To Save The World!

I also immediatly dislike Mystic since the "blind but can see through their power" was a gimmick I was going to use for one of my NPC's. Today just isn't my day *is grumpy*

OOC: To be fair, Mystic was already a semi-recurring NPC for a while now, so the similarities would have still been there either way. :shrugs:But don't worry, you can still salvage the guy, he just needs a few tweaks. Let's see... we've already got a blind psychic, a deaf psychic, a paralyzed psychic, that leaves... uh... a psychic with no sense of smell? No taste buds? All I've got, sorry.IC:The darkness was coming once again, and this time Fade didn't think he could fight it. By this point, he wasn't even sure he wanted to. He'd gotten them this far, fought a blasted war just to get to this point, given everything in his power - literally, considering that phasing stunt and all - to see the team to safety. Fade had confidence they'd be able to make it this last leg, and if they didn't, at least he gave it his all. Fade could die comfortably in the knowledge he'd at least tried.No, wait. Screw that.Fade forced his eyes open, eying one of Esp's stolen lasers, knocked to the ground by the latest impact. What use was all that effort even for, if he wasn't going to see it through to the end? He'd see the others to safety, then he could worry about dying. Fighting every urge to lay down and die, Fade started to drag himself across the floor, fingers clasped around the laser as if it were the only thing in the world left to cling to. He pulled himself to the wall, grasping with one arm for support.And slowly, fighting aching, splitting pain with every movement, Fade hauled himself back up to his feet.Even after all that, just staying up right was a monumental effort. Fade staggered back down towards the ramp, nearly collapsing a few times. But Fade knew he couldn't let that happen; he didn't have the strength to pull himself back up again, and then there was no option other than death. Propping himself against the wall for support, Fade aimed the laser out the ramp, towards the oncoming missiles. He couldn't do anything about the debris, he couldn't risk another phase like that. He'd just have to hope Loadstone or one of the others could clear a safe path.Fade took aim with the laser, pointed at the closest of the oncoming missiles. Thankfully, despite its alien design the controls were easy enough to understand; they probably had to be, considering they were meant for Technax's drones. Fade let forth a burst of plasma, spraying bolts of light towards the oncoming missile, aiming to detonate it early, damage the tracking system, blow out its engines, anything to get it off their tale. In this instance, Fade's shaky aim was working in his favor; its tracking systems would no doubt avoid the first few shots, but the wide, erratic spray of Fade's shooting meant it was unlikely to dodge one bolt without flying straight into another.[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: How about no more psychics and a wider variety of interesting powers?IC: Sluice was knocked into the wall, then the floor as Esp swerved and shuddered under the laser strike of the siege tower. Her chest was hurting all over, and it was an effort to get back to her feet - let alone stay on them, given how Esp was still veering madly to and fro. The craft continued to rock as exploding debris and laser fire glanced off of its sides."E... everyone, take a position you're comfortable with!" Said Sluice as loud as she could muster, yet only just audible over the noise of their chaotic escape. She had stopped forming mist now - her new concern was gently forming coatings of ice around the feet of everybody on-board, herself included, in order to anchor them all in place...

Edited by Kumata

OOC: Oh! See, with the Mothership as big as it is, I wasn't sure where they were at by now - for a while it sounded like they were at the final stretch and the Seige Walker was blocking their way out, in which case Shard would probably see it from the outside (considering he's actually been heading back toward the ship as best he can since the explosion, to see what happened to the others). But yeah, too far inside, got it. My bad.IC: When the Seige Tower exploded, Scorchmark's eyebrow rose behind the visor. Considering every single shot went wide of the admittedly-sizeable main gun (a marksman he was not) that really shouldn't have worked - he'd been hoping that, by sending the missiles down the barrel, he would damage something internal and cause it to jam or break or something. To be honest the whole thing could have been better thought out, but it's not like he had a lot of options. The surge of energy cleared up the mystery, though - it had nothing at all to do with his poorly-aimed missiles. The ship just blew a hole in a lucky spot. Well, lucky if you didn't count all the debris, but that's what Lodestone was looking into. In the meantime, not liking to sit around, he tossed the empty rocket launcher out the door and grabbed something else: One of the wide-bore shotguns used by the elite troopers. He knelt down by the entrance and aimed as best he could. If one of those missiles made it past Fade's barrage, he would pull the trigger and detonate it as far from the ship as the range on this thing would allow. The shockwave might still do some damage, but better than getting it smashed against the hull.XH-DX

