Dark-Fire Dragon

Meiko

7330544778_6af221543e_m.jpg

Here is my first large-scale Hero Factory MOC, and my first MOC posted on BZPower. I started building this after BrickFair (August) of 2011, and stopped working on it for a long time. In that long time, it fell apart a lot, and I just decided to rebuild and finish it today. My favorite parts are how strong the legs are, and how unique the body is. The body is built mostly of Hero body bone pieces. Also, this doesn't use any 2012 Hero Factory parts, because I personally don't have any... yet.

• [*]
Side[*]Front[*]Back[*]Top[*]Close-up of Legs[*]Close up of Head[*]With a Rider[*]Flickr set

Sorry for the weird grain on some of the pictures. I have no clue what happened there (it's Aanchir's camera, not mine). I'll try to get better pictures at BrickFair, because it'll be there.UPDATES: (as requested)

• [*]
New neck[*]New arms[*]Pose[*]Another Pose

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The head is a little wide for that thin, tapering neck. Try beefing up the neck. Also, try a different armor design on the bicep so that it covers more of the arm. But I like the legs! Keep trying, and this will get pretty good!

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the arms are my least favorite part. At least they are better than my first attempt of large, Hero Factory-based wings. >_>I'll work on the neck. I'm sitting at my computer with it right next to me, and I see where I can beef it up nicely, hopefully. The biceps... I'll try. Running out of Hero Factory pieces in this color scheme that are different than the current design, though.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The legs and tail are nicely designed. The arms however could be a lot more thicker. Also, the colors are great but there could be a bit more red at the bottom.

Thanks. I'll try to beef up the arms. I'll probably have to go buy some more sets, because I'm out of good red pieces for the legs.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This is definitevly one of the best MOCs I've seen on BZP!! Good job!! Looks like Kardas.

Thanks man! After I decided against the three-headed idea, I actually did think of Kardas, though I wanted to keep it as unique as possible.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This is definitevly one of the best MOCs I've seen on BZP!! Good job!! Looks like Kardas.

Thanks man! After I decided against the three-headed idea, I actually did think of Kardas, though I wanted to keep it as unique as possible.
Three headed? Wow. That would've 'bin kinda weird, and a trouble, but it'd look good! Though it looks good enough as it is now.

-G u u R a h K

Three headed? Wow. That would've 'bin kinda weird, and a trouble, but it'd look good! Though it looks good enough as it is now.
Yeah, my original idea was to have three heads, but it required me to buy two more Raw-Jaw sets, which I never managed to get more than one (which is used on the one head). This is a picture of the original WIP, though it is absolutely terrible quality in terrible lighting with a terrible webcam, but you can make out where the other two heads would attach. Also, there is [headless] Von Nebula and 7051 Tripod Invader next to the WIP for size comparison.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Yeah, my original idea was to have three heads, but it required me to buy two more Raw-Jaw sets, which I never managed to get more than one (which is used on the one head). This is a picture of the original WIP, though it is absolutely terrible quality in terrible lighting with a terrible webcam, but you can make out where the other two heads would attach. Also, there is [headless] Von Nebula and 7051 Tripod Invader next to the WIP for size comparison.
Poor Von Nebula. :PI've never even managed to get Raw Jaw. I barely manage to get SOMETHING. :(

-G u u R a h K

The head actually looks like a dragon. I cringe on how there isn't so much armoring on the arms, the legs are so good and amored pefectly, I just think those arms are out of place. Again, love the face. The body is just like a dragon, so I like that too. Love this one Meiko. :)~Gravity

The head actually looks like a dragon. I cringe on how there isn't so much armoring on the arms, the legs are so good and amored pefectly, I just think those arms are out of place. Again, love the face. The body is just like a dragon, so I like that too. Love this one Meiko. :)~Gravity

Thanks for the feedback. The arms were the last thing I worked on, so chances are I was too lazy to find more parts. :PI'll work on the neck and arms tomorrow afternoon, and will hopefully be able to get more photos uploaded. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick