The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

Alright, so my sister is amazing - I'm currently house-sitting for her, and seeing as she has a Wii, I asked her if she could rent Skyward Sword for me for the 2 days that I'm here.So she did. :sigh:Today's my last day to stay, and I just beat the Sandship, but I don't think I'm going to beat the whole game (although the last time I house-sat for her, during which I stayed for a whole week, I was able to beat Twilight Princess in about 4 days). However, my mind is absolutely blown as it is, so even though I won't be getting to the end this time, I'm still pretty content with actually having played a game within the same year of its release (a rarity for me).Long rant on Skyward Sword n' such coming soon, hopefully.

Balta: You don't have to stand up. =P If you're sitting down, just tilt it past your chair, and then pretty much do an upward slash movement. It's easy once you figure out how to do that. =PZakann:

Tentalus was a very interesting fight, and I was kinda lucky... It was pretty much down to my last arrow or two, due to accidentally missing once or twice because of the tentacles.

Tom: Sweet, congrats. I'm not totally sure how people are speeding through the game, but I believe not talking to anyone is part of the reason. =P But it's good that you were able to at least play it. =)/edit: Well that's embarrassing, I forgot to close my spoiler tag there. >>;

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

Balta: You don't have to stand up. =P If you're sitting down, just tilt it past your chair, and then pretty much do an upward slash movement. It's easy once you figure out how to do that. =P

I now actually have Nintendinitis from doing that; my wrist is killing me. But yes, that does work.Also, @Zaktan -

I actually thought Kolokos was a much more interesting boss fight (although probably more on a personal level because I love Hindu stuff :P ). The creepy sound effect he makes when he slashes downwards is just...awesome.

That boss fight was awesome. Anyone else get flashbacks of Wind Waker when you were able to pick up the dropped sword during the second phase of the battle?That being said, it was the single battle that killed me twice at the very least. It was... Definitely not my greatest fight. =P

I love how in that boss battle, when you pick up the sword, it does that heavy object pickup animation, and then you proceed to carry it around at regular running speed and it doesn't cost any stamina.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Well, I for one am please by it's length. It took me like 8 days to beat on one mode; which is more than I can say for Twilight Princess. =PAlso! You guys wanted info on that 'split save' thing?

It's not a case of 'you'll miss something', as the only thing after that point is the final boss, as I had theorized. It's a case of 'if you don't do this and you go to Hero Mode, you lose all your progress'. So, I don't know why people are making such a big deal about it; it's the exact same thing that happened in Wind Waker; a New Game Plus. Not quite sure what it all has, content wise, as I haven't started it yet, but I figured you guys would want to know. =)

Details in spoilers, just in case even that would count as something people would want to avoid. And now... my thoughts on something that involves heavy spoilers.

Final boss... The final boss... I first fought him last night; and finished today, though after a break, obviously. I died to him like five times last night, and if it wasn't for my extra fairies I stocked up on between last night's last fight, and today's fight, I probably would've lost again. That guy is tough and definitely requires skills with the shield and sword. It's funny though, because I believe I was thinking about the fight last night, and figured that one of the ways to beat him involved that lightning. So, I start fighting him today, knock him down once, failed to stab him, knock him down a second time, try the Fatal Blow, and as I'm leaping through the air, everything happens as I expected it too. 0_o I was shocked, pardon the spoilerific pun. So; then the ending plays. It kinda ties everything up; however, there are a couple loose ends that, well, I don't understand. But for the most part, everything makes sense now. Now I understand, upon finishing this, everything that was being talked about prior to the game's release. Was thinking about something all through one of the fights, and upon completion, I went 'Ah', and knowingly nodded. =P

^ Contains heavy spoilers about the last few things; don't read until you beat the game, even if I'm being vague...

Go battle Keese. =P They'll drop eventually.And as for the Bosses...

