To Save The World!

IC(Fellwyd): The Reaper's free foot was quickly caught by Fellwyd's free hand. At this point, the alien was wondering if he would end up just hanging in the air if he jumped while holding onto the villain. More seriously, he was wondering how angry the superhero helping him would be if he started twisting the Reaper's ankle until it snapped, but he wasn't really sure how to convey the question without cluing the Reaper in."How what?" the alien replied to the half-question, still trying to figure out how badly he could injure the Reaper without getting in trouble.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "I'm afraid that I didn't really have a question to ask of you," said The Reaper in mock apology, "I just wanted to keep you distracted." No sooner had he said these words did an icy-cold hand clap onto Fellwyd's shoulder. Then another, then another - several zombies had broken away from the main horde (which was still being subjected to Sarah's water funnels, as evidence by the splashing noise in the background) to grab Fellwyd. Their physical strength was next to nonexistent, but the smell they were giving off was vile. Plus they were smothering the alien, trying to scratch at him with their nails or shove their hands down his throat...

IC:"Oh, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Trust me on this one," Fade said. "But it is a lot better than dying young. You've noticed the nice lady is still pointing a crossbow at my head, right?"Longshot spun around, aiming to fire a shot at Kaname before he could decide to get up and help. Fade jumped into action, grabbing her arm and knocking the crossbow from her grip. He'd hoped that Longshot would realize she was presently outnumbered and weaponless, and maybe she'd stand down long enough for them to talk things over. Of course, he'd forgotten this was Longshot, who was only slightly less inclined to surrender than Fade himself; probably why they always got along just so fantastically.She kicked back at Fade, hitting him in the shin and knocking him off balance. Longshot yanked her arm forwards, pulling Fade fowards and flipping him over her back. He hit the ground hard, barely rolling out of the way as Longshot tried to bring a heavy boot down on his skull. Longshot's accuracy, he remembered, didn't merely apply to her skill with a crossbow; she knew exactly where to hit for the most damage, exactly what angle to strike from to knock an opponent of balance. Even if she was down one arm, Longshot was still more than capable of taking them in a fight.---Nearly killing the one person this entire mission revolved around not killing; forget the facepalming, that was definitely going in Hivemind's report to Grand Cross. At the moment, however, she was perfectly content to continue harassing the Secret Service agents with a flock of wasps. She'd been taking whatever roles kept her on the sidelines of this mission; scouting, diversions, general harassment, that sorta thing. Hivemind still had her reservations about the mission, so whatever jobs allowed her to participate in the kidnapping without actually participating in the physical act of kidnapping were more than okay for her.Still, she couldn't help but be a little impressed by the spy she'd dubbed, for last of a better name, Newpaper Man, who'd chosen to take on both Nihilo and Typhoon with apparently nothing more than a pistol. That was the sort of thing that took either a lot of guts or a lack of brains; granted, he did work for the United States government, so brains might not enter into the equation. Either way, it was an impressive effort, considering how useful men with guns usually were against superhumans. If he actually lasted in this fight, she'd ought to give him a pat on the back... right before stabbing him there, of course.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC (Nihilo): Now Nihilo was mad. Not only did he miss the annoying guy who was obviously a government agent of some sort, but he also almost blew the mission as well, which would destroy his chances in the Coalition. He needed to be part of an organization devoted to ruling the world by whatever means possible. It made him stronger. He steadied himself and drew upon the fear of the schoolchildren. Then he fired a few shots at passing cars, erasing their engines from existence, effectively blocking the roads to the school. All of them, that is, except the one the villains needed to escape by, if not all of them could fly. Speaking of flies, he was positive now more than ever that the little bee that had been following him at a distance was Hivemind spying on him. So he "accidentally" hit it when he went to blow a hole in another car.

