Question On Bohrok-Kal And Nuva Symbols

After the Bohrok-Kal stole the Nuva symbols, what did they do with them?At one point there was an animation of Gahlok-Kal putting one of the symbols on its back, so it's possible that they carried them around. But if the Bohrok-Kal had the symbols on them at all times then you would think the Toa would have been more concerned with grabbing their symbols, instead of the Bohrok’s krana, or trying to stop them without their elemental powers?And if they don't carry them, then what did they do with them?This is probably a silly question, but I never thought of it until now.

They attempted to put the symbols on the Nuva cube to release the Baghrag queens. Check the link:http://biosector01.c....php/Bohrok-Kal

Edited by Power of Fire

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

This is a nearly identical repeat of a similar topic that has probably died by now. Search through S&T for recent topics on the symbols and you'll find a lot of discussion on this. :)In short, probably for a while as they searched for the best way to tunnel into the Bahrag's chamber (the normal entrance having been blocked by the collapse the Nuva narrowly escaped from earlier), they may have hidden them. At the other times they were probably carried on their back.It's also possible they did have them on their back at some times when Kal were temporarily defeated. In the one in the comic with Pohatu and Onua, which was mainly what the other topic was about, if you read it closely the Toa were briefly distracted, then when the topic of discussion came back towards the symbols, Pohatu looks towards where the Kal should be, and it is gone, so my theory is that we're meant to understand that he assumed he could reach down and pick it up at any time (plus it probably wasn't either his or Onua's symbol), and the Kal's surprising escape happened so quickly he was too late.Some variant of any of the above could explain other times they were close to getting the symbols back. And even if they did get the symbols back it wouldn't have done much good without all the Kal being defeated; that enemy was powerful enough to quickly steal the symbols and powers away later. The real goal had to be to stop all the Kal and permanently so.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This is a nearly identical repeat of a similar topic that has probably died by now. Search through S&T for recent topics on the symbols and you'll find a lot of discussion on this. :)In short, probably for a while as they searched for the best way to tunnel into the Bahrag's chamber (the normal entrance having been blocked by the collapse the Nuva narrowly escaped from earlier), they may have hidden them. At the other times they were probably carried on their back.It's also possible they did have them on their back at some times when Kal were temporarily defeated. In the one in the comic with Pohatu and Onua, which was mainly what the other topic was about, if you read it closely the Toa were briefly distracted, then when the topic of discussion came back towards the symbols, Pohatu looks towards where the Kal should be, and it is gone, so my theory is that we're meant to understand that he assumed he could reach down and pick it up at any time (plus it probably wasn't either his or Onua's symbol), and the Kal's surprising escape happened so quickly he was too late.Some variant of any of the above could explain other times they were close to getting the symbols back. And even if they did get the symbols back it wouldn't have done much good without all the Kal being defeated; that enemy was powerful enough to quickly steal the symbols and powers away later. The real goal had to be to stop all the Kal and permanently so.

That makes plenty of sense. Thanks for the answer.

A statement on the Nuva Symbols, if I were a toa nuva who just accomplished that, then I would take every precaution to hide my nuva symbol considering what could be done if my enemies find it.Though I was also curious as to whether the symbols were left in the chamber or taken with them to, say, Metru-Nui with all the other stuff. Thanks for the information Bonesiii.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Yea, what happened to the symbols after?

After the Bohrok-Kal incident, the symbols were moved to more secret and hard-to-reach places on the island, where they were constantly guarded by the Matoran. They have since been taken to Metru Nui.[...]After the Matoran Universe was destroyed, the Nuva Symbols were taken to Spherus Magna.

Would the Matoran leave the keys to their Toa's powers where someone could easily find them and render those powers obsolete? I think not.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I always thought they carried them on their backs yeah.But as for afterward, I'm not sure. Maybe they were left near the Nuva Cube, or were brought back to the Koro. but even if they were, would they have been destroyed along with the island of Mata Nui? And if they were brought with them on the return to Metru Nui, would they have been destroyed upon Teridax's defeat and the M.U.'s destruction? With any of the three possibilities, the Toa Nuva kept their powers. I don't know if they were absolutely intrinsic to their powers. Keep in mind a quote from Turaga Nuju - "It is a symbol, nothing more." ;)

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Well, I always thought they carried them on their backs yeah.But as for afterward, I'm not sure. Maybe they were left near the Nuva Cube, or were brought back to the Koro. but even if they were, would they have been destroyed along with the island of Mata Nui? And if they were brought with them on the return to Metru Nui, would they have been destroyed upon Teridax's defeat and the M.U.'s destruction? With any of the three possibilities, the Toa Nuva kept their powers. I don't know if they were absolutely intrinsic to their powers. Keep in mind a quote from Turaga Nuju - "It is a symbol, nothing more." ;)
After the Kal incident they were brought back to the Koro, then taken to Metru Nui, and now to Spherus Magna. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

After the Kal incident they were brought back to the Koro, then taken to Metru Nui, and now to Spherus Magna. :)
So they are intact, then?

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Yep. If they weren't, the Nuva would have lost their powers as during the Kal incident. Basically, that incident showed the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran the importance of not leaving the symbols floating around above Suvas in plain sight for enemies to steal, heh, so they've been very careful to keep them safe since then.