Bohrok Swarms?

I just thought of something kind of strange. The Bohrok nests were said to be under Mata-Nui, but so was Metru-Nui? So I was wondering, has it been confirmed where the nests are, under Mata Nui or Metru Nui? And if they're under Mata-Nui, would it be possible to dig into them from Metru-Nui? I was just curious for a story I'm planning to write.

From the BS01 page Bohrok Nests:

The Bohrok Nests were created during the construction of the Matoran Universe, in the underground expanses of Metru Nui and in the domed ceiling of the island city.

So, they're both above and below Metru Nui.~B~ Edited by Ballom

During the Siege of Metru Nui, the Bohrok residing in the nest below Metru Nui were awakened by a sonic frequency created by Toa Krakua and moved upwards into the city to head for the island of Mata Nui. They encountered opposition from the invading Rahkshi force, and unwittingly helped the Order of Mata Nui to decimate the Brotherhood of Makuta's army.

Seems so. You can check the BS01 page yourself here for more info.~B~

So did they ever get seen on Metru Nui? With all the archives, it seems like they would eventually be found, maybe even awoken.

In various Metru Nui Saga books, there are mentions of the archivists finding Bohrok. The one I remember was Whenua's flashback story in Voyage of Fear - him asking if the archivists had found more of those "Bohrok things". Edited by fishers64

So did they ever get seen on Metru Nui? With all the archives, it seems like they would eventually be found, maybe even awoken.

Actually, they did some were actually on display in the archives. BS01 quote:

The first recorded encounter between Bohrok and Matoran occurred in Metru Nui, when a group of Lightstone Miners broke into a Bohrok Nest in Onu-Metru by accident. Inside they discovered the word "Bohrok" carved into the wall. Several were immediately shipped to the Archives, where Archivists quickly discovered that the Bohrok were inorganic and that the dormant Krana inside each Bohrok were organic and alive. The Bohrok showed no evidence of having ever been built. An Archivist named Mavrah hypothesized that the Bohrok were once biomechanical beings that had somehow evolved to become unthinking machines driven by organic brains. However, this theory was lost over time.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

Okay, I didn't realize there was a page for it. Question Answered I guess...and the admin says....

I'm not an admin but I can say Topic closed. :PAnd yes, there's generally a page for anything on BS01. :D

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)