Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: Shaw slowly moaned as she shifted. She half-opened her eyes and somewhat sleepily sat up. She looked over to the bed next to her, and remembered suddenly that she had been tasked with watching Enter and Return. She felt somewhat embarrassed, realizing she'd fallen asleep on the job, but then she noticed something surprising. Enter and Return were busy cleaning up, moving all their questionable tools outside. The patient lay there, conscious. Quickly she got up and looked at him. He seemed to notice her."You alright?" She asked.

IC:"I'll see you two later, I suppose," Vinyaya said with smile to Zach and Minerva. "We'll still have to work out a funeral for Nazareno, and then there are all the celebrations...""We're counting on it," Minerva said, clasping Vinyaya on the back. Dr. Martinet stood behind her with a tired smile underneath his mustache. "Still working, Martinet? I mean, you were out in the battlefield,""Aye, and now all-a the injured in one place," Martinet said, his eye continually glancing down at the clipboard in his hands. "Once most everyone is taken care of, maybe I'll take a nap, eh?""Thanks for that, by the way," Vinyaya added. "After the last experience with the medics, I'd rather have you checking out my scars and wounds than the other medics." Martinet chuckled before gesturing for the group to follow him into the designated medical wing of the Iron Hammer."Alright!" Martinet yelled out. "I'm going to need someone or someones to due a quick check up of two agents!" Dr. Pierce shushed Martinet irritably. Martinet nodded apologetically. "Righto, this is a hospital after all." Zach, Minerva, and Vinyaya chuckled quietly as they continued through. It wasn't a pleasant sight to see the injured agents with scars, wounds and with lack of limbs or eyes. There was other those who didn't show any serious wounds but had still suffered, such as when they passed by Hertz being operated on by Enter and Return. Zach smiled as he knew that in probably a good few hours time, Hertz would have his hearing back and be with Naomi Carver again."Sorry about your friend Nazareno," Martinet said as he continued. "He was quite the man and we could've used his help here with so many people suddenly without an arm or leg. We'll be able to-a replace them, naturally. It'll probably just take a bit longer." Zach acknowledge Martinet faintly as he glanced around at the patient. Even in the morbid setting of a war hospital, many seemed to be taking their wounds in stride and were laughing with friends and family, knowing that the world would continue on."Hey!" Minerva said in loud whisper. Zach turned his head to see Zelda sitting in a bed, waving to them as she spoke to a doctor Zach didn't recognize. With a shrug, Zach, Minerva, Vinyaya, and Martinet moved toward her. As they reached her, Zach noticed her jacket sleeves were empty and her arms were tucked inside it."Can I speak with them a bit, Copper?" Zelda asked. "Come on. It's not like I'm about to die." Copper seemed uncertain, but let them converse. "We did it," Zelda said, with a faint, bitter grin. That was all she needed to say. Zach, Minerva, and Vinyaya simply smiled and nodded. Vinyaya went to pat Zelda on the back when she winced and shook her head, causing Vinyaya to pull back. "Blaire left his mark, though." She stood up and pushed her jacket on to bed, revealing a white tanktop stained with sweat. She turned around, revealing the back of the shirt was stained with blood. She lifted the shirt up halfway up her back so they could see half of the dark red, jagged cut Blaire Darkling had left on her back."Not as bad as yours, Holly," Zelda said as she slid her shirt back down and turned back to the group. "More like Minerva's on her cheek. Somewhat of a reminder of what could've been before Blaire took it away." Zelda paused for a moment, then added, "We all seemed to be gaining scars from this battle. What about you, Zach?""Willa the Witch used some spell to create across my body," Zach said with a shrug. "I managed to heal it with the Maelstrom, but it left a purple and black scar.""You can compare scars later," Copper interrupted irritably. "I have a patient to deal with."Indeed," Martinet said. "While you're injuries are-a no laughing message, Commander Vinyaya, you're rather low priority to compared to some others. I want to check you and get you out of here so we can deal with more urgent matters.""Yes, of course," Vinyaya said. "I suppose my 'good-bye' earlier was rather pointless. See you later, Zach, Minerva, Zelda." With that, she followed Dr. Martinet to another area of the infirmary. Zach and Minerva turned to leave when they bumped into Dr. Naomi Hale and a male doctor he didn't recognize."Martinet said you two need a check-up?" Hale asked somewhat impatiently."Uh, yeah," Minerva said. "Probably some proper medical-""Good enough. Bones, you deal with him. I'll handle her." The dark-haired man pulled Zach to the side."Names DeForest McCoy. Feel free to call me Bones. So you're not severely injured, right?""Yeah," Zach said. "A quick check to make sure everything's in working order. Probably clean up some wounds Blaire Darkling created.""Already on it." While Bones began to look over Zach, the latter turned his head to Minerva. Dr. Hale was removing the self-applied bandage Minerva had placed over arm. "What caused this?" Dr. Hale asked, looking at the wound closely."A bullet grazed my arm," Minerva stated simply. Dr. Hale simply nodded and began to clean up the wound. Minerva flinched as Hale dabbed something into the wound before looking at Zach and grinning. "I think we're done fighting now.""We'll probably get sent to help round up the remaining dinos across the planet. Exterminate the wild ones and capture the rest for science," Zach said as Bones rolled up Zach's sleeve and looked at his arms."Yeah, but that's nothing. The real fighting's over. Time to celebrate and have a good time.""There's still Athena and Nazareno," Zach pointed out.Minerva's features only saddened briefly. "Yeah, I suppose. But I doubt they want us to be moping over their deaths. Wherever Mom is, she'll finally be able to be together with Dad, Tod, and Oswald again while I move on and restart my life for the better. Nazareno's death was avenged and all of his friends and his lover are still alive from the encounter. I'm pretty sure they'd want us to celebrate."Zach smiled faintly at her. "You're probably right on that one. Time to sing carols and songs of victory. To eat as much Brickolini's pizza as you can stomach.""To laugh and rejoice in the survival of an entire race," Minerva added with a mock-dreaminess in her voice. "To dance until you're feet fall off, right?""That can be taken literally on LEGO Island, you know. It will probably happen at some point." The two laughed until they were hushed by Dr. Hale irritably. Zach looked away from Minerva as bones wrapped up a wound on his arm in a bandage."Anything else I missed?" Hale asked Minerva, straightening."I got a cut on my stomach. I suppose you could look at that," Minerva said with a shrug. Dr. Hale's eyes narrowed and looked at Bones and Zach with a look of distaste."Come with me, please," Hale said irritably. "You can hang out with your boyfriend in a bit." Hale pushed past Zach and Bones. Minerva smiled awkwardly at Zach as she followed the doctor. Zach chuckled sheepishly as she passed. Bones seemed to ignore the passing conversation. He lifted Zach's shirt and ran a cautious finger down the purple and black scar on his stomach."Is there anything I can do about this?" Bones asked curiously."No. I healed that myself. That's why it looks like that." Bones stared at Zach. Zach simply shook his head. "Best not ask. There's nothing wrong with it." Bones shrugged and stood up."Then I'm done with you. You'll live and won't get any infections. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more critical patients to take care of." Zach simply nodded and stepped out of the way as Bones went to help someone else. Zach shuffled through the hallway in silence, hoping Hale would let Minerva go soon.After several minutes of waiting near the exit, Minerva finally appeared in his vision. "There you are!" she said, grinning apologetically. "Sorry about that.""Not to worry," Zach said as they began to exit the Iron Hammer. "Enough dreary medical-death-bad stuff. Time to see what sort of celebrations are happening outside."Minerva smirked. "Sounds like a plan."OOC: And from here, I'll probably start skipping around as I see fit.

OOC: Dr. McCoy now? Interesting.IC: Shaw yawned slightly as she sat down on the bed next to Hertz, who looked at her with some confusion. She knew his face, and she remembered him well, but she knew he probably didn't recognize her. "I don't suppose we've met," Shaw said to the patient, not sure if he could hear her or not. "At least not properly-""Excuse me," said a gruff voice from behind, Shaw turned in surprise to see a gruff middle-aged man with short dark hair."Who are you?" Shaw asked."I'm Dr. McCoy," replied the man. "You can call me Bones if you like, Dr...""Shaw.""Shaw, right. I'm just checking on patients here. What's up with this one?""He's not mine, actually," Shaw said. "He was being treated by Enter and Return. I just wanted to make sure they actually helped him.""Ah, yes," McCoy said casually. "They do get the job done, don't they?""Maybe," replied Shaw. "But given their questionable methods a quick check-up can't hurt.""Of course," replied McCoy."Excuse me," said a female voice from behind. McCoy turned in surprise to see a red-headed female doctor looking at him. "I don't think I've seen you around here befo-""McCoy. And you are...""Dr. Crusher," replied the woman. "Pleasure," replied McCoy, extending a hand. "I'm just here to lend a hand.""That's good," replied Crusher. "There's one patient with a chest tube and a collapsed lung. His girlfriend hasn't left his side since. I was just going to go check on him. You want to give me a hand?""Alright," replied McCoy, as he turned and followed Crusher. Shaw watched them leave before turning back to the patient.OOC: I'm sorry. I had to get McCoy and Crusher together somehow.

OOC:So I accidentally lied. Sue me.By the way PeaSam, why did you subscribe to me on #######? Why? I have only one video on there, and that one is non-Lego! Why?Okay, really, I will IC by the end of today.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: I really need to get a move on or I'll end up leaving a bunch of loose ends untied. Too bad I have an essay due tomorrow.avmatoran, if the site that got eaten by hashtags is the one I'm assuming it is, it was probably because it's kinda cool to see what all of us are up to on other parts of the interwebs. PeaSam is subscribed to me too, and not so much as one of my 26 videos are Lego-related :P

