To Save The World!

IC:The air was old and dusty, an unpleasant musk hanging overhead. The wood creaked in protest with every step Mystic took, no matter how gently she moved. She brushed a hand along the wall; the wood was splintered and the paint chopping, dust floating morosely before settling like a fine layer of snow. Even without her supernatural skills Mystic could feel the gloom in the atmosphere. Millions were probably dead after the invasion - official statistics hadn't been tallied yet, even after all this time - but the damage was far worse. The world itself was wounded, Mystic knew, and who knew how long it would be before it truly healed.Mystic let all these feeling flow through her like a river, attuning herself to a spectrum beyond normal understanding. The range of vision granted to the most humans was simple and limited - Mystic assumed so, anyway; it wasn't like she could speak from experience. Beyond the thin strip known as the "visible" spectrum was a vast canvas of colors humans could barely comprehend; a masterwork of infrareds and ultraviolets, a symphony of radio waves.But beyond all those, beyond understanding and imagination, lay what Mystic called the psychic spectrum. This was purest thought, absolute unfiltered aura. The simplest concept spiraled across the mindscape with infinite complexity. Mystic could feel the warm, pure glow of emotions, feelings so powerful people needed words like "anger", "sorrow", and "love" to describe them, for it would take a million words to even come close to describing them in their fullness. Even she couldn't pretend to fully understand it, but it was nonetheless breathtaking to behold.Across the black void of her vision, Mystic could sense these mental patterns rippling off into nothingness. This had made her invaluable to the cleanup efforts, using her powers to seek out the psychic signatures of civilians still trapped in the rubble. For the past few months, she'd been helping search destroyed sections of London for survivors. Sensing the faintest hint of brainwaves Mystic clasped her hand around a doorknob, the brass cool in the palm of her hand. Through the eyes of one of the rescue workers, a hero by the name of Tide, she could a pile of rubble lying in the darkness, no doubt the result of a stray shot in the midst of the fighting. Extending her arms, Mystic grasped at the splintered planks of wood with her mind, slowly and carefully moving them free. The pile shifted... revealing a long-deal corpse buried underneath.Mystic sighed heavily. Sadly, after this long, the odds of anyone trapped in these ruins still being alive, after all this time, was very slim. All Mystic had gotten the last few weeks were the echoes of the mind, the remnants of long-dead psychic signals that entropy had not faded into oblivion. But at the very least, they could ensure these pour souls would get proper burials. Solemnly, Mystic turned and left the building, thinking that perhaps this was more than she could take for the day. Suddenly, a sharp beeping caught her ear, and she reached for the communicator on her belt."Yes, hello? ...What? ...He's awake?" she asked. "Oh, yes, I'll be right there. Get a jet waiting for me."---One quick hop on a League jet later, Mystic found herself at the facility they'd moved the subject to. As she stared at the door, Mystic fought off a rising feeling of dread. It had been a month, but that whole incident still loomed large in her mind. However, the League needed information on his captors, so she had to do this. Her fingers clasped tightly around the door handle, and opened the door to the subject's room.""Oh, good. They told me you'd woken up," she said calmly. "How are you feeling?"[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC:Memories rewound in Mystic's head, cycling back to their last conversation months ago. Near-perfect memory was one perk of psychic powers; really, all she was doing was using her abilities on herself."Was he one of... one of the grey people you told me about?" she asked. "You said he talked to you? Do you remember what he said?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: My turn for Coalition posts now. :)IC: (NPC)