IC(Fellwyd): The smell was indeed foul, but, as a Diemawr warrior, Fellwyd was pretty much used to everything involved with death. Releasing his grip from the Reaper, the alien started ripping off any zombie parts he could reach with his hands and throwing them at the Reaper, while using the sharpened bony plates at the front of his mouth to bite off the hands of any zombies that were foolish enough to get their hands close to his mouth.It was disgusting, sure - he'd probably throw himself in the bay for an hour or two once the fight was over and the toothed shadows had left it - but it was considerably better than getting buried under zombies, and some of the assorted limbs and heads he was throwing at the Reaper were bound to hit him.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The gales around Typhoon continued to keep him safe from bullets. He rose into the air a little, gliding over to the now roofless car."Sorry, I'm not just going to spill that kind of information. Who do you take me for? Zap?"Hovering over the car, he looked for the target. It was a car, there weren't that many places to hide."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:Hivemind felt a brief pang of pain as one of her bees was violently and suddenly annihilated. So, Nihilo was probably onto her by now. No matter, all she needed to do was send a few more wasps away from bothering the security team to keep watch on him. And sure, he'd probably try and blast them too, but that didn't concern Hivemind in the least. For every one he destroyed, she could just send more. Just shy of ninety percent of all lifeforms on Earth were insects; it wasn't like she was in any danger of running out of bugs. Sooner or later, Nihilo would just have to get accept the fact he was being watched, unless he wanted to spend more time dealing with her spies than actually participating in the mission. She doubted that would get him on Grand Cross's good side.It was the philosophy by which Hivemind chose to live her life: if she was persistently annoying for just long enough everyone would eventually give in, if only to be spared the irritation.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Okay, I have to appologize for my lack of posting. My laptops keyboard is shot, and the internet to the desktop is iffy at best. I'll be on as much as I can though.IC: Negafire was having a grand old time blasting away at innocent civillianswhen he realized he was drifting away from the mission. Quickly, he turned around and flew back to the heat of the battle. His eye was immediatly drawn to the center of the action, where Typhoon and Nihilo were stuck in battle with... One agent?! Okay, this guy either had to be superpowered, or really good. Negafire held his hand out, pointed at the agent, and fired off a fireball aimed at the man's gun. I should be fun to toy with this guy before killing him...IC: Plasmafire groaned, picking himself up from where Kaname had knocked him over. He'd landed in a snow bank. He hated snow. He looked around, trying to find the others, and noticed Fade getting his rear end handed to him by Longshot. "Oh, joyous occasion..." He muttered as he hurried over. He skidded to a stop a few feet away and, using his pyrokinetic control of heat, created a superheated buffer of air between him and the fighters, i case Longshot came after him next. "Yo, Scotty! Hands off Fade, let's talk this through!"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Mr. No-One): The characteristic whoosh of the fireball gave the agent plenty of time to pull himself out of its way, though the stationary car was not quite so lucky, and, given that Mr. No-One had had his arm extended over the top of the car when Negafire had thrown the fireball, the exterior of the car was set ablaze fairly quickly. Given the high winds in the area, the fire was extinguished fairly quickly, but it was still probably fairly embarrassing for the villains. Not sparing Negafire more than a glance, the agent fired a bullet in the pyrokinetic's direction, while giving Typhoon a rather mocking glare."Oh, come on. I know how people like you work, how have you not killed those two yourself?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Technichally, Nihilo and Typhoon aren't as much fighting him as ignoring him as annoying. Which reminds me...IC (Nihilo): Nihilo noticed when three or four more bugs began to casually follow him. He sighed inwardly. There was no way he could keep "accidentally" killing these bugs without drawing suspicion to himself. And his first "accidental" shot didn't go so well. Yknow, the one that almost killed the one person they weren't supposed to kill instead of the extremely annoying person they were allowed to kill? He needed to be more careful. He could see why Hivemind was chosen as the spy though. Nobody notices bugs usually, and if it "accidentally" got killed, she had coutless more ready. In fact, if he didnt know Grand Cross was suspicious, and that Hivemind had the powers she did, he would never had known. He would have to compliment him on his choice. He noticed Negafire return and aim at the newspaper man's gun. "Glad you could join us and actually help with this mission!" Nihilo said sarcastically, then mumbled under his breath, "What I wouldn't give for any of these guys to have caught the bullet that hit me with their chest."

