unlikely he would see that until the last remnants of the war were gone.Hertz razed his eyebrow as the doctor continued to mutter. Seeming to realize his impoliteness, Pierce wrote down another message on his paper. I can have someone help with the arm but you’ll have to wait longer for the implants. He paused. Sorry. Hertz frowned; it was all he could expect. The odds of having appropriate cochlear implants was extremely slim and since the surgery was anywhere between 1 ½ to 5 hours chances are the doctors had better ways to spend their time. It was a sacrifice Hertz was willing to make for the sake of those in greater need then he.He was escorted to a vacant bunk by Doctor Giovanni Wade. For the third time in the last seventy-two hours his arm was recast. The skin beneath was red and swollen but apparently was not beyond repair. Doctor Wade assured him that it would not need to be amputated but it would certainly need time to heal. Hertz assured him that he had no intention of getting involved in anymore action after today.As Fresh wrappings were applied he spotted two doctors in spotless white uniforms carrying a large shrubbery across the medical word. Apparently satisfied with it, the placed the bush in the center of the medical infirmary and disappeared down a hall to find another random object.He could not help but smile when Enter and Return returned with a live shark. Clearly the fish objected to being carried and it flopped around madly and attempted to eat Return’s head. Enter apparently realized their predicament and went to fetch a kitty-pool.It was incredible that the two doctor’s still had their medical license. Considering the two were harmless he really saw no reason to revoke it. Thus far their success rate was spectacular and they had yet to kill a patent from repeatedly beating them with a shark. As remarkable as this Hertz was in no hurry to be treated by the two.Enter returned to the medical bay carrying a mailbox. He set in beside the tree and withdrew a small brown package. Hertz could not help think that it was a good thing they brought that mailbox. Now, if the need presented itself, they could mail a letter. He truly never got tired of Enter and Return’s whimsy.Return shook the package excitedly as Enter held his breath in anticipation. Finally undoing the ribbon Return tore open the package. Enter jumped up and down with glee in anticipation of his brother’s reaction.By this stage Hertz had deducted that Enter had brought the mailbox so his brother would receive his Christmas present. It was certainly considerate of Enter to mail the package to the mailbox they brought with them. Return opened the box and his continence lit up with delight. Apparently it was just what he wanted and he happily withdrew the Cochlear implants from their case.Hertz jumped from his bed and tripped on the bedsheets. He tumbled forward and knocked over a nearby table and Doctor Wade. By the time he undid himself from melee he spotted Enter and Return attempting to apply the implants to the shark.Followed closely by Doctor Wade Hertz crawled over excitedly and gapped hold of Return. Careful to avoid the snapping and thrashing shark he yelled enthusiastically.Apparently his jubilant babbling was incoherent to the two eccentric doctors. Enter and Return looked at Hertz with a look of perplexity but were distracted enough to cease there current endeavor of operating on a deaf shark.Hertz looked over at Doctor Wade. He raised his eyebrow and his lips moved utter some pithy remark. After a moment of brief consideration Enter and Return stared down at Hertz and smiled.Ordinarily when one is stared at by Enter and Return, one has reason to be concerned. But considering the current state of things Hertz would take anything he could get.

Hertz lay down in the operating room of the Iron Hammer. Return stepped into the behind him carrying the implants and a megaphone. The doctor flicked on the operating light filling the room with a white ambiance.Giovanni Wade had his own priorities. He had offered to do the operation himself when his work was done but Hertz was impatient. He wanted to hear again as soon as possible and in a rash decision he had allowed Enter and Return to do the operation. Entre nodded to Hertz and wrote a word on a nearby whiteboard.

Aneslesia

Aneslesia? Thought Hertz, Anesthesia perhaps? Not enough to regret this decision but enough to make be concerned. Enter walked around the head of Hertz’s table and withdrew a red a white umbrella. He caught a brief view of the parasol being opened before Return shoved a mask on his face. His vision clouded over and the world became blurry as the anesthesia set in.Not knowing how Enter and Return worked was probably for the best. Hertz really had no idea what Return was planning to do with the parasol and the megaphone and he really had no desire to find out. He had taken a lot of risks in the last few hours, he could probably afford to take one more.His eyes started to roll back to slumber. The rest would be nice, he had not had a good night’s sleep in days. Whether it was the drug or fatigue, Hertz truly felt tired. Even the anticipation of regaining his sense could not hold back his heavy eyelids. How remarkable it was that he had only lost his hearing mere hours ago. It felt like ages of tormentWhen he awoke he would hear. He would join in the celebration, he would call Naomi, and he could take part in the songs of the season. He would wake up with a new life, a fresh outlook, a fresh begging. He had reassessed his values in life and when he awoke he would be hear things and voices he had never appreciated before.He finally tumbled into blackness with smug grin on his face. OoC:His operation will take a few hours, do not disturb.

That is all

OOC: I wasn't imagining Pharisee specifically (I don't expect them to know each other). I just figured he was probably going to ask around with various Elite Agents who might have known Snake and question them about his performance (possibly to use the resulting data for future convict recruitment programs- after all Snake was the only known convict brought in by the method- maybe it was a test just to see if hiring convicts to serve in the team would work). Of course, that doesn't mean he won't interview Pharisee- just that he'll probably be talking to other people as well.And now you've got me starting to try to picture an interview between Scott and Pharisee. I wonder how that would go down...IC: Stepping through the rows of wounded patients, an exhausted and still somewhat unsettled Shaw was surprised to notice Wade picking up some dropped equipment. Quickly she got to the ground and helped him put the syringes and scalpels back on the table.What surprised her was what she saw on the next bed over. Two twin paramedics, ones she only vaguely recognized from the medical wing, were operating in a most unusual manner that involved putting a shark over the patient's head."What's up with that?" Shaw asked."They're a bit crazy," replied Wade. "Actually, if you're not too busy could you keep an eye on them, just to make sure they don't accidentally murder him."Shaw nodded as Wade walked away. She took a seat next to the bed and watched the strange procedure. The process was something she could not describe, but it involved a megaphone, a pineapple, a DVD copy of The Hurt Locker, a basketball, two lumps of sugar, a steering wheel, a baseball bat, a film camera, a mailbox, a pine tree, a shrubbery, a herring, 16 tons of TNT, a frying pan, a model train, a bicycle wheel, a single dollar, a map of LEGO Island, a book on aeronautics, a toy car, a lunchbox, a suitcase, a spoonful of honey, a bananna, a pointed stick, a fedora, running into each other and then arguing over whose clothes were whose, a sandwich, a copy of the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft, a bag of nitroglycerin, a rolled up magazine, a few raspberries, a chicken leg, a turkey dinner, another bush, a brick, a can of soda, a wafer-thin mint, a slip of paper, and a jolly roger.At least, that was as much as Shaw could make of the whole thing, being too tired to really pay much attention- sitting terrified in a basement for as long as she did not knowing when or if you'll come out can do things to a person. She clutched her cross and muttered a silent prayer for the man who lay there. Once or twice the shark tipped slightly and she could vaguely see his face- the man from the fire- the one who Naomi Carver left with, and who convinced her to leave for Antarctica. But she was much too tired to think of much of it. Her eyes grew heavy, and she tried to stay awake, but after some time of watching Enter and Return, she soon found herself lying on the bed and falling asleep.

"Anything new?" Pierce asked as Wade walked up to him."No," replied Wade. "Enter and Return are looking after one patient, using some strange methods, but Shaw's watching them.""Good," replied Pierce. "Look, we're all very tired. You and Martinet actually went out and endured the worst of it, why don't you to get some rest in the back?""You sure?" Wade asked."Yes," replied Pierce. "Crusher, Copper, and I can take care of the rest of them for a while. Shaw's busy watching Enter and Return. Get a couple hours rest and then you can relieve Copper and Crusher.""What about you?" Wade asked."I'll be fine," replied Pierce.Wade nodded and turned toward the back of the Iron Hammer. He tapped Martinet on the shoulder- the mustached doctor looked up from the clipboard. "A-what is it?" He asked."Pierce says he wants us to get some sleep," Wade said. "There's some space in the back."Wade turned and left for the back of the vehicle to find a good spot to lie down.OOC: I tried not to disturb anything, like you said, That Guy. I figured it logical that the rest of the staff would want to keep someone on watch to make sure Enter and Return don't do anything stupid, but I tried to keep her to the side as much as possible. Hopefully Shaw being nearby but not actually getting involved doesn't count as "disturbing" them.I was a bit vague on Martinet's exact response to Pierce's orders. I figured logically Pierce would want them to get some rest since they did to a pretty dang scary part of the job (simply bringing in the wounded- though your mileage may vary on how scary it is in relation to the actual surgery), but I wasn't sure how Martinet himself would respond- I wasn't quite sure if he was the kind of guy who would be willing to take orders to get some rest for a short period of time or if he's the kind of guy who would outright refuse to rest until the job was done. Also, before inconsistencies are pointed out, a rational explanation for why they're not in the ambulance is simply that the ambulance isn't needed anymore and their services are more useful in the ship (remaining wounded on the field could theoretically be brought in by helicopter now, which would be a lot faster).