Amsterdam, The Netherlands8 days after the invasion

The city of Amsterdam had fallen quickly to the Technax Armada, the famed channels of the grachtengordel having served as nothing less than a superhighway for Dual Fighters. The city’s precarious nature, with many of its buildings lining canals and much of its land having been reclaimed from the sea by dikes, prevented most defensive measures from being attempted, as the Armada could easily have annihilated the entire city. And so, having been under Technax’s control with little to no rebellion, the city had been all but spared the destruction that had leveled much of the world.On the outskirts of the city, situated on the banks of the river Amstel, Van Duff Manor stood in all of its glory, a massive four-story mansion with expansive grounds. It looked a little worse for wear - its lawns had been mulched up by tank treads and hundreds of robotic feet, its gardens were wilting with neglect, and its ornate gates hung off their hinges – but still, the manor itself was remarkably unscathed.Ruk van Duff, the mansion’s namesake, settled into his favorite armchair with a tall mug of beer and a book that he had been meaning to read for some time. He sighed as he sat down – he was getting old, and he knew that it showed. His thick mustache had turned gray years ago, and his once-auburn hair was all but drained of color. He had once been lean and athletic, but now his limbs were more bone than muscle, and his considerable height made him appear spindly and frail. He felt like a black-and-white photograph of his younger self, the same man but with all of the vibrancy drained from his life.Mementos of Ruk’s youth were lined in glass cases along the mantelpiece – large gemstones of immeasurable worth; an oddly shaped gun with scorch marks on its barrel; a SuperHero’s helmet, pitted and pockmarked from years of use; twin katana set opposite each other in their case; even a full suit of armor stood in the corner, the symbol on its chest just faded enough to make it impossible to discern. Though they seemed eccentric decorations for a wealthy Dutchman, for a crime lord they were an impressive collection that spoke of a long and prosperous career.Ruk was torn from his reverie by a harsh crackling sound that permeated the room. He jumped to his feet as a blood-red rift in the very fabric of reality opened before him, bathing the room in a reddish glow. In an instant Ruk had dropped his book and drawn a pistol from the pocket of the robe he wore. Balancing his mug in one hand, he aimed the pistol at the portal, ready to shoot at the first sign of movement. He may have been old, but he was still dangerous.From deep within the portal, a dark figure in a hooded black cloak appeared, stepping lightly onto the beige carpet that lined Ruk’s study. His entire outfit was a deep black, save the silver of his belt buckle and the question mark-shaped clasp on his cloak. In his right hand he held a three-pronged staff, wires trailing from its shaft up his sleeve. Though his face was completely obscured beneath the hood of his cloak, his identity was instantly apparent – Mr. Mystery.“Oh, Mr. Mystery, it’s only you,” Ruk said, visibly relaxing. He laid his pistol on the coffee table beside the armchair and stooped to pick the book up from where he had dropped it. “I feared you were some brazen Hero who thought it wise to barge into my home uninvited.”“I am glad to be myself and not that foolish Hero, then,” Mr. Mystery replied, waggling the fingers of his free hand toward the portal behind him. The rift slammed shut with a menacing hiss. “I suspect I would have a bullet lodged in my brain if I were not.”“Indeed,” Ruk said, laying the book beside the pistol and taking a swig from his mug. “Could I interest you in a drink? This is my family’s brew, you know.”“No, thank you,” Mr. Mystery said, turning toward the mantelpiece. “I’ve never been particularly able to stomach beer, even when I was younger.”“That’s a shame,” Ruk said, settling back into his chair. “So, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit? I never knew you to be the type to make social calls.”“Oh, heavens no, I’m far too busy for that,” Mr. Mystery said with a chuckle, wiping his finger along one of the glass cases and inspecting his glove afterwards. “This is strictly a business call. You may or may not have heard, but I am now one of the new joint leaders of the Coalition of Corruption.”Ruk sat forward, absently swirling his mug of beer. “Really?” he said in an interested tone. “With whom?”“Grand Cross.”“Ah, yes. The two of you work well together; perhaps you can restore the Coalition to its former glory. Everything’s gone downhill since Doctor Danger committed suicide.”“We both agree on that last statement,” Mr. Mystery agreed wistfully, walking over to the suit of armor and tapping the prongs of his staff on its chest. A hollow echo reverberated through it, and he nodded thoughtfully. “But enough small talk. As a leader of the Coalition, it’s come to my attention that you and your organization have not been pulling your own weight as of late.”“I beg your pardon?” Ruk said indignantly, bounding from his seat again. “I have always been loyal to the Coalition, you know that! My network of henchmen and spies brings you valuable information, recruits, and technology. Explain yourself!”“Oh, I intend to,” Mr. Mystery said, turning his full attention on Ruk. “Let’s start at the beginning, shall we? I believe that you were captured by the League recently, were you not?”Ruk’s cheeks flushed with color. “Yes, but…”“That’s a depressing admission from a self-proclaimed crime lord,” Mr. Mystery interrupted. “But what’s even more depressing is that your aide – Ms. Hawthorn, is it? – decided that your organization was insufficient to break you free, and instead hired the Order of Extortion to break you out - without informing the Coalition. That doesn’t instill much faith in you or your subordinates.“But that is excusable compared to what came next. Prior to Doctor Danger’s death, the Coalition entrusted you with valuable Coalition data – profiles of our members, detailed layouts of some of our bases, confidential projects that had been under development. You assured us that the information would be safe in your hands, but shortly after your capture, a team of League members – led by the same Hero who captured you, I might add – stormed your undersea base and confiscated that information. Do you have any idea how devastating that was to us? That one slipup set us back months of planning, cost us several of our members, and compromised a number of important centers of Coalition power. I can’t overlook that.”“If you’d just let me…”“But wait, it gets better!” Mr. Mystery continued, speaking over Ruk. “Very shortly after that, you lost the Sapphire of Auctorita, a powerful artifact that was also wrongly entrusted to you. And who stole it from you but that same League Hero!”“I took precautionary measures against that,” Ruk insisted. “I hired Tyson Sparrowhawk’s arch nemesis…”“Ah yes, the psychotic gangster whose sole goal in life is to kill Wolf Dancer. And how did that work out for you? As I recall, Griffin has been imprisoned by the League at least twice since you hired him. Oh, and on top of his blatant inadequacy, did I mention that he killed two Coalition members that we had loaned to you? Something drastic has to be done, before you drag the entire Coalition down to your level.”“I don’t think you’re being fair about this…”“I’m not?” Mr. Mystery sounded amused. “I think I am. The Coalition has supplied you with funds, we have given you dozens of our operatives to supplement your own forces, we have entrusted numerous items of vital importance to you, and you repay us with failure, time and again. I’m afraid that you've simply lost your touch; of course, that would mean that I believed you to have ever been useful. The truth is that we’re just not going to be able to continue supporting you.”“This is an outrage!” Ruk half-shouted. “I have faithfully served the Coalition for decades! Doctor Danger and I were colleagues! I’ve been a valuable asset to you! And this is how I’m treated?Mr. Mystery laughed, a chilling sound. “Is that what you think?” he asked. “You honestly believe that Doctor Danger even liked you? Wake up, van Duff, because you’ve been living in a fantasy for most of your life. The Coalition was founded on the principle of SuperHuman superiority – we’re better than you, always have been. You are nothing more than an ant; a tiny, worthless insect in our eyes. In fact, it disgusts me to see the Coalition relying on you as heavily as we have.“I joined Doctor Danger, and founded the Coalition, in order to wrest control of the world from powerless pigs such as yourself. Don't give me a song and dance about your usefulness; I owe you nothing. In fact, had Doctor Danger not insisted that you could be a useful pawn, I would have killed you a very, very long time ago.”Ruk paled, reaching into his pocket for his pistol. It wasn’t there. “You…you wouldn’t dare!” he stammered, feeling around on the coffee table behind him. He didn’t dare take his eyes off of Mr. Mystery long enough to look for his pistol."And why is that? Because you're gonna shoot me?" Mr. Mystery sneered with malicious satisfaction. He held up his free hand, twirling Ruk van Duff’s pistol on one finger. “Somehow I seriously doubt that….”~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

OOC: If I could I'd like to make some amendments to my character before starting (I know I never really did but I got bogged down with work for a bit) it's mainly a name change and a costume change but I just wanted to check with you first. I've redone the profile below. How much have I missed out on since the timeskip? Anything important that I should know?