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: Two things in this post:First, I know I said I wanted to wait till the timeskip, but I changed my mind. Is there anyone who I can dramatically and heroically save, or will I have to wait till the timeskip?Second, the more I think about it, the more I think that I need to specify some of what I believe Surge's control of energy entails, specifically, limited mind reading and control, and limited phasing. The mind reading and control are both extremely prone to error, as they depend completely on Surge being able to interpret and manipulate the electrical signals in the brain (electricity being a form of energy). He is incredibly inexperienced at this, and doesn't use it often, as misinterpretations result in very awkward situations. Also, it is very hard for him to retain control over someone's mind, as their conciousness is still active and fights him. The phasing is a side effect of being made of energy. He can pass through solid objects, but some eaiser than others. Metal is easy because it's a conductor, rubber, not so much. It also drains quite a bit of energy for him to do that, because he loses some in the transfer.Basically, he's a jack of all trades, and master of only one. Namely, energy blasts and constructs.

Woah woah woah, mind reading/control? Thats not energy control, thats psychic power. Its a whole different skillset. Knowing what electrical signals are firing in someones head won't tell you their actual thoughts. The phasing I already imagined he could do, as an intangible energy figure, but you can't stick mind powers in there as well

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: 'Fraid I can't really think of any good plots to jump into, Joe. The fact the Technax finale is taking place out in space pretty much locks new players out of participating in it, and most of the planetside plots already wrapped up because, honestly, we weren't expecting the forums to go down for several months.And KN, I'd like to add that I really hope the "psychic with no taste-buds" didn't come across as anything other than a joke. I don't have any problems with a few psychics running around (clearly, seeing as I just made one a player character :rolleyes: ), but obviously if everyone's psychokinetic and stuff it's just gonna get dull for the characters who aren't.IC:Mystic felt the rumble of the elevator descended, arms crossed impatiently. Outside, all eyes were turned towards the massive ball of light which had lit up the night sky - of course, when Mystic said all eyes were looking at it, she knew this for a fact. Somewhere, out there in the blackness of space, events were no doubt unfolding that would decide the fate of the planet, but whether it bode salvation or annihilation was something she couldn't say. Either way, it was beyond Mystic's control.So, she'd kept herself busy with whatever business she could find. It wasn't much, but they could be minutes away from Armagedeon; at the very least she was doing something when it all ended. She'd been busy the rest of the war, helping coordinate engagements on the frontline. But with the bulk of Technax's forces gone and the majority of the fighting over, her tactical services were no longer necessary. There were survivors to help and cities to rebuilt, but proper reconstruction efforts couldn't get underway until the last remnants of the robot army were disposed of.So Mystic found herself assigned to deal with an unexplained case that had just come to the League's attention. Some kind of bizarre incident in Hungary, there some kid at the middle of it, the League had taken him to a holding facility... Mystic wished she had more to go on here, but with the war going on quality reporting had fallen somewhat to the wayside. Still, she had to assess whether this kid represented some sort of threat. For all they knew he was part of some plan by Technax, and even if he wasn't there was an untold number of supervillains poised to take advantage of the chaos.Standing next to her was a superhero by the name of Freebird, sent by the League to serve as protection in case the kid proved dangerous, and more important, to serve as Mystic's eyes. The doors to the elevator opened, and Mystic took a few uncertain steps outside. When she was in a crowd she had enough viewpoints to piece together a good idea of her environment, but here she just had Freebird to rely on, which was a little like trying to walk around a room using only footage from a security camera. It was possible, but there was still a lot of guesswork with regards to spatial reasoning. Still, she did her best not to let those shortcomings show; it wouldn't be very dignified if she ended up stumbling down the corridor."Uh... excuse me, ma'am," Freebird asked as they reached the door to the holding cell, "if you need me to come in with you... I mean, we don't know anything about this kid, could be dangerous... not to mention, you, well...""I'll be fine, his eyes are just as good as any. I'll call you if things get hairy," she said. "Uh... he does have eyes, right?""To the best of my knowledge, ma'am," nodded Freebird. Mystic could sense he was displeased with the implication that he was only here for his eyes, but Freebird was polite enough not to mention it.He swung the door open, letting Mystic enter before locking it shut behind her, just in case the subject was plotting some sort of escape. Mystic could see herself enter through the eyes of the subject within; her every move was proper and professional, looking more like a businesswomen than a superhero. Mystic opened her mind a little to try and skim the surface thoughts of the subject's mind. Not enough to invade his privacy - she didn't want to risk him panicking - but more than enough to tell if he was going to lie to her."Hello... my name is Mystic, I work for the League of Salvation... you know what the League is, right?" she asked, her voice just a little to matter-of-fact to be truly comforting. "Now, can you tell me a little about yourself? Do you have a name? Do you remember anything about what happened before you came here?"[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: How about no more psychics and a wider variety of interesting powers?

OOC: Sounds like a job for Jelly Man 8).... but are you saying psychic's aren't interesting? ;'( *Silver curls up in fetal postion and cries self to sleep*My NPC idea isn't actually psychic (a non-psychic from me, must be the apocalyspe), but the chances of it being the same kind of premise was so low...Now, as for those wanting to get into the essentially non-existant at present action.... is there anything wrong with ICing now, but setting these IC's AFTER the timeskip? Really, introducing yourselves then flashing foward a month is just wasted potential, and I see no issue with this suggestion as the actual fine details of the Mothership destruction will only effect those involved in that plot: in short, it goes kaboom, Earth is saved, any the remains of the army on the surface still functioning go into hiding with orders under the ocean's surface. This plot has been going on forever, and it's long overdue to end (which'll be within.... 2 or 3 IC's? Epilogue sort of counts, as well as any musings of the group), so to me it seems a lot more convient for the invasion group to catch up to the "present", rather than everyone have to wait for a month to pass ICly.Thoughts?IC: The missles served and barrelled through the air in an effort to dodge the assault, two being caught up in the hail of weapons fire and exploding, while a third was caught in the explosive destruction of those. The two remaining missles rapidly closed in, dancing around one another as they avoided the attacks. Scorchmark had an excellent shot on the pair as they came together but was thrown far off mark as the horrible screech of metal grinding on metal filled the air, Esp unable to keep a level course in a area with debris far too large for Loadstone to move far enough."Your one shot is just ahead! Shard, you had better be moving towards Earth as fast as possible as we don't have any time to slow our velocity... if you're moving too slow you're tear a hole right through me and I promise to survive and make your life as miserable as possible if that happens!" Esp communicated to Shard's comlink, assuming he hadn't foolishly lost it in the void. Her recommendation to the others was a exceedingly narrow path in the debris up ahead, sparks flying as they managed to narrowly squeeze through completely on their side: the pair of missles meanwhile streaked closer, but side by side and neither allowing the other first passage... their attempts to dodge would be severely crippled once they hit the narrow path.At an uncomfortable distance the green glow of the central explosion poured into the entrance of their escape route, the huge orb of energy having consumed the majority of the Mothership. The saucer was rocked by explosions and huge fragments seperated and sailed off into space as the four main power systems were comprimised, but still it grew, almost as if it wouldn't be satisifed until it consumed all the heroes as well.

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Woah woah woah, mind reading/control? Thats not energy control, thats psychic power. Its a whole different skillset. Knowing what electrical signals are firing in someones head won't tell you their actual thoughts. The phasing I already imagined he could do, as an intangible energy figure, but you can't stick mind powers in there as well

OOC: Hm. I thought it made sense that he would be able to figure out thoughts from the electrical signatures....That's why I thought I should mention it, instead of keeping it to myself. Glad I did, now I can drop the mind reading.What about the limited and very prone to error mind control? That's simply manipulating the electrical signals to make someone do something.

OOC: Hm. I thought it made sense that he would be able to figure out thoughts from the electrical signatures....That's why I thought I should mention it, instead of keeping it to myself. Glad I did, now I can drop the mind reading.What about the limited and very prone to error mind control? That's simply manipulating the electrical signals to make someone do something.

OOC: Sounds to me that would manifest as motor control - controlling their body but not their mind. IMO that might be interesting but it's just a suggestion.Transairion, I don't have a problem with psychics! I just think it's dull when everyone's got the same power. I'm trying to encourage creativity. :PIC: Sluice steadied herself as Esp rocked even more wildly. Thankfully the ice around her ankles was doing its job of holding her in place. The glow of the onrushing explosion was growing stronger as it gained on them - not to mention all the minor explosions resulting for the various laser fire being sent to and from them. There was really nothing for her to do now but hope they made it out before that expanding sphere of energy did...

What about the limited and very prone to error mind control? That's simply manipulating the electrical signals to make someone do something.