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:If the site you are referring to is a video site owned by Google, yes that is the one. And, I didn't even mean to comment under that account! It had a clue to my real name, and I was not intending to give that away! It happened on accident.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Yeah. My friend, whose name is also there, asked me to sign it for some odd reason. After I upload it, I realize what I just uploaded- a picture with my name on it. Ah, well, it's fine anyways. I mean what are you guys gonna do? Go tell some crook and have him come after me? ;)IC:Kara watched as the T-1 Typhoon took off from the pick-up. She had tried to race herself there, but a helicopter had still beat her. It must have been closer, she thought.“Cortana, is there anything else on the docket as for transport?” she asked her AI.“Well, there are some requests from XERRD operatives to be taken to the UlTech tower. Catless has called, asking for the same thing. A cargo ship has arrived at the docks with medical supplies. Take your pick. We’ve got plenty to do,” Cortana replied.“First off, lets get the medical supplies to the Iron Hammer. I expect they need them badly there.”“Right.”Kara tilted the stick to the right and veered off to the harbor. She hovered above the ship and used the grav-beams to start loading crates of supplies into the cargo hold. When the hold was full, she flew towards the airship in front of the DA headquarters. She landed to allow full access to the cargo bay by the Alpha Team agents so they could unload and saw Zach and Minerva exit the ship. She ran over to them.“Hey, how’d the fight go?” she asked.“We beat Darkling, but we all took a beating for it,” Zach said.“I’m glad he’s dead, but I’m sorry you guys got hurt for it. Hey, I’ve been hearing you, Andrew, Laxus, and others talk about a party on Lego Island. When is it, and am I invited?” she asked.“New Years, and yes, of course you are. Everybody is,” Zach said as they walked off.Kara ran back to the dropship and found it unloaded. Catless was standing by the ramp in the back. She walked towards Kara when she saw her.“You got my message?” she asked.“Yes I did. Why do you want to go to the UlTech building?” Kara asked.“I heard Dr. Cyborg was going to be there, and I need to speak to him about something,” Catless said.As she was saying that, a group of XERRD members walked up, asking to be taken to the UlTech tower. Kara agreed, and all the passengers loaded the Reclaimer.“Man,” Kara muttered as she took off and flew towards the building. “Everyone wants to speak to Dr. Cyborg.”OOC:Finally! My promised IC! I have two things to say. One, is that I still like the idea of a monument/museum about the Dino Attack. The other is a request. Because PeabodySam is, of course, the longest-running player and therefore made the first post, can I, as the newest player, make the last post in the RPG? Sort of like book ends, or something. The first post by the longest player, and the last post by the newest player. It has a sort of logic to me.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I expected as much, Atton. ;)I think I'll do at least one more post that takes place on December 21. After that, I'll start with those "resolution" posts.IC:Zach and Minerva walked through the battlefield. With no street lights, the only light in the dark came from the high beams of the Iron Hammer and the multiple bonfires created from the wrecks of vehicles and corpses of Mutant Dinos. The crowd of Minifigs on the streets grew rapidly. They passed by Dino Attack, Alpha Team, Agents, Rogue Knights, Chinese Soldiers, and Drones. United in battle, the many opposing forcing of the LEGO Planet were now united in celebration over the defeat of their common enemy."Too bad it won't last," Minerva noted wistfully."Yeah," Zach agreed as they shuffled past a group of Alpha Team and Ogel Drones celebrating together. "The Brickster will be captured, but villains like Ogel and Vladek will retreat to their headquarters and kingdoms, rebuild their forces, and be back to causing trouble.""Such is life on the LEGO Planet," Minerva said with a faint grin. "One year gives us an almost-apocalyptic invasion of square-headed robots who held the mayor hostage. Two years later we have a mad scientist and his lackeys causing trouble and destroying stuff with a big robot. A year later, mutated dinosaurs show up. With those 'alien fleet' warnings I heard about from Bluetooth and Holly, we can probably bet on some kind of alien invasion next year.""The planet's never going to get a break, is it?" Zach chuckled. "But seeing as we have a forewarning of this alien fleet, if they prove hostile, we should be able to stop them before they cause too much damage." Zach wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her tight against his side. "Now, as tired as I am and the likely hood of me collapsing on a street to take a nap grows higher with every moment, I'm feeling up for visiting one of these little celebrations here."Minerva yawned and nodded. "Might as well." The two approached a large crowd surrounding the fiery corpse of a Mutant Dinos. People were talking, laughing, and singing a variety of songs; primarily holiday carols but with a mixture of songs expressing victory. One man had an acoustic guitar in his grip and a woman had a drum in front of her. Both had a crowd of people around them as they sang and played a variety of tunes. Zach and Minerva leaned against a Fire Hammer on the outer edge of the circle listened as the two musicians grew louder, tempting a few people into heading into the crowd and begin to dance. Zach and Minerva smiled and clapped their hands to the music before Zach was tapped on the shoulder by a familar face."Good to see you in one piece, Virchaus," Raine Dashworthy said, gripping his shoulder. Zach smirked and pulled Dashworthy into a brief hug. Her eyes managed to locate his metallic right hand. "I guess that need to fix you up a little bit.""A little bit," Zach repeated. "That's only the most visible thing wrong with me. Good to see you still kicking, Raine. This is Minerva Fabello. Minerva, Raine's another one of those Agents I worked with early on in the war. Less than Thad, but still up there." Minerva smiled nervously and shook Raine's hand. Raine smiled politely at Minerva before turning to Zach."Speaking of Thad," Raine said in a low voice. "Did I hear right? You got the guy that killed him? That Matt Wherestorm or whatever?"Zach nodded. "We got him. Me, Minerva, and two others. We all had a bit of a...bone to pick with him. Thad was only one wrong Dark...er, Vhere... - whatever we're going to call him - committed not only today, but for apparently years.""Good on you, then," Raine said, slapping Zach hard in the back, causing him to grimace. "Since there won't be much of a use for the Dino Attack now, I hope you consider rejoining the Agents. We could use someone like you."Zach merely smiled. "I'll think about it." Raine clasped his shoulder one last time before jumping into the center of the circle and start to dance with a black-haired Alpha Team wearing a brown fedora."Are you going to rejoin the Agents?" Minerva asked curiously as she glanced at Raine.Zach shrugged. "I have all sorts of ideas of what to do. Right now, I'm not really concerned about it." Minerva shrugged and they both watched a man with a fiddle join the group of musicians. The newly formed group spoke in hushed tones before starting off into a fast-paced piece that got multiple people off into dancing with a partner or significant other. Those who didn't clapped along from the sidelines. "I'm half-tempted to jump in," Zach noted."Feel free," Minerva said. Zach glanced at her curiously. She rolled her eyes. "I'm not going in there! I've never danced in my life!""Fine. Then when we go to LEGO Island and go to the party there, you can make a fool of yourself there instead of here." Minerva's eyes narrowed. He punched her shoulder playfully. "Speaking of LEGO Island, you're still moving over there now, right?""Yep," Minerva said with certainty. Zach smiled at this. He had not fail notice Minerva's uncertainty about going to LEGO Island with him after the war when discussing it briefly a day before. "I have nothing left here and personally, I don't want to stay here anymore. I'm interested in restarting, and LEGO Island sounds like the place to do it. Not sure how I'm going to it or what I'm actually going to do, but I'm sure something good will come out of living on LEGO Island."Zach chuckled faintly. "At least you're optimistic. Everyone on the island, especially Andrew and I, will make an effort to help you whenever you need it." Minerva smiled in silence before pulling Zach close to her as they watched their friends and allies celebrate their triumph.

OOC:Well, as I said on Rex's theme music video on that one Google-owned video site, I have been trying to cobble a Cyrista's Bane theme out of pre-existing music. I have finished! I don't think that it is as good as that "Forgotten Beasts" that was recommended, but it's not bad, if I do say so myself! As soon as I can figure out where to upload it, I will upload it for your enjoyment!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Titan," Stranger said to his fellow agent as he encountered him in the crowding of agents around the Alpha Team craft site. "Glad to see you lived this long.""Same to you, Stranger," the man said with amusement, clasping hands in a hard handshake. "I've been hearing rumors from the database geeks. Never thought you of all people would follow in Rex's footsteps.""Depending on who you ask, the hat would make some think otherwise," Stranger remarked. "But frankly, our relationship is more of a semi-large friendship. I might keep in touch, but I doubt we'll be in much of close contact as time goes on.""So you're leaving him to roam?""He seems okay with that. In fact, he went off on his own after we won and everything and I told him what I heard happened over the comns. I suppose he needed a moment or something, he seemed broken up over Rex dying.""What a shame." With his interest in the subject leaving, Titan started talking again. "So did you finally get any good trophies?""That was what I was wanting to discuss, actually. You got a machete on you?"Titan pulled such a blade out of a holder on his belt. "Finally got the old thing sent over to LEGO Island just before the whole Final Battle announcements came in. A waste of shipping, but I was glad to get off the island. The people were re-inhabiting it already, and they were a little too zany for my taste.""They're like that," Stranger remarked. "You should see those two guys who got Elite rank. Anyways, We managed to kill a T-Rex while holding out in this bar (though we didn't kill it persay, that Dr. Cyborg guy dropped in and stole the kill. A bit cheap, if you ask me), and I got the short straw for getting the head.""Can see why you need a machete with skin that thick. Well then, let's decapitate that thing."-----------Bluetooth found himself wandering through the crowd of agents around the Iron Hammer shortly after Andrew arrived back there. He was hoping to try and find Holly and see to it that she was okay, but found himself distracted as he ran into a few old friends, such as Rockford."Bluetooth!" Rockford said when they met. "Happy to see you made it out of this mess alright!... and my condolences for Semick, I knew you two were close friends.""We were more like close colleagues," Bluetooth explained, "but thanks. It is getting easier for me, though. I've met someone I've been particularily fond of, someone female, and I think we can... work out something.""Ah, good to see love is still in the air after all that's happened," Rockford said as he patted the technician on the shoulder. "Good man. Reminds me that I have to talk to my wife soon. Ole knows she must be worried sick after I decided to leave Adventurers Island so abruptly."The two smirked in amusement. "Glad to see you around, Rockford. Your perspective has always been insightful. I've missed you during all the little incidents we had here at HQ yesterday.""I heard about that," Rockford said as they started walking towards the Iron Hammer out of habit. "A shame I wasn't around for the traitor debacle. I'm sure I could've helped in some way to find the culprit before nearly all the SHS was lost. And I was always wanting to confront French Fries after I heard he got off scott free for what he did with the Antarctica mission intell. Though I will say-""I do hope you don't mean along the lines of what Rex did to that imbecile," said a voice. Rockford and Bluetooth turned to see Commander Pharisee himself passing by. "Though judging by what I know about you, I do think that physical assault is extremely out of character for you.""Indeed." Rockford pulled on his shirt collar, and to Bluetooth, it seemed that the man was firming up in a manner similar to how he had been with regards to the like of Dust and Lutsky. "I do prefer seeing the best in people and trying to make them see the right of way, though I will admit French Fries was a bit beyond the normal reaches.""A respectable trait in a fellow part of the justice system," Pharisee said, reaching out a hand to shake. Rockford took it stiffly and shook it only once."Interesting for you to say that, out of all people."Pharisee's face hardened a bit. "Some people are beyond talk and have to be dealt with. Especially after repeat offenses. I'll be frank: if I was you, Rockford, Mr. Thutmose would've been off that island the moment you uncovered his lies about his background. And he wouldn't have gotten away so many times as easily as he did."Rockford's eye twitched. "I suppose we just all have certain ways of doing things. Let's agree to disagree.""Very well." As Pharisee and Rockford let go of each other's hands, Bluetooth saw Holly come up to them."Told you I'd be alright, Ryan," she said as Bluetooth came to her side. She looked at his current companions. "Rockford. Commander Pharisee. Good to see you're here and in once piece.""The feeling's mutual," said Rockford. "I heard about your confrontation with Mr. Vherestorm. Rather reckless, in my opinion, but well done. I doubt he could've been captured anyways.""No doubt," said Pharisee, "judging from what some of the Unitron people have told me. Very brave of you, Commander Vinyaya, especially after you decided to limit your group against of you to four.""It couldn't be avoided," said Holly. "The man was mad, and desperate to get away. We couldn't hold him off long enough to have everyone in to get a good shot.""He sure wasn't like that ape tha-" Bluetooth started, but stopped himself, remembering how Rockford felt about Mur. The former lawyer tensed up at the word "ape," but quickly relaxed with a press of the shoulder by Pharisee."This conversation's been nice," said the Internal Affairs operator, "but I best be going. I still have two careless renegade to track down. See you in the courts, Rockford."As he walked away, Rockford relaxed notably. "He's nice under the right circumstances," he muttered to Bluetooth and Holly, "but bust my bricks if I don't like his attitude on justice. It's like some bad comic book's tackle of the subject. And geezeus, where the heck does he work out to get that large?""You'll always have those kind of people in any kind of law enforcement department," said Holly. "Trust me, you learn to deal with it.""I suppose so. Well, the best of luck to you two." Rockford tipped his helmet and walked off."So then..." Bluetooth said, turning to his current companion. "Darkling's dead, and... we're still alright. What now?""How about we check out the celebrations?" Vinyaya said, pointing to over where much celebrations and musical instruments were going on. "Maybe we can start discussing things in better circumstances."OOC: And that wraps up my check-up obligations with my secondary cast. Coming up next: Ready the party cannon and pizzas!