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:The agent interviewing Bane had left and he was now trying to find any rubble blocking important roads. DA agents in Iron Predators were assisting him in the work. In the middle of pushing a larger chunk of brick and masonry, he heard "BAAANNNEEEE!"He looked up and saw Screech diving towards him, her wings pulled to her sides. He ran a quick calculation in his mind, and tried to put his left foot behind him to brace himself, but it was too late. Screech impacted his head, hugging him with her wings. However, the sudden impact threw Bane off balance, and he fell backwards, causing a cloud of dust to fly up."Sorry," Screech said. Bane glared at her good-naturedly, and pushed himself up of the ground. "Why in the world did you find it necessary to do that?" he asked. "Um, because I'm glad you didn't die at the end of the battle?" "That much is obvious. Why are you so glad to see me?"At that question, Screech did what could only be described as a blush, or at least the Mutant Pterosaur equivalent. "Um, would you take 'I plead the Fifth' as an answer?" she asked."No. Now, spill.""Um, you're my friend?""Yes, we've covered that. Now, answer my question."Screech coughed awkwardly, wondering how exactly to phrase it.... OOC:In case you didn't catch it, she likes him. But, if someone could write the end of this scene, I would appreciate it. Everybody but me has experience writing romance stuff. This whole scene sprung out of Screech tackling Cyrista's Bane.Also, PeabodySam, you never actually answered if you would like to collaborate on a little story about a Rex AI.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Excuse me," said a voice from behind Pharisee. He turned and looked as a middle-aged man with round glasses approached him. "My name is agent Scott. I represent the Brick Street Journal. I understand you're head of internal affairs and I was wondering if you'd be willing to say a few things for the press in Antarctica."Before Pharisee could respond, another uniformed man approached, a tall older man with a thin mustache and a balding head. "My name is agent Hawk," he said. "I represent Antarctic affairs. I was in charge of an project in which we offered pardons to criminals in exchange for services in the team, one of them being an agent by the name of Snake. I'd like to ask you some questions in regards to his... service."OOC: I was deliberately vague on the setting as I'm sure exactly where Pharisee is as this point. I was also curious to hear what Pharisee would want to say over the radio.

OOC: We'll just go ahead and say that Martinet's working in the medbay and Rosalie Mercedes is off doing agent-stuff.IC:Zach and Zelda spread out as Minerva and Vinyaya opened on Blaire. He rolled forward and kicked the Sonic Screamer out of Minerva's hand. Gripping her arm, Blaire then turned, grabbed the barrel of Vinyaya's Cosmotronic Ray and ripped it out of her hands and tossed it like a disc at a gravestone. Blaire turned to punch Vinyaya when Minerva twisted the arm holding her, following by kneeing him in the stomach.Blaire doubled over, groaning before he slammed his heavy forearm into Minerva's stomach. He shoved her away and swung a punch into Vinyaya, who caught the fist in her hand. Blaire held the position while he pulled out his katana to guard from a side attack by Zelda. Blaire then kicked Vinyaya and swung his katana at Zelda so he could move away from a knife stab by Zach.Blaire backed away from the group, his katana held in front of him. Zach fired a blast of Maelstrom that Blaire quickly dodged, destroying the gravestone. Zach snarled and fired another blast. Blaire stepped to the side, cold smirk on his face. He pulled his pistol out and opened fire on the group. The group quickly retreated behind the various gravestones."We need to get the gun out of the equation!" Zelda shouted to Zach, who were separated by two graves.Zach nodded and turned to see Vinyaya a gravestone away from him. "Where's Minerva?" Zach called out in a loud whisper to her as Blaire quickly reloading his gun and waited for the first of his opponents to reveal himself. Vinyaya shrugged and turned to glance out from behind her stone when Blaire suddenly started firing again. Zach peeked over the stone and saw a dark red door of a Fire Hammer charging at Blaire while he shot at it. The door slammed into Blaire and fell with him to the ground. Minerva Fabello lifted herself from the door and grinned at Zach goofily. Zach smirked back and he, Vinyaya, and Zelda approached her and Blaire quickly."Kill him now," Zach said quietly to Zelda. She nodded and gestured to the group to get ready. Vinyaya and Zach got around the door and lifted it slightly so Zelda could deliver the final blow.The door suddenly shot upward out of their hands thanks to a powerful kick from Blaire. He swept through Zach's ankes, causing him to collapse. Blaire rolled out of the way as Zelda brought her katana down in the area where his head was. He jumped to his feet, punched Vinyaya in the chest, and pulled out his katana and pointed it at Zelda.Zelda pulled out both of her katanas and swung violently and rapidly at Blaire. An amused smirk was on Darkling's face as he blocked both katanas with relative ease. "You're going need a little more skill to have an advantage over me," Blaire scoffed. As they fought, Zach began to move behind Blaire, his knife raised. A low blow to be sure, but at this point, Zach was beyond caring.Suddenly, Blaire kicked upward, knocking a katana out of Zelda's hand. Grabbing the katana in midair with his left hand, Blaire turned forty-five degrees and swung both katanas out, blocking attacks from Zelda and Zach. Blaire grinned at the both of them. As enraged as he was, it was clear he was enjoying taunting them.Minerva jumped on to his back and wrapped her arms around his throat. Blaire gasped angrily and tried to wrestle her off while holding off attacks from both Zach and Zelda. Minerva released herself and stepped back as Vinyaya lunged forward at Blaire's ankles. Stumbling, Blaire fell backwards on the ground hard.Blaire roared in anger and kicked Vinyaya in the chin, stunning her for several seconds. He blocked repeated blows from Zelda and Zach as he slowly climbed to his feet. Minerva ran at him again, only for him to elbow her in the face. Minerva grunted in pain as she fell back, clutching her face. Growing angrier by the second, Zach began to move around Blaire. Unamused, Blaire slammed his katana in Zelda's as hard as he could while sharply kicking her in the stomach. Blaire quickly turned and blocked a stab from Zach. With Blaire's attention entirely focused on him, Zach backed up as long, sharp katana blades lashed out at him. As Blaire spun out Nazareno's katana him, Zach hit the deck, allowing Vinyaya and Minerva, recovered from Blaire's attacks, to step forward and grab Blaire's arms.As Zach crawled away, Zach could see Vinyaya and Minerva dig their boots into ground as Blaire tried to pull away from them. Vinyaya wrapped one hand around the golden katana and yanked the sword out of his hands and threw it away from him. Now furious, Blaire swung his free arm across Vinyaya's cheek, causing her to gasp in pain as he struck her scars. Blaire then swung his fist at Minerva, who brought one hand up to stop the attack. Blaire chuckled and twisted himself so his forearm could pound Minerva in the stomach. Coughing in pain, Minerva doubled over, allow Blaire to break free and pull his sword back to deliver a killing blow.His sword was soon knocked down by Zelda, who gave him a deathly glare. Zach went up to Minerva and pulled her away from the fight to Vinyaya, whose eye was watering painfully. Minerva coughed again, this time much harder, and stared at Blaire hatefully. Gripping his knife tightly, Zach moved toward Blaire quickly as he kicked Zelda in the shin, bring her to her knees. A scowl forming on his face, Zach raised his hand, summoned all the energy he could, and fired a blast of Maelstrom.It slammed into Blaire's back like a truck. He stumbled forward, grunting in pain. Stomping his foot into Zelda's stomach for good measure, Blaire started walking toward Zach, a fierce scowl on his face. Zach fired two more weaker blasts before he found himself panting. Blaire let each one strike his chest. He barely broke his pace while he swung his left fist into the side of Zach's face, knocking him to the ground."Admittedly, you're all holding rather well," Blaire said, his eyes narrowing as he stared at Zach. "But I can see it; you're all breaking. It's becoming too much." Blaire raised his foot and stomped it on Zach's chest. His eyes bulged out of his head and he gasped for air as Blaire applied more pressure to his chest. Blaire chuckled darkly before swinging his foot under Zach's chin, knocking him back. He heard the sharp clang of metal and realized this was his chance to back away and regroup. He slowly crawled back as Zelda and Blaire exchanged blows once again."I got you," Minerva whispered gently in his ear. She wrapped her arms around his torso and helped him climb to his feet. Zach nodded his thanks and, with Minerva's help, guided him to Vinyaya.Zelda and Blaire circled each other, staring hatefully at each other. Zelda's breathing was ragged and she seemed to stumble with every other step. "It's over Miss Frodongan," Blaire stated simply. "You shouldn't have come after me. If it's any consolation, you will be joining Kareem very soon.""No!" Zelda spat angrily, swinging her katana in front of her. "You aren't taking...anymore lives! I'll...see to it myself!"Blaire laughed coldly. "Look at you. All of you. You can barely stand there and talk to me! You think you can defeat me?" Zelda stopped moving, but didn't respond. Blaire stopped his circling as well, grinning coldly. "It appears you lack common sense, Frodongan. You will pay first. Then we'll see to Fabello, Virchaus, and Vinyaya."Zelda looked to the friends she had made in the last several days before turning back to Blaire. With an ugly frown, she lunged forward and initiated the final showdown.