Edited by King Joe

IC: Negafire cursed under his breath and put the fire out quickly, although it probably looked like the wind did it... He looked up barely in time to see the agent point the gun at him and dove out of the way. Negafire burst into flae again and flew up over the agent, crossing his firey arms. "Hey,villains don't always pick a fight with each other! You're just really annoying and hard to kill, you little cockroach!" He glared at Nihilo and growled, "Hey, at least I didn't almost kill the girl, moron!"

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent rolled his eyes - if all of the villains involved were as incompetent as these two, things would be just peachy, but no, the windy-guy had to be involved."Lesson one, Sparky. Pay attention to your mission objectives. If the mission requires you to capture something, don't do something that might accidentally destroy it. Lesson two, in case the universe flips upside down and you find yourself in a command position: remove non-productive elements from your unit. Look at it that way, I'm trying to do your friend over here a favor."With the brief lesson in how to do your job concluded, the spook - who was still standing next to the most tactically important thing around - opened fire again, kind of hoping that the shorter range would force the pyro to just go ahead and die already, but knowing that supers never fight fair. Really, the bullets were becoming less a means of harming things and more just a formal way of expressing your intent to harm something.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo could feel anger surging. It didn't excite him as much as making someone else angry, his own emotions and negative energy were tasteless to him. The anger of another was like savory meat. It was sorta a big deal for him, being unable to eat and all.But he ignored Negafire. It was how he sealed with most of his problems that didn't require immediate action. Ignore it...Until he could kill it.He was tempted to try killing the annoying agent again, but he restrained himself. He destroyed a chunk of the school instead.That's when he got an ingenious idea. He flew over behind the guy, and repelled the car to the other side of the street. Then he strategically made parts of the ground around Mr. Annoying cease to exist, deep and wide enough that unless the guy could fly or had a board hidden in that suit of his, it would take at least a half hour to cross. "Now can we complete this blasted mission?" He asked Typhoon.

Edited by King Joe

IC: Negafire, currently being basicly a a man-shaped fire, simply floated there andlet the bullets fly through him. Bullets don't hurt fire. "'Sparky'? Is that... Was that supposed to be me? I have never once generated a spark, dude. I do things alittle more like this." Negafire held out a flaming hand and created a tiny orb of super condensed plasma, no bigger than, well... A bullet. He sent it sailing towards the barrel of the gun, if he could get it even close, the ball would explode and hopefully take out the gun...

