The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

Well, I made it to the Silent Realm last night. I only got one attempt before having to turn the game off, but from what I have seen it should be pretty challenging.

It's not.It's incredibly panic inducing, but not actually very hard.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

The Silent Realms are awesome, I must say. Nice puzzle stuff too, but the hardest part is when you're trying to get past the water, and then everything decides to try and kill you.Had fun walking on the water in one of the realms, though, everything trying to kill me. ... And succeeded at one point because of my stamina. =P

The Silent Realm's actually pretty easy as long as you don't get too freaked out, just consider the map and take your time. I haven't died in any of the Silent Realms, and my flower-meter-thing has only run out once. If you just try not to panic, you can carefully consider the order you need to grab the tears and you won't be as likely to stumble into a Watcher in your haste.

p

Maybe I shouldn't have said challenging. One try doesn't mean something is hard, just that you need to try again. :PRegardless, I do actually have a bit of a problem. Last night I was doing everything Zakann said, but there was one tear I couldn't find. It's the one located near the bottom of the map in a small ring of water that seems to have its own tide. Anyway, the only thing on that mini-island was a tree, and rolling into said tree didn't make the tear drop down (so it can't be up there, right?). Sooo...Does anyone know which one I am talking about, and if so, how it can be found? Just a tip will suffice, I still want to feel like I did it on my own. :lol:

Lacertus

Well, it doesn't exactly help that I also get sidetracked and attempt to get some of the Dusk Relics. =P

Bit of a warning, you can't return to silent realms, so you're going to want to get as many Dusk Relics as you can. The only other way to get them is to pay 100 rupees each at the salesman in moonlit grotto in skyloft.

The Silent Realm's actually pretty easy as long as you don't get too freaked out, just consider the map and take your time. I haven't died in any of the Silent Realms, and my flower-meter-thing has only run out once. If you just try not to panic, you can carefully consider the order you need to grab the tears and you won't be as likely to stumble into a Watcher in your haste.

Even if an activated enemy is right on front of you, they attack so slowly that the only real way to get hit is to be cornered.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

I think it's just behind the tree from where you arrive, but it's been a little while since I did that so I'm not 100% sure.By the way, rolling into the tree was good thinking. You'll have to do that at one point in Nayru's Trial.

I'll have to remember to run around it again, but I could have sworn it wasn't there.As for the rolling, it's pretty much second nature by now. :lol:

Lacertus

Well, it doesn't exactly help that I also get sidetracked and attempt to get some of the Dusk Relics. =P

Bit of a warning, you can't return to silent realms, so you're going to want to get as many Dusk Relics as you can. The only other way to get them is to pay 100 rupees each at the salesman in moonlit grotto in skyloft.

Yes you can. Go back to Lanayru the Dragon. His other ability aside from Boss Rush is to let you revisit the Silent Realms; Dusk Relic and all. ;)

Where's this salesman, though? I've never seen anyone try and sell me the relics; I've seen one buy them from me, but...

I haven't had much time to play recently due to soccer and ridiculous amounts of homework, so the last thing I did was beat the Earth Temple.

The Sheikah lady ticks me off. So I'm supposedly incompetent and unable to protect Zelda? Oh, sorry, I was under the impression that I was the one who held off Girahim long enough for her to escape the Skyview Temple. But seriously, how do you expect me to catch up with her on foot when you teleport her straight from the Skyview Temple to the Eldin Province? I really don't get why I'm the one at fault here. If anything, it's your fault for warping her straight into the hands of the enemy.

Okay, that's enough of my ranting for now. I need to get started on Lanayru.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

I haven't had much time to play recently due to soccer and ridiculous amounts of homework, so the last thing I did was beat the Earth Temple.

The Sheikah lady ticks me off. So I'm supposedly incompetent and unable to protect Zelda? Oh, sorry, I was under the impression that I was the one who held off Girahim long enough for her to escape the Skyview Temple. But seriously, how do you expect me to catch up with her on foot when you teleport her straight from the Skyview Temple to the Eldin Province? I really don't get why I'm the one at fault here. If anything, it's your fault for warping her straight into the hands of the enemy.

Okay, that's enough of my ranting for now. I need to get started on Lanayru. :t: :b: :3:

I think it has less to do with Impa (that's her name. :P) thinking you are incompetent and more that she just has really ridiculous expectations. Sure, you are the chosen hero, but even Zelda wasn't ready for whatever "destiny had in store for her" immediately after arriving on the surface. Cut Link some slack, Impa. :lol:

Lacertus

Okay, that's enough of my ranting for now. I need to get started on Lanayru. :t: :b: :3:

I think it has less to do with Impa (that's her name. :P) thinking you are incompetent and more that she just has really ridiculous expectations. Sure, you are the chosen hero, but even Zelda wasn't ready for whatever "destiny had in store for her" immediately after arriving on the surface. Cut Link some slack, Impa. :lol:

Yeah, I was surprised when I got to that part, 'cause I was expecting Impa to be more the benevolent caretaker she's generally been throughout the series. Still, I think her harsh words may have just been her way of spurring Link onward, challenging him to be the very best(like no one ever was :P).

Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

Just got "A Link to the Past" manga today. ^^ I love the story version of it. Akira Himekawa (the artist and writer) does a pretty good job of giving Link and Zelda personalities (and Link talking surprisingly isn't a turn-off XD). The stories normally aren't 100% accurate to the video game story set-up, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest! (I actually love what was done differently, especially Volvagia in the Ocarina of Time books. ^^). Anyone else read the manga?

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Just got "A Link to the Past" manga today. ^^ I love the story version of it. Akira Himekawa (the artist and writer) does a pretty good job of giving Link and Zelda personalities (and Link talking surprisingly isn't a turn-off XD). The stories normally aren't 100% accurate to the video game story set-up, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest! (I actually love what was done differently, especially Volvagia in the Ocarina of Time books. ^^). Anyone else read the manga?

Yep, and although I'm not really into that sort of thing, I loved the Zelda manga. I think that although it's non-canonical, it's still a great addition to the story.

I do!I think some of them aren't that great, but I love the Ocarina of Time one. I'd love to see that in the real game.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Hehe... I do agree that the stories aren't perfect (there are parts that are rushed and have potential if they were expanded on), but for covering hours of gameplay into one to two books is pretty impressive, in my opinion.And, no, they only take a few hours or so to read (maybe even less if you're a fast reader. I like to study the artwork a bit. XP).Reasons why I like "A Link to the Past" manga: We see Link's parents (win), we see Link's parents (sorry, I just can't get over that. XD), Link and Zelda actually develop a relationship of sorts (finally), Ghanti (She's awesome. XD), the Twilight world is pretty cool (It's like and unlike the game's version...), also the story is just plain sweet (the action is kinda rushed in this one, I'll admit. Ocarina of Time had better balance of action and story in my opinion, but it's still good). Also Zelda's character design; I like hers the best out of any Zelda (Although Skyward Sword Zelda is still looking promising (still don't have the game yet. XD).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Thanks for the tip jala. :PMaybe you could have been a bit less specific though... :lol:Edit: I'm stuck again......I'm at the Eldin temple.... place.... Where you have to guide the ball through the lava tunnel, not super wide, but your ball is stopped by the platform.Hints anyone? :lol: Edit 2: Never mind... XD~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

Alright, so I got two pretty obscure theories about some stuff in Zelda last night; I'll share the one without anything to do with Skyward Sword in it first. This one has to do with Twilight Princess.So I was thinking about a certain cutscene with Midna in it, the one where she's telling Link about where the Twili come from - the whole story about the Interloper War and trying to steal the Triforce and all that. Well, on ZeldaWiki, I came across this image, which shows three dark Links; and if I remember correctly, in that cutscene, Link is trying to touch the Triforce but those three are about to kill him, or something like that, and then they get banished to the Twilight Realm. Or something like that.But that got me to thinking - who were the original interlopers? And then I remembered something about the whole Four Swords saga. Now, the only game within that arc that I've played is Minish Cap, but I specifically remember from the trailer of Four Swords that all of the Links were basically trying to kill each other over Rupees and such.So I guess what I'm trying to propose is that the Interloper War was actually fought between the four Links (hence the three dark Links in the cutscene (or at least the screenshot) versus the one good Link); which is weird because you think of Four Swords as being really childish and funny, but Twilight Princess just makes it serious. The only flaw I see with this theory is that I don't know who the four Links are in Four Sword - are they projections of Link, like in Minish Cap, or are they four legitimately different people?Thoughts/help?

The dark interlopers are symbolic, they're supposed to be eery because they resemble Link. In the scene you're talking about, one of them actually takes 'Link's body. It's not literally a fight between four Links, Link was never there to try and get the triforce, basically, it's showing what happened in terms Link can understand (The scene shows Link stab Ilia in order to get the triforce, showing how desperately people would have wanted the triforce)EDIT: Sorry if I didn't understand your full theory, I didn't have time to read it very thoroughly.

Edited by hatok

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Just beat Skyward Sword, so GIGANTIC SPOILERS AHEAD:

Demise had a really epic death. Lightning-charged Master Sword to the chest? That rivals the infamous forehead-strike from Wind Waker, maybe even tops it. And I figured he'd turn out to be the first incarnation of Ganon in some way or another. I mean just look at that schnoz. :PThe ending reminded me of OoT a bit, what with the baddie swearing he will one day get revenge. I liked that little throwback.

p

I liked how the final boss of Skyward sword was what seemed to be Akuma from street fighter, that was cool.Joking aside, game was pretty meh, I thought every 3d game was better. And a link to the past too.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down