OOC: Apologies for not posting for a while. Things are pretty busy up here, just as I predicted they would be. Admittedly, I am very glad to have ended the final battle so I wouldn't have to worry about posting on a tight schedule when I've got so much real-life work to do.Atton, we've chatted about this via Steam, so you already know what I'm going to say. However, I just thought I'd say it out loud that I pretty much agree with everyone else when it comes to the issues that you have brought up (i.e. realism, post-war consequences), namely that we're writing a LEGO fan-fiction and you should just think of the MST3K Mantra. And as for the issue with Firecracker, seeing as Jacks and that guy are not "your audience" but actually your fellow co-writers, you might want to listen to their advice.I'm kind of conflicted about the Darklling battle. On one hand, it is a very engaging read and I do very much enjoy reading it. On the other hand, being a post-final boss who can fight so many of our characters, crash a Fire Hammer into a graveyard, and still manage to shrug off a blast of pure Maelstrom, Darkling is feeling ever-so-slightly like a Villain Sue. Of course, Brikman, part of the problem was that you intended only for your characters to be involved, but everyone else got involved and things escalated from there, so I'm not really "blaming" anybody for this. I just find it a little bit odd that, it seems, Darkling is even tougher to defeat than Dr. Rex, an invincible Mutant T-Rex possessed by the Maelstrom. But, as I said, I am enjoying reading this and I eagerly await its conclusion.So, you promise that Zach and Holly won't die? Then, based on how DARPG writers use Exact Words, I fear for the lives of Zelda and Minerva...