IC:Longshot had gone to retrieve her crossbow, only to nearly drop it in surprise when Plasmafire appeared between them."Wha...? Yer... dead! I saw yeh die!" she exclaimed. "This... this ain't possible!""Alright, so Plas is dead and I'm evil. We're learning a lot today, aren't we?" Fade said, picking himself up off the ground. "Now, Longshot, you have to listen to us. I don't know what the Fade you're familiar with did, but, well... you've got the wrong guy. This is gonna be hard to explain, but I'm a version of Fade from... well, a place really, really far away from here... only it's a lot like here except for the parts that are different-""Yer from an alternate universe, I git it," Longshot interrupted with a scowl. "Din't patronize me. I work wit tha' League, yah think I've never heard 'a the concept?"Fade wasn't sure what surprised him more; that Longshot knew about alternate realities, or that he could understand her pronouncing 'patronize.'"Oh," Fade said. "Really, I was expecting to have a harder time convincing you.""I didn' say I believed yah yet," said Longshot "But... I din't think the Fade I know would be dumb 'nough to try an' pull a trick like tha'.""Well, we sort of... fell out of our universe, and now we're stuck in yours. We think there's a device that can get us back home, so all you have to do is get us there and you'll never have to worry about us ever again," Fade explained. "On that subject, I can't help but notice our universe is marginally... warmer than yours. Just out of curiosity, what exactly did I do to cause this? I kinda lack both the means and the motive to usher in a brand new Ice Age.""Nah, yeh don't... but she did," Longshot hissed. "An' yeh just stood there an' let her do it. Yeh let Frigid take o'er the world."And with that, Fade's day got infinitely worse.The wind started to pick up, dropping the already freezing temperature a couple degrees. The snowbanks coating the rooftop started to swirl... and then they began to rise up. The snow began taking on shape, taking on details, like a sculpture rising up from the drifts. The form grew more and more humanoid, until a perfect picture of a dreadedly familiar woman in a white dress stood before Fade, made purely of snow and crystal."Ah... speak of the devil," the icy apparition of Frigid said with a sly grin, her hands clasped casually on a glassy blade. Frozen eyes glanced towards Fade, catching the light and shining a brilliant blue. "Well, dear, I can't say I was expecting this. Alternate universes, you say? How fascinating..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): The agent raised his arm up and twisted his body sideways, letting the ball of plasma fly past him - and hit one of the tires on the car, bursting the tire with a rather loud bang."I've got an idea, Sparky, seeing as neither side seems to want the occupants of this car dead - don't do anything. Just... go sit in a corner or something, I think we're all tired of you."This was just amazing. One of those rare times that talking to the enemy, throwing little barbs here and there to irritate them, was more effective than shooting them. If this kept up, the whole kidnapping attempt might be stalled long enough for people with a little more experience fighting supervillains to show up.Assuming, of course, that they were interested in showing up. Maybe they were just sitting back and placing bets.OOC: So, that idea someone - someone with a shred or three more authority than I've got - had about a government super being involved here. Is anything going to happen with that? I think Typhoon would probably be thankful for something - anything - to keep the trigger-happy ones away from the car.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC; Plasmafire backed up a few steps when Frigid appeared, then sidled over to Longshot. "Um... Incidentally, care to tell me how I died? Cuz if she had a hand in that, I'd like to know how I can avoid it this time around..." He was already warming the air around him even more, trying to gather strength for the inevitable fight...IC: Negafire's eye began to twitch. He really hated this guy. He clenched his fists and slowly cocked his head. He slowly lowered himself to the ground, still in his flame form and slowly walked up to the agent. Now was not the time to flip out. "Dude. You are surrounded by supervillains. Ones that thus far you have been extremely unsucsessful in killing. Your little bullets don't seem to be doing any harm. Now, I believe you may have a serious mental condition which may affect your ability to feel fear, so here's a hint: When a flaming supervillain is standing a foot away from your face, you should generally get a tad nervous. I will burn you. And eventually kill you. A long time from now. After you have no pain receptors anymore. You will hurt for a long time before you die."

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

IC:"Well it ah' happened so fast... we all were up 'gainst her... we tried to stop her... but she was jus' too strong," said Longshot, her voice shaky. Clearly she wasn't comfortable describing a man's death to the exact same man. "Yeh flew at her... but she just froze yeh through, so cold... yeh couldn't even burn through it... an' she just let you plung back down to earth...""I wouldn't worry to much about her killing you, Plas; we're not talking to the real Frigid. I've deal with enough phonies these days to spot something like that," said Fade, refusing to break Frigid's glare. "Well, technically, she is talking to us, she's just not here. Projecting your consciousness through your element now, Jen? That's an impressive trick.""Wherever my frost reaches, I can sense. Of course, there's just so much of it these days, it can get a little hard to keep track of it all," said Frigid. "Of course, with Longshot setting off explosions left and right, you were pretty hard to miss. Nice seeing you again by the way, Longshot. How's the arm?"Longshot merely scowled, gripping the trigger of her crossbow tightly."So... I think I'm starting to piece it together," said Fade. "In this universe, I'm guessing, your little scheme with the Supercharger paid off? Big time, it seems?""Oh, yes, thanks in no small part to your help, dear," replied the ice Frigid. "Why? How else could it have possibly gone?""I stopped you. I killed you. I threw your body into the heart of the exploding Supercharger, and I let it scatter your atoms across ever corner of the cosmos," Fade said with a growl. "That is how it's supposed to happen. Cross me, Jen, and maybe you'll get to see it firsthand.""No, I don't think so. This... device you mentioned, that's far more interesting," said Frigid. "A machine that bridges dimensions, that must be hard to operate? If you were kind enough to show it to me, I'm sure I could get it working again, send you and your friends back home. Can you do that for me?"Fade was silent, his glare hot enough to melt the snow off the rooftops. His wristblades slid into place. Frigid's frozen face fell into a frown."No? God, you were always just so stubborn, weren't you?" she said. "No matter, it can't be far if you're trying to walk there. I'm sure I can get my hands on it. Now, dear Fade, I'm afraid that leaves me with little use for you. I already have one of you, you see, what use would it be to have a spare? Well... a few reasons, but I can see you're in no mood to agree to any of them."There was a rumble, as more shapes began to emerge out of the snow. The lumps of ice began turning into rough, jagged bipedal forms, near seven feet tall, deadly shape blades of frost jutting from their arms. A cold, dead blue glow shone from their eyes, glaring down upon the assembled group."Ice Golems, kindly dispose of them, please?" asked Frigid with a dainty, almost bored wave of her hand. "They've ceased to amuse me."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire's eyes darted between the Ice Golems and Frigid. "Okay, this should be a simple fight for me, but I somehow expect that to not be the case. Let's start with something simple, eh?" Plasmafire moved his hands and created a few fireballs, juggling them from one hand to another. After a moment, he turned and threw the three fireballs at the different Golems...