OOC: I'd hardly describe anything involved with the manipulation of the brain "simple"; there's a reason brain surgeon is such a high paying profession. :P Now, as to the success suggested, I have my doubts. Sure, there's electrical signals traveling through the nervous system, but the brain is able to decode information from these signals and act accordingly. Without that, a surge of electricity is far more likely to just cause a sudden loss of motor control. It could be possible if your character had enough understanding of electricity to know which signals gave what commands but, considering the intricate complexities of the brain, that would probably require phenomenally minute control over his powers (which, given you've stated his powers are pretty inaccurate, he probably doesn't have).That said, I do kinda like the idea of motor control as KN suggested, so the idea has some merit.IC:As the ship lurched, Fade was nearly flung clear off the ship. Thankfully, he'd set up his grappler for the express purpose of securing himself - and, although he wouldn't admit it, just so he could still stand upright. He raised an arm to shield his eyes from the glare of the all-consuming eruption from the heart of the Mothership; had the explosion not occurred in the vacuum of space, Fade was certain he'd have gone deaf. As the blast drew closer Fade was bothered by the fact that, in what might be his final moments, he found himself concerned that this was the second alien invasion he'd fought that ended in the destruction of the alien spaceship involved. Countless advances for science were probably lost with it... although in this case, Fade figured the Earth was probably worth the loss.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Ugh, sorry for the delay in posting. I've been a bit busy, and then when I finally get time to post the site decides to go down again. :rolleyes: Let's see if I can catch up -@TPTI - About the Green Lantern thing, for some odd reason I was thinking of energy constructs, not energy-to-matter. So it was basically a moot point.@Trans - The only thought that I have about the timeskip is that KN and I have 11 posts that we're planning on setting during the skipped month, which could very well affect some things happening afterward. I would say that people with Coalition PCs should probably wait for those before making any assumptions about the Coalition in general.@the whole psychics ordeal, I think that the "psychic" powerset still has a lot of potential that hasn't been tapped into yet. Technically speaking, my 2nd bonus character (who I'll post now) has a variation of psychic powers.Real Name: Nicholas SuarezAlias: PsionickAppearance: A tan-skinned man with chocolate brown eyes and thick black hair. Generally wears a black track suit. Generates a suit of glowing psionic armor around himself that closely resembles a knight’s; the color of the armor changes according to his mood, but it is white by default.Power: Can create psionic armor around himself, formed from a durable, glowing psychic energy that does not take physical damage. Psionick’s armor is a physical manifestation of his consciousness; blows to the armor assail his mind, instead of denting or breaking the armor. Repetitive damage to a certain area of his armor does begin to affect the pain receptors of that part of his body, however.Psionick can also generate bolts of psionic energy, wisps of incorporeal psychic energy which affect a target mentally. The effects of these bolts can range from sharp mental pain to a dull headache to simply scrambling a person’s thoughts.Allegiance: Solo HeroArea: San Francisco, CaliforniaBio: Growing up, Nicholas was always more emotional than his older sister Monique. Whether this meant that he was joyful, enraged, or just upset, his emotions ran very close to the surface, while Monique always maintained a tough, I-can-take-anything attitude. She was always very protective of Nicholas, and he looked up to her as his protector.Even as adults, and as SuperHeroes, Psionique was always the calm, collected one, while Psionick was brash and emotionally driven. Though they weren’t necessarily a team, per say, Psionique always made sure to watch out for her younger brother, to prevent him from doing anything too dangerous or reckless.After his sister’s death, Psionick has completely let himself go, drinking himself into a stupor more often than not. Without his sister’s guiding presence, he has become more reckless, less concerned about his own welfare, and a less effective Hero overall. ----Ironically, the character "Psionique" was originally called "Mystic" when I cameoed her a while back. After CoKK introduced his Mystic I changed the name, from which I drew inspiration for this character. So, in a round-about way, thanks CoKK. :PIC: (Loadstone)Loadstone seemed to be faring better than the others with Esp's shudders, having magnetized one of his boots to the floor and the other to a wall; in essence, he was down on one knee, propping himself against the floor as he scrunched his face up in concentration. He had managed to clear a sizeable path through the debris field for Esp. Granted, he could have molded some of the larger pieces so that they weren't a hindrance as the craft flew by, but at the speeds they were going it would have been a waste of time and would have prevented him from tackling the next debris.He did, however, try to force the narrow chasm that they were now passing through open wide enough for Esp to pass through, though the strain was not even remotely equivelant to his success.Having to sense the metal as he did, he was totally absorbed in his task. He was oblivious to the approaching missiles, as well as the explosion that seemed to be gaining on them...IC: (Aquarius)Aquarius climbed up into the control booth for the crane, and was hidden from view for several long minutes before the crane activated. Haltingly it began swinging to the wrong side before moving toward Hivemind's truck. Clearly Aquarius didn't know much about what he was doing...~Lord Rahl~

Ironically, the character "Psionique" was originally called "Mystic" when I cameoed her a while back. After CoKK introduced his Mystic I changed the name, from which I drew inspiration for this character. So, in a round-about way, thanks CoKK. :P