Also, any of you found any interesting info in the drawing? ;)
Why, yes, I do. I see now that Kara Wise is a very interesting case, for she is not only a Tuckerization, but also The Danza.
I think there is some debate about what presentage of the world is Lego. I myself see things about 35:65. Things look real, people look like people and exist in a realistic environment. People bleed and buildings are not made of bricks. On the other hand, the concepts of logic, luck, and ridiculousness are consistent with Lego's ideas. In Lego, surgery can be conducted with a shark and although it is strange it is not unheard of. Thinks like the alien invastions and the agents happen but are treated a little more realistically. I simply find that it's easier to picture drama when people are not square and yellow.Atton Rand seems to see things 5:95. The only hints that his is not a lego world is the existence of of Lego themes. Everything is super realistic and darker elements are used.Andrewnuva appears to be the opposite. He seems to imagine his characters as minifigure and that things are made out of bricks. I would say his percentage is around 90:10.I am interested to know what everyone else sees. Do you picture your characters as minifigures or people in a world inspired by lego (like Exo-force). When we get all the responses we can compile the results and have an official answer.
I'm pretty much on the same scale as Jacks and Brikman. Whenever possible, I imagine things as taking place in a LEGO world with LEGO people. However, sometimes I flip-flop a little and think of them as humans, and when I do fan art of Dino Attack RPG, I usually depict my characters as human. Nonetheless, much like Brikman, having an image to work with, especially one on the wiki, helps cement a picture in my mind of how a character should look, and as our wiki uses LEGO-based imagery, that should answer a few questions for you.And despite what you and Atton say, it is very possible to imagine serious drama with LEGO Minifigs. While Brickfilms tend to be on the silly and humorous side, there are a number of very serious and dramatic Brickfilms. Heck, even LEGO has a few "official" videos that succeed in making Minifigs look dramatic (the Rock Raiders intro, the LEGO Universe intro, and the Wizard Act 1 cutscene of LEGO Battles come to mind). And not just Minifigs, either. Some Source Filmmaker videos such as "The First Wave" show that cartoonish caricatures from an over-the-top game like Team Fortress 2 can be genuinely emotional. Pixar taught us that CGI toys can make us cry. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that one should not dismiss a medium as "not dramatic enough" when that medium can always play against type.
OOC: Going along with something mentioned earlier, I do think we should all find a way to keep in touch after all is said and done. I know Atton, PeabodySam and I are all on Steam, that Brikman, PeabodySam, Jackson, and I are on a certain art site, and that Brikman, Jackson, Atton, PeabodySam and I are on a certain video site, but I don't know about the rest of us and any other particular sites. Anyone have good ideas for what we could all use to keep in contact?
I don't know if it will be possible, but there is another website I know of, which I was recently convinced to join for the sole purpose of keeping in touch with people with whom I have parted ways, and it might be possible that we could find each other there. I know that I found Atton and Jacks on that website, and Toa Antrakha should still be on there too, if I'm not mistaken. The problem is that this requires knowledge of our real names (and where we live, if we have a common name), and some of us (cough, cough) are a little hesitant about producing such information at the present time.Key word: present. The future holds many possibilities...
Also, PeabodySam, you never actually answered if you would like to collaborate on a little story about a Rex AI.
It's definitely a possibility, but one that I'm not currently considering a high priority. Seeing as I still have to finish up HTTYML, would like to rewrite my own Romantic Plot Tumor, and already have two other "What If?" ideas in mind (namely, "What if Silencia Venomosa never retired?" and another short story about Future Frozeen from Alpha Team: Mission Deep Freeze RPG, which may feature a few familiar faces from Dino Attack RPG...)...
While I don't have time for a proper IC right now, take a look at my gallery! You might like what you see....
Heck, yes!Anyways, since it's been nearly two weeks since the death of Dr. Rex and we're still only a few hours after the final battle (while the projected time for the end of Dino Attack RPG is New Years, 2011), I may have to start initiating some Anachronic Order to get all that I want to wrap up... well, wrapped up in time. For example, you'll notice that this next post takes place at dawn.IC: Slowly, Frozeen inhaled a breath of fresh air. The atmosphere had that cool, refreshing, after-rain taste to it. It had finally stopped raining, or at least it was drizzling so lightly that Frozeen no longer even noticed, although Frozeen could feel a bit of a cold wind picking up. It was colder than before, finally starting to feel like winter, but the rejuvenation brought upon by the victory over the Mutant Dinos had certainly kept Frozeen warm.But as winter, the season of death, had begun, Frozeen now found himself in a place of death. Since Rex had no Minifig family, and Frozeen personally doubted that Chompy believed in custom Minifig memorial and burial services, it seemed only fitting to look for the family plot of his late wife, Amanda. Only a quick bit of research told him where to find the Remous family plot. A bit more research informed Frozeen of some background history on the Remous family, including their rather wealthy status... and a terrible fate that shivered Frozeen's spine.But as much as Frozeen wished it were not true, the evidence laid before him. Two headstones stood before him, rather small and plain in comparison to what might have once been the more extravagant tombstones of their ancestors, but if the sources were true, then these two, small, plain headstones were all that the Remous family could afford. Still, they had miraculously survived the apocalypse itself, still standing to tell the tales of the dead.AMADEUS EDWARD REMOUS1945-1993ROSARIA MAE REMOUS1947-1993"I remember reading about it in the newspaper when it happened."Frozeen was not alone in the graveyard. Accompanying him was Shannon "Gromtin" Grimton, who surveyed the area from her seat in the wheelchair. "It was when we were all assigned that mandatory 'fire safety' research project that we did as freshmen in high school, remember?" she inquired.Frozeen nodded. "Vaguely. I do seem to recall that our sophomore year chemistry teacher told us that we should have committed acts of arson to get true hands-on experience on the subject. He always was not-so-secretly a pyromaniac."Shannon grinned. "Ah, good old Dr. Juhász; we'll never forget a teacher like him." The smile disappeared from her lips as she continued her story. "A few of my friends and I got together one weekend to work on the project, and we took a bunch of recent newspapers and looked for anything interesting. And, well, we were all horrified to read about what happened. And, although nowadays it's pretty much public knowledge that Bricassius was responsible, back then, it was all covered up; unfortunately, this city's police and government were corrupt at the time.""Did you get a chance to properly meet Amanda before the final battle?" inquired Frozeen.Shannon shook her head. "Sadly, I'm afraid not. After I broke my legs in that fall, I wasn't allowed to go on missions out of fear for my safety; this was before I started making... adjustments... to my wheelchair. Rex was lucky to have had someone who cared for him so much that she would always be there, by his side, to ensure that he would never have to leave the battlefield where he was needed most just because of his condition.""If there's one thing that Rex taught us," Frozeen glanced at Shannon's wheelchair, "it's that you don't have to stand to take a stand.""Stop it!" smiled Shannon."I'm serious," smirked Frozeen."You are right, though," nodded Shannon. "If Rex's legacy will be half of what Andrew says it will, then it will certainly send out a strong and motivational message for people like... well, myself, right now. And, although you haven't met my brother yet, I think you can imagine how active I am in supporting challenged people.""Indeed," noted Frozeen. "Anyways, to backtrack a bit, after the death of her parents, Amanda took a vow of silence for a long time.""They really must have loved her," murmured Shannon."Makes sense, when you think about it," pointed out Frozeen. "You see, when you look at the Latin etymology for the name 'Amanda', you see that it means 'worthy of love'. And, you know, I really do think that this was a very fitting name for her.""You didn't tell me you were into linguistics," mused Shannon.Frozeen chuckled. "Thanks to Alpha Team training and private lessons from PBB, I've improved my ability to read and speak other languages. I'm still no expert, but... hey, at least I can point out a nerdy thing or two about etymology. And, seeing as it's a rather recent development, it makes sense that you wouldn't have known. There's been a few other... recent developments... that you still need to catch up on.""For example, the fact that you've decided that you actually are in love with me after all?" Although Frozeen startled at this comment, Shannon raised her hands and shook her head. "I'm sorry; I think I was a little blunt there. I apologize for that."Frozeen sighed. "You know, Shannon? The funny thing is... after years of therapy and counseling, plus a few years in Alpha Team, I've felt like I've been in control of my Asperger's syndrome. I mean, I know it's incurable, but I never really thought of it as presenting itself as a problem during my years in Alpha Team; if anything, it might have even helped me be more effective at my work. And despite all those years of counseling and feeling like I was in control... when I'm with you, I feel like I'm in high school again, flustered and confused about my emotions, and not sure what to do or how to cope. It's almost like Frozeen is the cool, collected Alpha Team agent while Peter is the dorky, insecure kid."Shannon leaned in towards Frozeen, locking her soothing eyes with his own. "Peter, think. What would all your therapists and counselors, the people who helped guide you through your life, tell you to do right now?"Frozeen averted his eyes and was silent for a moment. "They would want me to clearly project how I really feel," he murmured."And how do you really feel?" inquired Shannon in a quiet yet compelling tone. "Peter, speak to me."Slowly, Frozeen managed to raise his eyes back up to meet Shannon's gaze. "How I really feel?" he whispered. "What I told you during the final battle, after I learned what happened to Amanda... all of it was true. I love you, Shannon. I always have. And I know I'm as bad at handling romance as a socially-inept college freshman writing a poor fan fiction full of lousy Romantic Plot Tumors, but... I do."Shannon nodded slowly. "Good, Peter. I'm proud of you. However, I know what you're thinking, and it's the same question that drives every lover mad. And, I'm afraid I must tell you that I'm not ready to take you back. It's been too long, Peter, and you did hurt me pretty badly, even if you did not meant to do so. I'm not ready to just take you back with open arms after convincing myself that you did not actually love me. It's going to take a little more time, I'm afraid."Silently, Frozeen averted his gaze and stared at the ground."But don't worry," urged Shannon. "Time will heal. And I do feel that, once I'm ready, I will be ready. It's a little something you can look forward to. I just need you to understand how much you hurt me, and after that, I will forgive you.""I... probably deserved this," murmured Frozeen. "I do understand what you mean, Shannon. But until you're ready, can we not be bitter around each other? I'd just like things to go back to the way they were, when we were... friends."Shannon nodded. "Of course we can be friends, Peter. We're friends right now, aren't we?"Frozeen smiled. "I suppose so."Glancing back at the headstones of Mr. and Mrs. Remous, Frozeen changed the subject. "Anyways, I was thinking that we could, you know, have Amanda's burial and Rex's memorial service held here, seeing as Rex does not really have a family plot of his own, despite his connections to the Alexander and Schattenberg families. It would be a bittersweet ending, but I would think that Rex and Amanda would have wanted to be together forever, even in death, and it's only fitting that their tombstones should be together. And, of course, Roger too; the man deserves some recognition for all that he's done for his sister.""At last," murmured Shannon, "the Remous family would be reunited, together in the end."OOC: I wanted a scene with Frozeen and Shannon, and I wanted a scene in the Remous family plot, so I decided to kill two Mutant Pterosaurs with one PLARXX Radar Ray. Again, sorry about the Romantic Plot Tumor, but even though Gromtin was added pretty late in the game, I do feel like this love story needs some resolution.And that's the thing we should all strive for before the end of Dino Attack RPG: resolution.