Real Name: George MastersAlias: Snake EyesAppearance: A 5'11 guy with a mess of light brown hair running to just below his ears. Fairly pale white skin and blue eyes. He has no particularly distinctive features bar the semi-circular scar on his right hand. When in "hero mode" he wears a costume much like Daredevil's but black in colour and minus the horns. He has an insignia on his chest of two silver dice that have just been thrown. He also carries a staff for fighting that has no remarkable properties other than it is telescopic and so it does not prohibit his movement when carried on his back.Power: Probability Manipulation, he can cause unlikely things to happen.Allegiance: The League of SalvationArea: Originally from Oxford, England but now lives in Los Angeles, CaliforniaBio: Ever since he was a young boy, George has always found himself to be very lucky. He realised that he was able to manipulate the outcome of certain events when in a fight with a much larger boy in school, he was able to evade the attacks of the other boy and then topple his opponent in one punch. George managed to pass his A-Levels with next to no work and upon completing them he proceeded to win the lottery. Moving to LA, he won the lottery once more and survives on the money that he made. George is extremely cocky and this over-confidence leads him to not always being able to control his power. If angered his power becomes null and he is unable to use it. This is demonstrated in his scar that was caused during a fight he was having with a small-time villain who angered him by referencing that George was nothing more than a trickster. The villain managed to strike George's hand with his sword. George was saved by another hero who was in the neighbourhood, who descended on the villain. George became Snake Eyes once he realised how his good luck could be used to fight others and his vast wealth made it easy for him to get around. He quickly joined the League after realising that by himself he could be defeated if angered or tricked again.

isthissomejokeban.png

Credit to Grape Juice City from

Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the Avatar and Banner.

My Writing: Bharadimir's Journal

OOC: The timeskip has literally just happened, Bharadmir, so you've not missed out on any important events.As it stands, Fade, Saosin, Plasmafire and Magneta are at the League base, all about to go on a mission. Kaname is standing outside, and Surge snuck in as his energy form and is sitting watching TV in his human form in one of its rooms. So since your character's with the League you could easily interact with any of these (assuming TPTI re-approves you of course :)).

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Yeah, I'm just waiting for someone to stumble upon me. While I'm here, Surge has a modification? to his powers that has been approved.When Surge exceeds his energy capacity (Which is about enough to power Texas for a year) he begins to overload and arc. Think of it as mini solar flares popping up all over Surge's body. If he does not safely discharge this energy quickly, it will force itself out of him in a large explosion, leaving him in his human state, unconscious, and drained. The explosion will also not be picky about destroying things, while at the same time leaving Surge defenseless. Immensely powerful, but most likely lethal and uncontrollable.

IC:"You do understand, I need to know as much as I can about these..." Mystic thought very deliberately about her words, "...people, in case there are more out there. Even if your memories are a little hazy, I need your help here. Anything you can remember could be important."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta's smile faded slightly after the exchange with Kaname, but she still shook his hand. "Magneta. League hero. I know where Fade is, please wait right here." She turned curtly and walked back through the wall. "Fade, some guy calling himself Kaname wants to talk to you. He thinks you have information regarding a missing friend of his. But... There's something about him I'm not sure I like. If you talk to him, be careful."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:"Okay, I'll be right here." Kaname said waving as Magneta walked off.Kaname stopped waving slowly, Was it my smile? he thought to himself, Geez, people anyways looked at him like he was untrustworthy or something, so what if that nucular plant he was at the day almost exploded cause of electrical problems? That hero that was there thought i was a villain, can you believe that? yeesh.. Oh course that Hero was sent to the hospital cause he used his power recklessly.."Then again i caused a shortage..oh well."OOC: i might make the hero he mentioned i dont know yet.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC:"Fine... I'll see what this guy wants," Fade muttered. "If he starts trying to kill me, y'know... jump in and help or something."Fade stepped out, passing effortlessly through the wall. He eyed the newcomer critically, but whatever thoughts he had about him Fade kept to himself."So, I'm told you want information about some guy I met?" he asked. "Well, I've met a lot a people; liked a lot less. Would you care to tell me who you're looking for?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Magneta nodded to Fade before he walked through the wall, then motioned for the others to step closer. As they did so, she waved her hand and opened up a doorway in the metal wall, motioning the others through... Just in case.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: TV was boring, so Surge did some more exploring. "Hello! People are walking through this part of the wall like it's water! Now I'm interested."Just then a door appeared in the wall Surge was currently inside. "Well, that's an open invitation if I ever saw one." he said to himself, before stepping through it. "HELLO! How's it going?"OOC:If I got the location wrong and this isn't at the League HQ, tell me and Surge will continue to watch TV.

IC: Magneta jumped in suprise when a newcomer stepped out of her doorway. "AH! Who are you?!" She cried, holding her hands in front of her to ward off a possible would-be-attacker.OOC: Joe, fyi that door leads outside. :)

OOC: I knew that, I just wanted to make sure it was leading outside the League HQ.IC: "I'm Surge. Superhero, can control energy and all that. I got tired of doing things solo, so I looked up the League. Apparently the lounge doesn't get used often, I hung out in there for a while before I noticed people walking through walls. By the way there's nothing on TV. And who's all this?"

IC(NPC):

