What Happened To S&T Contest 6?

I'm just an ordinary bloke, but if my opinion counts for anything, I REALLY want to see this contest over with. We have winning stories, which are all ready to go on BS01). There's nothing to wait for, except for grammar editing and for Triggy to come up with an awesome banner for each. And both of those can technically wait until after they're up.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Agreed, it is time to end it and gain some new canon stories at the same time.

Edited by Tanma

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

The forums just got back up. We've waited six months for them, a few more days for this contest shouldn't hurt. Although this contest HAS been the most sluggish one I've seen anywhere.

Edited by LewaLew
How well will you die?

I bet the main problem is that GregF hasn't looked over the winners yet -- he probably doesn't even know BZPower is back up, for that matter.

To my knowledge, Greg's involvement is not required. He approved the story outlines for each category, and the judges made sure each story was within those lines.

Yes, everything's cleared for canonization. (We even have a banner for one of them, apparently.) Nothing's holding us back.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Well, I'm looking forward to it.

A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist." "However," replied the universe the "the fact has not created within me a sense of obligation." - Stephen Crane.

I now see dististinctly, what manner these maskers are. They are a great king and his his privy-councillors - A king who goes not scruple to strike a defencless girl and his seven councillors who abet him in the outrage. As for myself, I am merely the jester- and this is my last jest.- Hop-Frog - By Edgar Allan Poe

"'Let The Right One In' is not a rip-off of 'Twilight'!"

"He's fallen in the Wa-taaaah- Little Jim, The Goon Show

So, are the winners already chosen? If so, I see no problem to sending them to GregF for canonization. I'm pretty anxious to get some new canon...

See the above discussion:

I bet the main problem is that GregF hasn't looked over the winners yet -- he probably doesn't even know BZPower is back up, for that matter.

To my knowledge, Greg's involvement is not required. He approved the story outlines for each category, and the judges made sure each story was within those lines.

Yes, everything's cleared for canonization. (We even have a banner for one of them, apparently.) Nothing's holding us back.

The winners have not been "chosen," but most (if not all) the polls had clear winners IIRC.

To clear up confusion, nothing has yet been done with the contest since we went offline. It's on the to-do list. ;) My tentative answer is that I don't plan on re-doing the polls, but I'll need to look over everything more carefully to be sure.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 3 weeks later...

It should be ended, I believe. In the least, the winners should be announced so there's more room for other S&T contests.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...