OOC: Yeah. It might've been a wee bit more believable if I had only had Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda with group (the fight might have only been three days long as well). I was desperate in trying to separate them, so I sloppily threw in Blaire escaping on the Fire Hammer, so...yeah.Speaking of Steam, if I remember correctly, I made an account so I could download Team Fortress 2, but since my computer couldn't run game, I sort of forgot about. I think my name was just "BrikmanMcStudz" or "Brikman McStudz" over there as well. If I ever get a decent computer though, maybe I'll finally start playing TF2.And curses PeabodySam. Stealing my thunder (kind of). Zach and Minerva were going to bury Athena with the other Fabellos. Now it just feels...dunno. IC:Zelda’s katana slammed smashed into Blaire’s katana, showering the ground with orange sparks. Zelda was fatigued from the battle that ended barely an hour ago. With added battle against Blaire Darkling that was physically demanding in itself, Zelda felt as though she could collapse right now.But she wouldn’t. Not until Blaire was defeated. Not until her friends were safe. Not until Nazareno was avenged and his long-time mission completed.She needed to improve her form, that much was certain. As fatigued Blaire probably was, he still had defeated Zelda twice before with relative ease. Blaire was a million times more skilled in sword combat than her, even with lessons prior to the Dino Attack and with Nazareno.Zelda swung upward for Blaire’s head, an attack he blocked with ease. His brilliant red eyes expressed bored amusement as he fought her. This was hardly a challenge for him. He could probably kill her right now if he so wished.She swung the sword in her hand and delivered three quick attacks to Blaire before lashing out with a kick. Blaire smirked as he grabbed Zelda’s foot in midair. “Really?” Blaire scoffed. “If you did train under Nazareno, I expected a little better.”Zelda scowled before kicking herself other leg upward. It swung up in a wide arc and slammed Blaire in the cheek. He released his grip and groaned in pain, allowing her to land on both feet. Seeing her opportunity, she swept her foot across his ankles. Blaire anticipated this movement and swung his katana at her, forcing her to roll away and recover.“Fine,” Blaire snarled, holding his katana in an attack position. “I’ll kill you now.” Blaire rushed forward, slashing his katana. Zelda’s katana was quick in meeting each of Blaire’s attack, but she was becoming slower and slower as he attacked. Her jacket was being slashed and torn as Zelda became slower.Seeing that she was in a bad position, she backflipped away from him. This gave him the opportunity to slice down her back. Zelda gasped in pain and backed away as Blaire came closer. Her back was searing with pain and the pain made her dizzy. Regardless, she fought pass the pain. Zelda glanced back at Zach, Minerva, and Vinyaya, who were watching her with concern.“Stay back!” she hissed through clenched teeth as she blocked a horizontal sweep to her chest.“Zelda,” Vinyaya snapped, her voice hoarse. “You can’t take him alone. I’ve seen what he’s done to scores of officers. You’re powerful, but you’re tired. With the four of us, we could-”“No,” Zelda gasped as she pivoted her body to avoid a blow from Blaire. “I-”“We know you want to get him because of what he did to Nazareno,” Minerva said. “We all do. We can help. Together we can beat him.”Zelda mulled over her options quickly. Blaire smirked in faint amusement. “Stay back,” Zelda said finally, turning back to the group. They examined her quietly and saw the hardened features in her face lighten. Zach finally nodded sadly, an understanding glint in her eye. Zelda smiled briefly, glad they understood her message. Her smile quickly faded as Blaire’s katana collided with hers. His face was barely a foot away from hers. Zelda flinched as his hateful eyes stared into hers.“It doesn’t really matter,” Blaire boasted. “They will all die soon enough.” Zelda, unamused, resolved to spit in his face. Blaire snarled, allowing Zelda to push him back and strike back. She swung her sword upward and cut through his trenchcoat and black shirt. Zelda swung her foot extremely high and kicked Blaire underneath his chin, causing him to stumble back.Blaire wiped the saliva away from his face and roared in anger as he attacked again. This time, Zelda was ready and blocked the attack with ease. They exchange quick, deadly blows at all angles. Blaire swung up, down, and across at Zelda, who met each attack with equal furiousity. Zelda spun on her heel and stabbed at Blaire, who barely blocked the attack.Blaire gave her a hateful look. “Why...do you...persist...with this?” he hissed. Zelda refused to respond and knocked back Blaire’s katana and swung for his neck. Blaire ducked his head swung his head down and swung a fist into Zelda’s chest, causing her to gasp for air. She moved to the side as Blaire stabbed his katana forward. Zelda tapped it down and cut Blaire’s right arm before he could pull away. Blaire grimaced and swung with controlled, albeit angry, precision that creating a bleeding wound on her knees and thighs. She closed her eyes for a second as the stinging pain all over her body threatened to consume her. She opened her eyes quickly to see Blaire smiling maliciously as he stabbed forward again. Instinctively, Zelda fell to her back.Zelda gasped as the wound on her back screamed in protest from her action. The sword hovered over her for a second. She swung both feet up and wrapped them around. Too stunned to react, Blaire’s sword was ripped from his hands and flew into the air. Zelda rose to catch it, only to feel an elbow jabbed her cheek. Blaire jumped up and caught the sword and charged at Zelda. She stood there, her sword ready to attack. As Blaire reached her, she swung the blade into his hand.Blaire roared as her katana sliced into his gloved hand. Zelda swung her foot upward and kicked the sword out of his hand before Blaire barreled into her, knocking her to the side. She followed Blaire’s katana as it buried itself into the ground behind her. She smirked slightly before Blaire charged at her again.Zelda flew back as Blaire’s shoulder slammed into her chest. She rose quickly. This was her chance to finish him off. She ran at him, sword raised. Blaire stepped to the side and twisted her sword arm. Zelda suppressed a groan of pain and elbowed him in the face twice, forcing him to step back. Zelda swung her sword in a wide arc behind her, but Blaire jumped back before he could be hit. Zelda continued to swing at him, becoming fiercer as Blaire dodged his attacks, though he seemed to be slowing and becoming sloppier as Zelda landed a few slashes on him.. She slashed her sword downward. Blaire stepped back and caught the blade between his palms.You will not win!” Blaire barked, holding the blade tightly. Zelda tried to push the blade into his stomach, but he held it back with all of his strength. He grinned madly at her as he suddenly ripped the blade from her grip and turned it back at her. Before memories of Nazareno’s demise could swamp through her, she stepped to the side as Blaire began to attack again. She turned to get Blaire’s blade when Blaire slashed through her wrist. Zelda’s face twisted in pain as Blaire circled around her, blocking the path to Blaire’s katana.******************************“Have you found it?” Zach hissed to Vinyaya as she scoured the graves surrounding Blaire and Zelda.“No,” Vinyaya muttered irritably. She shot a glance at Zelda and Blaire, the former now without a katana. “We need to hurry.”Zach nodded quickly. Zelda had said not to help her, but her eyes and face were clearing asking that he, Vinyaya, and Minerva do something to distract him long enough so he could be defeated. Right now, they were search for the Cosmotronic Ray and Sonic Screamer used by Vinyaya and Minerva respectively, though it was difficult due to reaching the point where the fire from the Fire Hammer being the only source of light. Zach himself was search as well when he heard a frantic whisper from Minerva.“I found one of Nazareno’s katanas!” she gasped excitedly. Vinyaya and Zach ran over to her. Indeed, the bright gold katana rested in her hands.“Alright,” Zach said, glancing back at the duel. “I think Zelda has him distracted enough that we can slip in and kill him.” Vinyaya and Minerva nodded curtly. Taking the sword from Minerva, Zach stepped toward Darkling, Minerva by his side. Vinyaya was silently moving around to Zelda’s side. He cautiously watched Darkling launch after Zelda. Much of his composure was gone and seemed to be descending ever closer to insanity as he fought. Zelda shot him a brief glance as she danced away from Blaire’s attack; a fatal mistake.Blaire turned around and grabbed the sword Zach was about to plunge into his back. “Oh no you don’t!” At that point, Zelda kicked her sword out of Blaire’s hand and stabbed it at him. Blaire’s hand shot out and wrapped his hand around her blade as well. There was evidence of blood seeping from his palms as he held back the sharp blades. His arms shook with pain and his face twisted into his signature hideous smirk.Why won’t you die?!” Zach groaned as he pushed against the blade harder against the force Blaire was applying. No man should be able to last this long. It was almost...demonic.Blaire laughed coldly, his eyes constantly shooting from Zelda to Zach. “You are nothing compared to me! Not even the great Nazareno could stop me! I...I am Matthew Vherestorm!” Blaire's face seemed to become consumed in darkness with only his bright red eyes shining through. Vherestorm had become the mask that was Blaire Darkling, only to finally remove that mask in frustrated (and possibly insane) anger.“No,” Zelda stated plainly. Zach glanced over to her and saw Vinyaya by her side, her hands wrapped around the hilt of the katana as well. At that point, Minerva also moved next to Zach and gripped her hands around the sword. Blaire stared in shock and horror. “You’re dead.” With all of their strength combined, the two katanas shot past through Blaire’s hands and sunk into his body and out through his back, forming a gold-and-red X in his body.The light returned to his face. Blaire stared at the katanas sticking in shock. “I-I-I...” He was finally at a lost for words. The color drained from his face dramatically. His red eyes almost seemed to become stone gray. He stared from Minerva and Zach to Zelda and Vinyaya, who merely looked back with looks of pity and hatred. Suddenly, Blaire began to laugh.“These...these are his katanas, are they not?” Blaire said, his voice becoming strangely calm. “He...always said I would fall by his blades. Even in death, his prediction came true. How...poetic.” Blaire chuckled faintly. Zach and Zelda pulled the katanas from Blaire’s body. Without their support, Blaire Darkling’s body slumped forward and didn’t move.Zach swallowed calmly and looked at Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda. They stared at Blaire’s body in silence. Fatigue and grim satisfaction were etched on their faces. They had done it. Bla...Matthew Vherestorm...was dead. All the lives he had taken, including Thaddeus Brickhouse and Kareem Nazareno, were avenged. In the latter’s case, he was probably somewhere smirking in approval and in relief that his friends and lover/apprentice had survived the encounter and had defeated a great menace.“Well, folks,” Zach said finally, throwing the katana to Zelda. “Show’s over. Time to head home.” Vinyaya nodded and glanced around before running over and picking up Minerva’s Sonic Screamer. Tapping a few buttons, a bright light suddenly flashed into existence from the an attachment on the weapon. Nodding curtly, Vinyaya started to walk toward the graveyard exit. After one last glance at Blaire, Zelda followed. Minerva smiled weakly at Zach before the two joined the other two.OOC: Looks like everyone lived (except Blaire). Yay! Someone can go pick up the group now.