OOC: Man, I'm just screwing up everyone's day, aren't I? GO ME! :biggrin:IC:Hivemind glanced up at the crane moved back and forth. She didn't like the look of this; this could only end in whacky hijinks of the sort that ended with a truck at the bottom of the harbor. And that was Hivemind's least favorite kind of hijink. She poked her head out of the truck and waved up to the crane."Oi, Waterboy!" she shouted, not entirely sure if he could even hear her, but also not entirely caring. "If you end up dumping this in the bay, I'm gonna drag you along while I go kill another Inferno Walker. Don't even think I'm joking, I'll do it!"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Whoa... Okay, so this is different... Any way I can rejoin this? I'm actually going to stay this time. Promise.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Knowing there is electrical energy in the brain just lets you know there is electrical energy in the brain. Well done. Its not like they spell out in morse code what the subject is thinking. And given that you're character isn't a neurosurgeon, its not like he'll even know what electric impulses in specific areas mean. How is Surge supposed to know the difference between the pons and the hypothalamus?

OOC: Motor control it is then, if TPTI agrees. And it will still remain inaccurate, which should make for some funny situations.

Basic motor control at best. Making people twitch or blink and so on. No putting people to sleep.Also, probably best you PM me with any other powers you think Surge would have that you neglected to put in his profile

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: The whole motor-control thing seems interesting, given that it would likely just be simple things - gross motor control. Theoretically*, you could cause something similar to a grand mal seizure with enough effort, or you could simply trip them up by causing a muscle in the leg to contract at the wrong time, but you would be unable to make them, say, do sign language or push a button with any accuracy.*Theoreticaly, meaning, real-world considerations or not, TPtI would have to sign off on the idea. Myself, I'd be a bit wary of the seizure bit, because while a neurophysical blue-screen is the easiest thing to trigger with a burst of electrical energy, it's also a bloody potent weapon."Oh, look at me! I'm going to go activate the doomsday hurdygurdyfiggisfiddisseizuresounds."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC:Real name: Ken Orkoa.Alias: Plasmafire.Appearance: About 6'1", a bit on the skinny side. blue eyes covered by thick glasses whin in 'civillian mode', and orange eyes in 'super mode'. When a civillian, he has shoulder length brown hair but whebn he powers up it turns into a raging fire atop his head. He always has a neatly trimmed goatee, and five long scars down the right side of his face, a memento from a fight with a shapeshifter. He wears a mostly orange jumpsuit with a black belt, boots, and fingerless gloves. The most distinctive thing about his suit, other than the heat activated threatds that turn his regular clothes into a supersuit, is a black curcle with a flaming 'P' on his chest.Power: "Advanced pyrokinesis". He can create and control not only fire, but plasma, superheated ionized gas.Allegiance: League.Area: Atlantic City, NJ.Bio: Ken grew up in a small family, only him and his mother. His father had been a famous hero, but had disappeared shortly after Ken's birth. His mother taught him everything she could about his powers, and encouraged him to join the League to learn more and to help people. And help people he did. Soon he'd risen to Atlantic Citys 'token hero', the face of supers in the city. He'd done so by his adherance to justice. Not necessarily the governments justice, but his own inner moral compass. He always took care to never hurt people, and to look out for the greater good. "The needs of the many outwiegh the needs of the few", as he's been known to quote. He's not the kind of hero gto get caught up in a major ethical dillema when confronted with a no-win scenario; he will always choose what's most important to him. He's usually quite level-headed, strange for a pyro, but watch out! This is one hero you don'y want to make angry! Threaten his friends or those close to him, and you light a very short fuse!OOC: Hey... In the previous incarnation I also had a second character bonus. Does that carry over? If not, that's fine, I'd just like to know.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Hey... In the previous incarnation I also had a second character bonus. Does that carry over? If not, that's fine, I'd just like to know.

OOC: Hey TK! Even better - you're granted whatever bonus characters you had before over the allotted number of characters, which has now been bumped up to two. So, in essence, you get Plasmafire and two other PCs. :)IC: (Aquarius)Whether Aquarius could actually hear Hivemind or not wasn't readily apparant. The crane lurched its way toward the truck the same as it had, stopping just overhead. The implications of a sporadically-moving, massive machine hovering over the truck began to sink in as the crane began to move up instead of down...~Lord Rahl~ Edited by Lord Rahl

Also, probably best you PM me with any other powers you think Surge would have that you neglected to put in his profile

OOC: Will do, if I suddenly think of any more that I forgot...

OOC: The whole motor-control thing seems interesting, given that it would likely just be simple things - gross motor control. Theoretically*, you could cause something similar to a grand mal seizure with enough effort, or you could simply trip them up by causing a muscle in the leg to contract at the wrong time, but you would be unable to make them, say, do sign language or push a button with any accuracy.*Theoreticaly, meaning, real-world considerations or not, TPtI would have to sign off on the idea. Myself, I'd be a bit wary of the seizure bit, because while a neurophysical blue-screen is the easiest thing to trigger with a burst of electrical energy, it's also a bloody potent weapon."Oh, look at me! I'm going to go activate the doomsday hurdygurdyfiggisfiddisseizuresounds."