IC:The three fireballs all struck their marks; the Golems did not appear to be the most maneuverable of creatures. One was completely blown apart by the burst, while another got off with merely a smoking hole in the torso, and another a missing arm. However, they were already repairing themselves, pulling in more snow from the rooftops to repair their damaged bodies. Two had already come back, looking larger than before. The last one, seemingly destroyed entirely, was starting to reform as well, albeit much slower. Frigid smirked as the two Golems began hurling shards of ice in waves at Plasmafire."Your flames burn bright, but you're in my domain now. Here my winter is eternal, and my Golems cannot truly die as long as there is frost on the ground," she said. "Let's see how long it takes me to snuff out your light this time, then? Oh, this should be amusing; how often do you get a chance to kill someone twice?""Try me," Fade said. "I'm sure I'll be able to find out."He moved towards Frigid, but found his way blocked by a Golem. He ducked as it swung an arm; those icy spikes were almost half a blade, half a club. Fade tried to phase again, but caught a blow right in the chest for his efforts. He flew across the rooftop and nearly slid right over the side, the tip of a razor-sharp icicle embedded in his armor. Fade tore it free and pulled himself up, but the Ice Golem was already attacking once again."That's it? All that fire, all that fury in your voice, and this is what you have to show for it?" Frigid asked with a laugh. "Oh, you're almost going to make me feel bad about killing you..."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: "Oh please, you're not gonna get me so easy this time." Plasmafire said, crossing his arms as the shards of ice were melted by his heat shield. "I know how you killed me now, I'm not gonna fall for that again." He thought for a moment about what she said about the Golems, and smiled. "They don't die as long as there's frost? Well, Jadis, we'll just have to get rid of the frost then!" He held his arms out, expanding his heat field. he turned the heat up as high as it would go, and began shooting streams of plasma from his hands,aiming to cut the Golems in half and melt some snowbanks in the progress.

IC:"...Fall for it? You're not going to fall for it this time? Did you really mean it like that? Now that, that's funny!" Frigid said. "Maybe I won't kill you this time! I could keep you around as a jester or something! I don't have any of those; I'm afraid I've already killed most of the funny people. Everyone left just doesn't seem to be in a laughing mood for some reason. What do you think?"The jets of plasma were much more effective at defeating the golems, reducing a few of them to little more than puddles on the ground. Unfortunately, it also started to melt the ice coating the building, sending cracks up and down the walls as frost that had filled up cracks in the foundation started to dissolve. The rooftop shook dangerously; another attack like that was likely to bring down the entire building, and Fade, Longshot, and Kaname with it.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

Kaname was dodging Ice Golems left and right, almost like he was playing with them. "Wow...Ice Golems that cant die cause of the frost?" he watched Plasmafire as he melted them. The ice on the building melted, and as it shook Kaname playfully lost his balance."Yo man, I know we gotta beat them but try making sure we dont die Ne?" for some reason Kaname was just horsing around. but thats how he was. "You know what? this is actually fun..My powers have not much use here cause we might all get electrocuted...."Kaname was thinking as the roof shook, he was thinking... Ah. Kaname jumped to another building rooftop and said, "Yo! Frigid was it? hey hey, why don't I be like an Ally to you? yeah I surrender, I'm pretty powerless right now so you can kill those three and give me a get out of jail free card?" yes, he was seriously doing this."I just came around for the ride, I bet with my powers you can get that Machine Fade talked about to work, what do you say?" Of course, Kaname was being reckless, but he had his reason's and Plan-B I havent used Lightning form in forever, it's fast enough to dodge any attack this person has..lets just hope she's not a mind reader or i'm screwed...