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

9 days after the invasion

Night had fallen on Van Duff Manor, and the vast windows that lined its impressive façade were darkened. No sign of life stirred behind the closed draperies, no trace of human inhabitants for the eye to discern. But though the outer rooms of the Dutch mansion were lifeless, a different story was to be found at its heart.Dim lights cast an eerie glow across a group of people gathered in Ruk van Duff’s meeting hall, an elongated room where the crime lord met with his trusted advisers and ambassadors from the Coalition. A polished wooden desk sat on a raised platform at one end of the hall, the swiveling chair behind it turned away from the desk and facing the wall. A long table of polished marble ran the length of the hallway, eleven ornately carved chairs spaced at even intervals alongside it, five on each side and one at the foot, on the end farthest from the desk. At the far end of the hall, sliding glass doors led out to an inner courtyard, and the faint gurgle of fountains mixed together with the murmur of conversation.The wall-mounted lamps lining the walls cast deep shadows on the faces of the men and women gathered around that table, making them appear grim and ghostlike. Around the eleven people sitting at the table, small groups had formed out of the general mass of people crowding around them, two or three aides or bodyguards hovering behind their chosen representative. There was a general air of expectation in the room, a collective anticipation for the meeting to begin.Without warning, a disembodied voice echoed throughout the room. “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,” it said, causing many people to jump. “I’m pleased to see that you all were able to attend on such short notice. Allow me to introduce myself.” The chair behind the desk swiveled around by itself, and a hooded figure slowly faded into sight sitting in it. “I am Mr. Mystery, joint ruler of the Coalition of Corruption, and I will be your host for this evening.”“Where is Mr. van Duff?” the woman at the foot of the table called out. “This is his home, and that is his seat. We all came because he summoned us.”“So you were led to believe, Ms. Hawthorn,” Mr. Mystery said, leaning back and resting his heels on the desk. “The truth is, if I were to have summoned you as myself, half of you wouldn’t have come.”“Where is van Duff?” Firebrand, a well-kept man sitting beside Ms. Hawthorn, asked. His companions nodded their agreement, all eyes on Mr. Mystery.“He won’t be joining us tonight,” Mr. Mystery said casually. “He’s gone on to meet his dear friend, Doctor Danger, and I fear that he won’t be coming back anytime soon. If you wish to speak with him, I can make arrangements for you, but I have to warn you that it’s a one-way trip.” A low murmur filled the room.“Ruk is dead?” Zaparus, sitting halfway down the table, said, indignation and anguish lacing his voice. “That’s impossible! Who could have done this?”Mr. Mystery snorted. “You’re looking at him.”Gasps and cries of outrage echoed around the table. “What right does the Coalition have to do this to us?” Pyrotechnic shouted, standing up from his seat and banging his fist into the table. “Ruk van Duff was a loyal servant of the Coalition. Doctor Danger would never have allowed us to be treated this way!”“Doctor Danger is no longer among us, so that point is irrelevant,” Mr. Mystery said, picking a piece of gray lint off of his shoulder and brushing the spot where it had been. “I find it interesting that you all felt so attached to Van Duff; I was under the impression that I was doing you a favor, freeing you from his tyranny.”“Van Duff was no tyrant,” Bullet Master said, tapping his fingers nervously on the table as he spoke. “True, he could be harsh, but only to those who failed him. We here are his trusted lieutenants; we weren't granted that title for failing him. We were all happy with his leadership.""Is that so?" Mr. Mystery chuckled. "You all show a depressing lack of concern about the point I'm trying to get across to you. Do none of you know the principles upon which the Coalition was built? What is our ultimate goal?"Dragonfly raised his hand. “World domination!”“To destroy the League!” Asid, an olive-skinned Turk, shouted.Mr. Mystery sighed loudly, shaking his head. "Wrong, and wrong. Do you think us to be some mindless cutthroats, seeking to rule the world for the sake of imposing our wills upon others? Please tell me someone here can show me some intelligence."One of the men standing behind Firebrand looked around, then cleared his thoat. “The Coalition's ultimate goal is to eradicate the social structure of the world, and to rebuild it with SuperHumans in their rightful place as rulers of the weak,” he said.“Bingo,” Mr. Mystery said, pointing toward the man. “You look familiar. How do I know you?”“The name’s Spex,” the man said, fingering his blue-tinted sunglasses. “I’m a member of the Coalition who was transfered to van Duff's services.”“Well, I’ll be glad to see you rejoin our ranks,” Mr. Mystery replied with a nod toward Spex. “But back to my point – the Coalition is built upon the foundation of SuperHuman superiority, and Ruk van Duff stood in opposition to all of that; in fact, he was the antithesis of everything we stand for. Noone without a superpower deserves a position of authority, least of all a position commanding SuperHumans.”“So, what is to become of us now?” Griffin said in his usual bored tone. “I assume you brought us together to discuss our future now that our employer is dead.”“Indeed,” Mr. Mystery said, folding his hands in his lap. “You may have noticed that I only summoned the SuperHumans among you – several of van Duff’s lieutenants were powerless, and as such not worthy of my time. While you all may have shown poor judgment in following van Duff, I am still willing to acknowledge that you have all, more or less, been working for the Coalition all those years. As such, I am going to extend to you, and all those SuperHumans who follow you, an official membership to the Coalition, as well as a full pardon for any and all crimes you may have committed against our organization in the past." He looked pointedly at Griffin.“Such a membership is not offered lightly. The Coalition is not about to admit just any SuperVillain to its ranks – you must prove your worth. There is a good chance that half of you will never be offered this opportunity again. I will also add that whatever standing you had with Ruk van Duff will be irrelevant to the Coalition. Until you have proved to your fellow Coalition members that you deserve it, you will have no special title or treatment that will distinguish you from those who you now command.“That being said, I extend to you this limited time offer. I suggest you take it….before it expires.”Extrapolator stood up, his black cape fluttering behind him as he did. “I accept you offer.”Across from him, an Indian man stood up, as well. “So do I,” Miraj said.“I'll join, too!” A woman with long, spiny quills for hair – Porcupine – shouted.One by one, each of the eleven SuperVillains sitting at the table shouted their acceptance. An excited buzz filled the room as they began to discuss the best methods of converting Ruk’s old bases into new Coalition lairs, how to reach all of the SuperHumans serving under them, and how best to dispose of their powerless colleagues who knew too much.Deep within Mr. Mystery’s hood, behind the screen of shadow that obscured his face, his eyes sparkled with satisfaction. And the Coalition grows ever larger, he thought contentedly.~Lord Rahl~

Kaname was sitting down by the time Fade actually walked out, his back towards Fade.When Fade talked Kaname slowly spun on the ground facing Fade before standing up. "Let me introduce myself, though i know that lovely lady might have told you already but...anyway, I'm Kaname. And yes, I have some things to ask."he held out one Finger, "One: My sources tell me that you met a man by the name of Ezekiel, he is a Solo Hero known as Zeke, he was a user of Lighting, He vanished a coule months or so ago.." He held up a second Finger, "Two: a user of Darkness, Zaxon. You might have fought alongside him once as well against a Tree, but it's unknown if you were actually there." he held up a final Finger, "Three: a Hero of Gravity and Sonics, Elijah Jackson."Kaname held up a Card in his hand, the size was almost five inches wide and eight inches long. not an ordinary card. "I have been going around looking for each of these people, Zeke is a Priority, the other two Collateral Damage. I am told you knew at least two of them, Zeke and Zaxon. Elijah Jackson is a member of the League but the records saw he vanished on a mission."He put the card back into his Pocket, "So, have you heard of or actually met any of these Men? if you dont know or dont remember, i'll just have to Visit those guys who told me this." he said, and again, with the Smile that was untrustworthy, and he's already giving off the whole -This guy needs to be Watched- Look.Then he added, "Oh, and if you mistake me as some Villain, well..make sure that you take into account how many people there are in the area, we wouldnt want a accident with Electrocutions of wild Lightning right?" a hint of tension filled the air, but Kaname wasnt threatening, he was just telling the truth."So...your Answer?"