OOC: Yeah, I was just thinking like trying to make someone not push a button or hit a partner covertly, not real complicated, simple stuff. The extreme inaccuracy was to make sure he didn't use it much, as well as to make for some humorous situations. I was't thinking about seizures, but that means that Surge won't think of it either.

OOC: The problem is that covert control actually requires more effort than big, flailing motions, because it requires so much more precision.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Point of fact, someone with the very specific power of gross motor control would be pretty entertaining... Time to look up the names of famous people who worked with electroshock therapy.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Shadows is right. Controlling the brain via electrical impulses would be like programming a computer. The more you want to do, the more code you have to add, the more numbers you have to crunch. To make someone suddenly fling their arm would be a lot easier than making them pick up a spade and hit themselves

OOC: I meant Surge would be covert. They would (hopefully) have no idea why their arm just flung itself away from the button. Or into Joe's head. Or their head for that matter.

OOC: Quick question. If someone's power was motor control, and only motor control, could they make someone do the Thriller? With absolutely no other powers, can they be good enough at re-routing nerve impulses to make people do that?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Quick question. If someone's power was motor control, and only motor control, could they make someone do the Thriller? With absolutely no other powers, can they be good enough at re-routing nerve impulses to make people do that?

OOC: You just want to make a villain who goes around forcing people to do MJ dances, don't you. :P

OOC: Well, yes. A flambouyantly over-the-top manic fool with delusions of grandeur adequacy would be so much fun.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Okay, so here's my other two characters now that I know I can! :DReal name: Leah Nahal.Alias: Magneta.Appearance: Just under 6 feet tall, with long, frizzy, bright red hair. She has green eyes and a perpetual smile. She wears purple, loose, flowing clothes and deeper purple high heeled boots.Power: Metal and magnetic manipulation.Allegiance: League.Area: No specific area, her job takes her all over.Bio: Leah grew up in a household where her parents encouraged power growth. She always wanted to be a hero, however her father tried to discourage that, being a former villain. So, she ended up running away when she was young, and finding a new home in Atlantic City. As she grew up, she became friends with Ken Orkoa, and he helped her develop her powers. He also got her a job at the ISNN as a travelling newscaster. Due to the stress of her job, wanting to be a hero, and trying to keep a secret identity, she eventually revealled her true identity to the world, although she still goes by Magneta when she's superhero-ing.Real name: He hasn't decided yet, but for the time being he goes by 'Ken Orkoa'.Alias: Negafire.Appearance: He looks almost exactly like Plasmafire, with a few notable differences. The main one being his suit and the fire he produces are blue. As if someone took a picture of Plasmafire and developed the negative. Everything about him also has a sharper edge to it, a meaner look. He also carries two Japanese katana with serrated edges to them, and his chest emblem is an 'N' wreathed in blue flame.Power: Fire and plasma control.Allegiance: Coalition.Area: Anywhere he wants to be!Bio: Negafire was created after the incident with Iskusen Sakeme, when the ancient phsycic created Omega constructs of the heroes darkest parts of themselves. He was originally defeated by Plasmafire, but thanks to a drop of the pyrokinetics blood and a high level of backgfround Omega radiation, Negafire was reborn. He's spent the past months developing his powers and coming to terms with who he is. He's a much sharper version of Plasmafire, mainly out for his own fun most of the time. If it amuses him or furthers his plans, he does it. His main goal however, is to kill Plasmafire and distance himsxelf from the legacy of the hero.

IC:Figuring being inside the truck while Aquarius struggled to lower it into the ship ranked pretty highly on the list of bad ideas - although, really, it wouldn't be the most dangerous thing she did today - Hivemind burst from the cab in a swarm of hornets. She buzzed around the truck, keeping a careful eye on Aquarius's progress. If he bungled things up, she'd see to it he ended up fishing the truck from the bottom of the harbor; it was his area of expertise, after all...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: well, looks like i should stop procrastinating and actually post for once XDNOTE: first RP post on Bzpower in almost two years(maybe). Also, this is a random city, since i do0nt know where anyone is right now lolIC: "So..you dont know where this man in the Picture is right now?" said a very irritated voice. The Voice belonged to a man with long silver hair and black-gray clothing. This is Kaname."no i dont-" the man was knocked out by Kaname and he walked away out of the Alley of some city.Lets turn the clock around a little. A while back (few Months ago???) a Solo hero by the name of Zeke was traveling around. He was seen in some battles and just suddenly just vanished off the face of the earth. Two others, Eli and a man named Zaxon had also vanished. These two Kaname didnt know, but through his information gathering he found out that these three vanished pretty much on the same day.For for a while now Kaname has been looking for signs of them, but looking for Zeke more than the other two. Geez...just like the last lead, just a stupid dead end..gah.. Kaname walked on not really caring who he ran into, not like they could do much anyway. Kaname looked at a card and smirked, no one would have expected a card to be a feared weapon. Kaname shoved it back into his hidden pocket and walked. People around him looked at him strangely but he didnt care/He actually was wondering is anyone would mistaken him as a Villain...maybe cause of the clothes he wore.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