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC:Frigid's crystal eyes gazed down at Kaname critically."Hmm... You could be amusing, for a while anyway," she muttered. "But really, I ask, what can you bring to the table? I mean, I already did a pretty good job taking over the world, it's not like I need the extra help. Why should I bother keeping you alive after you've shown me to this machine?"Fade, dodging the flailing limbs of an Ice Golem, was in no position to respond to Kaname's attempt at a proposal. This was fortunate, as he was likely to respond using his fists. If he was playing at some kind of angle, it was a pretty risky one. If he wasn't, he'd just doomed his own reality and countless others to the whims of an unstoppable madwoman. Either she wasn't going to believe him, or she was going to kill him once she got what she wanted, Fade couldn't see this ending well. But while he was unable to react to it, Longshot was able and more than willing."You bloody traitor!" she shouted, firing off a crossbow bolt right at Kaname's head.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: So, that idea someone - someone with a shred or three more authority than I've got - had about a government super being involved here. Is anything going to happen with that? I think Typhoon would probably be thankful for something - anything - to keep the trigger-happy ones away from the car.

OOC: Yeah, sorry about that; I've been out all day, haven't had time to post yet. I'll get right on that.IC: (Aquarius)As Typhoon flew over the roof of the car, the last thing he expected was to hit a forcefield. Or, rather, for a forcefield to hit him. The orange wall of energy swept the aerokinetic away from the car before it dissipated. Twin curved shields appeared around the car, quickly expanding to encase the vehicle in an energy dome. The man responsible was dressed like all the other Secret Service agents, nothing to distinguish him from any of the others, save the pulses of orange energy eminating from his outstretched hands as he maintained the shield. It was obvious why he had been chosen to drive Danielle to school."Don't worry, I have everything under control," he said placatingly to the girl huddled against the floor behind him. "I've handled bigger threats than these incompetents."OOC: This writer's block is killing me. Can't think of a name for this guy at the moment, and Aquarius is in the background keeping everyone away from the rest of you guys so that you have time to be bickering with Mr. No-One. :P~Lord Rahl~

Kaname shrugged, "Well for one thing." he pointed around the city, "It dont look like there is any power in this Winter wonderland, and frankly enough I'm possibly the Only one who can keep that machine running at full power 24/7. If I showed you the machine, and powered it up, you could very well go to other realities, But because it needs a vast power source, Killing me would prevent you from ever spreading your empire."He then looked her in the eye, "In other words by you keeping me alive, you can travel to any reality, any dimension and conquer every single dimension. Imagine it:Frigid, Ruler of Dimensions. I mean c'mon why rule only this world when you can rule all worlds?"He noticed Longshot getting ready to fire a Bolt, and just before she pulled the trigger kaname vanished in a flash of Black Lightning and the Bolt went to where his head would have been. he appeared ten feet from were he was before, He was covered in Black Lightning as if it was his owned body. His power radiated like an aura. he said to Longshot, "Hey, i only join the winning side, and Frigid is the winning side, so yeah i' could be a traitor."he turned back to frigid "Black Lightning is five times more potent that normal electricity, which mean i can give the machine enough power to open five portals at once. Five times as many worlds to be taken over. what say you?"

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: Sprawled on the ground, Typhoon rubbed his aching head. He hated forcefield.It was possible he could break through it, but that would require a lot of force. He might end up taking out his team, or the girl. So time for something sneakier...A pair of wind-streams sprang up around the forcefield, putting a spinning. Typhoon was hoping this spin either the super or even the whole car around, given the agent had a tangible connection to the forcefield. Lets see him keep it up when he was too dizzy to even stand