odstreflect.png

IC:"Oh, dear me, why would I ever get an impression like that?" Fade asked, his eyes rolling. "Protip: 'I hope you won't think I'm evil because if you do people will probably die' is about the worst opener any human being could go for. Seriously, if you're not sadistic you ought be embarrassed for yourself right now."He crossed his arms impatiently, staring down at the man before him with the exhasterbated look of a man who really didn't want to deal with another lame supervillain thinking he could just crash into his life whenever he felt like it."Now, I'm guessing you don't know me that well, so your mistake was understandable. I'm sure that you thought a few idle threats would make things a little easier for you, get me singing like a bird as they say," explained Fade. "Now, here's your problem: I didn't know you, didn't know if I liked you, but I might have been willing to help you to get you out my hair. But then you decided to be a bully, like having a little power puts you above the rest of us. I don't like the sort of man who thinks he can do that, which means I don't like you. I don't think you want that.""Right about now, your only saving grace is that you haven't done anything bad yet, and for all I know you don't plan to. I don't like your attitude, but if I traded blows with everyone whose attitude clashed with mine... well, I wouldn't have such good relations with the League," he continued "So, I'm gonna make it simple for you, either change your tune or get out of my way. If you're gonna act like this, I'm not gonna waste my time with you, understood?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

Kaname laughed, he didnt seem embarrassed at all. "Well well, looks like you and me are similar, I dont like people who bully other cause of some power. It's always makes them look weak."Kaname signed, it was almost like he was playing a game, course those who didnt know Him would have thought that. "Ah, but you are mistaken, you see i'm not doing anything that would clash with you personally, I just thought that i would rile you up a little bit. I learn more about everyone that way, and now...."Kaname snapped his fingers, small burst of Black lighting came out, but it wasnt going all over the place. "That whole thing about 'If you Fight me people around will Die' wouldnt even happen, I'm at the level of power that i can control my powers with the effectiveness of controlling my body. So theres not a chance anyone would die If i decided to go all out."He brought out his card again, playing with it. "Anyway, like you said, I dont know you, and I say, you dont Know me either, so far everything I said is meant to provoke, to see what you would say. You pretty much fell for it. besides I'm a Hero I dont kill or harm people." Of course, everything Kaname says is contradictory, not to mention confusing at best.

Edited by Kenpachi Zaraki

odstreflect.png

NPC: New York Police Chief William Surhoff sighed and rubbed his temples. “So let me see if I’ve got this straight: Someone walked right into a federal office building, knocked out four trained guards, stole files on seven convicted criminals, hit the central security terminal, erased all footage of the entire thing… and the four of you couldn’t even get a good look at him?”The men in front of him shifted nervously. Though the chief of police was a rather short, slightly pudgy man with thinning, black hair and didn’t look very threatening at all, his eyes at that moment could have cut diamonds. Eventually one of them spoke up. “Well, I mean, he was obviously powered. Super-speed. We’re just regular guys, we ain’t trained to handle super-“Surhoff cut him off with a glower. “You’re telling me this guy was wearing colored tights and you still can’t describe him?” Ignoring the stuttered protests that they hadn’t even seen the man, he gestured irritably at the door. “You’re all dismissed. Get outta my office.” The men wasted no time in complying.Jona MacTaggart, the tall, red-haired chief of detectives who had been standing off to the side of the room, chose this moment to speak up. “Well, whoever our mystery thief was, he was good. My best forensics couldn’t find more than footprints, and those are so scuffed they could’ve been anyone’s. No fingerprints, no signs of struggle, no dropped hairs, not even a known MO. Probably knew our methods and wiped all the evidence.”Surhoff’s mood was not brightened by this information. “So what you’re telling me is that we’ve got nothing.” MacTaggart surprised him by shaking her head. “Not exactly nothing. We ran a check on those files. The criminals detailed don’t have any known connection except they were all convicted of the same crimes: Kidnapping and murder. Funny thing is, lots of other crooks have that on their records too, but the thief went for these exact files. Like he already knew what he was looking for. There’s no sign he even looked at the other files.”Surhoff huffed. “What about the victims? What did they have in common?”Jona frowned. “The victims didn’t seem to have anything in common. Age, gender, race, nothing to do with it. Most of them had some kind of federal position – a secretary from the DA’s office, a couple of important political figures – but one was just a college girl, and another was a family man in Brooklyn. We can’t find any solid links.”The chief of police glared at her. “So what you’re telling me is that we’ve got nothing.”She sighed. “We know it was a speedster, one of the guards reported seeing a black blur right before he blacked out. We know he has a motive beyond just a quick buck, or works for someone who does. And we know he had some compunction against killing those guards; they were the last piece of evidence. But other than that, yes, I’m telling you we’ve got nothing. That’s why I’m calling the League for help.”It didn’t seem like William Surhoff could get any more foul-tempered, but he did. “Those costumed freaks? This is a police matter! It was a federal building that got robbed!”Though Nature had seen fit to grant her a gangly, awkward physique, Jona MacTaggart managed the impressive feat of appearing completely cool under Surhoff’s fiery admonitions. “The criminal is a speedster, Bill. Even if we ID him, we’d need a way to actually catch him, and no offense to your boys, but they can’t handle super villains any better than those security guards. Besides, it’s my investigation and I’ve already made the call. We’ve already briefed them on everything so far. Now we just wait and see who answers the call.”OOC: Which, by the way, could be anyone in the League with an investigative bent. Heck, even one of the solo heroes might’ve heard about it. Go on. You know you want to…H-D

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:Tilian, who was standing by idly watching the exchange, began laughing at this before he received the call."Tilian, you there?" called up his League handler."Yup.""Alright, well, you need to report to Jona MacTaggart's office. Something about a break-in she needed help on."He shrugged and turned to Fade."Gotta jet, Bryan," he said, using his friend's real name instead of his alias, "League business. You should hit up the bar sometime. Drinks are free for League members."