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: I expected as much, Atton. ;)
OOC: That makes sense.And by the way, Avmatoran, I found your ####### Channel. You didn't think you could hide from me and my awesome Unterganging, did you?IC: Shaw looked at Hertz, who stared at her, apparently uncertain of what to say. From his actions it was hard to tell whether he could actually hear her. He could just as easily have been somewhat shocked to have his hearing back, something that would pass once he had time to re-adjust to it. Then again, Enter and Return may have bungled up the job."I'm sorry Carver isn't here to see you," Shaw said shyly. "I know that would have felt good- wake up with your hearing and first speak to the woman you love. But unfortunately she isn't. I just wanted to make sure you were alright."OOC: That Guy, I don't know if you're actually going to write anything more with Hertz, but I can't keep writing Shaw's one-sided conversations forever.

OOC:I noticed. :closedeyes: How did you find it?How in the world does everybody find me!? :glare:

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:

As he walked away, Rockford relaxed notably. "He's nice under the right circumstances," he muttered to Bluetooth and Holly, "but bust my bricks if I don't like his attitude on justice. It's like some bad comic book's tackle of the subject. And geezeus, where the heck does he work out to get that large?"
Your not by chance referring to the British comic book Judge Dredd are you? If that's the case, kudos to you! Judge Dredd helped inspire the character and you nailed the reference.
OOC: That Guy, I don't know if you're actually going to write anything more with Hertz, but I can't keep writing Shaw's one-sided conversations forever.
There really is no need to wait. I have not yet decided whether I'll reveal the results of his operation in a present tense post or his epilogue. Both have there benefits and I'm working on figuring out what would be better. Regardless it might take awhile so there is no sense in Shaw holding her breath. Even if I did deside to cover that now I would not know what to say to Shaw. You'll all find out what I decide when I get around to actually posting.I'm working on my Pharisee epilogue now. It has potential to be very long and I might need to split into multiple part. Regardless, I'm existed to reveal it in the next few days. I need to sleep on it a bit and be sure it's up to my standards before it gets posted. It should be a very satisfying end and I like what I have so far. It will at least have part of a flashback, a chechov's gun will be used, and we will finally learn how Saran lost his leg!(And Dust will have a cameo)Finally I'll reveal two projects I've been distracted by. The first is my continual effort to cast the dino attack RPG, it's not quite finished and well I'm not happy with some picks I think I nailed some others. After doing a search on the topic I positioned the characters in order of billing.When picking my actors I tried to stay near the age of the character. Some of Atton's picks like James Woods as Trigger and Robert Duvall as Rotor were no longer appropriate considering the actor's age so I attempted to find a younger similar actor. Some of them were really hard to choose so I'd be happy to hear some alternate picks.In the gallery I also posted images of my Iron Hammer moc. I did not consult with Takanuva at all when building it so I used only my imagination to create the airship. I'm really proud of it and I think your be impressed, hopefully Takanuva will approve and it can be canonized.On the topic of staying in contact, the easiest way would be to create a closed Dino attack group on facebook. Of course we will all need to know each others names but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make to keep in touch with you guys. You've all been great friends and I would hate to loose you. Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC:Great! If we all had Facebook, that is. Oh, the link to that page for the picks doesn't work right. It says the page doesn't exist.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Kudos, that guy. That is a good job for the picks. I have to say, your pick for Dr. Cyborg works well. Congratulations.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC:
As he walked away, Rockford relaxed notably. "He's nice under the right circumstances," he muttered to Bluetooth and Holly, "but bust my bricks if I don't like his attitude on justice. It's like some bad comic book's tackle of the subject. And geezeus, where the heck does he work out to get that large?"
Your not by chance referring to the British comic book Judge Dredd are you? If that's the case, kudos to you! Judge Dredd helped inspire the character and you nailed the reference.
OOC: Actually, I was referencing a DC story called Cry For Justice that I've heard Linkara give a good ranting on, but I suppose that line could work for Dredd too.Also, your casting choices were interesting. I burst out laughing when I saw you cast Shia LaBeouf as Andrew. Out of surprise, though, as he possibly wouldn't be too bad in the role (and I do feel that I should respect the guy more). And Jude Law as Semick sounds neat, as I like the guy, though I have a hard time imagining him with facial hair like Semick's.

The first is my continual effort to cast the dino attack RPG, it's not quite finished and well I'm not happy with some picks I think I nailed some others. After doing a search on the topic I positioned the characters in order of billing.When picking my actors I tried to stay near the age of the character. Some of Atton's picks like James Woods as Trigger and Robert Duvall as Rotor were no longer appropriate considering the actor's age so I attempted to find a younger similar actor. Some of them were really hard to choose so I'd be happy to hear some alternate picks.
OOC: That's rather interesting.Stephen Lang is an interesting choice, but I guess Robert Duvall doesn't really look the part anymore. After all I'd imagined young Apocalypse Now-era Duvall, as opposed to modern day The Road-era Duvall. I do still wonder about James Woods though. They might have to die his hair but I still think he could pull it off. Pharisee was also an interesting choice, mainly just because I could never help imagining him looking something like Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury minus the eyepatch.The one that really surprised me was your casting of French Fries. Gary Oldman? Really? Blimey, that guy's a qualified Shakespearean actor who's played far too many obvious and over-the-top bad guys. Personally, the guy I'd imagine being far more appropriate would be Stephen Fry, whose performance(s) in Blackadder was a major inspiration behind French Fries' character. Personally, I think he'd be far more qualified to play such an over-the-top character. Now I know what you're thinking: "He was in V for Vendetta- he wasn't very over the top in that. Or Alice in Wonderland, or in Sherlock Holmes". Well, go onto that video website we're not allowed to link to and look up his comedy work with Hugh Laurie (yes, that Hugh Laurie, also known as Dr. House), specifically try and find something along the lines of "Blackadder Court Martial" and you'll quickly see what I mean. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: It's rather late where I live, so I was almost not going to post tonight... but then I get a NEWSFLASH FROM JAMESSTER! Today happens to be the 15th anniversary of LEGO Island! How could I not celebrate by posting?Quite an interesting cast, that guy. Some of them, such as Faran Tahir as Dust and Michelle Rodriguez as Cabin, were pretty obvious choices. However, I did have a laugh at seeing names like Shia LaBeouf and Robert Pattison on the list. As for the two of my characters on the list... well, the only time I've ever seen Ben Affleck was in Good Will Hunting, and I admittedly have never seen anything with Max von Sydow in it before, so unfortunately I'm not really in much of a position to say whether or not I think they would be fitting. Part of the problem is that, if a character of mine is completely original (and I actually mean "completely original", not "ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER (DO NOT STEAL)!") I don't really think about actors or actresses who would fit into the role.Anyways, let's celebrate with some good ol' LEGO Island...ness... and stuff... yeah.I also happen to have no idea when this takes place in relation to any of my other posts. Yay for anachronic order!IC: "Ladies and gentlemen, it is I! The lord of the bricks! The king of the bricks! The this of that! The brick of brack!"Frozeen glanced upward at the sound of a familiar nasally laugh. Descending upon the torn-up road was a famous criminal who was being carried by a pair of his robotic henchmen, flying around on their jetpacks. "Long live the Brickster!" he declared triumphantly."Hello, again," Frozeen rolled his eyes, then tried his best to look away."Hey, what's the matter?" the Brickster raised an eyebrow. "Embarrassed to be around your infamous big brother? I'd think that after what happened last night, you'd be proud to call me 'brother'!"Frozeen sighed. "Yeah, actually. What you did out there... flying that T-1 Typhoon into battle and blasting that music... taking on Dr. Rex himself... I've got to admit it, you did good out there. Real good. And not to mention what I heard about your exploits at Dinosaur Island." He looked the Brickster in the eyes and smiled, patting him on the back. "You made me proud, for once.""Yeah, yeah, yeah," shrugged the Brickster. "Let's cut the Znap. Now, a little less of the mushy stuff, and on to the glory! You know, before this whole apocalypse stuff happened, if I so much as stepped out of line, they were going to hang me and my laundry out to dry. Now, I'm thinking they'll probably grant me a full pardon!""Keep dreaming," smirked Frozeen. "You and I both know you're not going straight.""We'll see about that," sneered the Brickster. "I heard some of them talking about this guy they hired and they were going to pardon him if they fought for us. Well, turns out he was an idiotic coward and ditched us on the battlefield, and it sounds like they're revoking the pardon and locking him back up. Meanwhile, I single-handedly destroyed that laboratory and wreaked more havoc and destruction upon the Mutant Dinos before taking on Dr. Rex himself! They'd be ungrateful not to give me some reward! I mean, if all they're going to do is give me the chair after this, they might as well throw in a lovely matching table for good behavior!""You know, you're quite lucky," murmured Frozeen. "You met Dr. Rex face-to-face and lived to tell the tale, and then you fought against him and you're still standing here today. So many others... didn't make it.""Ah, yes," frowned the Brickster. "I heard about the grasshopper guy... eh, what was his name? General Hopper? Meh, I wasn't too fond of the guy, myself. He was an obstruction to me proving my worth to Evil Ogel. Maybe now that General Hopper's gone, Ogel will need a new general following him around. I'm no grasshopper, but hey, he can call me 'Thumper' and we'll call it a day."Just then, a Fire Hammer passed them, blasting a loud, triumphant victory march. The two Brickster-Bots standing on either side of the Brickster started dancing.The Brickster scowled. "Stop that dancing!" he ordered them. "Don't you know what happens when you don't stop dancing? One of these days, you're going to die dancing!"As soon as the Fire Hammer was out of earshot and the Brickster-Bots stopped dancing, the Brickster turned to Frozeen. "Well, Brickthief, it's been nice knowin' ya," he shrugged. "I don't think things are ever going to be the same now that we've spent some quality time together, working for the same side for once. Maybe in some alternate 'what-if?' universe, we could have been great partners in crime.""Perhaps," nodded Frozeen, "but in this timeline, circumstances and fate allowed it be so that a law-enforcer and a deranged criminal could work together for the greater good. It's been good working with you, Brickster."Frozeen extended a hand, and the Brickster was honestly too stunned to do anything for a moment. Then, with some hesitation, the Brickster shook Frozeen's hand, both of them feeling as though this would be the last time they would ever do so.OOC: So, that's my LEGO Island 15th anniversary tribute for tonight. If I had known a little earlier today, I would have probably done something more, but hey, I'll make do with this.<His name is David L. Lander. Remember that.>Also, isn't it just funny when you realize that there are familiar voices in other movies?

OOC: I was going to edit this into my last post, but PeabodySam suddenly came by and posted so I can put this separately.IC: "Dr. Shaw," a voice said from behind. Shaw turned in surprise as Pierce approached her. "I... um... have a job for you. Would you mind if I talk to you in private."Shaw looked at Hertz, who seemed stare at her with a look of "go on." Reluctantly Shaw stood up and walked with Pierce toward an isolated part of the Iron Hammer. There she saw a person she recognized, a middle-aged woman, her teenage daughter lying asleep on the floor.Shaw remembered this woman quickly, from the basement. Pierce had asked her to marry him."Listen, Shaw," Pierce said. "We've got most of the wounded under control, and the others insisted I take a break. To be honest, they're probably right. Since you didn't seem too busy I was wondering if you could do something for me.""What?""You believe in faith, don't you?" Pierce asked. Shaw nodded."You're the closest person we have then," Pierce said. "Shaw... this is going to sound crazy, but i'd like you to marry us."Shaw looked at him in surprise. "Me?" She asked. Pierce nodded. "I don't know what to say!""Don't worry," replied Pierce. "Just give us a few minutes to get ready.""Okay," Replied Shaw nervously, with a hint of excitement. "I've never done this before."

OOC: Oh znap no, Robert Pattinson is not playing Hotwire. And I'm not just saying that because of any negative opinions towards Mr. Pattinson. And I'm also vetoing Scarlet Johansson as Kat.See, when I picture my characters -- particularly Hotwire and Kat -- as human, I see them as being fairly plain-looking. Not unattractive, just...ordinary. Like if you saw them on the street you'd hardly notice. This is why I can't choose mainstream actors to hypothetically portray any of them.So, if you still want to know who I'd pick, here are some people who are not mainstream actors.- Troy Wagner -- Jay from "Marble Hornets" -- as Tracer- Laina Walker -- the lady behind the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme -- as Kat. This would be a case of Reverse Dawson Casting unless we wait 5-7 years, however.- Logan Kroeber (the one in plaid) -- percussionist for The Dodos -- as Hotwire...That's actually all I could come up with for now, but if someone more suitably bearded is found for Semick, I suppose Jude Law could play Osprey in a pinch.IC: The streets were almost pitch-black without streetlights, so Helm and Giles jumped in surprise when a massive figure loomed suddenly in the glow of their Fire Hammer's headlights. Helm stomped on the brakes and reached for the communicator as Giles jumped down from the cab."Good lord, Winston, what happened to you?" he asked. The huge Agent was stumbling, blood soaking his uniform's right shoulder and left side. The body of his brother was slung over his uninjured shoulder.Epic Winston grunted. "Caught...in the crossfire between Darkling...and Virchaus and his friends. When I awoke they had all vanished, so I found Matthias. I'd meant to give him the rites of our ancestors...but now...someone else may soon need to perform them for me as well.""Nonsense," said Giles, leading him back towards the Fire Hammer. "You're gonna make it. You'll be fine."The giant's only response was something between a smile and a grimace.------------------------"Hey guys, HQ mess hall or Iron Hammer mess hall?"Osprey? This is Helm. We found him.""Seriously? There's no way I'm eating Alpha Team rations again. Not even for old time's sake.""Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me whether or not Hotwire and Kat are an item?""Affirmative, Helm. Thanks. We've recovered his sword. I imagine he'll be wanting that.""That's a false dichotomy. Also, define 'item.' ""I'm actually heading out for LEGO Island right now, if anyone wants to join me."

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Okay. Three things, then bed.1. Does anybody have an idea of where to upload Cyrista's Bane's theme?2. Nobody has said anything, so I would like to know. Anybody object to me being the final poster here?3. A show of virtual hands as to who instantly noticed my name in the pictures. Also, is there anyone who does not know my name?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: 1. You could always just put it on That Video Site -- either under your current account or a new one -- and then put the link to it on the wiki.2. I always figured the final poster would be a moderator closing the thread :PIn all seriousness, though, I think perhaps PeaSam should be the one to decide who posts last, if he does not claim it for himself, which he certainly has every right to do. As for myself, I suppose it doesn't really matter to me.3. *Raises virtual hand*Hmm...if that guy's IMDB account is his real name, then PeaSam, crazy, and TC01 are the only ones left whose names are a total mystery.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Oh znap no, Robert Pattinson is not playing Hotwire. And I'm not just saying that because of any negative opinions towards Mr. Pattinson. And I'm also vetoing Scarlet Johansson as Kat.See, when I picture my characters -- particularly Hotwire and Kat -- as human, I see them as being fairly plain-looking. Not unattractive, just...ordinary. Like if you saw them on the street you'd hardly notice. This is why I can't choose mainstream actors to hypothetically portray any of them.So, if you still want to know who I'd pick, here are some people who are not mainstream actors.- Troy Wagner -- Jay from "Marble Hornets" -- as Tracer- Laina Walker -- the lady behind the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme -- as Kat. This would be a case of Reverse Dawson Casting unless we wait 5-7 years, however.- Logan Kroeber (the one in plaid) -- percussionist for The Dodos -- as Hotwire...That's actually all I could come up with for now, but if someone more suitably bearded is found for Semick, I suppose Jude Law could play Osprey in a pinch.
Oh Yes, I totally hear you! Finding an actor to play Hotwire was near impossible. I needed someone who could be funny, someone who was believable as leader, and someone who you could take seriously with a missing leg. I spent two hours today combing the deepest depths of imdb and I found no one who fit the match. Finally, after a few days and sleepless nights I unenthusiastically settled Pattinson. He felt so weird in the role and is was certainly my least favorite pick on the cast. He has more skill then people give him credit for, he just feels so...wrong.I actually liked Scarlet as Kat, it's who I've been picturing the entire RPG. You have the final say of course so I'll just have to try and find Laina Walker on imdb...I did find some photos of Jude Law with a beard. It works.
Quite an interesting cast, that guy. Some of them, such as Faran Tahir as Dust and Michelle Rodriguez as Cabin, were pretty obvious choices. However, I did have a laugh at seeing names like Shia LaBeouf and Robert Pattison on the list. As for the two of my characters on the list... well, the only time I've ever seen Ben Affleck was in Good Will Hunting, and I admittedly have never seen anything with Max von Sydow in it before, so unfortunately I'm not really in much of a position to say whether or not I think they would be fitting. Part of the problem is that, if a character of mine is completely original (and I actually mean "completely original", not "ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER (DO NOT STEAL)!") I don't really think about actors or actresses who would fit into the role.
I really don't like Shia and Robert on the cast. I think LaBeouf is a little to old for Andrew and he is being reather strange lattly. His presence alone makes my mind go places I would reather not wonder. Like I mentioned with Jackson, Robert Pattison was a last despirate call and uthough he actually has talint he just is really, really, really not right.This is all for the fantisy world I live it where some guy reads Dino attack RPG and asks us for the rights to a graphic noval. After it makes it big an all star blockbuster gets in the works and it's sucsess makes us rich and famous.
OOC: That's rather interesting.Stephen Lang is an interesting choice, but I guess Robert Duvall doesn't really look the part anymore. After all I'd imagined young Apocalypse Now-era Duvall, as opposed to modern day The Road-era Duvall. I do still wonder about James Woods though. They might have to die his hair but I still think he could pull it off. Pharisee was also an interesting choice, mainly just because I could never help imagining him looking something like Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury minus the eyepatch.The one that really surprised me was your casting of French Fries. Gary Oldman? Really? Blimey, that guy's a qualified Shakespearean actor who's played far too many obvious and over-the-top bad guys. Personally, the guy I'd imagine being far more appropriate would be Stephen Fry, whose performance(s) in Blackadder was a major inspiration behind French Fries' character. Personally, I think he'd be far more qualified to play such an over-the-top character. Now I know what you're thinking: "He was in V for Vendetta- he wasn't very over the top in that. Or Alice in Wonderland, or in Sherlock Holmes". Well, go onto that video website we're not allowed to link to and look up his comedy work with Hugh Laurie (yes, that Hugh Laurie, also known as Dr. House), specifically try and find something along the lines of "Blackadder Court Martial" and you'll quickly see what I mean.
I actually liked Gary Oldman in the role. I imagine French Fries as someone wholooks relatively normal until you get to know him. He's not dance up and down cooko crazy but says stupid and strange things crazy. I've seen a few thing with Steven Frie and well I admit he's funny I have a heard time seeing him in a position of leadership.Clearly French Fries should not be in a position of leadership ether but I always thought he looked the part. For some reason I saw him as more thin and with a mustache and glasses. (A punchable face if you will) He looked like he belonged in an elite agent conference and he had friends in high places, someone had just made an incredible oversight. Well Stephen Fry can be a more harmless crazy I have no difficulty imagining Gary Oldmen as a very dangerous crazy.I also considered Jere Burns from Burn notice as French Fries.As for James Woods, I agree that he might be able to pull it off but I think he's over 30 years to old now. If you insist, I'll put him in the list.Thanks for the insight guys. I'll edit the cast accordingly and I'll look foreword to more recommendations if you have any.Don't forget to look at my Iron Hammer moc.

That is all

OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. The Iron Hammer looked pretty fantastic, though I have to admit that I always kinda imagined the airships as looking more like the airships from Legend of Metru-Nui.