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Five portals at once? What use would that be if there's only one of me?" Frigid asked, amused. It was either ignorance or mercy that she neglected to mention adding more power was more likely to just blow up the machine, or that it was probably incapable of working the way Kaname described. "More importantly, you appear to have mistaken me for someone who does not rule the world. My ability to power this device of yours is not made or broken by your powers."An evil glint shone in her eyes as she looked down on Kaname. Actual height was irrelevant; her gaze might as well have been from on a mountain top."I'm afraid there's actually very you have very little to bargain with here, certainly not enough to justify your continued survival. But you may find that I am not... completely without mercy," said Frigid. Her hand clasped tightly around her frosty blade. "Beg. I want to see you beg for your life. I want to see you grovel, on your knees, that I might take pity on your miserable little existence. And, perhaps, if your cries for mercy amuse me, I might be swayed to let you live to see another day. You will find these terms much more agreeable than the alternative."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: So the President's daughter shows signs of superhuman abilities and these villain punks seemed to honestly believe they could kidnap her without facing some kind of anti-supervillain force. Cute. Of course, since there were so many of them (control had expected one or two within a few months, but this many was outside predictions) plain-clothes wouldn't cut it; Donovan Lock, ex-military with a list of accomplishments longer than his sniper rifle (at least, that's what people were allowed to know) had to vanish for a while to put on some armor. He felt a bit stupid with the code-name - he wasn't a superhero, for crying out loud - but Ultionis was far better equipped to handle the situation, with kevlar-and-titanium-alloy body armor and a few specialized tricks up his sleeve if the thugs thought to look up.But hopefully he wouldn't need it. The aforementioned sniper rifle was out - a custom weapon rated to go clean through tank armor in one shot, with specialized ammo for just such occasions as this - and he was on top of a building three blocks away from the action. He would've preferred farther, but time constraints were a pain. Now he just had to sight down on the pyrokinetic (he wasn't entirely sure what all the others could do, but one appeared to deflect bullets before they even hit and another was made of bugs - this one might die if sniped in the head) and wait for the exact opportune moment...BANG!H-D

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent had, like Typhoon, been knocked back by the force-field, and, while the force-field itself was great, the fact that the spy was no longer right next to the one thing the villains couldn't afford to destroy was considerably less great. Sprawled in the middle of the ice-field, his gun skidding away on the slick frozen surface, the agent felt distinctly closer to the end of the line than he had a few seconds ago.Shaking his head to clear away the headache from the force-field, Mr. No-One carefully made his way towards where his gun had slid to a halt, at the base of a fire hydrant.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo sighed. He seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. Now they had a super to deal with, and were no closer to their goal then when they started. At least Annoying Man got thrown to the side as well. He was about to finish him off, when he got an idea. A way to redeem himself in the eyes of Grand Cross and finish the mission. However, he could also potentially die. Not something he was looking forward to. It seemed he had no other choice though, if he wanted to get in Grad Cross' good graces after his slip up. Silently, he moved behind the super projecting the force field. After all, it was just an energy barrier. And we all know what energy and antimatter did together. Nihilo gathered up all the negative energy he could, condensed his body as small as possible, then launched himself like a bullet at the super in a kamikaze style attack, hoping to peirce the force field and wound the super.

OOC: Is Nihilo trying to "accidentally" kill the target? Forcibly crack a force-field, and the backlash is pretty much guaranteed to be very, very bad.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

And we all know what energy and antimatter did together.

OOC: I was under the impression that energy and antimatter didn't do anything adverse to each other. Otherwise wouldn't Nihilo be dead since he's constantly being bombarded by sunlight?IC: The Reaper flung his arms to and fro, swatting away any of the projectile limbs that he was unable to dodge by twisting. Since it'd be far more logical for him to just fly out of the way of the attacks, it was clear that his levitating abilities did not extend to true flight. He winced couple of times whilst deflecting the attacks - he was striking (mostly) solid bone after all.Meanwhile Fellwyd's continued dismemberment of the small group that had come to attack him was rendering them more or less immobile. At least one wholly limbless torso writhed on the deck in a futile attempt to continue harassing the alien. He had almost run out of hands to bite off when The Reaper dropped from the air again. Without another look at Fellwyd (and ducking to evade a thrown foot) he ran further down the deck, gripping the door handle of a shipping container... Edited by Kumata