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

He shrugged and turned to Fade."Gotta jet, Bryan," he said, using his friend's real name instead of his alias, "League business. You should hit up the bar sometime. Drinks are free for League members."

OOC: Minor correction - Fade keeps his identity a secret - like, only-a-handful-of-people-in-the-world-know-it level secret - and he's also a solo hero who works with the League, rather than being a member.IC(NPC):

Central Europe16 days after the invasion

A faint hiss filled the air, accompanying a trail of smoke that rose from the twisted shape of something half-embedded in the ground. Parts of it shone like metal, and the trail of earth extending from it suggested it had fallen from a great height. Above, the sky was dark, the moon half-hidden behind gloomy clouds. Three figures approached from the darkness.A man in black-and-purple padding flapped his hand in front of his face with a wrinkled nose, trying to escape the smell of burning flesh. “Nice shot, Smoke.”“I told you, Arscythe, they gave me a new alias. I’m Dragonmouth now.” Indeed, the man was sporting a helmet styled after the open maw of a dragon.“Oh yeah. And you, Wrap, you’re Malleable Man now, right?”“Uh huh,” said the third, a man clad in yellow and purple spandex. “Shame they didn’t give you a new name. Guess yours was cool enough already.”“Or maybe I was one of the few competent enough to not require revamping,” Arscythe muttered to himself. The three came to a stop just in front of the crashed object. “Who was this moron anyway, anyone we know?”“Uh… I think his name was Rocket Lad,” offered Dragonmouth.Arscythe crouched, examining the armoured body. The smell was stronger now. Blood had caked around the large burnhole in its chest. He began feeling the figure over, pocketing any valuable trinkets he could find.“Jesus, he’s just a kid…” Malleable Man murmured, noticing the boy’s exposed face.“Yeah, so?”“I’m just saying, might’ve been better to apprehend him before you go shooting white-hot fire at him, y’know.”“What?” Snorted Dragonmouth. “We’re not gonna go easy just because it’s some kid. We aren’t working for van Duff anymore. You mess with the Coalition, this’s what you get. We covered that in training. No mercy, remember.”“I guess…”“Anyway, we’re wasting time,” said Arscythe, standing up. “We still haven’t got the stuff we came for yet. Follow me, and try to stay quiet.”He jogged off, heading down a slope towards an enormous object that was blanketed in shadows. Dragonmouth followed, his helmet rattling softly as he went. The object was a crashed Magna-Collector, a craft utilised by the Technax Armada to collect damaged troops for repairs. As soon as the Coalition had gotten wind of its presence a team had been sent after it - it was a wealth of alien technology they couldn’t pass up.Malleable Man continued staring at Rocket Lad’s body for a few moments, then ran to join his fellow villains.IC(NPC): Hundreds of miles north, Meltdown was in a surprisingly good mood. For once he’d been allowed to let loose with his powers. He’d done so obligingly, blasting streams of plasma in all directions. The plasma sprayed over the ice and snow that surrounded him and, with a harsh fizzing sound, began melting it away. It was all over fairly quickly. Meltdown stopped and, with a rare feeling of satisfaction, surveyed his work; a basin about one thousand feet in diameter. The air rippled with the sheer heat that was emanating from the ice. He turned away, pulling a Coalition communicator out of his pocket. The North Pole was going to get some new residents…

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Yup, Fade doesn't exactly dispense that information to just about anyone (just about everyone I can think of who knows the name only learned.in because of special circumstances), and doesn't really have friends close enough that he'd want to share it with. Plus even if you did know it, he wouldn't be cool with you casually namedropping him like that, especially in front a possibly untrustworthy man. I'm just saying he said Fade and moving on. IC:"Well, I guess I'm paying, then, but thanks for thinking I look League," Fade said. "That's... good? I guess?"As Saosin left, Fade turned his attention back to Kaname."You know, if you act shifty and suspicious around people and them they treat you like you're shifty and suspicious, that probably says more about you that it does them," he said. "Bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy, really.""Now, to hasten the aforementioned 'getting you out of my hair' process, I suppose I can divulge a little information," continued Fade. "Your Zeke and Elijah? Don't know them, never met then, never heard of them. Zaxon, I knew, fought, and really quite disliked. Last I saw him he was jumping out a portal a few miles over England, but I lost him after that. That was a few hours before the sky filled with alien warships, so I couldn't even tell you if he's still alive. That satisfy you?"Not really waiting for an answer, Fade turned back to Magneta and Plasmafire."Well, done with that. Wanna get this show on the road?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

Kaname thought hard, "Huh..so Zaxon found one of the portals huh? but neither Elijah or Zeke have been seen by you..." Kaname then turned to Fade, who by then was Halfway to two other heroes he brought out his Card again, "Hey, Fade, thank you for that Information, now would you excuse me I have a Villain to seriously beat the ###### out of...." he held his card to his side before putting it back in his pocket.Of course, Kaname was serious, and any trace of the person who talked with Fade vanished, he actually had a sorrowful look on his face, like he had lost a relative., "...*sigh*..." he suddenly shook his head, "You know...hey Fade, would you by chance, need the help of a Lightning user? judging by your actions, your going somewhere, and i thought it would be nice for you to know a little about me, plus we are the same right? Solo Heroes, difference is, that you choose to work with the League and they welcome you with open arms. As for me, the League shut me out and told me to leave for something I didnt even do. Which would explain why I was acting the way I was."He walked closer, "Besides, i want to know the true extent of my Evolved Powers."

odstreflect.png

IC;Fade was silent for a few moments, but it was obvious that he was giving a few issues some serious thought. On the one hand, an extra hand would be useful if things got heated down in that lab. On the other hand, the timing was incredibly suspicious and he wasn't sure he could trust this Kagame fellow."Well, I don't know what the others say - this is a League matter and I'm not actually League - but I might just be willing to give you a chance. You haven't made the best first impression, but you also haven't done anything to make you a threat either," he said. "So, let's think of this as a bit of a test then. If everything works out then I might be willing to consider you an ally, and if I come across any more info I'll try to pass it along to you. But if it turns out this isn't all on the level, if you're working an angle, if you've got any plans you're hiding... well, just remember you're in the company of four superheroes who fight world-ending nasties on a regular basis.""Of course, this is assuming the others are okay with this, of course," he said, glancing to Plasmafire and Magneta. "What'd you guys think? Give the guy a chance?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(NPC):

