Fluonek, Toa Of Fluorine

1336335837m_SPLASH.jpgMany thousands of years ago, when the Great Beings crafted Mata Nui, they built Toa to inhabit him. Many Toa were created by the use of Toa stones, which channeled the elemental power of the universe into Matoran. Not the Toa of Fluorine.1336331182m_SPLASH.jpgThe power of Fluorine rejected the Toa stones, and reacted violently with Protodermis. But the Great Beings know that its unique powers were necessary for the inner workings of their creation.1336331192m_SPLASH.jpgSo they made a Toa whose power was not contained within his body and channeled into a thousand uses and powers, but rather, stemmed from the very materials his body was crafted of.1336331203m_SPLASH.jpgThe first Toa of Fluorine to be born died the same day, when the power of Fluorine reacted with the metal room he was crafted in. Two Great Beings perished in the toxic flames. Because the Great Beings had spurned the natural Elemental Powers of the universe and relied instead on their own processes, the Toa could not control his powers.1336331212m_SPLASH.jpgThe Great Beings crafted three more Toa of Fluorine, each one perishing when his powers reacted with the environment. The last two survived long enough to show that they could, indeed, use the powers as they wished- but when their bodies contacted a Fluorine-reactant material they couldn’t stop the violent eruptions of energy.1336331223m_SPLASH.jpgTheir fifth attempt was created as the others- a raw mess of artificial elemental energy just waiting to explode. But the Great Beings had one last hope. In the controlled conditions of their lab, they bonded all the surfaces of his body with other elements and materials to create non-reactive Fluoropolymers. He emerged from the lab strong, non-reactive- and entirely powerless.1336331233m_SPLASH.jpgThis fifth Toa did not release his power unwillingly, nor could he access it willingly. It was trapped within a prison of atomic bonds. In light of this final failure, the Great Beings were on the verge of cancelling the project altogether when one of them had an insane and risky idea.Why, he asked, should the entire Toa be converted into Fluoropolymer? Why not leave the Toa a single arm to channel his power with?And thus Fluonek was born. His Fluorine energy was contained exclusively in his left arm and a few other relatively safe parts of his body. He was trained to never let anything touch those parts of him, and equipped with a Fluoropolymer shield for further protection.The Great Beings also gave him a staff of the same powerful, artificial mineral that housed his power. He could channel his Fluorine power through it and draw power from it as he needed. And, of course, anything that touched it was history.He traveled the Matoran Universe for millennia, using his vast destructive and creative capabilities for the greater good.1336331303m_SPLASH.jpgUnfortunately, he was working with a tribe of coastal Matoran when the Mata Nui robot collapsed. The immense force of the fall made water flood the beach and wash over him, reacting with his Fluorine arm. As the flames engulfed him he threw his Fluoropolymer shield to the Matoran, who all survived by using it as a flotation device.1336331314m_SPLASH.jpg****4th Wall: This was built for a contest, I had to create a Fluorine Toa. After reading up on Fluorine, I felt like none of the opaque colors Lego produced quite did it justice, and wanted to use trans-clear and trans-yellow parts. Unfortunately, the only Bionicle part that I thought would work was the Vahki head armor thing. Since I only had one in the right color, I had to go asymmetrical and use a lot of trans system and black Bionicle. I think it turned out alright, although I wish I could have made both sides trans.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Heh, I love the backstory. :CReally like that shoulder armoring, only wishing you had two trans-green Vahki head armors.I like the idea of shield of some sort, and the staff design is amazing IMO. Love that custom torso, just a little blocky.Really like this concept, and good luck with the contest. :)~Gravity

Edited by Gravity Caiox

Love that custom torso, just a little blocky.Really like this concept, and good luck with the concert. :)

Thanks! The torso is a little blocky, but it was necesary to incorperate the trans-clear system pieces.Alas, the concert didn't go to well, my trumpet was out of tune. :P

His weapon looks a little awkward, but it works.

I wanted it to be longer, but I only has so many trans-yellow 1x1 plates.

Love that custom torso, just a little blocky.Really like this concept, and good luck with the concert. :)

Thanks! The torso is a little blocky, but it was necesary to incorperate the trans-clear system pieces.Alas, the concert didn't go to well, my trumpet was out of tune. :P

His weapon looks a little awkward, but it works.

I wanted it to be longer, but I only has so many trans-yellow 1x1 plates.
Yeah I understand on the blockyness. You got to incorperate the trans pieces into the Moc.Oh my, I wrote concert? xD~Gravity Edited by Gravity Caiox

Nice job on adding the Exo-Force pieces to the MOC. The translucent pieces look so cool on it. By the way, where did you get that translucent mask?

What Exo-Force pieces? The robot arms in the hands?The translucenst mask is just a KauKau from the mask packs of yesteryear. The six colors of KauKaus were all trans, with trans-clear being the "white" color.