I needed someone who could be funny, someone who was believable as leader, and someone who you could take seriously with a missing leg. I spent two hours today combing the deepest depths of imdb and I found no one who fit the match.
See, since none of the people I picked are actors (Wagner is a film student, though that's not quite the same), I focused solely on voice and appearance. I didn't really bother taking acting ability into account, especially since this is all hypothetical anyway :PBasically, what I'm saying is, you're not gonna find Laina Walker on IMDB. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:If only, that guy, if only. Although, I have been thinking lately that the final battle would make a good movie.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Well, I had some big long analysis of the actor list and other stuff OOC related, but seeing as a wrong click just destroyed my entire post, I'm just going to silently fume as I rewrite this post again...........IC:Sunset, December 23, 2010"WHEEEEEEEEEEEL OF TIIIIIIMME!!" Zach sang triumphantly to the song playing on the radio of the Dino 4WD Trapper. "SAVE MY SOUL, FIND A WAY!! AND IF I FAIL, WILL IT ALL BE OVER?!!?""Would you please-?!" Vinyaya snapped over the loud music."THE WHEEEEEEEL OF TIME!" Zach interrupted as the vehicle barreled down the gravel roads of the outskirts of LEGO City. Vinyaya rolled her eye, a half-amused smile on her face as she leaned against the cooler in the middle of the backseat. Zelda's eyes were closed as she sat back, an amused smile. Minerva bobbed her head to the music, snicker all the while. "THE VISIONS SO FLEETING AND VAGUE! ONCE AGAIN I WILL BRING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN! ONE LAST GLIMPSE IT IS CONSTANTLY SLIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!"The guitars, bass, and drums of the music played a bit before fading into an entirely orchestral interlude that sounded vaguely like a piece from a soundtrack from a movie with an Arabic setting. Minerva turned down the volume. "I think that's good, Zach.""Thank Builder," Vinyaya muttered."Hey, what's your issue with Block Guardian?" Zach asked, smirking."Not my cup of tea. You practically screaming the lyrics doesn't help.""This songs are written in caps lock, Vinyaya. It's not the same if you don't belt out every word in the most dramatic way possibly.""Do we have to listen to it, though? Not entirely symbolic to the war. Not really a victory song.""No, but I've been waiting for this album, got distracted with the Agents, and I've taken a liking to this song particularly. It's tempting me to read the books the song was inspired by."Vinyaya merely shook her head. “You do know where we are going, don’t you, Minerva?”Minerva nodded as she turned another corner. “Yeah. It’s an old house I used to visit with friends as a when I was a bit younger to...” Minerva suddenly drifted off, her face turning red. Zach quickly put together that where they were going was a home Minerva had robbed at one point or another. “Anyway, the couple doesn’t live there anymore. The wife died and the men was taken to home. It’s old, worn down, and nobody has gone there for years. If the fire were to get out of control, nothing of value would be lost.”This place they were heading would be Kareem Nazareno’s final resting place. During the night after the final battle, Vinyaya contacted Space Police central, who were able to give her a line to the (or a, Zach wasn’t really sure) space ninja temple and shared the news of Nazareno’s pacing. The elder that had responded expressed sadness at his passing and ultimately gave permission for them to send Nazareno off. He had even been kind enough to list some traditions the space ninja followed during funerals.“Ah, there it is,” Minerva said. The Dino 4WD Tracker rolled into the driveway of an isolated acreage surrounded by miles of empty fields that were used for farming. The old, pale yellow house looked on the verge of collapse. Paint was peeling and bricks were coming loose and missing from the building. The Dino 4WD Tracker parked in a grassy field near the house. The group shuffled out of the Fire Hammer and went to work. Zelda and Vinyaya climbed into the back of the vehicle and handed down a wooden table to Zach and Minerva. Setting it up, Minerva gestured to a pile of firewood stacked against a shed that looked like it had been ruined by a passing Mutant Raptor. As they went to work building the pyre, Zach spoke to Minerva.“Why did you remember this place?” he asked. “Does it-?”“Not really,” Minerva said, shooting a glance to the house. “The couple didn’t hate me. My friends and I use to come out in and cause trouble. Steal things, vandalize property, and so on because we were stupid teenagers who thought they couldn’t do anything to stop us. Then around the fifth time we went here, as we were leaving, the man who lived here was waiting for us on the edge of his property. Everyone ran away except for me. Mostly because I was afraid what would happen since this old guy had the nerve to wait for us. He coaxed me into his house and had me explain what we were doing at his house. I sheepishly returned some of the food I stole from them and explained why.”“So what did they do?”“They told me how they used to take in a lot of kids like me when they were ‘not as old as they were now’. They molded them them into successful and happy adults and taught them all sort of useful skills, apparently. One of their ‘kids’ apparently became famous across the universe, but wouldn’t tell me who he was, though they were kind of sad about it. They said if they could’ve, they would’ve offered to take me in. But they were too old and in poor health. They just gave me the food I was trying to take and sent me away, no charges filed.”“Did you ever go back,” Zach asked as they placed a bunch of chunks of wood under the table.“Yeah. Like I said, me and my friends were a bunch of stupid teenagers. They didn’t like how the man had outsmarted him, so they’d visit his house and break windows and paint windows. I was always sent inside to steal some stupid thing or money. I think they knew that, but didn’t care. There was always what looked like a grocery bag sitting on the counter with tons of food. I took it once instinctively and later found money hidden inside boxes. They were trying to help me, I suppose. They knew I was the only one that cared about getting food in my group. Once I figured out what they were doing, I never missed an opportunity to go their house. We could last a month on the food they left for us and the money helped pay for basic necessities.”Zach blinked. “Huh.” They worked in silence for a few minutes before Zach asked. “How did your...ah, meeting with Saran go?”Minerva shrugged faintly. “It went about as well as you think something of that subject matter would. But it’s for the best, right? I really appreciate having talked to you about what happened the past two days, but talking to a professional should be beneficial.”Zach nodded. The day after the final battle, with a mixture of celebrating with friends, they had finally discussed what had went down with her and Oswald during the battle. Minerva held up rather well as she described it with vivid detail. She had choked up multiple times, but seemed relieved in telling someone the whole story. After revealing her brief conversation with Baron Typhonus and Dr. Rex, Minerva’s story ended with her simply weeping. Zach didn’t say anything or judge, he just made sure that she knew she was there. The next day, she announced her intentions to see Dr. Nicholas Saran about it.“He thinks I could be a lot worse off, but we’re going to have a session once a week for the next couple of weeks. Then he’ll evaluate my progress and decide if we should continue,” Minerva concluded softly, squeezing Zach’s hand. He didn’t say anything. He only wondered if he would end up suffering some kind of PTSD. At very least, he anticipated Maelstrom-related nightmares once his sleep schedule returned completely to normal. “I think that’s good for now,” Minerva said as she set down the last stack of logs in her hands.Vinyaya and Zelda carried a wooden casket to the table and set it down gently. They removed the lid and set it on the ground silently. The four gathered around the casket quietly and looked upon the peaceful body of Kareem Nazareno. Zach never really imagined what Nazareno had looked like underneath his cowl and had almost preferred if that had stayed a mystery.“So,” Vinyaya said finally. They turned their eyes from Nazareno to Vinyaya. She had left behind her Space Police armor and was in her zero suit. “Anyone want to say anything before we do this?” They waited in silence for several minutes before Minerva stepped forward.“Thanks for being there, Nazareno,” she said, her voice cracking slightly. “When Zach was corrupted and when J.D. died. Thanks for being one of the first friends I made in the team. Thanks for your advice. You were one of the most mild mannered people I knew. Except for Rotor’s kangaroo court.” The group chuckled faintly.“Thanks for the hand,” Zach said, lifting his polished gold hand into view. “Both of them. I’ll make sure not bust up this one. Sorry for trying to kill you twice. You were about the coolest person I had ever seen when we met back in the rear guard camp. You were smart and had a dry sense of humor I could appreciate.”“You are among the greatest men I’ve ever known,” Holly said calmly. “You were strong, powerful, and brave. Thinking about it now, you were a bit of a legend in the Space Police. The guy who could take on Matthew Vherestorm. I know many people who will never meet you see you as an inspiration. And beneath your somewhat cold demeanor, I saw as you fought against Vherestorm in HQ that you cared for all of us.”“I...” Zelda said, pausing to regain her composure. “I’m glad to have known you, Kareem. You helped me integrate back into the team after I became a Minifig again. You taught me so much. If if you were a bit icy, you were kind, wise, and powerful. Even if you were insecure romantically, I hope you knew how much everyone loved you. I’m honored that I got to fought alongside you two days ago. Even though we’ll never be able to explore a deeper relationship, I’ll never forget you. I...love you, Kareem.”Zelda swallowed painfully before leaning forward and kissing Nazareno’s cold forehead. She then reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out Nazareno’s white cowl. She carefully lifted his head and masked his face away for the last time. Holly looked around at the assembled group, then closed her eye. Simultaneously, Zelda, Zach, and Minerva closed their eyes. They might have been praying. They might have been simply paying their last respects to Nazareno. They opened their eyes after a minute of silence.“I think we’re ready,” Holly said finally. Minerva nodded and walked briskly over to the Dino 4WD Tracker and pulled out a can of gasoline from the back. She splashed it on the pyre below the table and set the can to the side. Vinyaya pulled a box of matches from her belt, lit a match, and tossed into the pile of wood. The wood burst into flames immediately. In a few minutes, the wooden table started to burn as well.Zach looked up to the sky. The sun was almost completely below the horizon. “Well, the elder ninja’s message said this ritual often included celebrating the life of the fallen. Instead of making this a bitter occasion, it should be a little more bittersweet. We just won a war. This is the best and probably the only time for our Band of Brothers to all be together at the same time.”“He’s right,” Zelda said finally. “We’re going to be celebrating for the next week. One more celebration won’t hurt. Go get the cooler out, Zach.” He nodded to her and jogged to the jeep. He pulled out the heavy container and carried it over to the fire. Already, Minerva, Zelda, and Vinyaya were sitting in the grass. the latter two whispering into the former’s ear. Minerva’s mouth curled into an amused grin. Zach set the cooler down next to them, he turned and saw the three women grinning at him, causing his face to turn red.“I...what were you talking about?” Zach asked. They didn’t say anything, but their grins didn’t fade. Zach’s embarrassment faded into minor annoyance. “You’re not going to tell me, are you?”“Catch on pretty quick, don’t you?” Zelda said as she pulled out a bottle of cola.“And so now that this little group has the inverse of the Smurfette Principle, I get to be the chew toy, right?”Vinyaya chuckled as she opened a bottle of root beer. “At least you picked a smart one, Minerva. Right on the mark, Zach.”“Fine then, Holly,” Zach snapped jokingly. To his surprise, Vinyaya only scoffed at him and didn’t correct him. A wide grin quickly formed on his face. “Ah ha! I’ve earned the glorious honor of calling her by her first name! Holly Holly Holly Holly Holly Holly Hoooooooooooooollyyyyyyy!”“You can stop embarrassing yourself in front of all your women friends, Zach,” Vinyaya retaliated. Zelda and Minerva laughed playful.“Ouch,” Zach said, clutching his chest in mock pain. “That stung.” Zach then moved and took a seat beside Minerva and pulled out a bottle of orange soda. They spent the next several hours sitting around the fire and sharing war stories. Zach described his more harrowing adventurers as an Agent while Vinyaya described exciting missions she took part in as a Space Police officer. Being in the team longer than the rest of them, Zelda described her experiences in the Goo Caverns, on LEGO Island, and in the Torn World. As she spoke, she mentioned meeting an agent Verrat.“Verrat?” Minerva repeated, shocked. Zelda nodded, a confused glint in her eye. Minerva sighed weakly. “He is...was my brother.”“He was?” Zelda asked, surprised. “I saw him during the final battle. He was trying to the get the headquarters-”“So he could capture me, Minerva, and their mother,” Zach interrupted bluntly. “He was working with XERRD. He was taken from LEGO Island and converted into believing the Darkitect’s plans.” Zelda stared at Minerva in shock. Vinyaya cleared her throat uncomfortably and addressed Minerva.“Do you mind me asking why your mother was brought into the battlefield?” Vinyaya asked gently. “You don’t have to if you-”“I trust you guys,” Minerva interrupted, sighing. “There’s a story to it. It might be a while, but seeing as we’re not going anywhere...” Minerva went into an abridged version of past, Zelda and Vinyaya listened intently. As she finished her story, the two sat there in stunned silence.“I’m-” Zelda began.“Don’t,” Minerva said calmly. “I really just...don’t.”“Well then,” Vinyaya said. “I suppose I’ll share some of my past as well...” And there stories drifted into their childhoods. Zach described the Brickster’s antics on LEGO Island and going to and from the United States to see his parents while Zelda told of traveling the high seas as a young girl with her pirate parents and eventually being adopted by a family in World City after the Skeleton Pirate War escalated to the point where her mother was killed. Vinyaya told of suddenly living out with the Futuron and experiences culture shock as she saw a variety of species, technology, and worlds.At around eleven thirty, they began to sing carols welcoming in the holiday season many thought they wouldn’t have. Zach was even able to finish listening to “Wheel of Time” by Block Guardian. Their conversations drifted into jokes and random stories, both funny and not. By one AM, the group was most quiet as they stared at the fire. The temperature had dropped and they were all wrapped in blankets.“So Holly,” Zach suddenly began after finishing a chug of orange soda. Minerva was sitting beside him, her head resting on his shoulder as she tried to stop herself from fall asleep. Vinyaya and Zelda were sitting together with two sticks, discuss methods of roast marshmallows. As Vinyaya made a s’more from her marshmallow and began to eat, she looked at Zach with half-closed eyes. “What’s with you and Bluetooth?”Vinyaya rolled her eye and swallowed. “Figured you’d bring it up again.”“It’s been two days since I inquired anything about it,” Zach shot back. “I’m never going to drop it until I get a straight answer. Something you never seem to give.”“Fine. I spoke to him after we Darkling and Martinet cleaned up my wounds. We sat around near the celebrations and just sort of...talked.”“Talked,” Zelda repeated as she chewed on her s’more, a smug grin on her face.“So are the shippers going to rejoice?” Zach continued impatiently, yawning. “You keep beating around the bush. It’s like a writer trying to milk the shippers for all their worth.”Vinyaya’s eye narrowed. “I think we’re going to start...something.”“I can’t really tell if you and Bluetooth are more romantically awkward then all of us,” Minerva mumbled, her eyes still closed. “Or you're just embarrassed about us talking about your love life.” Vinyaya silently fumed at this, her face turning bright red. “I think ‘something’ means they’re dating now.”Zach clapped his hands. “You pulled through, Holly. You pulled through. Bluetooth a good guy. I’m happy for you. You two better being going to LEGO Island for that party. You too, Zelda.”“I think that was the plan,” Vinyaya said. Zelda merely nodded before laying back and curling up in her blanket. The fire had lost much of its luster.. Vinyaya yawned. “I think sleep sounds nice.”Minerva was breathing softly on his shoulder. “I think so, too,” Zach said as he watched Vinyaya lay back on the ground. “G’night Holly. Zelda.” They both grumbled something incomprehensible. Zach laid back and carefully laid Minerva on the ground beside him. She stirred.“What’s going on...?” Minerva muttered faintly.“Going to sleep,” Zach said.“Hmm...okay,” Minerva turned her head toward Zach and kissed his cheek. “One more burial tomorrow.”“Then its party time. Again.” Minerva chuckled quietly before rolling away from him and falling asleep. Zach closed his eyes, letting the blissful feeling he had felt the last few hours drown him in sleep.