OOC: Oops, sorry Ken; I've been meaning to respond to you for a while. Currently, the majority of PCs are escaping the exploding Technax Armada Mothership in space. Pretty much everyone else is waiting for the pre-planned timeskip after the invasion is over before they start posting. (It should be within the next page or so.) Not much in the way of interaction at the moment.On the musical note, (no pun intended) I've thought that we should have a Pied Piper-esque character for quite some time now...IC: (Aquarius)The crane lowered onto the truck, squashing the vehicle slightly before gripping onto it. With an audible groan it lifted the truck and began rotating on its axis, haltingly moving toward the container ship. The dismembered chunks of the Inferno Walker rattled inside the truck like dice in a cup, just adding to the sense that something was not going to go as planned...~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Sorry for the massive delay! I got Skyrim and, well, it's friggin' addictive. I'll spare you the details. IC: Shard heard the message from Esp and, after briefly wondering how he was able to hear it in space or, considering his inner ear was solid diamond and possibly nonexistent, hear anything at all, he took to following her advice and zoomed down toward the Earth. Full speed ahead! As predicted, the heat of reentry wasn't much of a big deal - the volcanic heat and pressure that diamonds endured during formation made even it seem merely uncomfortable. Not that he personally had ever endured such heat, but he was currently plummeting through layers of cloud and felt just a bit hot under the collar, so it seemed to work out. Now hopefully it was fast enough...*H-D*NPC: Scorchmark did not have magnetized feet or a grapple attached, but it seemed Sluice was taking care of that - the ice layer she'd formed around his feet kept him from being tossed out more than once. Not that having inch-thick ice around his bare feet was exactly comfortable, but Schorchmark wasn't the complaining sort. He might have just started, though, when the narrow corridor they were in kept him from getting a clear shot at the missiles - or any kind of shot at all, really. So he settled for the only other thing he could do and punched Lodestone in the shoulder. "Missiles, wake up!" Another thing he doesn't do: Waste words. Especially when two smart missiles are careening down the corridor behind them, threatening to blow them all to smithereens.XH-DX

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Shard heard the message from Esp and, after briefly wondering how he was able to hear it in space

OOC: Well, technically, since the earpiece is attached to Shard's ear, the sonic vibrations can still reach him by traveling across his body. It'd probably be a little muffled, but he'd still be able to hear it. Science is upheld!IC:Hivemind buzzed up to the control tower, reforming herself next to Aquarius, She didn't think this would be enough startle him enough to hit some "drop the truck into the river" button, but she had such little confidence in his abilities at this point that it might be a possibility."Hey, Waterboy, you sure you got this?" she asked. "I mean, I know just about nothing about cranes, but watching this I'm getting the feeling you have, like, negative knowledge about this or something. Like, does one of your Sharkmen have a license to operate heavy machinery? 'Cause you might want him to take over this."[For Science!] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "I've got it" Isis spoke up, reaching out with her mind to shunt the two debris peices that they'd just narrowly slipped through far closer together... so close that two missles couldn't pass through together. But neither seemed willing, nor able to slow themselves to allow the other to pass, and thus they were forced to violently collide in the narrow space, destroying themselves and sending the outer edges of their explosion licking at the craft. There was a sudden rush of air as the atmosphere became non-existant, the gangplank forcing itself closed as, with the violent grinding of metal on metal, Esp shot out of the Mothership's hull."If anyone believes in any dieties, this is the time to be praying to them: the explosion's about to hit critical mass" Esp warned, releasing a burst of thrust from her engines to propel them even faster away from the Mothership... getting out was the hard part, outrunning the resulting fireworks was the simple bit. A viewscreen detailed what occured behind as they raced towards Earth; only the outer fringes of the mighty Armarda Mothership were still intact, crumpling inwards to the massive green mass of energy. As they too were consumed, the now huge orb itself collasped into itself, shrinking and shimmering brightly down to an impossibly small spec of light as it imploded.Then it exploded. It would have been the loudest thing to be heard in some time, had all the air not already been consumed, but the resulting explosion of green energy was still retina-scaldingly bright: even with the viewscreen set to pitchblack, the view of the expanding wave still harmed the heroes eyesight. It rippled outwards, lighting up half of the entire planet like another sun, and utterly destroying anything it met. Huge peices of Mothership debris that had broken off earlier, and would've called catacylismic impacts upon colliding with Earth, simply ceased to exist as the wave destroyed them, gaining huge ground on the escaping heroes. It raced towards them, towards Earth with it's huge circumference, threatening to utterly annilate all it touched.... but utter decimation could only be propelled so long.Several hundred meters from where it was about to consume Esp and all aboard the craft, the energy suddenly stopped as if it had hit a solid barrier. Then its path reversed, sweeping back to its point of origin to a bright, tiny speck then.... it was gone. The Armarda Mothership was competely gone, merely leaving the normal void of space where it had once occupied... nothing to betray the massive horrors and destruction that had occured there previously. Around Sluice's neck, the Crystal glowed briefly: then it was still once more, just another trinket. With Esp's systems damaged, their landing in one of the more remote areas, the Egytpian desert, was... rocky at best."Everyone functional?" she asked with a forced, tired tone to her voice (perhaps trying to fit in, given she was AI and was unlikely to feel weakened by exertion) as everyone picked themselves up from the floor, the ship having made a very lopsided crash landing... but at least they weren't upside down (unlike her LAST crash landing, but that's a whole other tale). Naturally, the AI was well aware of who was in what state via the implants she'd given those were willing: all were functional still and their owners fine.