OOC: Well, it would probably best for Nihilo if that's the case, though, really, he's being constantly hit with matter in the air, too, and since one of the prevailing scientific theories is that antimatter would attract matter, not repel it, I think it would be safe to say that Nihilo's powers don't rely on antimatter as science knows it, or any form of consistency, for that matter.IC(Fellwyd): Deciding that he probably didn't want the Reaper to do whatever it was he wanted to do with that shipping container, the alien charged at the Reaper, head-down so that, unless the Reaper dodged, the bony plate on top of the Diemawr's head would strike him in the chest.OOC: I sincerely hope, for the sake of the zombies inside, that that isn't a container full of zombies and that the Reaper isn't going to throw the door open right as Fellwyd reaches it. That much dismemberment, with nowhere for the zombies to run, wouldn't be much fun for them.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The Reaper levitated above Fellwyd's charge. And lifted the shipping container with him!"Stupid lizard. My strength is equal to the total strength of the servants I command. Have you any idea how many I've got stored inside these containers?!"With a flick of his arm the shipping container leapt from his grasp - and above Fellwyd...OOC: Agreed on the antimatter issue. I actually remember now in the old RPG that another antimatter-user was able to use antimatter to dissolve a psychic shield causing the creator of the shield sheer mental pain.

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): Considering the relative strength of barges and shipping containers, the terminal velocity of a shipping container, and the top running speed of a Diemawr warrior, the present situation was an odd combination of not dangerous at all and completely terrifying. On the one hand, getting out of the way of the falling container was a small matter for Fellwyd, one that simply required him to keep running until he was out of the way. On the other hand, the container looked quite likely to act like a sort of very large, very rectangular cannon-ball when it hit the deck of the ship, and considering the present occupants of the bay, that was an immensely troubling prospect.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Well, it would probably best for Nihilo if that's the case, though, really, he's being constantly hit with matter in the air, too, and since one of the prevailing scientific theories is that antimatter would attract matter, not repel it, I think it would be safe to say that Nihilo's powers don't rely on antimatter as science knows it, or any form of consistency, for that matter.

OOC: Yeah, he's based on fake science. The whole concept of Nihilo's powers are that energy and matter, when they come into contact with antimatter, cease to exist. It's kinda like saying add 1 to zero then subtract 1. They cancel each other out and both dissapear. Basically, Nihilo is trying to make a certain part of the force field cease to exist for long enough that he can get through and hurt Mr. Force field man. The "repelling" part was so that he doesn't kill himself when he walks, and can still manipulate objects. Edited by King Joe

OOC: Well, really it would be more like adding -1 and 1, because in a matter-antimatter annihilation, both of them go away.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Sarah had far more zombies to deal with, but steadily she was managing to cut their numbers down. The water funnel she was manipulating was having one of three effects her undead opponents; flinging them into the waters of the bay, sucking them up like a typhoon, or simply tearing a significant limb or two from the bulk of their bodies. Her tactic was a little aggressive, but hey, it had given Fellwyd space to go and attack The Reaper directly. Plus Doctor Cole had been telling her just a few hours ago not to repress her feelings, hadn't he?The cause of her anger was twofold; that innocent civilians had died, and that The Reaper was using human bodies as disposable drones. Even though their minds were long gone, these had once been humans and were, she believed, deserving of respect. Her fighting them now was an unfortunate but necessary outcome of The Reaper animating them in the first place.Sarah wondered where The Reaper had managed to find so many dead bodies. Last time she'e encountered him it had been in a graveyard, but there were too many here for that. Maybe he'd collected victims of the alien invasion, and had bided his time until he possessed what he thought was a suitable army.Another few zombies went splashing into the bay just as Sarah caught something large moving in the corner of her vision. She turned around in time to watch a shipping container plunge into the deck of the bargeCRASHThe force of the impact caused the dropped container to burst open at the seams, scattering its six metal sides and another horde of zombies every which way. Having been hit roughly in its middle, the barge's two ends sprung upwards with a metallic groan; it was sturdy enough not to have been punctured by the impact, but badly dented and shaped like a very flat V. Unprepared, Sarah completely lost her footing and tumbled over the side. Slightly more prepared, Fellwyd landed on the roof of another shipping container...

Edited by Kumata