OOC:If it is now the 24th, at least some of the characters need to wish Dr. Cyborg a happy birthday!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Well, Brickman here has just gone and written a fairly somber funeral scene. Naturally, I figure it only fitting to complement it by writing a wedding.And now for the bonus round of "How Many Movie Quotes Can I Fit Into One Post". There's a very cleverly hidden movie quote in here, and whoever spots it will... um... er... not get pummelled by Sarah Bishop.IC: Shaw sat nervously in the corner with a notebook containing a short passage she'd quickly written as Pierce emerged, dressed up as much as he could with what was available. He'd cleaned himself up somewhat and took off the labcoat, but as cool as they are he couldn't exactly get a bowtie. Kate was nearby, waiting for this with a mix of excitement and uncertainty. One some level she felt happy for her parents, but she knew it would be different, now having a real father.Sarah emerged soon after, cleaned up as much as she could. Shaw stood up shyly and approached them. "Should we begin?" She asked.Pierce nodded, putting his arm around Sarah's shoulder.Shaw took a deep breath and began. "Dearly Beloved," she said. "We are gathered here to-""A-what do you think you're doing?" Asked a voice from behind, Pierce turned to see the familiar mustached face of Martinet."I'm on my break," Pierce said. "Shouldn't you be?""I'm-a-not-a resting until all-a-the patients are recovered.""Well, the others were pretty insistent that I take a break. I'll be back in a few minutes."Martinet turned back to the infirmary as Shaw continued, holding the small notebook and nervously flipping the pages. "Uh... we are gathered here to celebrate the marriage of Dr. Alan Pierce, and...""Sarah Bishop.""Sarah Bishop," replied Shaw, clearly nervous. "Do you, Alan Pierce, take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife.""I do.""And you, Sarah Bishop?""I do.""Than by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you man and wife... proceed with the execution... HEY WHO WROTE THAT?"Kate smiled slightly. Shaw took a moment to regain her composure. "Okay, you may kiss the bride."Pierce smiled and wrapped his arms around Sarah, they soon squeezed their lips together tightly. Shaw watched with a look of relief.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: December 31, 2010LEGO Island had many things to celebrate this last night of the year.First was Christmas. With so many events to celebrate in such a short time-span, it had been decided to combine all the island's big events into one night, celebrated at the end of the month. Some people had already celebrated Christmas and other seasonal holidays on their own, but now the entire island would join in together for a party like no other.Second was New Years’s Eve. A new year was always an exciting prospect, a chance to wrap up the old one and prepare for the new. And after everything that had happened this year, everyone on the island, and the LEGO Planet in general, was ready for 2011.Third was the return of LEGO Island’s populace to their homeland. With the victory for the island Dino Attack had won, relocation had swiftly begun the moment the Infomaniac was given back the Constructopedia. In no time, the place had returned to exactly how it had been the in the days before the attack, and the populance was eager to celebrate their return to (relative) normalcy.And along those lines, the final, and perhaps biggest occasion being celebrated that night, was the obvious one: the end of the Dino Attack itself. The island was so overjoyed by this news that, through Pepper and the Infomaniac's connections, they had manage to invite all Dino Attack members to come join in the festivities. And quite a few of them had, including several who had grown up and/or lived on LEGO island.Both agents and citizens were gathered together now in the lot around the Information Center, atop the large eastern hill that was second only to Space Mountain. Night had fallen, and the street lamps cast a lovely glow around the building. In front of it, a small stage had been built, upon which a podium with a microphone and several chairs were placed. In those chairs sat several Minifigs, all of them having come from the island, and all having fought in the Dino Attack as agents or allies. This opening ceremony was to be their honoring moment.After a few minutes of the crowd gathering and muttering to themselves, two Minifigs exited the Information Center, hopped onto the stage, and took the podium. One was an old man in a bright red cap and red-black coat with “I” logos on them, white pants, perfectly round glasses and a bushy white moustache. The other was a young man with blue pants, a red-blue shirt with stripes and a pizza on it, a baseball hat with a "P" logo and a radio headset, and a green backpack with another pizza picture. They took the podium and, after making sure the mic was working with a few loud taps, began to speak.“To all citizens of LEGO Island, welcome home!” The Infomaniac began. “To our visitors, hello! Hola! Welcokin! Genkenu! Konechiwa! Aloha! How ya doin’! Yo! And in any language, welcome, Dino Attack Team, to LEGO Island! Though I'm sure for many of you, this isn't the first time. I do believe many of you were part of the task force assigned to liberate it from those horrible Mutant Dinos. Ooooh! Just thinking about it gives me the willies. I'm more than greatful for what you’ve done.”“And so am I!” said Pepper. “You guys have been incredibly awesome! I can remember when, in all the chaos of evacuation, I got left behind when the island was overrun. Luckily, this amazing dude Voltage was here on a Dino Attack mission and was able to get me to safety! It just comes to show you what cool heroes this radical team has been for us! Perhaps even bigger ones than I am!”“Indeed they are, Pepper. And of course, we are honored to know that some of our own people were among the brave, fearless, determined, incredible, jaw-dropping, head-blowing, green-red brick clicking, totally amazing Minifigs who’ve risked their lives multiple times to bring peace to our island, and our world! I know many of us have been wanting to return the favor.”“Totally. I know Dr. Clickitt and Enter & Return proudly dontated their serivces to the team's medical crew, Bill Ding was assisting the mechanical know-hows, and The Brickolins and I were so willing as to set up in the cafeteria and serve our unbeatable pizzas to them and the neighboring populance. Even the Brickster joined their fights and helped kick some major brick out there! Heck, even I decided to risk it and help those dudes in the final showdown at LEGO City! I may’ve not used any guns, but let me tell you, those dinosaurs didn’t stand a chance against super-spicy-tongue-melting-jail-cell-door-opening-hot pizza!”“What can?” The Infomaniac asked with a laugh.“Good question,” replied Pepper. “But enough about me. As much as I am a LEGO Island hero, not unlike my father Bologna Roni and good friend Sky Lane, I have to honestly say, that these cool dudes over here among some of the best heroes this island has ever created! They’re way too cool for words! Guys, come over here and let everyone give you a hand!”As the crowd began applauding (and a few literally threw their hands), the Minifigs in the seats got up and approached the podium as Pepper and the Infomaniac stepped aside.“From the ranks of the Dino Attack team and their allies,” cried the Infomaniac, “we have our own Zachary Virchaus, Peter Abody, Nicolas Saran, Lucy Wright, and Andrew!”Andrew felt more than humble at the attention his hometown was giving him. Being considered as someone perhaps greater than Pepper Roni, by Pepper Roni, was something you rarely saw happen, and was starting to realize just how much had happened to him ever since he had first signed up not too many months ago.Now gathered around the podium and shoeing away a few stray hands, Peter, or Frozeen, as Andrew had grown accustomed to knowing him as, spoke first. “It’s a fantastic pleasure to be here tonight, folks. Especially after such an opening by the two people that have really put this island on the map.”“Even factoring in how long it’s been since some of us have been here,” said Wright. “I do recall me and my family didn’t leave on the best of terms, and I’m amazed and thankful that you’re all willing to accept us back.”“Hey, it’s just the good will of Minifigs, especially LEGO Island ones,” said Zach, putting an arm on Andrew’s shoulder. “I should know after folks like Andrew here saved my bricks after I took a dark, hammy, and very purple turn when I went to Adventurers Island.”“And believe us, people, he was more than hammy,” Andrew added, getting quite a few laughs. “But anyways, I would like to take a moment to give recognition to a few of us that couldn’t be here tonight, either out of inconvience or MIA status. People like Blade, Dr. Samuel “Lay” Go, and even Voltage, who was the very person who left such a good impression on our good friend Pepper. Let’s keep their best interests in mind tonight.”“Indeed,” said Dr. Saran. “If there’s one thing I know this island does best besides keeping me busy, it’s your ever-encouraging upbeat attitude and fond recollections. I am honored to be here with you all tonight.”“As am I,” said Frozeen. “Like with Wright, I haven’t been home in quite some time. Alpha Team duties have keep me very busy. Though I admit, even if I had had time, my… previous condition wouldn’t have made me very recognizable. Luckily, chance (andabrushwithdeath) have allowed me to appear just as I had before my various accidents with the team. Though I note now that I could easily be mistaken for Pepper by my looks.”Pepper snickered. “Only if you started wearing my hat, man.”“Good point. Anyways, Andrew here and I were part of the campaign that took back LEOG Island earlier in the fall season. It was quite an experience, traveling across the island for the Constructopedia, discovering the secret lab in old Captain Click’s cave, and then being drawn into the Torn World, where no one Minifig has, I believe, ever been before.”“I sadly missed that part,” said Andrew. “And I’ll let you know, I was pretty distraught when that happened. Fortunately our allies prevailed and our island was returned and looking even better than before. I’m as proud as you are of their actions.”“I’m almost sad I missed out on that,” Zach said with a smirk. “Though I don’t regret how I did come in, and meet people like Andrew in situations like being stuck in an old net over a cliff. People like Minerva Fabello and Holly Vinyaya, who are out here in the crowd tonight, and deserve as much respect as we do.”The crowd cheered for Zach’s friends, though not knowing where they were. Andrew could see them, looking humbled themselves, standing near the front, alongside Bluetooth, Laxus, and Pterisa."Right you are, Zach,” said Andrew, “I feel the exact same way about the friends I’ve made with the team, like the late Randal “Semick” Tennoly, the intuitive Martian Laxus, and the wondrous Minifig/Mutant Pterosaur Hybrid Pterisa, who, considering their species, I’m sure you've all noticed by now, even if you don’t recognize now. Give them you congrats as well!” There was more clapping as Andrew’s Martian and Hybrid friends got their turn at being humbled.“I suppose then I should give a shout-out to Ben Shiller,” said Wright. “We’ve been through a lot, and I’m sure our antics might get a lot of curious looks, but is as strong as Pepper and Luna Rom over here.” Pepper ended up blushing as the crowd gave another round of applause.“Well, I don’t really know of anyone in particular I feel the need to shout out to,” said Dr. Saran, “especially since I don’t know exactly who has come here from the Dino Attack team. I’ll just pass it on to Peter here.”Frozeen rubbed the back of his head. “Well, I not quite sure of who’s here and who’s not, and I know of quite a few who I definitely know aren’t here, but I at least want to give a few names I’d like to give tribute to. Chompy, my old T-Rex pal, currently serving as alpha back on Adventurers Island. Shannon Grimton, an old school friend who I’ve recently reconnected with. Greybeard, an old swashbuckler who’s currently handling the adoption of a fine young girl. Databoard and Kotua, my old Alpha Team companions who haven’t been seen in quite some time (barring some rumors I’ve been hearing from a certain Sherlock). And… and I’d like to give my respects to Rex and Amanda Remous. Two of the best people I’ve fought alongside with, and one of the best couple’s I’ve ever seen. Wherever they are, I hope they’re having fun in an eternal honeymoon and watching over us as we respect their memory. Give it up for them.”One more round of applause came from the crowd. Andrew couldn’t help but feel moved. He didn’t know Frozeen in any way well enough to consider him a friend, but he could see that he was experienced beyond his years, and was definitely very passionate about the memory of their past colleagues and current friends. He should get to know him better. He seemed just as good a man as Rex.“Well said, Frozeen,” said Andrew. “Assuming no one else has anything to add…” he looked around, and his fellow agents/LEGO Islanders shrugged. “Alright. Pepper, Infomaniac, feel free to take the mic again.”The group backed up to let the legendary LEGO Islanders take focus again. “Now then, I have a few last-“ The Infomaniac paused as he cleared his throat. “On behalf of the entire island, I wish to congratulate “Your Names Here”-Oh! Eh heheh, I’m sorry. Let’s see… Oh, nevermind the speech. What I really want to say to all you Dino Attack fellows is… thanks. Thank you for all you’ve done for us and the world.”“Agreed,” said Pepper. “We can’t thank you guys enough. From now on, all Brickolini’s is on the house. Papa’s allowed it himself.”Andrew was at a loss for words. This was still a lot to take in. From once just being one of many on the close-knit island, to being considered one of its greatest heroes for what he did in the Dino Attack team was a wonder beyond his comprehension. He never thought this could have happened in a zillion years.“Thank you for the kind words,” said the young LEGO Islander, raising his hand for a shake. The Infomaniac returned the favor, then Pepper, and then they did the same for the other LEGO Island Dino Attack agents.“Alright, now let's get this party going,” said Pepper, “LEGO Island style! DJ Jackitt! Hit it, dude!”“You got it, Pepper!” Said the DJ’s voice from one of several speakers that had been attached on the lampposts all around the island. Within seconds, the song “Pizza Pie Man” (wasn’t it called Minty Fresh at one point? Andrew thought randomly) was blairing out across the island.This is the island,the island where I live.Let's walk around nowand see howeveryone fits in…Within moments, fireworks began going off all over various locations over the island, nearly brightening the night into day. The space shuttle took off from the launch pad atop Space Mountain, a banner proclaiming "THANK YOU, DINO ATTACK TEAM!" flapping behind it. From out of nowhere, probably related to the old race track, a giant pizza began rolling across the streets, being "driven" by a skeleton in a Royal Navy helmet not too dissimilar to Captain Click atop it.“LET THE CELEBRATION COMMENCE!” cried the Infomaniac, and the crowd erupted in cheers.OOC: Alright guys, we've been working all day, now it's time to unwind! Anyone can be at the LEGO Island Christmas/New Year/Recovery/End-of-War Celebration Extravaganza, and being LEGO Island, all bets are off! Go crazy and put in any fun idea you can think of! It's party time!I might have a few extra posts in for spur-of-the-moment ideas or reactions to anyone else's posts, but my next big post will show the moment of the New Year's arrival, along with wrapping up everything from my angle of the RPG.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC:I figure I better whip up some kind of epilogue for my characters, since it's pretty much over.IC:January 1st, 2011."Boom. Headshot," he said in as best an Australian accent as he could."Nice kill, Rob. That about wraps it up. Sensors can't pick up any more lizards within five miles.""Let's keep moving," said B. "We want to get this region cleaned up by the end of the month, remember?""Just to clarify something," said Kevin, "Did you, or did you not get ordered to do this?""Let me put it to you this way: if your house burned down, wouldn't you want to go back to it when it's built again, rather than during construction?""That still didn't answer the question.""No, I didn't get ordered to do it. But, it's a job that will need doing sooner or later, and we're doing it for people. Not the team, not the government, people. It's why we signed up, right? Besides, we have a ton of ammo that we won't be doing much with otherwise, and I know I'm not the only one here with an itchy trigger finger."Kevin smiled. "Alright, then. Let's get on with it, then.""Lock and load, and move out, everyone!"With that, the five of them loaded up onto their Fire Hammers, and continued with their crusade as the winter sun rose into the sky.

