E3 2012

Also it's basically fact that the newer Pokemon designs aren't as good as the old ones. I mean, when you start just drawing a face on an ice cream, you know something has gone wrong.
As opposed to a face on a Pokeball- that is COMPLETELY original!Or its evolution- a face on a *dun dun dun* UPSIDE DOWN Pokeball!

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Making sense? If we're going to make sense here, let's abolish all dragons and ghosts. Or, if we're all of a sudden not critiquing artistic value, let's look at the Pokedex entry:

This Pokémon formed from icicles bathed in energy from the morning sun. It sleeps buried in snow.
Does that not make sense? Is it a stretch, sure, but it's a creative stretch.The games have only gotten better and the designs are no worse. The only criticism the new games could possibly be victim of are 'It's not what I grew up with', not this 'LOL ice cream' or 'Too many games UGH' that they get anyways. Edited by ~JC~

It's an icicle that looks like icecream, and it's designed better than most of the originals. i seriously do not understand why people try to defend the originals for being so creative when almost all of them weren't. Voltorb/Electrode are the least original things ever made in the series, yet you say those are neat. on the other hand, the "ice cream looking one" isn't neat? sounds like a double standard to me. you're basically saying old + terribly designed = quirky and acceptable, but new + terrible design = the worst thing ever.and gen 1 has a lot more horrible things than 'Torb. What about diglett? looks absolutely nothing like a mole, but rather something a 2nd grade girl signs her friends' yearbooks with just to be silly. and for its evolution? three of them next to each other, but angry also. same goes for Magnemite and Magneton. 3 of the first one stuck together totally does not count as an acceptable evolution.eggsecute? just eggs with faces, something we see in the real world once every easter.rattata? a recolored rat. its evolution? a regular rat.seel? a white seal. then it evolves into a bigger version of the same freaking thing as before.and artificial pokemon makes sense to you, but then you say one that looks like ice cream doesn't, and criticize it for that? do you not realize that these are creatures that can vomit streams of water infinitely, shoot lightning/fire/ice out of their orifices, and instantaneously change form when hit in he head with a neat-looking rock? quit splitting hairs.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Let's not throw around the term fanboy here- I'm just not blinded by nostalgia of the first few generations. Am I saying you are? No. So let's not use that word at all.You can't honestly say that the newer generations haven't put out a slew of cool looking Pokemon. Saying 'Lol ice cream' and pretending that's all the new generations have is showing them in a bad light. Let's look at Hydreigon, Electivire, Garchomp, Escavalier, Lucario, Scrafty, the musketeers, the genies. Stop being so biased.

actually i think the Genies are a bad example. they look not only insanely similar to each other, but also look a lot more like Digimon than pokemon.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I sort of have to agree with Tilius on this one. Some of the newer Pokemon designs are a little absurd and different in various ways. I am fairly okay with everything up until Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but Black/White is something forgettable to me. There are some okay designs, a few cool, and then there are others which are a tad absurd.Balta is correct though, this discussion should continue on in the Official Pokemon Topic.Everyone is entitled to an opinion, let's just keep things going friendly and civil guys. There is a generation gap here. I grew up with the originals and I am partial to them. The younger crowd generally leans towards the newer stuff they experience firsthand. Sometimes it takes time getting used to the designs, and others you just never get fond of.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

With that said...

Sony trumped the Wii U with the controller functionality of the Vita with the PS3. Hah!
Uh... Uh... Uh... what? How does that make sense? The Vita is nowhere near better for a tablet controller than the Wii U GamePad... Yes, it can actually take games away from the house, but at that point, you pretty much have a giant one screen 3DS+CPP. When on the flip side, you have something that was built on both ends to be compatible with each other... The PS3 was built for the PSP; though I wouldn't doubt them to be able to expand the capabilities to include heavy Vita compatibility, I don't know if they're really able to have things like streaming gameplay pretty much instantly, without requiring a second copy of the game for your second system.

Streaming gameplay from PS3 on Vita can be anywhere from great to painfully slow. I've heard that the speeds are very similar to those of the PSP, and streaming gameplay on that is pretty bad over the internet, but pretty good if it's connected directly to the PS3. I think that the Vita would actually be a nice version of the WiiU's Gamepad for PS3, as it functions as a controller with a screen, so you can use the PS3 while the TV is off or used by someone else. Of course, I'd doubt that it would actually be an important feature, especially since the Vita is more expensive than PS3.

They mentioned that they were working on similar connective functions, and honestly I think if they devote enough time to that (and hack the price) it could very well end up being a more viable option than a Wii U. The only problem is that the gaming audience at large is ready for new things all the time, and especially now with the consoles. Nintendo rekindled that desire, even if they didn't necessarily know what they were doing with it.

it's funny. a lot of people say "everyone wants new things" but i know plenty of people who would be happier keeping their console around for a little longer so they don't have to shell out the cash for a new one just to keep up. there's a large amount of people who ran their PS2s into the ground before moving onto something newer.

This topic so far

Vs.

That's because the PS2 was amaaaaazing.No but seriously the companies themselves would much rather extend the life of the current system, but the average consumer has shown a desire for updated consoles, especially as far as the Wii was concerned with it's lack of HD graphics and all. And now that the Wii U is coming out, that's the official start of the next console generation, so everybody else has to keep up as well.

Sony souped the ###### out of the PlayStation 3 before releasing it, thus the stellar titles that only seem to be getting bigger and better with no signs of stopping halfway through it's lifecycle.Wii needs an upgrade bad but the Xbox is still in the air- the question arises, though, how much more can they do with just a DVD drive. Nobody wants to have to eject a disc then put in a new one halfway through gameplay.

i honestly would rather keep my PS3 for another five years at least before having to buy a PS4.

This topic so far

Vs.