The North Pole19 days after the invasion

The faint white wisp of a snowflake spiraled through the air, its crystalline delicacy at the mercy of an unnatural storm. Up and down, around and around it flew, amidst a myriad of its unique brethren, one of a thousand priceless works of art upon the wind. A looming structure emerged swiftly from the icy gloom, and the snowflake collided with it, its fragile beauty melting against the heated metal.The hooded figure of Mr. Mystery, seemingly immune to the cold, wandered the construction site, watching Coalition work crews piece together their latest stronghold. Though it was impossible to see through the snowy haze, he knew that monstrous spires of metal were rising all throughout the elliptical basin that Meltdown had formed days earlier. Soon the framework would be complete, and the construction effort would turn toward paneling the walls of this metallic fortress.After pouring over some of Doctor Danger’s old concepts for base schematics, Mr. Mystery and Grand Cross had combined some of the Doctor’s ideas with their own, creating a new kind of base that could be credited to both. When it was completed, the newest Coalition Headquarters would be powered by the ambient Omega Radiation given off by its inhabitants, a near-constant source of energy. The floor plans encompassed everything, from laboratories to hangars, training rooms to living quarters; they also included an impressive podium in the center of a three-story council chamber, lined with balconies and enough viewing space for nearly a quarter of the Coalition. All of these features were to be contained within a sleek metallic exterior, thick thermal plating regulating both inner and outer temperatures.As much as it bothered the Coalition members diligently building their new headquarters, the artificial blizzard masking the construction site was a necessary evil. Until the base was safely buried beneath the surface by feet of snow and ice, there was a risk that the League could stumble across them, even this far into the Arctic. Normally an immobile blizzard would be cause to investigate, but in the wake of the alien invasion Earth’s weather patterns had been drastically altered; the Armada Mothership’s shadow had rapidly cooled half of the planet for an entire week, and the sudden return of the natural circadian rhythm when it left had wreaked havoc with the weather. A blizzard where a blizzard didn’t belong meant nothing any more, and until it struck inhabited areas the League was likely to simply ignore it.Mr. Mystery nodded in approval as he gazed up at a pyrokinetic welding two pieces of metal together. At a workstation nearby, a ferrokinetic was molding another piece of metal, as dictated to him by sheets of blueprints that Coalition architects had drawn at the founders' command. It was an interesting but little known fact that the Coalition had an entire architectural division; some SuperHumans who shared the Coalition’s beliefs, but whose powers were useless in battle, held themselves apart for times like this, when their talents could be of value to the organization. Others were active members who were willing to lend a helping hand and made a point of learning the various techniques of building the bases they would later occupy. Their collective abilities had been put to the test over the Coalition’s many years of operation, and time-and-again they had proven able to pull off architectural miracles in very short periods of time.Leaving the menial laborers behind, Mr. Mystery trundled through the snow and the wind toward the heart of the construction site. A vibrant orange glow reflected off of the snow long before he could see its source – a massive machine of pipes, glass chambers, engines and other mechanics. Two figures, one wearing a thick gray parka and ski pants, the other in a heavy black coat and hat, moved methodically around the machine.“No, you need to attach that to the catalytic radiation oscillator,” the man in black said, his pale white face stern but patient behind a pair of coal black goggles. He motioned toward a mass of wires that was snaking this way and that under the technopathic control of the woman in the parka.“But if I don’t hook the main energy output valve to the power containment field, then there won’t be a failsafe in place to prevent an overload, Rubix,” the woman argued. “They need to be connected to ensure that they only work in conjunction with each other, and aren’t overfeeding radiation through the system.”Rubix shook his head. “Modem, if you connect those two the power containment field will falter, causing radiation backup in the matrix converter. If you wire the main energy output valve through the catalytic radiation oscillator, you can then connect both the oscillator and the influx motor to the overload recognition processor and the overarching shutdown circuits. The excessive power adjustment tank and the emergency backup generators will handle the overflow and restart the system under standard conditions. Honestly, it’s easier and saves wear and tear on the entire system.”Modem frowned, looking at Rubix. “I wouldn’t have thought to do that.”Rubix tapped the side of his head. “Superhuman technological intuition,” he said with a smile. “I may not be able to control machinery, but I can understand it like few others can.”“Which is why you are so valuable to the Coalition,” Mr. Mystery said, startling both engineers. “I see you two are making progress. How long before you think you can have this operational?”“One week, Mr. Mystery,” Rubix said, straightening from a bow. “A week and a half, tops.”“I trust by then that the thermal regulators will be working?” Mr. Mystery inquired.“The thermal regulators will be operational long before the central power system,” Modem replied. “We’re starting them on the emergency backup generators, along with the lights and basic electronics. Everything else requires the central system to be running. In the event of a system failure or an outage, we wanted to make sure that those were the circuits that remained functioning.”“Excellent,” Mr. Mystery said. “We need to have the base buried before the week is out, and with the necessities ready and working we can keep everything else on schedule. Keep working, then.”“It is always an honor to serve,” Rubix said, bowing again. Modem rolled her eyes before turning back to the machine.“Now, you want me to hook the main energy output valve to the catalytic radiation oscillator?”“Exactly,” Rubix said, studying the device.Mr. Mystery watched them for a moment, then trudged off into the blizzard again. He still had half of the base to inspect before he was off to check the Coalition’s membership registry. Then there were agents to contact, projects to catch up on…There was hardly a moment of peace to be found since taking command of the Coalition. And Mr. Mystery wouldn't have it any other way.~Lord Rahl~

Kaname raised his hands in surrender, "I can tell you my only Goal is to find Zeke, no angles, and no other plans I assure you.."Kaname counted up his fingers... "Ah...yeah Four of you would give me a harder time that normal." he held up the card, fully showing what picture it was, it had a sword on it. "This is my weapon, hopefully it'll be of use." Kaname knew that they might not understand how a Card with a image on it would help, but they'll find out.