IC:Around 10:30 AM, December 24, 2010Light gray clouds surrounded LEGO City. Zach shivered slightly and squeezed his jacket closer to his body. The temperature was low and he had heard predictions that it would snow today. As he stood in this graveyard, he didn’t doubt it.Minerva stood by him, one hand tucked into the pocket of her dark red coat and the other munching on a piece of bacon. She was cold as well, but seemed much more adapt to it. She looked at Zach and grinned. “Living on a tropical island isn’t very cold, is it?”“No,” Zach said as he took a sip of hot chocolate from his insulated cup. Minerva gestured to him briefly, so he handed it to her. “I go to the US every winter. Ninety percent of the time, there’s four feet of snow on the ground. Never get use to it.”Minerva finished her sip and handed the cup back to him. “Not exactly ideal, but I suppose it fits the mood. Dreary, bitter, at the dawn of winter...perfect for a funeral, I suppose.”Zach smirked. “It’s better than the cliché “raining at the funeral”, I suppose.” Minerva snickered before shuffling close to him as a cold blast of wind struck them. “At least LEGO Island will be warm.”“‘Always perfect weather on LEGO Island.’ Isn’t that what Ed Mail said?” Minerva asked.“Heh, yeah.” They were just making small talk as a lone digging vehicle sat in the cemetary, scooping dirt and mulch out of the ground so they could place the casket nearby inside. Inside the casket was the body of Athena Fabello. The plan was to bury Minerva’s mother and head on to LEGO Island for the party whose word had quickly spread around the Dino Attack’s allies.Athena’s body had been flown back from Antarctica, along with a special-looking casket and a new tombstone. Zach quietly bent down and pulled away overgrown grass surrounding a tombstone half-buried in the ground, most likely thanks to a Mutant Raptor or something. It’s inscription was faded from weathering, but there was no doubt what it said.

TOD FABELLO

1987 - 2004

“How often did you visit them?” Zach asked as he rose to his feet. No doubt a ruined stone for Isaac Fabello laid somewhere.“Twice a year,” Minerva said plainly. “Oswald and I would come on the anniversaries of their deaths. We always did, no matter what.”Zach looked over to the stone lying by the casket. It looked a million times better than Tod’s lying in the ground. “Nice of your aunt to do that. Get a stone that would last ages.”Minerva nodded. “I called her early on Wednesday. We’ve barely communicated before now, but seeing as she’s my only relative on the planet and Mom was her sister, I decided she should know. I suppose I wouldn’t say she’s bad, more...I don’t really know, actually. After Mom went crazy, Aunt Ginny never talked to us. I guess she might had been embarrassed or sad about what happened to her sister and communicating with us would only bring back bad memories.”Minerva shrugged. “Though I guess the Dino Attack might have changed her. She seemed relieved to hear I was alive and couldn’t speak for awhile after hearing what happened to Oswald and Mom and got real mad when she learned Napoleon XIV had lied to her about Mom and muttered something about a lawsuit. I told about what we planned to do and she immediately offered to pay for a tombstone and casket to place her on. I was really surprised, to tell you the truth. I told her she could come up to LEGO City and join us today if she wanted.”“And she refused.”Minerva nodded. “She seemed uncertain about what to do, but eventually decided not to come up. I imagine she’ll come here by herself when everything comes back to normal.” Zach silently mused as he watched the digger pull away from the hole. There was no real relationship between Ginerva Chase and Minerva, other than they were related to each other. And, from Minerva’s ‘matter-of-fact-’ tone, there never would be a relationship. It seemed Ginny regretted never bonding with her niece and made up for it by making sure her family rested here with some level of grandeur.“Thanks,” Minerva said, shaking the man driving the digger’s hand as he returned from parking his vehicle. The man merely smiled and stood to the side and Minerva and Zach walked up to the dark red casket, their hands intertwined.Athena Fabello laid peacefully inside of it. Her torn and ruined clothes from before had been removed and replaced with a plain black dress. Just like Nazareno, she seemed extremely at peace in her state. Minerva touched her mother’s cheek with a cold hand, smiling sadly. “I hope you’re happy, wherever you are,” Minerva whispered shakingly. Her eyes then widened as she saw a photograph being held down by Athena’s folded over hands. Minerva quietly slid out the picture and held it in front of herself and Zach.It was a picture of a little boy with blond hair, dressed as neat as a child could be and grinning at the camera goofily. Minerva laughed quietly, a small tear sinking out of her eye. She carefully returned the picture of Oswald to her mother’s hands and closed her eyes. “Thanks for being there. Things are better for you now. I know it.”Minerva quietly closed the casket and, with Zach and the man’s help, moved it over the rectangular hole in the ground and lowered into the Earth with rope. As the man returned to his digger to return the dirt over the hole, Minerva and Zach carried the tombstone over to a small, rectangular crater in the ground a bit to the left of Athena’s resting place. Tucking it into the ground, Zach and Minerva stepped back and looked at the stone. The names were arranged in two rows; one for the elders, one for the offspringFABELLOISAAC 1958 - 1996ATHENA1956 - 2010OSWALD1986 - 2010TOD1987 - 2004Minerva stood there in silence for five minutes. Zach could only guess at what she was thinking. What he knew, however, was that the Fabellos had reunited at last. Both in a physical and spiritual state. There might be a lot of explaining to do, but Athena, Isaac, Oswald, and Tod would finally be a family again. He shot a glance at Minerva again. Her family was together again, but was missing their youngest member. It was a bittersweet parting indeed.Zach snaked his hand into Minerva’s. “They’ll be waiting for you, Minerva.”Minerva swallowed and nodded. They would be expecting her in many years. She turned away from the stone and together they began to walk toward their Dino 4WD Tracker. Neither said anything until Minerva looked up and pointed. “Look.” It was barely visible, but it was there. A snowflake.A shiver traveled through his body. “Better get to LEGO Island before we’re drowned in the stuff.” Minerva nodded. He paused for a moment, then said, “Race you for driver’s.” With that, he started to run down the path to the exit.“Hey!” Minerva called out, laughing in surprise as she pursued him. “You cheater!” Zach laughed in amusement as Minerva began to catch up to him. Time to pick up Holly and Zelda and head home.OOC: And with that, my characters on LEGO Island. Probably a few more celebratory posts and then the big epilogue for my characters.

OOC: Oh, yes, Andrewnuva. As a long-time LEGO Island fan who celebrated its 15th Anniversary two days ago, that was a great read, and I loved catching all the references to the original games and LEGO Island's involvement in the RPG itself.