...... except one.

Silver

Signal Lost. Signal Lost. Signal Lost.

The viewscreen that should have held Silver's biomonitor readings looped this status over and over again... every other was active and displaying, even those badly injured but.... this simply had nothing else it could find to display. Placed on a table analouge for return later, the hero's shattered glasses and bloodied cape peice could do nothing but sit there...OOC: This was my last IC before the epilouge, the timeskip starting after that post. So this pretty much marks the near end of the invasion: You've successfully destroyed the Mothership and saved the Earth from utter annilation! You all get medals!**Not really :P

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC:"...Ow."Seeing that they'd seemingly gotten themselves through the worst of it, Fade let himself collapse to the floor. He hurt all over, and he was pretty sure he'd coughed up far more blood than was considered healthy. He was feeling a lightly lightheaded from blood-loss, but at least he was still alive. He'd probably need to take a long rest after all this - normally an unthinkable possibility for him - but somehow he'd managed to get through all of that alive.Unlike, it seemed, certain other people. As he staggered to his feet again, Fade gave a solemn glance towards the viewscreen that should have been displaying Silver's biometrics. It was something that had been in the back of his mind for a while - he'd known just how unlikely it was to survive an explosion like that, especially at its epicenter - but there'd been far more pressing issues to deal with at the time. Now there was nothing else Fade could do but confront it.He quickly ran through odds in his head, thinking of any possible way the kid might have survived. Fade knew all about surviving impossible odds; heck, he himself had experience surviving being at the heart of a massive explosion. Of course, that explosion hadn't been larger than a continent... and he hadn't been in space. All things considered, the odds were pretty bleak. Even if there was some chance of survival, Fade wasn't about to voice it; now seemed more like a moment for silence. He took a nearby seat to rest a bit... but not before flashing a harsh glare in Isis's direction. Even if she couldn't read his mind, the look would have been enough to tell what Fade was thinking about her.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: The ice surrounding Sluice's ankles sublimated, though rather than pooling it jumped upwards, splashing gently across her sweat-and-grime covered face. With a shuddering sigh she stepped backwards, leaning against the metal wall and sliding down into a sitting position. In the wake of the landing silence had descended upon the heroes, filled only by the faint sounds of Esp's systems.Sluice sat quietly for a moment. She'd become reasonably numb to the patches of pain around her body, either due to adrenaline or exhaustion. She looked over to the biomonitor screens and read her own: grievous bruising, numerous cuts - some shallow and some deep - three fractured ribs, moderate dehrydration and a broken arm. Lovely. Then her gaze moved towards Silver's biomonitor. She stared at it for a minute before dropping her head into her cupped hands...

OOC: Sorry I've been out, but I've been playing the eponymous character in Dracula! Anyway, CoKK, if Mystic is accepted, sure! It'll be interesting, to say the least.

OOC: Actually, Mystic is approved, and I had a post with her a bit further up the page that was supposed to be directed at Ori, so feel free to respond to that.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.