Hello everyone! This is Deriahk:

deriahk_by_diebeq5b-d3gqq4a.png

External Links:

DeviantArt

The Diaphanous Pistol (Weapon 1)

The Shock Cannon (Weapon 2)

Deriahk's vision power can permanently reduce the size of targets. He can also use an unknown Elemental Power, but only in tandem with another Skakdi. Deriahk is taller than the average Skakdi. He wears a Great Kanohi Garai, Mask of Gravity, which gives him the power to control and manipulate gravity in a given area.

One of my oldest MOCs and, for those who know me on Youtube, also one of the most iconic. He received lots of updates over the years.

Edited by Diebeq

banner.png

I guess combining a Garai with a Skakdi skull isn't exactly an uncommon idea. I made something like this a while ago, and just never got around to posting it. Yet.Anyway, it looks quite good overall. The torso is of course the highlight, and it looks solid and well-built, though a better picture of it would be nice. The legs flow nicely, as well. The color scheme is pretty good, though I think the trans-orange pieces are a bit too close in shade to the keetorange. Maybe blue or green would look better? Also, the lower legs could be improved by adding some black. The legs also have reversed color layering - they're black on keetorange while the rest of the MOC is keetorange on black.Minor color qualms aside, though, this is great overall.

• Upvote 1

Q2TtLEz.png

Now that's cool. I like the little bio you made for this MOC, as well as the very Bionicle-esque name. There's so many little things about this creation that really stand out. The Vortixx heads by the shoulders, the tire around the hips, the piece for placing Deriahk's weapon on his back, and a heartlight! I don't see many "living" MOCs that come with a heartlight, but I can always appreciate it when someone goes that extra mile. And, of course, there's the obvious use of a Kanohi. I sometimes forget that Skakdi can access mask powers, but this is the first piece I've ever seen with a Kanohi-wearing Skakdi. Very cool MOC.-Ced

• Upvote 1

Brilliant head! My main suggestions would be to add a spine (which would have to be pretty complex, but worth it if you did it right) and alter the lower legs. The all-keetorange section stands out too much, and the smoot texture doesn't fit either. Some simple black greeblage on the existing parts, and maybe changing out the shinguards, would really help. It looks fantastic aside from that. Wonderful shoulders, I may have to steal.

• Upvote 1

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Brilliant head! My main suggestions would be to add a spine (which would have to be pretty complex, but worth it if you did it right) and alter the lower legs. The all-keetorange section stands out too much, and the smoot texture doesn't fit either. Some simple black greeblage on the existing parts, and maybe changing out the shinguards, would really help.

Thanks for the comment :D I do not want to add a spine because my story Deriahk had his face and spine destroyed, so he wears the Kanohi. I'll take your advice into account for the legs.

Now that's cool. I like the little bio you made for this MOC, as well as the very Bionicle-esque name. There's so many little things about this creation that really stand out. The Vortixx heads by the shoulders, the tire around the hips, the piece for placing Deriahk's weapon on his back, and a heartlight! I don't see many "living" MOCs that come with a heartlight, but I can always appreciate it when someone goes that extra mile. And, of course, there's the obvious use of a Kanohi. I sometimes forget that Skakdi can access mask powers, but this is the first piece I've ever seen with a Kanohi-wearing Skakdi. Very cool MOC.-Ced

That comment made me very happy. Thanks!

The torso is of course the highlight, and it looks solid and well-built, though a better picture of it would be nice. [...] Also, the lower legs could be improved by adding some black. The legs also have reversed color layering - they're black on keetorange while the rest of the MOC is keetorange on black.

Thanks for your advice on the legs and colors. And I think you can see more details on Deriahk's torso here.I'll try to get the Jetbug set (when I can :sigh:) to improve some aspects in Deriahk, especially the legs.

banner.png

Now this is an awesome MOC right here. First of all, I love the balanced texture and large amount of Flame Yellowish Orange. Second of all, I love that the torso is unique. You did a superb job. When I first looked at it, I thought the bits of transparent orange looked obscure, but after looking at it in different angles, it looks really cool with the eyes being the same color. I also like the custom shoulder armor. It looks great!

I'll try to get the Jetbug set (when I can :sigh:) to improve some aspects in Deriahk, especially the legs.

If you go to a LEGO brand store, or some retail stores like Target, I've seen they have a lot of 2010 and early-2011 Hero Factory Villains left. You should be able to find a few Jetbugs there. ;) Edited by Meiko
  • Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The head is really creatively designed. The torso is also great even if the other parts of the MOC seem a bit plain.

Thanks for the comment :)

You did a superb job. When I first looked at it, I thought the bits of transparent orange looked obscure, but after looking at it in different angles, it looks really cool with the eyes being the same color. I also like the custom shoulder armor. It looks great![...]If you go to a LEGO brand store, or some retail stores like Target, I've seen they have a lot of 2010 and early-2011 Hero Factory Villains left. You should be able to find a few Jetbugs there. ;)

Thanks for the comment and for the information. I hope to get JetBug soon ;)Meanwhile I'm working on a new weapon for Deriahk. In addition to the hammer in the main picture and Hakann's Lava Launcher, I created the Shock Cannon (It has a functional Rhotuka!). The problem is that it is very heavy :( Edited by Diebeq5b

banner.png

I love the torso, and adding the spikes to the garai really makes it menacing. One thing, however, which I'm not a big fan of, is the arms/hands, they don't really flow with the rest of the design, and they could really have something more interesting about them. You know, something more complex.

• Upvote 1
kadin.png kadin.png kadin.png

The jaws make him look like an undead fighter and/or guardian.

Yes, it is possible. Although when I created him, I saw them more like horns on his face, like a triceratops XD

Ooh, nice, very nice...Spikes on the mask add a nice touch, but the lower arms (the Hordika leg ones) are a bit awkward. Maybe replace them with Toa Metru legs?Shock cannon is great, too.Overall, great, simple moc.

Thanks for your opinion on the Shock Cannon and face :), but... Those ARE Metru legs, not the Hordika legs O_O

I love the torso, and adding the spikes to the garai really makes it menacing. One thing, however, which I'm not a big fan of, is the arms/hands, they don't really flow with the rest of the design, and they could really have something more interesting about them. You know, something more complex.

Thanks for your comment! And yes, the arms are also too simple. I may need to buy 2 Jetbugs instead of just one to solve that problem XD Edited by Diebeq5b

banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey why give the uncreative guy the credit for the head if he was not the one who used it that way first?

Well, I never said I was the first to use the idea of the head; I think they especially referred to the horns. By the way, the "uncreative guy" thing is insulting; if I apply your logic for the head with other MOCs out there, a lot of guys would be uncreative. Edited by Diebeq5b

banner.png