“Indeed they are, Pepper. And of course, we are honored to know that some of our own people were among the brave, fearless, determined, incredible, jaw-dropping, head-blowing, green-red brick clicking, totally amazing Minifigs who’ve risked their lives multiple times to bring peace to our island, and our world! I know many of us have been wanting to return the favor.”
About time that this showed up in the canon! It took an In The Maelstrom Temple and a Dino Attack: Legacy, but now it's here... to stay!IC: Over the past few days, Frozeen and Greybeard had never seen so many helicopters as they now saw. With the majority of the Mutant Dinos defeated and the survivors being hunted and captured in the outskirts, LEGO City's population was returning in full force from the Alpha Team refugee facilities in Antarctica. The first to arrive were the construction crews and, aside from a mishap involving a billboard and a stray Mutant Raptor, the rebuilding efforts were met with incredible success. There were certain advantages to post-war enthusiasm in a world built of LEGO. In no time at all, Frozeen figured, LEGO City would be even bigger and better than it ever was before.After the police and fire departments were reestablished, civilians returned to their newly-rebuilt houses and apartments. Much had been lost in the Dino Attack and nothing would ever be the same, but there was some strange unanimous feeling of high hopes for the future that filled the air, and everyone was ready to start anew. What would they make of it? Just imagine...One helicopter landed at the meeting point set up by Frozeen and Greybeard. Among the many civilians who stepped off the helicopter, there were three familiar faces."Grandpa!" cried Mary Rose, her excitement nearly too much for her small body to contain. She rushed towards Greybeard with open arms, and Greybeard caught her in his embrace, laughing jollily as he did so. Observing this, Frozeen noted that Rex was right in choosing to sacrifice himself instead of Greybeard.Next, Frozeen found himself patted on the back and gently elbowed in the ribs by Sam Throramebi. "Oh, man!" grinned the Rock Raider. "You would not believe what it was like down there! When we arrived at the facilities, everyone was huddled around their radios and hanging off of every word spoken by J. Theano. It was just like the Golden Age of Radio! And then, when he announced that the Mutant Dinos were defeated... well, the noise was louder than the eruption down in Quadrant 14!"Laughing, Frozeen patted Sam on the shoulder. "If you think the noise down there was loud, you should have heard what was going up here after the victory! Half the time, you couldn't hear yourself think while Williams and Zimmer were warring with each other with 'The Throne Room/End Title (Medley)' and 'One Last Shot'!""Throw in some '1812 Overture' and some fireworks," smirked Sam, "and the entire world's population cheering at once, and then we'll talk about 'loud'!""Oh! Hi, Talia!" waved Frozeen, catching the Dino Attack agent's attention as she stepped off the helicopter.After spotting Frozeen, Greybeard, and the others, Talia Kaahs smiled and rushed towards them. "Hello again, Frozeen!" she grinned. "I'm glad to see you again; I admit, I was unsure if I'd ever see any of you again, but then I found confidence and strength in telling myself that you'd pull through, as George said you would.""It's great to see you too, Talia," nodded Frozeen. Although the Alpha Team agent smiled, there was sadness in his eyes, as he knew that there was news that he would have to deliver.The look in Frozeen's eyes did not go unnoticed, and Talia faltered. "George...?" she dared to inquire. "Did he...?"Frozeen sighed and, slowly, shook his head. "He didn't make it. He... he wanted me to tell you that he was sorry."Life drained out of the scarred face of Talia Kaahs. Even to Frozeen, who tended to be rather aloof towards others' feelings, could not be mistaken about the pure sorrow betrayed in her features. She pressed a hand to her chest and caught her breath. Talia looked as though she was about to say something, but could not voice any words, and instead lowered her head and slowly took a seat on a nearby bench.Frozeen was unsure of what to do. He remembered how Rex refused to let anyone pity him, and feared that something that he might say could only make things worse for her. Finally, he resolved to ask a simple question: "Is there anything I can do?""When and how?" inquired Talia, her voice shaking. It was a simple, yet understood, question."In the last few minutes of the battle," explained Frozeen, "George volunteered to hold back the Mutant Dinos while the rest of us boarded T-1 Typhoons to fight Dr. Rex. However, when Dr. Rex arrived, we were not ready for him, and I think Baron Typhonus must have given Dr. Rex the strength fueled by his anger regarding your relationship with General... we fired everything we had upon him, but it was not enough to stop him from crushing George beneath his heel. George really helped us out against the Mutant Dinos and put up a great fight against Dr. Rex himself, and I thought for sure that he was going to pull through... but it was just not enough. His death was not in vain, and he died a great hero."Frozeen pulled out the G.E. Body helmet and handed it to Talia. She took it and stared at it, her sorrowful face reflecting off its metallic surface.Sighing, Talia wiped tears from her eyes. "We both knew it wasn't going to last much longer," she whispered. "We both knew that old age was catching up to George... and George was certain that if his brother ever found out about me, he'd kill us both. I just... I just wish that I was there with him when he confronted Dr. Rex.""I think... you were," murmured Frozeen, "in a way. If it weren't for you, General would never have stood a chance against Dr. Rex. I'm certain that you were in George's heart and mind during the final battle, and you granted him strength so powerful, only the Maelstrom itself could come close enough to tear you two apart.""I... I think I need a moment," sniffed Talia as she buried her face in her hands and sobbed."Avast," grunted Greybeard. "Do ye think General would 'ave wanted t' see you actin' like this? He died wi' th' knowledge that ye lov'd 'im dearly, an' if thar be a Heaven o' some sort, then he be watchin' o'er ye now, says I. Would he want ye t' be sobbin' o'er 'im, mournin' 'im fer finally redeemin' himself in his own deadlights? Talia, listen t' me. General be a great Minifig, an' thar ne'er be ano'er like 'im, but I be thinkin' that he would want ye t' move on, says I.""Yeah, there are plenty of other great Minifigs," suggested Sam Throramebi, "like me!"Frozeen and Greybeard shot Sam a pair of disapproving glares."What?" frowned Sam. "Can't a guy hope that there's someone up there feeling nice enough to Pair The Spares down here?""General wasn't the only one who died in the war, you know," Frozeen shook his head. "I'm certain the name Semick might ring a bell?"Sam Throramebi blinked in surprise. "Semick?" he repeated. Taking off his helmet and scratching his head, he murmured: "Man, that's... really... something. After the LEGO Island mission, I began to put aside my distaste for the Power Miners and see that Semick really was a great guy. He was a great commander and wasn't afraid of anything. I mean... he knew I didn't like him 'cause he's a Power Miner, and he still made an effort to get past that barrier between us out of respect for his fellow teammate. Ah, well. I kind of wish I got to know him a little better. But from what I know of him... I think I'll miss him."Frozeen wanted to say something more to Talia, but then a message came in over Frozeen's headset. "Dash Justice to elite agent Frozeen. Come in, elite agent Frozeen!""Yes?" responded Frozeen, turning away from his comrades. "This is elite agent Frozeen. Have you got an update on the case?""Roger that. We found the civilian you told us about and we're currently holding him in the local Agents Headquarters, seeing as our main LEGO City base is still under reconstruction. We are waiting for you to commence with the investigation. Are you certain that this man will provide us with the information necessary to close this case for good, agent?""Yes," nodded Frozeen, "I am quite certain. I am on now my way. 10-4, over and out."Turning back towards Talia, Frozeen scratched his head. "I'm sorry, I've got to go now. Alpha Team duties and all. But, look... if there's anything you need, just feel free to contact me, okay?"Slowly, Talia Kaahs nodded.OOC: Sorry about the Mood Whiplash. However, seeing as this post is intended to take place before Andrewnuva's post, think of it as a happy Mood Whiplash instead of a depressing Mood Whiplash.I can only promise you that my next IC post... will be excruciatingly long!

OOC: Sorry about the Mood Whiplash. However, seeing as this post is intended to take place before Andrewnuva's post, think of it as a happy Mood Whiplash instead of a depressing Mood Whiplash.
OOC: Well, with the wedding that just happened that's not going to be a problem.

IC:December 24, 2012"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!" Dr. Cyborg said under his breath as he wandered Lego Island.A day after the battle, he had met with some scientists of XERRD. They had agreed with him that the best course of action was to rejoin Nexus Force after the cleanup from the battle and aftermath.But in the meantime, there was always that Lego Island party. He had arrived a bit early - as in yesterday morning! What he had done between then and now was find a hotel and sleep. If he remembered correctly, the last time he slept was in the temple of Hotep III. The last time he got a good, restful sleep was before he left XERRD. It had only been a month or two ago, but it felt like two years. He was currently alone, as Catless was coming later and Kara had left to make sure her home was still standing. This was a reason for his downiness, but also the fact the fact that he was leaving the planet again in a week or two. Plus, he was alone on his birthday, which he usually spent with friends or family.Even though the actual party was still a few days away, there was already some partying going on. A drunkard staggered by. Dr. Cyborg frowned at the sight. Even as a human, he never liked alcohol. He looked down the street, squinting somewhat.I really should get a replacement for my visor if I ever find one of the same tech level. I'm not used to this light.He saw Zach and his friends down the road, AI he ran to catch up with them.OOC:You guys are lucky. I had everything set up for a Romantic Plot Tumor. I had planned for Catless to say she liked Dr. Cyborg, and for him to say he liked Kara, but real life came in. Now, that plotline would be.to close to real life. So, count yourselves lucky.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: avmatoran,that_feel.gifThose triangle things are pretty rough.I've got just the thing to take everyone's mind off of Romantic Plot Tumours: another funeral.OOC: Sunset, 22 December 2010A small crowd was gathered on one of the docks in LEGO City Harbour. Osprey glanced around at those present -- Zachary Virchaus, Desdemona, Hugh Yena, Raine Dashworthy, and Jinx, along with many of the other Agents who had been present in the recent battle; a good number of Dino Attack agents, most of whom he did not know, though he was able to pick out Helm, Giles, Kat, and Hotwire, who appeared to be in a wheelchair. He raised the torch in his hand, turned, and walked to the end of the dock. Before him, bobbing on the tide, lay the lifeless bodies of Winston and Matthias Grendelwulf -- the former clutching his sword, and the latter his dual SMGs (unloaded, of course) -- atop a wooden pyre built on an old wooden dinghy.He paused, recalling Epic Winston's last moments in the infirmary that morning. He'd argued at length over the warrior's choice to refuse treatment for his wounds. "Half a two-man army is no army at all," Winston had said with finality, and Osprey had, in the end, little choice but to accept the man's decision, and to ask for the specifics of the rites Winston wished for himself and his brother. "Say nothing," he had instructed, "only think of us."Taking a deep breath, Osprey cast the torch onto the pyre, then bent as the wood began to catch and unmoored the boat. He gave it a shove, and was joined by Dashworthy and Jinx. The dinghy was soon caught by the waves and began to drift towards the darkening horizon. Those gathered watched solemnly as, in the golden rays of the setting sun, the boat and its valiant passengers lit up like a dying star.OOC: Apologies for borrowing others' ADO characters without permission. I will change that if there are any objections, but for now it seemed fitting.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Thanks for the sympathy, but no, you don't. Personal life made the tumor turn benign.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: That sort of misunderstanding is what I was referencing, though. That is a feel that I know. I figured that was the case based on things you've said in the past.I guess my remark about triangles might have skewed my intended meaning. That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I suppose I should have included a smilie to make that more apparent.Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I ought to have been.(Honestly, I just needed an excuse to post memes here. Also, this is looking a bit like a Real Life example of Don't You Dare Pity Me. :P)

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I gotta say, I was a bit disappointed nobody got the reference I made in my last post.I'll post an IC later when I get the chance. I'm still trying to decide exactly what to do. I was considering having Pierce and Sarah go to the LEGO Island party as well as some of my other characters (Rotor and Cabin, maybe), unless of course there's still some celebrations going on in LEGO City (which would be more convenient for them).