OOC:Kara's got that later tonight, Brikman.IC:Dr. Cyborg called Kara up. "Hey, Kara. I need your help. Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Zelda went after Darkling. I don't know if they are done fighting or yet, but I need you to go pick them up. Track their PDA GPS signals to find them.""Okay. Hey, I need to tell you something later. In person, though. Can we meet after this extraction?""Sure. Call me when you're done, and I'll meet you at the UlTech office tower here in Lego City. Good luck," Dr. Cyborg said. He signed off and called the Titanium Predator to him. He flew up about 30 feet and broadcast a message to all the XERRD members."Attention XERRD! As you probably know by now, the war is over! Dr. Rex has fallen, and Baron Typhonus has been banished from the Lego Planet for real this time. No Maelstrom remains on this world except for in those of us who have chosen for it to remain in our bodies, such as myself. I have a new assignment for all of you. Most Mutant Dinos have been destroyed, except for our allies. However, a few were out of range. I need you to utilize the tracking implants in all the Mutant Dinos to track down the runners. They are most likely within a few miles of Lego City, so that should not be a problem. Capture is the priority, but failing that, exterminate them. I also need some to meet me at the UlTech Tower. I have decided that XERRD should most likely begin working with Nexus Force again, using the valuable knowledge gained from this conflict. I need to consort with the higher ranks to decide our final course. Solomon, if you are hearing this, you need to be at this meeting. That is all, Dr. Cyborg out."---------------------------------------"Cortana, start scanning for Zach's PDA signal," Kara said. "We need to pick them up." They saw the four standing in a graveyard and landed."Kara Airlines Flight 117 final boarding now, please board Flight 117," Kara broadcast over the hull speakers as the four climbed in. She took off, intending to fly them to the Iron Hammer to be checked for injuries.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Looks like everyone lived (except Blaire). Yay! Someone can go pick up the group now.
OOC: Okay.IC: "Any sign of Blaire?" Rotor asked."Not yet" replied Cabin. "They ran off down the street in that Fire Hammer. Hang on. I think I see it!"Cabin carefully brought the T-1 Typhoon to the ground near a battered and beaten old Fire Hammer. Down the street, the remnants of a rough skirmish could be scene, and a small group of survivors remained. One of them, the woman with the purple streak in her hair seemed to be in pain. Lance climbed out of the chopper quickly, rifle in hand, and looked around carefully to make sure Blaire wasn't waiting to take him by surprise. Slowly he worked his way over to the survivors. Keeping his rifle in hand, he walked over toward the wounded girl with the purple streak and tried to put an arm around her shoulder, she simply brushed him off. "I can handle this," she said.Slowly, they worked their way back to the chopper. The purple-haired girl was insistent on walking on her own, and was subsequently the last to get into the chopper.Cabin started up the engines and the chopper took for the skies once more, flying toward the Iron Hammer.

OOC:I gotta say, I'm a little offended Atton. I said that I would handle picking them up. I don't have anything else for Kara to do, and I claimed that assignment. You posted after me, so I know you must have seen my post. And then you go and take over. I'm just a little bit ticked.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:I gotta say, I'm a little offended Atton. I said that I would handle picking them up. I don't have anything else for Kara to do, and I claimed that assignment. You posted after me, so I know you must have seen my post. And then you go and take over. I'm just a little bit ticked.
OOC: Actually, I think you made your post while I was in the middle of writing mine.

OOC:In that case, sorry I blew up a little bit. I still would like it if you would edit your post so Kara could pick them up. Picking them up will flow naturally into the meeting between her and Dr. Cyborg, so could I still do that?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:In that case, sorry I blew up a little bit. I still would like it if you would edit your post so Kara could pick them up. Picking them up will flow naturally into the meeting between her and Dr. Cyborg, so could I still do that?
OOC: I don't really see what difference it makes who picks them up. They're landing right outside the Iron Hammer so they can get medical attention for Zelda, you could probably just have her land there as well.

OOC:Yeah, but if there was nobody to pick up, what would she be doing there in the first place? Look, would you please indulge me and leave it up to Kara to pick them up?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Yeah, but if there was nobody to pick up, what would she be doing there in the first place? Look, would you please indulge me and leave it up to Kara to pick them up?
OOC: Wasn't she already involved with the search for Blaire (otherwise there's no practical reason for her to be there to begin with, in which case Cabin, being nearby, was a far more practical choice to pick them up)? She'd already be present. She can land at the Iron Hammer and meet up with whoever there. I really think you're making a big deal about nothing.

OOC:That's a good idea, except she's in the Reclaimer, and that uses a plasma engine, and because she refueled before the battle, she's good for at least a week.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

iC: Commander Pharisee was irate. He marched back and forth by the T-1 Typhoon that had previously contained agent Firecracker and the fugitive Snake. Now the two men were gone and a guard who had only been doing his job had been murdered.What remained of the unfortunate victim was an unpleasant smear on the cement. The sight was grisly and the commander was forced to recall some of the sicker psychopaths he had caught in his lifetime. Apparently there had been numerous witnesses to view the attack and the killer had been identified as agent Demoman.Pharisee’s responsibilities included monitoring dangerous drunks like Demoman. Up to this point he had been more along the lines of a blunt instrument directed at the enemy. He certainly was dangerous but it was incredibly out of character for him to kill his own teammate.But own psychotic demolitionist was not enough. Since Firecracker had escaped, reports had come in that eight people had died in his attempted destruction of the base. Three had been refugees seeking shelter from the war, one had been a doctor, another an agent ally, and a sixth was mingled beyond identification. Their deaths made Firecracker’s miscalculation all the more serious. With him now on the lose Pharisee feared him and Demoman would cause even more destruction. He had held back before but he was now willing to use lethal force.The death of the Dino attack guard was an embarrassment. It was sickening that a man who had survived the war would live long enough to be struck down by one his own in a senseless act of violence. In part, Pharisee blamed himself, it was his responsibility to stop these events but another agent had died on his watch. Although he would never admit it, managing internal affairs was too big of a job for a single man. Well Pharisee dedicated his entire existence to his sacred mission men like Demoman would always slip through his fingers. He would except help but he had yet to find a man who fit his standards.It was truly disheartening. These men had been through so much and at the moment of celebration more tragedy had struck. Now Pharisee was angry and he vowed punishment- be it in this life or the next.As he stepped around the helicopter a man in a thin black mustache stepped out from behind a nearby fire hammer. The newcomer observed the scene before moving forward to speak with the commander.“What happened here?” asked the stranger as he stuck his hands in his pockets “Looks like there was an explosion.”“This plaza is filled with the result of many explosions.” Responded Pharisee coldy. “What makes you think this particular crater is of significance?”“Donno,” shrugged the man. “I’m just making small talk really. The fact that you’re paceing around madly somewhat drew my attention.”“Do you have something to say?” growled the commander. “I have work do.”The man nodded his head and moved to face the commander. “My name his Hauk, I’m a marshal in charge of the man named Snake. Can you tell me about his performance on this team?”The reference to the felon perked Pharisee’s interested. He suddenly looked up and pulled Hauk close. “I can tell you many things about Snake. I can tell you that during his time here he brutally attack a fellow agent. Well I was unable to apprehend him immediately thereafter he deserted on the eve of battle with a brutal murderer and low-life named Trigger. Once again, Snake eluded me and he escaped to attack this agent again. Not until after the battle was I finally able to subdue him and incarcerate him for his crimes. He is an Unrighteous son of a 4+ Mr. Hauk, now that I have finally brought justice down upon him he escaped to once again reap misery on this earth.”Hauk was slightly taken aback by the lengthiness of Pharisee’s answer. “What makes you qualified to make this claim?”“I head the internal affairs department in the dino attack.” Responded Pharisee. “Due to Snake’s tendency to create disturbance in his wake I have grown to have close knowledge of the man. I assure you Mr. Hauk that Snake is by no means rehabilitated; he is still the lowly pathetic imbecile he always was. At this moment he is once again lose and I must go retrieve him. He escaped as a result of a few foolish souls and he will create more misery if he is not soon captured.”Hauk whistled slowly. “So you really think he’s that bad hah? You say he escaped after this explosion?”“Indeed.” Said the commander. “Well he is hardly the worst convict I have pursued but he is certainly unpleasant. His repeated attack on a fellow agent is disparaging. Thus far I have witnessed no heroics of any short come from the man, so if you thought he would leave this war changed you are sadly mistaken. He has abandoned us before he is likely half way across the city by now.”“Au contraire.” Said Hauk. “I met him on my way here-”Pharisee suddenly grabbed hold of Hauk and pushed him against the T-1 Typhoon. Getting close enough that their noises touched, he spoke with a ferocious authority. “Where is he? Where there two men with him?”“I did not see anyone.” Stammered Hauk in surprise. “I said he was a free man, I left him to go interview some agents on his performance!”The commander growled and pushed him harder into the helicopter before releasing him. “Fool! Snake is probably long gone by now! Congratulations Mr. Hauk, because of your incompetence I still have jurisdiction over Snake. Perhaps you could learn how to deal with men like him.”“What’s you plain?” said Hauk nervously.“Snake is dangerous.” Said Pharisee as he started away from the helicopter. “When last seen he was in the company of two insane men. They have all caused harm to D.A agent. The three are dangerous and it is my sacred duty to apprehend them before they cause more harm.”He turned back to Hauk. “You will lead me to them Mr. Hauk. Show my where you last saw Snake and I will show you how justice is done. This is the law, Mr. Hauk, the law is not enforced by your bureaucracy but by my knowledge of good and evil. This is the only way to judge right and wrong, threw action and example.”Hauk was visibly concerned and Pharisee knew it.“It is better to be feared then loved.” Said Pharisee. “It may not be civil and it may not popular but it is the only effective way to bring about true justice. Something, Mr. Hauk, that you will soon learn.”OoCAnd that is hopefully where I can leave Pharisee. I’ve been looking for an opportunity to bring about the end of my current time iCs and that ominous cliffhanger seems appropriate. If Atton wants to resolve this confirmation he is certainly welcome to because I have no intention of starting another Pharisee arc. I want to resolve his story, not start a new one. The results of this meeting with Snake will most likely be covered in my series of the epilogues.Atton, Since I really want to move on I implore you make the right decision when it comes to Firecracker, Demoman, and Snake. It is realistic that they be punished and I think another escape for the sake of comic relief would be distasteful.I’m post my ends in sometime this week or the next. I want to spend some time ensuring they are just right. Hopefully no more current events will distract me.By the way, I’m making a mini moc of the Iron Hammer in LDD. I’ll probably post an image soon.