There are better fights. However, since that depends on the person playing, I'll say this: You fight Ghirahim more than just that once. ;)

Spoiler tag's there for a reason. =P

I'd think it would be the luck deal. Those things are rare, I must admit, but I've tried the cave.But really, those are the only collectible items aside from the Tumbleweed and Golden Skulls that I don't have many of. =/ And the Skull Ornaments, of course.

I only saw your edit just now. D= It wasn't there when I was typing. =PQuick question, after reading something elsewhere... When did the Majora's Mask Link ever use the Finishing Blow? 0_o Unless that person was going off the 'OoT Link is Hero's Shade' theory...

Also! You guys wanted info on that 'split save' thing?

It's not a case of 'you'll miss something', as the only thing after that point is the final boss, as I had theorized. It's a case of 'if you don't do this and you go to Hero Mode, you lose all your progress'. So, I don't know why people are making such a big deal about it; it's the exact same thing that happened in Wind Waker; a New Game Plus. Not quite sure what it all has, content wise, as I haven't started it yet, but I figured you guys would want to know. =)

So I assume that, like in Wind Waker, you could simply save over a blank file after beating the game to have access to hero mode as well as your old save file. Thanks for the tip.I'm currently in the Earth Temple. Haven't gotten the bomb bag yet; hopefully I'll have time today. :t: :b: :3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Balta:

You need to copy your save... Due to what the Hero mode allows, you can't just choose any file to become a Hero Mode file, you must overwrite your other file, and you get to choose the name again and everything.Whether this is what happened in Wind Waker or not, however, I don't know, still haven't finished that... it'll likely be next, with me completing my Skyward Sword spree sometime next week with Hero Mode.

Balta:

You need to copy your save... Due to what the Hero mode allows, you can't just choose any file to become a Hero Mode file, you must overwrite your other file, and you get to choose the name again and everything.Whether this is what happened in Wind Waker or not, however, I don't know, still haven't finished that... it'll likely be next, with me completing my Skyward Sword spree sometime next week with Hero Mode.

Aw, c'mon, really? Fail. In WW you could overwrite any save file. Can you choose not to overwrite your file, then beat the boss a second time and unlock hero mode again?:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Balta:

You can do that. You can choose not to overwrite your file, however, to actually unlock Hero Mode for that file, you'd need to copy it to a different file, and then beat the boss as you say. Hence the 'split your save' thing.The reason for that, however, is because you get to keep your collection apparently. I don't know to what extent that goes, but either way, I'll have 99 Deku Hornets and 99 Blessed Butterflies still. xD

I'll take a guess that it's the puzzles. =PThat place was certainly not the shortest region. I believe a good chunk of my playtime of around 64 hours and maybe 50 minutes(Minus resets from the final battle) was from that. =P

Wow, does my head hurt. Not sure if it's from staring at a TV screen for most of the day, or all those dang puzzles getting to me.So far, I've spent more time trying to get into the third dungeon than I spent running around in the first and second combined. >_<

Oh yeah, I beat a dungeon per day for the first two days, but the Lanayru Desert took me a full day of work to get through before I even started on the Mining Facility.

p

Has anybody besides me had trouble getting common treasures? I've got tonnes of Goddess Plumes, Blue Feathers, and Golden Skulls, but very little of anything else (Besides Amber Relics obviously).It's rather annoying when one wants to upgrade things.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Yeah, I agree, which is why I've been trying to avoid talking about the spoiler parts too much, but... Well... I can't avoid them all, which is what the tag's for. =PI must say that this is better than Ocarina, though. Even so, I'm likely gonna play Wind Waker before the second playthrough; if only because that's one of the only Zelda games I have now that I haven't beaten.(Second is Zelda II, and I believe people can understand that one. =P)/EDIT: Didn't see the other post that popped up. I've had trouble getting Ornamental Skulls. The Goddess Plumes and such are fairly easy to get later in the game when you know where and how to look. =P

I've always had trouble finding Monster Claws when I need them, but I think about 70% of the random treasure chests I've opened have given me Golden Skulls. I didn't even see my first Jelly Blob until I was almost to the Earth Temple, but now I get them all the time. It's all just luck really.

Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p