Reference Center

Shadow Kurahk

Yeaaaaaaaah so...the "Bionicle Reference Center" forum is pretty much empty, as it has been since the new forum was launched.Do any active members even use the one on the old forum? I barely ever used it then and have never used it now.So yeah. Any opinions on the future of that?Posted in GD because I want an official answer as well as member opinions. Q&A is limited to official answers since member opinions would clutter it.-SK

The only reason that it hasn't been updated is because the RKs keep getting sacrificed for the glory of Hapori Tohu disappearing.If they all just get online for once (:P), copying the material over from the other forum shouldn't be that big of a deal.I still think it could fill a hole that's still in the new forum, but since it's all in the old forum, it's not much of a hassle to go to the old forum and find what you're looking for. Plus, BS01 has a lot of the same information, even if that revenant site has not fully returned.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It's essentially still on the to-do list, but not a big priority since the BRC on the old forum was more or less complete and is still available. I had actually gotten about halfway during the downtime in bringing it over, but another step in the forum upgrades erased all that progress, and I haven't felt like it since then. The main problem is that every post's HTML has to be changed to reflect the new forum's URL, so it's a lot of work for very little gain considering all the content is already available.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You see, there's this thing with RKs. Something or other keeps kidnapping us, sooner or later. Though I haven't outright disappeared, I haven't been able to execute many of my tasks, thanks to my job at McDonald's, and school. Come summer, I should be able to help out more. The key word being "should".And yeah, the BRC isn't used that much anyway, since BS01 is around. It's primary use is as a condensed guide to BIONICLE, while BS01 is an exhaustive encyclopedia.

How well will you die?

I both agree with Sumiki and bonesiii. It's probably on the staff's to-do list of many other things, and although not many people actually go through there, it's one of those things that isn't on their top list of priorities at the moment. After all, BS01 is a better reference center, although it'd be interesting if the reference center topics were distributed into the BS01 forum, with links from the site as references in the topics for more detail. Probably isn't a good idea, but just a thought.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

To be honest, I use BS01. However, I do like what's there - that one topic about serials records. It saves me a ton of time when getting podcast transcripts. While most of us can just use the old forum, it would be nice (:evilgrin:) if the Greg Dialogues were copied in there; everything else seems redundant with BS01. However, it would be a nightmare to fix, and nobody uses that thing but me (mostly) anyway.

Edited by fishers64