That is all

It is realistic that they be punished
OOC: Oh yeah, it's totally realistic. Because you know, Karma Houdinis never happen in real life. Everyone knows that throughout history there has never been a single person that has managed to commit horrible crimes and get away with it.IC: Rotor and Cabin quickly climbed out of the T-1 Typhoon as it descended. The rotors came to a gradual stop as the occupants got out. Mac quickly grabbed Zelda, put her arm around his shoulder, and started to lead her off. He brought her toward the nearby Iron Hammer and carried her through the door. Inside, he worked his way past a few empty beds. He saw two paramedics who were busy performing a strange surgical process on one man. A young female doctor with a cross around her neck lay fast asleep on the bed right next to them. He worked his way down the corridor. A few other patients were present before he finally ran into one man that he recognized from Outpost 4"Copper!" Mac shouted. The old doctor turned toward him. "Mac, what are you doing here?""I got a patient," replied Mac. "She's hurt real bad. You might want to give her a hand."Copper looked at him for a moment. "We have an empty bed over here. Why don't you put her down."Mac complied and walked over toward the empty bed Copper gestured toward, and lay the wounded girl down. Copper walked over to her. "What the znap happened to you?" He asked as he looked at her wound."Blaire..." Zelda muttered."Blair?" Copper asked. "That biologist we worked with back in Antarctica?""No," replied Mac. "Different Blaire. This guy was with XERRD, some kind of assassin or something.""Oh dear," replied Copper. "It's alright, I'll take care of her."Mac turned back for the exit.

Stepping out of the T-1, Angel Eyes was rather surprised by two agents he noticed, one of whom he recognized- a tall man with a thin mustache and a receding hairline. Slowly, he walked up to the man. "Hauk?" Angel Eyes asked as he approached.The man turned in surprise. "Well, well, well," replied Hauk as he turned in surprise. "Van Cleef. I wasn't expecting to see you out here.""Well, it beats Antarctica," Angel Eyes remarked as he placed his pipe in his mouth and took a moment to light it."You know this man?" The large black man accompanying Hauk asked."Yes," replied Hauk. "He's actually my cousin, if you can believe it."Angel Eyes smiled.OOC: Sorry, I couldn't resist the potential for a meeting between Angel Eyes and Hauk for an inside joke (for those of you who don't know, both were inspired by characters played by actor Lee Van Cleef).

OOC: Gahh, sorry I've been so inactive lately. It's gotten a bit harder for me to remember my online obligations due to some Things have been happening in real life. :rolleyes:And it seems that Epic Winston vanished a few posts into the fight. That's what I get, I guess. I'll come up with...something or other to explain it, I don't even know.

I don't know if it will be possible, but there is another website I know of, which I was recently convinced to join for the sole purpose of keeping in touch with people with whom I have parted ways, and it might be possible that we could find each other there. I know that I found Atton and Jacks on that website, and Toa Antrakha should still be on there too, if I'm not mistaken. The problem is that this requires knowledge of our real names (and where we live, if we have a common name), and some of us (cough, cough) are a little hesitant about producing such information at the present time.
I've got no problem with you guys knowing my real name. Heck, most of you probably do already. The only issue I have with your plan, PeaSam, is that on that site you just mentioned, as a self-imposed -- but strict nonetheless -- rule, I only add folks with whom I am acquainted in the Real World. I suppose it's possible that I could change my ways in this matter, but from where I'm standing those chances look a bit slim right now.And I can't log into the account I made on That Art Site anymore. They might have deleted it due to inactivity -- after all, I only commented twice or thrice, and I never uploaded anything. And I'm no gamer, so I'm not likely to join Steam.So that pretty much leaves the Video Site, which is rubbish for social networking, and this place. Unless, of course, we have some other forums in common, which doesn't seem all that likely.I'm sure we can come up with something, though.EDIT: Atton, it's starting to sound like you're using 'realism' as a code word for 'everything happening exactly how you want it to regardless of concerns raised by your fellow writers.' Just pointing that out.IC: Hotwire slept like a log in the infirmary of the Iron Hammer. According the medics, the only thing he was suffering from was exhaustion.Kat wasn't particularly surprised. As far as she could tell, the only rest he'd had in the past three days was a few hours' fitful dozing on a T-1 and several fainting spells; while plenty of other agents were doing just fine with similar experiences, the loss of his leg had undoubtedly exacerbated Hotwire's condition. It was due to those concerns that the medics had decided to keep him here for the time being.Leaving him to his hibernation, Kat picked herself up off the chair by Hotwire's bed and headed for the exit. She stopped when she spotted a familiar figure seated by one of the beds.Wright looked up as Kat walked over and sat down. Her eyes were bleary from fatigue -- or possibly tears; it was hard to tell; perhaps it was both -- but her expression was calm and somewhat hopeful. On the bed, Shiller would have appeared to be sleeping peacefully but for the heart monitor and oxygen tube."They're saying he'll be fine, thank goodness," she said."What about you, though?" Kat asked. "You look you got a bit knocked around. Have you let the medics check you over?"Wright paused. "I hadn't really given that much thought."Kat smirked "Too busy worrying about your boyfri--" Wright cut her off with a glare that could have frozen magma. Kat faltered and reconsidered her choice of words. "I guess that was a bit insensitive.""A bit?""I'm sorry," Kat said, hanging her head slightly. "I've just kinda lost touch with that whole...area of human experience.""You don't say?" inquired Wright, anger replaced by curiousity. "Hotwire says he's the same way.""Not entirely," said Kat. "He and I have talked about that too, and he's never been in touch. My case is a bit odd, though -- Katerina was married, so I'm guessing I'd be able to feel that range of emotion, at least hypothetically; I simply haven't.""But you're different people, right?""Separate -- yes; but different? Less so than you'd think.""Regardless, you and Hotwire make quite the pair," said Wright wit a shrug."If you can call us a pair," Kat replied. She stood and gave Wright an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Best of health to the both of you, and don't ever forget how lucky you are," she said with a slight smile as she turned to leave. "Because sometimes, romantic love is the least complicated kind." Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

It is realistic that they be punished
OOC: Oh yeah, it's totally realistic. Because you know, Karma Houdinis never happen in real life. Everyone knows that throughout history there has never been a single person that has managed to commit horrible crimes and get away with it.
OOC: Seriously, Atton, you're pulling that card?Let me put it this way: In LEGO story (which, you know, this story really is, regardless of all the Darker and Edgier stuff we've pulled), yes, the characters that have commited horrible crimes (mostly trying to take over and destroy the world) are captured, implied to be captured, or shown to be on the loose simply for the Saturday Morning Cartoon hero/villian eternal conflict routine. Once again, I repeat: MST3K Mantra. It's just a silly RPG, you should really just relax.Although now that I think about it, Snake and Firecracker still being on the loose and being implied to be chased by Pharisee could make for a humorous cartoon premise (ignoring the seriousness of the latter). Not too unlike the plan for Sam Sinister chasing away Senior Palamor in a humorous manner.IC later, going to have a status update with Andrew's Fire Hammer. Not in a position to write it right now though, so no one mess with them until I post it, if you please.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: My point was I'm getting really annoyed that you keep going on about how this "has" to happen. What you're actually doing is trying to force me to change plans I've had from the start simply because you guys want to see them punished. But then again, is that not the whole point of a Karma Houdini? I mean as I've said before in the Steam Chat we all wanted to see Keyser Soze get his justice, but they didn't exactly deliver.