odstreflect.png

IC(NPC):

Aleutian Islands

26 days after the invasion

The cave stunk of damp. Slimy green moss lined its jagged edges, glowing softly in the light of various computer screens. A mishmash of machinery had been assembled in the cave’s centre. A figure stood before it, dressed in emerald-coloured armour. A few pipes and some sort of ventilator pump were fastened to the suit, making it clear that it was more than just a costume.The man was Thomas Craydon, former CEO of a pharmaceutical corporation called MediCo, but better known to the world as The Twister. He had many complex theories about the Human evolutionary path, although the crux of it was his belief that SuperHumans were the next evolutionary step. To this end he had created an ‘Omega Bomb’ that was designed to both create new SuperHumans and kill off those without powers. Though that plan had been thwarted - twice - and at great cost to his own personal wellbeing, hence the life-support suit he now wore - he had certainly not given up, and had been working fervently on a new Project Genesis for some time now.In one corner, beside a small pool of dark water, stood another armoured figure. His armour was designed with a scorpion motif, complete with stinger tail and claws. This was Scorpius, a former crime lord who was now The Twister’s only remaining loyal ally. The two of them were forgotten villains, having made a brief mark on the world and then vanished, believed dead.But a sudden disturbance in the pool of water indicated that this belief was not held universally. Scorpius staggered back as the water burst outwards, allowing an egg-shaped vehicle to breach the surface. A stylised ‘CoC’ was painted on its side. One of its hatches opened up with a hiss and a man stepped out. Scorpius bristled, preparing to launch an energy blast from the tip of his tail, when the man suddenly transformed into a Triceratops, ramming Scorpius with a bellow. The Twister spun around, ducking behind a computer as Scorpius crashed into the delicate machinery. There was a shower of sparks and then silence. A dribble of blood indicated the Villain’s fate.Another man stepped out of the submarine. He was wearing an indigo and white supersuit, with a sweeping cape, high collar and cross-shaped mask. The Triceratops reverted back to its human form as he marched forwards.“Good evening, Mr. Craydon, although I suppose it would be hard for you to tell,” murmured Grand Cross, glancing at the cave’s ceiling.“Wh-who are you? How did you find me?” The Twister demanded, standing up. His life-support suit made a faint gsshhp sound.“My name is Grand Cross. I recently became one of the Coalition of Corruption’s new leaders. Truth be told, they had been keeping an eye on you for some time, although the order was not to act against you until you made a move.“I will keep this simple. I am here to offer you a place in our organisation. Your scientific skills will be of much use to us. Accept and you will be treated well, and your past abuse of our services will go ignored. Refuse, and this cave, and everything in it, shall be no more.”The Twister was quiet for a while. He glanced at Scorpius’ gored body, and the Dinosaur-morphing SuperVillain who was watching him warily.“I-I don’t share your views, you know. I don’t want to rule anything. My only interest is the advancement of human survival, regardless of any ethical or moral boundaries! I’m only a ‘SuperVillain’ because the League declared me so!”“You do, in fact, share my views Mr. Craydon,” Grand Cross corrected. “You believe that SuperHumans are a more elite facet of humanity. You wish to create a world where everyone is a SuperHuman. So do I. And if you join the Coalition then that is all that will be asked of you - to devote your time and considerable genetic prowess to the goal you were working towards anyway. We can acquire any resources you need, regardless of rarity or cost.”The Twister took a few moments to think again. “Wh-when Project Genesis failed the first time, I was poisoned by a concentrated burst of Omega Radiation. I’ve got a year of life left, tops.”“We have scientists that may be able to remedy that.”The Twister looked again to Scorpius’ body, and the machinery that had been damaged in his wake. He sighed, feeling more than just the weight of his armour on his shoulders. This wasn’t really a choice at all - in this tiny cave in the middle of nowhere, with a strict time limit and all on his own, how could he ever hope to make a difference for the benefit of human prosperity?“All right,” said The Twister. “I’ll join the Coalition…”

Edited by Kumata

IC: Plasmafire and Magneta looked at each other, weighing the options. Magneta shrugged and said, "I'm still new to the League, this one's on you Plas." Plasmafire sighed and looked at Fade. "I say we give him a chance." He looked at Kaname and raised an eyebrow. "But one wrong move, and you're outta here, okay? I don't think I trust you yet." As Plasmafire was talking, Magneta overheard Saosin and Surge talking, and her journalistic instinct kicked in. "Hey, Plas, Fade? I think I might go with these guys... It seems like you might have this under control anyway."

IC: Magneta blushed a little and shrugged. "Sorry Fade. I'm a reporter though, And this sounds like a story to me."

IC:"Eh, don't worry about it too much. The Commissioner's calling on the Batphone, you gotta go. Probably likely nothing's gonna happen in that lab anyway," said Fade, before turning to his rapidly dwindled party. "So, unless anyone else wants to take off, how about we get going?"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

Kaname's ears perked a little, if one of the people going leaves...oh well he's not like that. "A Reporter? huh..." He didnt know if Magnetism effected him in his Lightning form..he never fought someone like that in his long years.he stared at the other man, who he has yet to have met and nodded, this guy didnt look like one to be a pushover. Then there was his other mission... Yeah...X is the one to find too..for my revenge...He looked at the League building, "Oh my, this place brings memories..." He shook his head, "I'm ready when you are."

odstreflect.png

IC: As Magneta walked away, Plasmafire turned to look at his new companions. "Well, I'm ready to go if you guys are. Where are we headed, Fade?"IC: Magneta walked towards Saosin and Surge and smiled as she approached. "Hello guys. I heard something about a break in at the police station? Can I offer any help?"

IC:"The entrance to the lab is in an abandoned building on the lower East Side," said Fade. "I've been there.before, so I know.where it is. I assume Wingman has been briefed on that as well. Just let us lead the way." With that Fade burst into a run, hooking his grappler around a lamppost and propelling himself onto a nearby rooftop. Wingman followed as well, razor-sharp wings unfurling as he took to the sky. [For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.