And despite what you and Atton say, it is very possible to imagine serious drama with LEGO Minifigs
I never meant to say it wasn't possible. I myself have seen some really well done LEGO Dramas online. I just meant to say that personally I just find it easier to imagine normal humans doing some of the things my characters do than small, blocky plastic people.IC: Snake was rather surprised as the familiar face of agent Hauk approached him. "Agent Snake," he said. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to put you under arrest."Snake looked at him for a moment, and ran around a nearby T-1, only to have a pistol cocked in his face- he looked up and saw a gunslinger staring right at him."My cousin," Hauk remarked as he approached. OOC: There, I caught Snake. Happy now?

OOC: It's not that these things have to happen, it's that you're negating us. (Yes, I'm breaking out the Improv terminology again. Sorry.) To be perfectly honest, I don't care if Firecracker and Snake are on the loose. The reason I have a problem with it is in the execution. If you want to write a series of posts detailing their harrowing escape, I couldn't care less. But when you bang out two paragraphs in which they saunter out of captivity with virtually no effort, it contradicts the posts of those who captured them. Not in a literal sense, of course -- more of a figurative, metaphorical contradiction. It's like you're saying, "Yeah, that happened, but it doesn't matter." It devalues the work of your fellow writers.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: My point was I'm getting really annoyed that you keep going on about how this "has" to happen. What you're actually doing is trying to force me to change plans I've had from the start simply because you guys want to see them punished. But then again, is that not the whole point of a Karma Houdini? I mean as I've said before in the Steam Chat we all wanted to see Keyser Soze get his justice, but they didn't exactly deliver.
OOC: Yes, we get that you have plans. But the thing is that we're annoyed at how the cool dude who nearly destroyed Dino Attack HQ at completely the wrong time, and the guy who decided to abandon the team at its greatest time of need, are running off and away just like that, especially when they up and casually murder a fellow agent in their escape attempt (which, granted, was mostly just an assumption on That Guy's part, but still).You keep going on about Karma Houdinis, but the thing is, not many of us are okay with the justification off, essentially "in real life, not everyone gets their punishment for their crimes, that's the way things are, deal with it." Remember that this is still a story, and stories (especially one like ours) don't have to realistic in all aspects.Regardless of that, I myself don't have a problem with Snake and Firecracker escaping. I've heard how Escape from New York ends, and I do find it fitting for them to run off into the sunset. What I do have a problem with, like Jackson Lake and That Guy, is how you're going by doing it. Destroying a T-1 and taking an ally's life in the space of a few sentences is a bit too simple and distasteful to go by doing it, that's all I'm saying.I suggest you and That Guy talk it out in private. The matter does concern your characters the most, after all.

OOC: Atton: I'd suggest talking with That Guy about a way for the issue to be resolved, since it does involve your characters. Considering your feelings on what the cast should do, I'd say try for Snake, Firecracker and possibly Demoman running off into the sunset, while Pharisee begins to make his move to try and catch them.Also, to avmatoran, if you're still stuck on how to handle the Kara situation, I'd reccomend saying that she was about to land the Reclaimer and pick up Zach's gang, but Cabin was simply quicker in getting there and picking them up. It may sound odd when you compare the Reclaimer's speed to a T-1's, but you can say that the latter simply had the advantage of closeness.IC: "For he was a jolly good fellow, for he was a jolly good fellow...""This is Rotor. Blaire Darkling is dead, and we've picked up Zach's team and returned them to the Iron Hammer for injury overview.""80 percent of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 20 percent of real music fans like Rotor, put this message in your Dino Attack descripiton.""Well, that should take care of all loose ends.""What about Senor Palamor?""I'm sure Sam Sinister will take care of him. Chase him off into the sunset or something.""Hey guys, I'm hearing rumors that Trouble, Rex's old pet Mutant Lizard, was found dead by Dr. Glados!""Really?! Man, no wonder he sacrificed himself! He didn't have anything left.""Man, we really fried the coke in that battle, huh guys?".....what was that?""I WAS FROZEN TODAY!""Anybody got change?""And the Darkitect?""That's Nexus Force's problem.""But didn't Trouble have a mate or something? That's what the database said.""Guess somebody should find them and break the news, then.""...WHICH NOBODY CAN DENY!I""If they survived.""Man, this chatter went to Rock Bottom pretty quickly after the battle ended.""You mean it hadn't already?""...I hope he will never stop, or else I will be nostalgic...""SHUT UP!"Andrew snickered as he turned off the radio. They had been trying to track Blaire's trail, avoiding wrecked and the odd wandering group of non-hostile Mutant Dinos for the past several minutes. Now he was given a relief of concern. "Well, enough of that," he said. "Let's head on over to the Iron Hammer and meet up with them. I'm sure you guys would want to be dropped off too."The other riders in the Fire Hammer, Solomon, Bluetooth, and Dr. Cyborg, nodded. Laxus and Pterisa, the latter of which had caught up with them after the split from Zach's crew, gave their agreement from the Xenon communicator. Without more debate, Andrew began steering off to Dino Attack HQ, following the PDA GPS back "home".The LEGO Islander breathed a sigh of relief. "So that's it," he said. "The conflict's finally over. It'll be good to be able to go ahead and kick back.""You mean like that LEGO Island party the chatter's been all over about?" Bluetooth asked."Yep. You should try and come too, Bluetooth. I bet a good dance to 'Brick by Brick' should help you with Vinyaya."The technician smirked sarcastically. "Yeah, but I don't trust my dancing skills. Not by a longshot."There were snickers from within the cab. Then Laxus came in through the connection to the Xenon launcher. "So Andrew, about what we talked about regarding the future.""Oh, yeah, that!" Andrew exclaimed. "You serious there, bud? I didn't think one could simply go into space.""Hey, all you had to do was ask," Laxus remarked. "I can easily arrange a trip, maybe even another place if you're interested.""Oh yeah, that does sound good. We'll need to talk more over that once the party shenagins are over with.""That sounds well to me too," added Bluetooth. "Could make it much easier for us to keep in touch. I intend to get back to Futuron as soon as possible, and exempting helping to rebuild the space ports, I doubt I'll have many assignments back on Earth.""Don't you mean the LEGO Planet?" Pterisa asked."Us non-Earthlings don't actually call it that," Laxus explained. "We prefer the more specifc names, since, you know, there's LEGO on all planets, and most of them have a moon, so using proper names is preferable for them.""Indeed," Bluetooth added. "In terms of moon names, I like Luna.""Interesting..." Pterisa muttered.As Andrew smirked, he glanced out his door window at the exterior side-mirror, which had somehow miraculously survived their ordeals. He could see Pterisa clinging on with Laxus on the Xenon cannon.The though did make him think about his future would plan out. He had talked of liking space much in his time, and the thought of going out to see the galaxy did still appeal to him. But as he thought about living out there on another planet, like Mars or something else, the thought of Pterisa did make him a bit hesitant for some reason. It was odd, and for a few moments, he couldn't quite place it.Then he remembered how much he and the hybrid had bonded over the past two days. He realized that what he was feeling was a hesitation to want to part with her. He didn't want to leave her, though he knew that their experiences had likely strengthened her social skills, and would make it more easy to get along with Minifigkind. Still, he hoped he hadn't made her too dependent on him, such an element didn't work well for some relationships (such as Rex and Amanda The LEGO Islander could make a good guess for her death being a sizable factor in Rex's willingness to make his sacrifice).Andrew shook his head to clear it up. He sorted the matter to the back of his mind and resolved to finish it later. Right now, there was people to meet up with, and a party to prepare for.

Edited by Andrewnuva199